Chinese Virus is China's curse to the world

29,943 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hanky1
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

What about the Black Death? Why no one complaining about that? Did black people start that? No. Is the lack of outrage because racism against blacks?

Have the people who are outraged in this thread because of Chinese Virus...are they also outraged by the Black Death term? Where's the outrage? Maybe there's none because you're racist? I don't know.
You're on a roll!
GBear4Life
OaktownBear said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

hanky1 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

hanky1 said:

Yes it's called the Chinese Virus. Not Coronavirus. Not COVID-19. Chinese Virus. Why can't we call it Chinese Virus? Racism? Please.
What difference does it make what we call it? Can't we make better use of our time and energy than to argue about this?
It's important at times like this to assign blame so everyone knows who to blame: China.

For the record, I thought the above emboldened post was pretty funny. A statesman calling it the Chinese Virus is not... at all.
PC ideology requires inferences like yours...what a time to play PC police. It is in fact a virus and pandemic originating in China. Just facts.

Another fact: started at a "wet market" -- a PC term for an abhorrent an unsanitary animal carcass mill. PC ideologues will undoubtedly avoid at all costs criticizing this practice and its part in China's culture of barbarism and lack of sanitation...nevermind that humans next to them are dying as a result.
1. The second statement is not a fact. That is a hypothesis with very little supporting evidence.
2. China's practices of selling animals of all varieties is abhorrent, unhealthy, and harms the environment. It should be stopped for many reasons including its potential for breeding new strains of illness. Hopefully, if something good comes of this, it will be that the Chinese government will realize that the Western world will dramatically reduce its business contacts with them if they continue these practices and if they continue the practice of shutting up doctors who sound early alarms regarding potential new strains of illness.
3. No one outside of China is going to believe the US Army unleashed the virus on China. The Chinese government always does this. Tian an Men protests were a CIA plot. KFC has genetically altered chickens producing 8 drumsticks. They have an extremely ticked off populace right now and need to push the blame somewhere else.
You dispute it, and then proceed to agree with me on it?
AunBear89
The Spanish Flu likely started in Kansas at a US Army base. Infected soldiers carried it to the European theater and it spread like wildfire. It was called the Spanish Flu because Spain, not involved in the war at the time, allowed the press to report on the flu. The US, Britain, and others involved in the war, wouldn't allow the press to report on it for fear of tipping their hand as the war progressed.

So, OP and his arse licking buddies, are stone cold morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearlyCareAnymore
GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

Yes it's called the Chinese Virus. Not Coronavirus. Not COVID-19. Chinese Virus. Why can't we call it Chinese Virus? Racism? Please.
What difference does it make what we call it? Can't we make better use of our time and energy than to argue about this?
It's important at times like this to assign blame so everyone knows who to blame: China.

For the record, I thought the above emboldened post was pretty funny. A statesman calling it the Chinese Virus is not... at all.
PC ideology requires inferences like yours...what a time to play PC police. It is in fact a virus and pandemic originating in China. Just facts.

Another fact: started at a "wet market" -- a PC term for an abhorrent an unsanitary animal carcass mill. PC ideologues will undoubtedly avoid at all costs criticizing this practice and its part in China's culture of barbarism and lack of sanitation...nevermind that humans next to them are dying as a result.
1. The second statement is not a fact. That is a hypothesis with very little supporting evidence.
2. China's practices of selling animals of all varieties is abhorrent, unhealthy, and harms the environment. It should be stopped for many reasons including its potential for breeding new strains of illness. Hopefully, if something good comes of this, it will be that the Chinese government will realize that the Western world will dramatically reduce its business contacts with them if they continue these practices and if they continue the practice of shutting up doctors who sound early alarms regarding potential new strains of illness.
3. No one outside of China is going to believe the US Army unleashed the virus on China. The Chinese government always does this. Tian an Men protests were a CIA plot. KFC has genetically altered chickens producing 8 drumsticks. They have an extremely ticked off populace right now and need to push the blame somewhere else.
I agree with you that so called "wet markets" and a lot of what I find offensive practices in such places need to be shut down. There is no evidence that the virus started in a wet market. That is pure speculation. They are never going to know that. They do create circumstances that risk creating such a virus, but the virus could have been created many different ways.
AunBear89
GBear4Life said:

To appease the PC police, how about brand it the new "Yellow Fever" ?

