Kamala Harris for President

50,493 Views | 979 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by bearister
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Both parties.

If you don't want to be called out in class by the teacher, stop staying stupid stuff and acting like you're right.
. So Obama skyrocketed the deficit his first year so he could whittle away at it until his final year when he started to ramp it up again for Trump? You must know that looking at one data point in a vacuum doesn't prove **** unless you are a simpleton high school teacher. Sorry, you could have been a great teacher I have no idea. Your posts on BI don't indicate that (with the name calling) but this is one data point in a vacuum. Nice colorful graph though.
dajo9
82gradDLSdad said:

AunBear89 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Both parties.

If you don't want to be called out in class by the teacher, stop staying stupid stuff and acting like you're right.
. So Obama skyrocketed the deficit his first year so he could whittle away at it until his final year when he started to ramp it up again for Trump? You must know that looking at one data point in a vacuum doesn't prove **** unless you are a simpleton high school teacher. Sorry, you could have been a great teacher I have no idea. Your posts on BI don't indicate that (with the name calling) but this is one data point in a vacuum. Nice colorful graph though.

That is 1 more datapoint than you have provided
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
AunBear89
He inherited the spike from Bush, and brought it down during his term. Read the graph.

And why so dismissive of colorful visual aids? They have long been effective tools for displaying information in a less verbal, more visual way for learners who are easily confused by blocks of text and/or confusing words and challenging concepts.

But I keep forgetting that lay people are allowed opinions about how teachers work, but our opinions are mocked and ignored.

Have fun drinking coffee and eating whatever with your Republican goose stepping buddies this weekend. Everyone deserves a happy place.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
Madame October rocking her interview on Fox News. The best I've ever seen a Dem deal with the media. More of this please.

Meanwhile Dementia Donold is hiding behind friendly audiences and music playlists to hide his growing incoherence from the public. When is his MSNBC interview?
MAGA
Haloski
movielover said:

Hindustan Times: Big October surprise rocks Kamala campaign, Tim Walz accused of 'inappropriate' relations with a minor

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/big-october-surprise-rocks-kamala-campaign-tim-walz-accused-of-inappropriate-relations-with-a-minor-101728801862114.html

Why in the hell would you repost such a transparently fake pile of tripe?

You don't seem to be very discerning at all.

Have you no self-respect?
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Republicans love to run up the debt, don't they?

I live in CA. We have debt with one of the biggest tax bases in the country. Is there a Republican I don't know about spending money? 12 years of Dem presidents 4 of Republicans. Let me guess... Bush left such a mess Dems had no choice but to spend. It's both parties. Everyone knows it. It's ok to admit it, no one cares when voting.

"A recent analysis by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget found that Mr. Trump approved nearly twice as much borrowing $8.4 trillion during his time in office as Mr. Biden has so far during his term."

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/11/us/politics/republicans-debt-deficit-platform.html

Just the Facts: Republicans Create Huge Deficits

Link:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Just%20the%20Facts%20-%20Republicans%20Create%20Huge%20Deficits.pdf

That settles it. Must be all Republicans. Just the facts.

Mostly.

Which party adds more to deficits?

Hint: it's the Republicans

Link:
https://towardsdatascience.com/which-party-adds-more-to-deficits-a6422c6b00d7

82gradDLSdad
What's CA's excuse for the deficit? Oh I know, this logic only works for federal spending. Got it. Republicans bad, Democrats good. Keep wishing that's the case. Does this qualify as a data point, Dajo or do I need to provide a colored graph?
dajo9
82gradDLSdad said:

What's CA's excuse for the deficit? Oh I know, this logic only works for federal spending. Got it. Republicans bad, Democrats good. Keep wishing that's the case. Does this qualify as a data point, Dajo or do I need to provide a colored graph?

California's debt as percent of GDP is 16%

U.S. debt percent of GDP is 122%

No colored graph needed for data
MAGA
AunBear89
82gradDLSdad said:

"Yeahbut, wottabout California? Hmmm? See? Gotcha!"
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Zippergate

I can't believe I have to point out that state debt is not the same as federal. The borrowing capacity of the federal government far exceeds that of any individual state. To argue that California is better managed and its debt burden is less than the federal government, you would have to look at debt relative to revenue. But even this does not provide an accurate picture because as a state, California must compete with other states with respect to tax burden. If taxes are too high, individuals and corporations leave the state. Are we to pretend that this hasn't happened already? (Toyota, Tesla, Chevron, Oracle, etc etc)

An honest look at the situation would compare California's debt to GDP relative to other states. I haven't bothered to look but I would bet that California and other diehard blue states like Illinois and New Jersey have much higher ratios than traditional red states. And this doesn't even take into account debt at the county and city level where again California is near the top of the shame list.

As for the discussion here about debt increases under Democrat and Republican administrations, I will not argue one side or the other. A pox on both their houses for their endless profligacy. I would just point out that Trump's final year was affected by that little event called Covid which caused politicians of all stripes to trip over each other to advocate for MOAR fiscal stimulus. If we are to blame Trump for that, then I suppose it's fair game to blame Democrats for debt accumulated during WWII.
AunBear89
Zippergate said:

As for the discussion here about debt increases under Democrat and Republican administrations, I will not argue one side or the other. A pox on both their houses for their endless profligacy.

Read the graphs again. This both sides bull is really too much, even for a pretend intellectual like you. Every Republican president hands off a huge deficit to his Democratic successor, and the Dem fixes it. It's right there in vivid color. Do you need a cartoon narrated by an animated slide rule to explain it further?

