Meanwhile in capital hill

105,857 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
CampBlueRevue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Why hasn't Trump called these insurrectionists sons of *****es or animals? He has said so many bad things about so many groups of people but all they've said so far is that they condemn violence of all kinds. I think we all know the answers and far too many republicans want to avoid the harsh truth.
I recall someone once telling us that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts." Something like that.
Remember when Bunker Boy retreated to the White House panic room as BLM protestors gathered near the WH? He probably had visions of Mussolini's fate when the mob turned on him.

concordtom
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

This is a fascinating graph published in Newsweek. I wonder what happened in summer of 2018...

I'm sorry, but this is the stupid-frickingest post of ALL TIME!!!!
HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LISTENING TO US????
This graph shows and upward trending, and increasing upward, feeling of political violence for the last 4 years.
And you ask what happened???

Donald Trump has been allowed to spew his hate speech for the past 5 years. Aided and abetted by the likes of apologists like YOU!
So, what happened in the summer of 2018? 'hanky1' was enjoying his glorious tax cut, that's what.
Quit defending him, hanky. He is scum! End it here and now.
Where have I ever defended Donald Trump? Please clearly cite.
You guys continue to mistake my mocking of leftist politics as support for trump.

It's like saying I'm a Stanford fan because I make fun of Cal.

On the contrary, I enjoy making fun of both Cal and Stanford.
You want a get out of jail card?
Okay, let's start with this:

1) Obama was born in Hawaii. Trump is a racist MF who started that entire BS.
2) Trump is a GD fool who has no idea what he is doing.
3) Trump is driven by his extreme overt narcissism. He doesn't hire talented and qualified individuals who are professionals in their fields - he hires people who will kiss his belt buckle, and do what he says. This makes him a disaster of an executive, and a disaster of a President. Speaking of which...
4) Trump is THE worst President of all-time.
5) The Republicans who have gone along with his game have done so as a power grab to the detriment of this country. They should be condemned and rebuked.
6) Voters who could not figure out the above are idiots.

If you can say the above, hanky1, then I will accept whatever criticisms you want to make about Trump's opposition. Basic facts first, though - let's get that straight. My absolute ire for 4 years has been the unwillingness and inability of Republicans to make such Trump bashing statements.

Thank you.
I'm in jail? Who's jail and why do I care?

But I'll play your game anyways if you play Bearforce's game.

Obama was born in Hawaii. Trump did not start that BS. TDS again. Stop making that up.
I think this is pretty obvious to everyone even Trump supporters. Excluding his rhetoric, he has actually governed as a classical conservative though in probably 70% of things.
3) Trump is driven by his extreme overt narcissism. He doesn't hire talented and qualified individuals who are professionals in their fields - he hires people who will kiss his belt buckle, and do what he says. This makes him a disaster of an executive, and a disaster of a President. Speaking of which...
Narcissism yes. Anyone who things they can/should be president is narcissistic. Qualified individuals? Depends. Some are. Some aren't.
Too early to say. Depends on how many of his policies remain after his presidency. Some will be overturned. But some will be kept. e.g. China policy.
5) The Republicans who have gone along with his game have done so as a power grab to the detriment of this country. They should be condemned and rebuked.
See #2. He's actually governed as a classical conservative in several things and people just went along with it. Are some complicit in the more shady stuff he's done? Absolutely.

If you don't understand why some people detested Hillary and refused to vote for her...than you're an idiot.
1) The fact that you stated a truth is good. But then you try to excuse it, and then attack me - not good.
2) Good. Then bad. See this book:

3) Sounds like you are trying to say his personality is okay because EVERYONE who goes for the office is just as bad. That's wrongfooted of you.
4) Weak. You're missing it all still.
5) "Classical conservative" - wrong. They've turned that on it's ear. See the deficit for 1. See the religious right looking the other way on his adultery, his vulgarity and nastiness for 2. Good job on implicating those complicit.
6) It's not enough to say, "we chose death by Trump vs death by Hillary." Because death by Trump is far worse than death by Hillary. Death by hillary is in your imagination. Death by Trump is reality. And, as I have been saying, if you didn't see it coming then YOU are the ----.

So, I give you a C-. Passing, but without any merit.
Thank you for your submission. And congratulations on passing.
okaydo

concordtom
dimitrig said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

BearForce1 through BearForce70000 have been deleted from Twitter.

aka Russian bots

Moscow was like, "These new technologies being developed in America are simply amazing!"

okaydo

hanky1
concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

This is a fascinating graph published in Newsweek. I wonder what happened in summer of 2018...