Here's an idea, spanky: let's use the name it already has. Why is that so hard for RWNJ Nimrods?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
I will reiterate: this thread is a deliberate troll attempt. Stop giving it oxygen.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

I will reiterate: this thread is a deliberate troll attempt. Stop giving it oxygen.
sycasey
Those of you who wish to participate in the trolling may remain and post to your heart's content. I advise everyone else to leave this thread alone.
Big C
sycasey said:

Those of you who wish to participate in the trolling may remain and post to your heart's content. I advise everyone else to leave this thread alone.

Yeah, I kind of can't believe people are laughing about this situation, especially when they could be using that time to do something productive, like building more ventilators.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

Post again...Maybe 4th time will be a charm
BearNIt
hanky1 said:

What about the Black Death? Why no one complaining about that? Did black people start that? No. Is the lack of outrage because racism against blacks?

Have the people who are outraged in this thread because of Chinese Virus...are they also outraged by the Black Death term? Where's the outrage? Maybe there's none because you're racist? I don't know.
You really need a hobby.
hanky1
hanky1
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

You really need a hobby.

Things have been slow at the hanky1 household. That's what happens when you have to work from home.
bearister
Thanks to a holes like you, China will get the last laugh. They provide a lot of drugs and other medical equipment to America because our Big Corporations outsourced the jobs so they could attain immoral profit levels after laying off American workers. tRump insulting China is as smart as you insulting your waiter at the steakhouse who then swipes his dong over your $60 New York before he serves it. China can adulterate those goods just as easy. How about a little COVID 19 in your meds?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
hanky1 said:

The problem is Trump followers really are dumb, as you should know.

And he has the power to change opinions simply by changing his tune, as you should know.

But he's waging this "Chinese virus" fight to distract from his own incompetence, as you should know.

hanky1
GBear4Life said:

hanky1 said:

You're on a roll!

I'm just using the same logic that people use to scream 'racism' at everything to logically show that they are also racist.

It's very easy. Playing this race game is very easy. Liberals do it. Conservatives do it. But liberals do it a lot more than conservatives.

hanky1
OdontoBear66
BearForce2 said:

IMO, there's hate behind calling it the Chinese virus versus the Wuhan virus which is different because the latter refers to the specific point of origination. In general, I don't place blame on the Chinese people but I blame their government.

How about if it identifies a geographical area of origin and has no intent of malice to Chinese people anywhere. Just a fact. I just tire so much of the PC crap. When I think of it as a China originated, or actually Wuhan originated virus, it has zero to do with the PC police are trying to protect. Geographical distinctions have been used for years to give nomenclature to events. Chill PC police. Chill. And actually it is so unimportant that I actually prefer to refer to it as COVID 19 or the coronavirus, but when panties get in a wad over PC stuff it must be righted.
hanky1
Cal88
OaktownBear said:

GBear4Life said:

OaktownBear said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

I agree with you that so called "wet markets" and a lot of what I find offensive practices in such places need to be shut down. There is no evidence that the virus started in a wet market. That is pure speculation. They are never going to know that. They do create circumstances that risk creating such a virus, but the virus could have been created many different ways.

True.

According to epidemiologists like Georgetown's Daniel Lucey, the Wuhan wet market is not the source of the outbreak:

Quote:

the virus possibly spread silently between people in Wuhanand perhaps elsewherebefore the cluster of cases from the city's now-infamous Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market was discovered in late December. "The virus came into that marketplace before it came out of that marketplace," Lucey asserts.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/wuhan-seafood-market-may-not-be-source-novel-virus-spreading-globally
bearister
OdontoBear66 said:

BearForce2 said:

IMO, there's hate behind calling it the Chinese virus versus the Wuhan virus which is different because the latter refers to the specific point of origination. In general, I don't place blame on the Chinese people but I blame their government.

How about if it identifies a geographical area of origin and has no intent of malice to Chinese people anywhere. Just a fact. I just tire so much of the PC crap. When I think of it as a China originated, or actually Wuhan originated virus, it has zero to do with the PC police are trying to protect. Geographical distinctions have been used for years to give nomenclature to events. Chill PC police. Chill. And actually it is so unimportant that I actually prefer to refer to it as COVID 19 or the coronavirus, but when panties get in a wad over PC stuff it must be righted.

1968 flu pandemic - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_flu_pandemic
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_flu_pandemic

My family caught this on a Christmas vacation in 1968 right after seeing the movie Bullitt. We were so sick we had to stay in our hotel another 7 days.

Cal88
I saw Bullit at a movie theater in the 1970s, I didn't get the flu from watching it.