Clinton handed a surplus to Bush the Lesser, who tanked the economy. Obama could have done more if Republicans weren't dead set on obstruction of everything he tried to do. And Trump is still riding the coat tails of Obamas growing economy, pretending he had anything to do with it.
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

California had a $100B surplus in 2022. Do Dems get the credit for that?

The reality is that one of the key tenets of Republican policy is tax cuts and they enact them every chance they get. The problem is they don't cut spending to fund them. This proposal (cutting tax on Social Security) is more of the same.

If Republicans were serious about fiscal responsibility they would cut spending and raise taxes but that is very unpopular with their voting base.

82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

California had a $100B surplus in 2022. Do Dems get the credit for that?

The reality is that one of the key tenets of Republican policy is tax cuts and they enact them every chance they get. The problem is they don't cut spending to fund them. This proposal (cutting tax on Social Security) is more of the same.

If Republicans were serious about fiscal responsibility they would cut spending and raise taxes but that is very unpopular with their voting base.

I definitely have my doubts about growing the economy, even with the abundance of technological breakthroughs, will solve our budget woes but taxing the crap out of people, especially the rich, isn't the answer. Unfortunately our society doesn't do well with all the nuance and detail involved in solving many of our problems. And it certainly doesn't help you get elected. We seem to be in a tough spot these days.
dajo9
Zippergate said:

I can't believe I have to point out that state debt is not the same as federal. The borrowing capacity of the federal government far exceeds that of any individual state. To argue that California is better managed and its debt burden is less than the federal government, you would have to look at debt relative to revenue. But even this does not provide an accurate picture because as a state, California must compete with other states with respect to tax burden. If taxes are too high, individuals and corporations leave the state. Are we to pretend that this hasn't happened already? (Toyota, Tesla, Chevron, Oracle, etc etc)

An honest look at the situation would compare California's debt to GDP relative to other states. I haven't bothered to look but I would bet that California and other diehard blue states like Illinois and New Jersey have much higher ratios than traditional red states. And this doesn't even take into account debt at the county and city level where again California is near the top of the shame list.

As for the discussion here about debt increases under Democrat and Republican administrations, I will not argue one side or the other. A pox on both their houses for their endless profligacy. I would just point out that Trump's final year was affected by that little event called Covid which caused politicians of all stripes to trip over each other to advocate for MOAR fiscal stimulus. If we are to blame Trump for that, then I suppose it's fair game to blame Democrats for debt accumulated during WWII.

I can't believe I have to point out that you are making the argument that states who borrow and invest in themselves tend to be the most productive, biggest GDP states.
MAGA
Zippergate
I can't believe I have to point out that you are making the argument that states who borrow and invest in themselves tend to be the most productive, biggest GDP states.

Borrow and invest....in transfer payments. Or are you bragging about the wildly overbudget rail line that no one wants that will never get built.

Comedy gold.
dajo9
Zippergate said:

Borrow and invest....in transfer payments. Or are you bragging about the wildly overbudget rail line that no one wants that will never get built.

Comedy gold.

Both of the items you mentioned boost GDP
MAGA
Zippergate
So does breaking windows. You should work for the upcoming Kamala administration.
bear2034

I'm not a fan of neither Kamala Harris or Brett Baier but why is no one here talking about this?
AunBear89
Because it's made up wishful thinking?
bear2034
AunBear89
Tell yourselves whatever story you need to in order to make you feel less like Trump Campaign is flying off the rails.
dajo9
Zippergate said:

So does breaking windows. You should work for the upcoming Kamala administration.

Breaking windows does not boost GDP. But keep talking economics like you have any idea what you are talking about.
MAGA
sycasey
So it seems we're back to the old approach of Trump fans posting a clip of Kamala Harris giving a perfectly fine answer, but the person who posts it invariably adds a "LOL so dumb!" comment. Do they just assume most people won't actually watch the clip? (They're probably right about that.)
Zippergate
Look up broken window fallacy. Unsurprisingly, you missed the joke.
dajo9
Zippergate said:

Look up broken window fallacy. Unsurprisingly, you missed the joke.

You mistated the Broken Window Fallacy. I don't need to look it up.
MAGA
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

Tell yourselves whatever story you need to in order to make you feel less like Trump Campaign is flying off the rails.
I want to vote for Kamala Harris too but give me a reason without mentioning Trump's name.
AunBear89
Zippergate said:

82gradDLSdad
bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

I want to vote for Kamala Harris too but give me a reason without mentioning Trump's name.
Unfortunately this where both parties are.
bear2034
82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

Unfortunately this where both parties are.
Not really, one side supports illegal immigration.
AunBear89
Wrong again, parrot.
Zippergate
Spending tens of billions on a rail line that may never be completed that no one wants is about as close to a real life example of the broken window fallacy as you will find. (Solar farms in a hurricane zone are right up there.) But that may change once Kamala is in office. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we start destroying things so that the federal government can pay to rebuild them using Chinese-sourced products installed by migrants managed by DEI lunatics. It's going to be epic.

At any rate, please continue with your brilliant insight that California's transfer payments are an investment, that they add to GDP in any meaningful (permanent) sense.
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

Wrong again, parrot.
Were you a rhetoric major?
AunBear89
How many attempts before you passed Subject A?
bear2034
82gradDLSdad
AunBear89 said:

How many attempts before you passed Subject A?
Only one for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.