I'm sorry, but this is the stupid-frickingest post of ALL TIME!!!!
HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LISTENING TO US????
This graph shows and upward trending, and increasing upward, feeling of political violence for the last 4 years.
And you ask what happened???

Donald Trump has been allowed to spew his hate speech for the past 5 years. Aided and abetted by the likes of apologists like YOU!
So, what happened in the summer of 2018? 'hanky1' was enjoying his glorious tax cut, that's what.
Quit defending him, hanky. He is scum! End it here and now.
Where have I ever defended Donald Trump? Please clearly cite.
You guys continue to mistake my mocking of leftist politics as support for trump.

It's like saying I'm a Stanford fan because I make fun of Cal.

On the contrary, I enjoy making fun of both Cal and Stanford.
You want a get out of jail card?
Okay, let's start with this:

If you can say the above, hanky1, then I will accept whatever criticisms you want to make about Trump's opposition. Basic facts first, though - let's get that straight. My absolute ire for 4 years has been the unwillingness and inability of Republicans to make such Trump bashing statements.

Thank you.
I'm in jail? Who's jail and why do I care?

But I'll play your game anyways if you play Bearforce's game.

Obama was born in Hawaii. Trump did not start that BS. TDS again. Stop making that up.
I think this is pretty obvious to everyone even Trump supporters. Excluding his rhetoric, he has actually governed as a classical conservative though in probably 70% of things.
Narcissism yes. Anyone who things they can/should be president is narcissistic. Qualified individuals? Depends. Some are. Some aren't.
Too early to say. Depends on how many of his policies remain after his presidency. Some will be overturned. But some will be kept. e.g. China policy.
See #2. He's actually governed as a classical conservative in several things and people just went along with it. Are some complicit in the more shady stuff he's done? Absolutely.

If you don't understand why some people detested Hillary and refused to vote for her...than you're an idiot.
1) The fact that you stated a truth is good. But then you try to excuse it, and then attack me - not good.
2) Good. Then bad. See this book:

3) Sounds like you are trying to say his personality is okay because EVERYONE who goes for the office is just as bad. That's wrongfooted of you.
4) Weak. You're missing it all still.
5) "Classical conservative" - wrong. They've turned that on it's ear. See the deficit for 1. See the religious right looking the other way on his adultery, his vulgarity and nastiness for 2. Good job on implicating those complicit.
6) It's not enough to say, "we chose death by Trump vs death by Hillary." Because death by Trump is far worse than death by Hillary. Death by hillary is in your imagination. Death by Trump is reality. And, as I have been saying, if you didn't see it coming then YOU are the ----.

So, I give you a C-. Passing, but without any merit.

1. You did not acknowledge your LIE...that Trump started the birthing thing. This is a lie. You are no different than the people you hate.

The end.

F-

You fail.
okaydo
WalterSobchak
Do not fall for this WaPo narrative.
Trump was not paralyzed, he was HOPEFUL.
And he knew they needed time to have any chance.
This was not a situation that got away from him. It was a situation that fell short for him.
The worst thing we can do is be lenient. He must be removed as figurehead of the movement and made an example of what happens to traitors who fail.
If not, the odds of a repeat go up exponentially.
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

And there's this

" House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said on a conference call with members Monday that there is "undisputedly" no evidence that people linked to Antifa participated in last week's deadly siege on the Capitol, per sources on the call, and told members he had urged President Trump to call President-elect Biden after Trump promised a transfer of power."

!Does McCarthy need to call BF2? Of course it wouldn't do any good but maybe he should try. Or is McCarthy part of the Deep State now too? Maybe time for some idiotic smirking meme? Or how about a Trump dancing meme? So tough when your entire shtick gets blown up and proven to be a lie even by your own side.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
okaydo said:

GoOskie
okaydo said:

This brings me MUCH joy.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
GoOskie
okaydo said:

Thanks, okaydo. That was hilarious.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
dimitrig
GoOskie said:

okaydo said:

Thanks, okaydo. That was hilarious.
okaydo
dajo9
The videos of the fascists getting kicked off airplanes because of the No Fly List is a great way to start the day
American Vermin
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

Fake tweet, fake news. Republicans overwhelmingly condemned the actions of those who committed crimes.

This is so true:

Also, I'm so old I remember BearForce2 calling on the vice president to reject the results of the election.

okaydo

okaydo
concordtom

-

(I dedicate this post to B.A. Bearacus as an error in posting.
I only wish I could truly leave it empty while at the same time making the dedication.
The correct post will appear elsewhere.)
concordtom
WalterSobchak said:

Do not fall for this WaPo narrative.
Trump was not paralyzed, he was HOPEFUL.
And he knew they needed time to have any chance.
This was not a situation that got away from him. It was a situation that fell short for him.
The worst thing we can do is be lenient. He must be removed as figurehead of the movement and made an example of what happens to traitors who fail.
If not, the odds of a repeat go up exponentially.