I did get very severe flu symptoms after watching The Mirror Has Two Faces on a date in the 1990s, symptoms included a throbbing headache, nausea and body aches.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

Thanks to a holes like you, China will get the last laugh. They provide a lot of drugs and other medical equipment to America because our Big Corporations outsourced the jobs so they could attain immoral profit levels after laying off American workers. tRump insulting China is as smart as you insulting your waiter at the steakhouse who then swipes his dong over your $60 New York before he serves it. China can adulterate those goods just as easy. How about a little COVID 19 in your meds?
You've lost your mind
smh
Cal88 said:

> I saw Bullit at a movie theater in the 1970s, I didn't get the flu from watching it.

> The Mirror Has Two Faces
generously voted snooze Mirror2Face a 4 of 10 on imdb, w/o any surviving recollection of the plot.

but BullitT, now, here's a true story. the same year it came out (1968) my late cousin Dave pulled a very drunk Steve McQueen and his hot wheels out of deep sand near palm springs. in appreciation McQueen gifted his bottle opener, ever since passed in reverence from generation to generation.
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
Cal88
What was the punishment for DUI in 1969, a $5 ticket?

Yes indeed induced narcolepsy was another "Mirror has tow faces" symptom.
smh
Cal88 said:

What was the punishment for DUI in 1969, a $5 ticket?

Yes indeed induced narcolepsy was another "Mirror has two faces" symptom.
dunno, but too often the price was sudden death to the other guy(s).
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
Yogi17
Cave Bear said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

The Chinese didn't attack the world with this disease, they were its first victims.
That's all part of the genius of their plan. Who would ever suspect them after that?

3-D Chess.
Yogi17
ducky23 said:

Usually I just ignore hanky's posts, as he's even admitted himself that he just likes trolling to amuse himself.

But at some point, you gotta ask yourself if this is really the right time to be trolling just for ones own amusement.
People got to keep themselves amused during isolation
Yogi17
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yeah, I kind of can't believe people are laughing about this situation, especially when they could be using that time to do something productive, like building more ventilators.
My ventilators are not the best ventilators
Anarchistbear
The politicization of failures now predictably falls on party lines

Republicans- China is a threat to national security

Democrats- Russia is a threat to national security.

When in doubt, fear mongering and neo McCarthyism to hide your failures.
bearister
smh said:

Cal88 said:

> I saw Bullit at a movie theater in the 1970s, I didn't get the flu from watching it.

> The Mirror Has Two Faces
generously voted snooze Mirror2Face a 4 of 10 on imdb, w/o any surviving recollection of the plot.

but BullitT, now, here's a true story. the same year it came out (1968) my late cousin Dave pulled a very drunk Steve McQueen and his hot wheels out of deep sand near palm springs. in appreciation McQueen gifted his bottle opener, ever since passed in reverence from generation to generation.

This is a weak sauce film but the Canadian former boxer that portrays McQueen pulls of an A+ impression. Tarantino should have cast him in that role in OUATIH instead of Damian Lewis.

BearlyCareAnymore
Professor David Romer said:

ducky23 said:

Usually I just ignore hanky's posts, as he's even admitted himself that he just likes trolling to amuse himself.

But at some point, you gotta ask yourself if this is really the right time to be trolling just for ones own amusement.
People got to keep themselves amused during isolation
I think it is a great time to be trolling for one's own amusement. This is a terrible subject to be trolling for one's own amusement.
hanky1
China expels American journalist from leading newspapers like the Post and NYT. Why? Because they're trying to hide cases of Chinese Virus.

China claiming there are no more new cases in China. But!shiet. If that's the case, let the journalist in to verify. They will claim no new cases and then use that to attack America and our 'inferior' response system. They will use it to claim superiority.

Liberals will eat it up like chocolate candy and use it to attack the country they hate.
BearlyCareAnymore
OdontoBear66 said:

BearForce2 said:

Let me bottom line this. Everybody calls this the coronavirus. Everybody has called it that for 2 months. It is the established name for the virus. When somebody then comes out and starts calling it the Chinese virus, there is a reason they are doing that. If tomorrow someone started calling facial tissues paper snot receptors instead of Kleenex, you'd wonder why they are doing that. Yes, Geographical distinctions have been used for years, but they weren't used in this case. If it had been called the Wuhan Flu from the beginning and that was the established nomenclature, no one would think about it. If you don't think there is a political reason to refer to a virus that has been clearly established as "Coronavirus" or "Covid-19" by a geographical name at this point you are being naive.

That has nothing to do with whether you think of it as originated in China. We all know that.

And, by the way, there were Asians attacked in various cities in the US early on because of stupid people blaming them for the coronavirus.
hanky1
I am half Asian.

I have a group text chat with my Asian side of the family.

WE ALL CALL IT CHINESE VIRUS!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.