Meanwhile in capital hill

107,314 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
heartofthebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

heartofthebear said:

Looking back on our history, I get the feeling that, with regard to our 2 most historic wars (the revolutionary war and the civil war), some folks in this country want a rematch. I guess they feel that the wrong side won. I shudder to think what the last 200+ years would have looked like had one of the other sides won. So I'm not sure what the motivation is. But crazy is as crazy does.
If the other side won, Democrats would still own slaves...shudder.

LOL, you are so easily confused or, more accurately, you act confused when it suits you. The ideology of the current Democrats is more similar to the folks that called themselves Republicans in those days and vice versa. It is a strange but true part of our history. But I'm sure you knew that already.
dajo9
American Vermin
BearChemist
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

heartofthebear said:

Looking back on our history, I get the feeling that, with regard to our 2 most historic wars (the revolutionary war and the civil war), some folks in this country want a rematch. I guess they feel that the wrong side won. I shudder to think what the last 200+ years would have looked like had one of the other sides won. So I'm not sure what the motivation is. But crazy is as crazy does.
If the other side won, Democrats would still own slaves...shudder.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Wait until he posts again.
okaydo
https://indica.medium.com/i-lived-through-a-coup-america-is-having-one-now-437934b1dac3

dajo9
American Vermin
dajo9
More systemic racism on display
American Vermin
okaydo
dajo9
I see that Mick Mulvaney and others have resigned. I'll note they were with Trump up until AFTER the coup FAILED.
American Vermin
okaydo

concordtom
dajo9 said:

That is a very ugly image.
okaydo

concordtom
This is a good speech.
But where the hell was this WEEKS OR MONTHS AGO???????

They are all complicit.
It's like Mick Mulvaney resigning. NOW? Come on, man.
The stain doesn't wash clean.

okaydo

okaydo

concordtom
This man may never be allowed to lead the US

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE3L6sU0AA_OsS?format=jpg
concordtom
concordtom
Here is Trump Jr's speech yesterday where he said "We're coming for you."
I'm listening for whatever things he said that would have emotionally primed the mob for storming the Capitol.

concordtom
Here is Rudy's speech where he said "Trial by combat".

concordtom
4 hour feed of yesterday's Trump Rally turned Capitol storming.

BearChemist
$1025 for a printed picture, can't you at least throw in a copy of Donald Jr.'s new books? Those are growing mold in RNC basement anyways.

concordtom
Person on FoxNews right now suggests that Trump should invite Biden over to the White House as a display of the "peaceful transition of power" which has been much discussed.

What a concept!
concordtom
I should go on the internet, grab some photos, and try to sell them as prints.

That's a good joke.
B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt
BearNIt said:

golden sloth said:

After being tied up with work for most of the day. It seems as though:

1. Trump provoked the crowd and told them to go to the Capitol building.
2. The crowd turned into a mob, and with surprising ease got entry to the building.
3. They wandered around trashing the place for a while (I'm curious to know how the deaths happened).
4. Other states had mobs attempt to storm their buildings.
5. Law Enforcement came and cleared the Capitol.
6. Biden was certified.

Thoughts:
1. If the goal was a coup, there were sporadic outbreaks nationally, but nothing serious ever got close to materializing.
2. Those in charge of Security at the Capitol & for the protest need to explain why there was such little resistance.
3. I fully reject the idea this was antifa.
4. The comparisons to the BLM movement are dumb and should be disregarded.
5. The speculation of how the police would have responded if this was a BLM protest is dumb and should be disregarded.
6. Minus a few Trumpers, nothing really changed.
7. The 25th amendment invoking is not going to happen, and security needs to be prepared at the inauguration.

Additional Thoughts Based on Watching Too Many Movies:
1. This would be great cover if someone wanted to infiltrate and destroy or steal key documents from the Capitol building. Potentially damning or sensitive documents.
2. This is great cover for some Republican congressmen to have an inflection point and now distance themselves from Trump.