Excellent.
And I'll remind. TheUS President, like George Washington, is commander on the battlefield. If he was paralyzed in the face of battle, he's a damned *****ty commander. If he was watching and waiting to see, he is treasonous. Treason is guilty by hanging or shooting squad.
I would rather Congress be lenient and opt for long time in jail.
How long is appropriate?
bearister
Thanks for posting. It may well be the definitive analytical essay on the matter (as of this date):

Opinion | Yes, It Was a Coup. Here's Why. - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/11/capitol-riot-self-coup-trump-fiona-hill-457549

*On January 3, 10 former defense secretaries signed a letter which contained this statement:

"As senior Defense Department leaders have noted, "there's no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election." Efforts to involve the U.S. armed forces in resolving election disputes would take us into dangerous, unlawful and unconstitutional territory. Civilian and military officials who direct or carry out such measures would be accountable, including potentially facing criminal penalties, for the grave consequences of their actions on our republic."

This statement caused me to be concerned that the former secretaries had heard "insider chatter" that a coup backed by police and members of the military was on standby. Looks like they knew....who else in the government did?
DenBear
This just in:

The Ohio State University has demanded a reversal of the results for the College Football National Championship game. They claim:

- The referees were biased against them.
- The official scorekeepers missed two OSU touchdowns.
- Three Alabama touchdowns were invalid because they used illegal players.
- The one Alabama field goal was invalid because a mechanism was employed to temporarily bend the uprights to make the ball go through them.
- The replays of contested plays substituted alternate video footage.
- The television announcers were biased.
- Most OSU fans with tickets were kidnapped before the game and Alabama fans were substituted.
- It is impossible that Alabama star receiver DeVonta Smith gained over 200 yards receiving in the first half, because that has never happened before in a playoff game.
- The field was tilted against them in the first quarter. After each quarter, the field was re-tilted to be against them.
- The software controlling the scoreboard was rigged, reversing the digits for both teams. The actual final score was OSU 42, Alabama 25.

OSU Head Coach Ryan Knight was quoted before the game as saying "The only way we can lose is by fraud", and after the game as "See? Didn't I tell you?"

okaydo

concordtom
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

...So, I give you a C-. Passing, but without any merit.

1. You did not acknowledge your LIE...that Trump started the birthing thing. This is a lie. You are no different than the people you hate.

The end.

F-

You fail.
Yes, I've heard he didn't start the lie.
I amend my initial wording at your request! I have no problem doing so. Fair is fair.

I'll add that Trump did amplify and extend The Lie. Big Time.
It's kinda fun arguing with you, hanky. It reminds me of recess in elementary school.
smh
concordtom said:

See this book:

thanks^ 2nd the book recommend, much appreciating the content a while back. still relevant and available at better public libraries everywhere # fave writer

insider bit: the author used to and may still have a house up the hill in berkeley, wife delivered kid(s) in town, and fam showed up on folding chairs courtside for Cal women's basketball some years ago.

>> It reminds me of recess in elementary school
what, hank stole your lunch??
okaydo
WalterSobchak
concordtom said:

I would rather Congress be lenient and opt for long time in jail.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. No Quarter
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
going4roses
okaydo said:

Bond ? So he can go continue to do wrong ?
They all should be declared national security threats until stuff is figured out
BearForce2
okaydo said:

BearForce2 said:

Fake tweet, fake news. Republicans overwhelmingly condemned the actions of those who committed crimes.

This is so true:

Also, I'm so old I remember BearForce2 calling on the vice president to reject the results of the election.

There must be something more interesting you can post in between a lie and a deodorant tweet.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo

going4roses
going4roses said:

okaydo said:

Bond ? So he can go continue to do wrong ?
They all should be declared national security threats until stuff is figured out

bearister
going4roses
bearister said:

That's the rub are 70-80 million going to snap out of it ? No
bearister
"Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff are preparing to send a message to the entire military force reiterating a tone of reassurance given recent violence in Washington, according to two defense officials.

The message will remind the force that their obligation is to support and defend the Constitution and reject extremism, the sources said. The decision to issue the message was agreed upon by the chiefs on Tuesday, one of the officials said." CNN

.."reject extremism?" Doesn't this basically acknowledge that there are "Patriot" whack jobs woven into the fabric of our military (like our police forces) and that the good general is worried about our soldiers back shooting each other when the Reckoning comes for The Deplorables.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.