Final Thought:
1. Trump may be a man without a country, but he has a nation, and Trump nation ain't leaving.
Comparison in the response to BLM vs. Trump Terrorists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/blm-vs-capitol-protests-this-was-the-police-response-when-it-was-black-protesters-on-dc-streets-last-year/ar-BB1cxFjA?ocid=hplocalnews

A further discussion of the treatment of BLM protestors and the Trump Terrorists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/whats-happening-is-white-privilege-kid-glove-treatment-of-pro-trump-mob-stirs-anger/ar-BB1cyDwa?li=BBnb7Kz
B.A. Bearacus
Facebook bans Trump for at least the next two weeks. Statement from Zuckerberg:

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Might be harder for BF2 and MSB to buy a hat today.

going4roses
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

That is a very ugly image.

Ugly for some (mostly without power)but to those that objected earlier this morning in both the senate and house and those that listen to trump or follow Fox News/oan/ parlor and the like. Plus Every single body on the capital yesterday. They love this image and believe this image is just fine as apple pie.

And are willing to die to keep this image as a reality. And see nothing wrong

Those Pennsylvania reps I saw object kept saying Philadelphia!!!!! None of them represent philly !!! ***

American has so much internal work to do. But based yesterday and early this morning ...
concordtom
dajo9 said:

I see that Mick Mulvaney and others have resigned. I'll note they were with Trump up until AFTER the coup FAILED.
Of course.
But one TV commentator pointed out that it's merely a ploy to try and rinse the stain, and this stain will not rinse in the historical record.
BearNIt
The I.Q. of the Trump Terrorist cannot be high as evidenced by their posting of pictures of themselves on the Senate or House floors, in the offices of individual congress members, and the interviews that they gave to media while committing crimes. The aforementioned will be used by the federal authorities to match the names to the faces and then be charged with federal crimes. It looks like Social Media sucked the intelligence out of these idiots.
socaliganbear
In the beginning and in the end, Trump was all of the things conservative boomers hated about liberal millennials. Entitled, whiny, victim playing, and social media obsessed, in search of the ultimate participation trophy.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Might be harder for BF2 and MSB to buy a hat today.

Love this.
Had to take a picture of it with my phone because your add was essential.
BearlyCareAnymore
socaliganbear said:

In the beginning and in the end, Trump was all of the things conservative boomers hated about liberal millennials. Entitled, whiny, victim playing, and social media obsessed, in search of the ultimate participation trophy.
except they were actually those things because as usual conservatives project their most hated traits onto others
BearlyCareAnymore
BearNIt said:

The I.Q. of the Trump Terrorist cannot be high as evidenced by their posting of pictures of themselves on the Senate or House floors, in the offices of individual congress members, and the interviews that they gave to media while committing crimes. The aforementioned will be used by the federal authorities to match the names to the faces and then be charged with federal crimes. It looks like Social Media sucked the intelligence out of these idiots.
That is not an IQ issue.

The cop who killed George Floyd kneeled on his neck for 8 minutes in a crowd of witnesses who were filming him and it never occurred to him that he might get in trouble. Not because he is stupid. Because people like him never get in trouble.

The Trump terrorists did those things because it doesn't occur to them that they will get in trouble. Why should it? They never have. The fact that they were treated with such kid gloves and were allowed to breach the Capitol without at minimum having a lot of busted heads, tear gas, and at maximum having to face gunfire when they threatened our elected leaders tells you what you need to know. The fact that they are not in jail already, arrested at the scene tells you what you need to know. They didn't expect to get in trouble because they don't get in trouble. Basically law enforcement had to fail, go home, watch the news, realize it went too far, realize people were angry, think about it for a while, and then say - maybe we should do something about this and arrest some people.

Yes, the terrorists probably (hopefully) read this particular incident wrong because they finally went so far that there may be consequences. But their behavior is the result of reading every situation right in the past and having no consequences.

When you have film of a guy killing protestors in Kenosha and jogging passed police with a gun while people yell to stop him and the police do nothing and authorities have to think about it for a day before they think maybe they should do something, what do you think these people about consequences? How do you argue they are wrong?

Liberals and minorities get arrested ahead of time because they might break a window. Conservatives occasionally get arrested after the fact if they commit murder or terrorism. Occasionally.

Their behavior has everything to do with the expectation that has been set by society.
OBear073akaSMFan
Joe scarborough drops f bomb and calls for arrest of the moron!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.