Meanwhile in capital hill

103,808 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

I'm pretty sure his dad was the lead singer for Canned Heat:
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo
bearister
going4roses said:

bearister said:

That's the rub are 70-80 million going to snap out of it ? No

The estimate I saw was 15 million hard core militia types.
sycasey
okaydo said:

Interesting! McConnell has no real principles or loyalty; he will do whatever it takes to maintain or improve his standing. He's also not dumb, and there's a very good argument now that Trump is a drag on the Republican Party (especially in the Senate, where you have to win statewide races), not a benefit. This thing might actually happen.
Sebastabear
From the Chicago Tribune. Pretty much sums up the mindset of the entitled numbnuts who attempt to violently overthrow the government and are outraged that people aren't ok with that.
Quote:

Column: I took part in a pro-Trump attack on the US Capitol and now I have to face consequences? That's tyranny!
By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
JAN 12, 2021 AT 5:00 AM

Hello, I am a patriotic supporter of President Donald Trump who broke into the U.S. Capitol and attacked police officers because I believed the election was stolen and it was my duty to overthrow the government using only a flagpole I picked up along the way and the horns on the cool viking helmet I wore.

I am now being told I have lost my job and might go to prison. This is an absurd, Orwellian trampling of my First Amendment rights, according to a person I follow on Twitter.

What kind of country are we if an outstanding citizen like myself can be fired, arrested and charged with domestic terrorism just because I livestreamed myself joining hundreds of other freedom fighters in attempting to crush a screaming law enforcement officer before defecating in the offices of Democratic lawmakers?

As the CEO of a small company, my rights have been constantly trampled by leftists and I have had to endure unspeakable horrors like using LED lightbulbs and having my Facebook account shut down because I kept using it to threaten a violent uprising against my own country. And now, just because I destroyed federal property, put the lives of members of Congress at risk and engaged in an attack that led to the death of a police officer, I'm the one who has to face consequences?!?

That seems both unfair and tyrannical. I have never once had to face consequences before, so clearly there's a problem.

Fortunately, I have a highly paid lawyer on retainer who joined me in Washington, D.C., and he will be representing me in this matter as soon as he posts bail on charges of domestic terrorism and fights back at the employer who fired him.

And now, I turn the microphone over to a Republican lawmaker from my district.

Hello, I am a Congressional Republican who loudly repeated President Donald Trump's claims that the 2020 presidential election was "rigged" and "stolen." I also egged on the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol.

It is tragic that large corporate donors like Hallmark, American Express and Marriott are saying they will no longer give me money and that my colleagues in the Democratic Party are attempting to have me removed from office because I committed an innocent act of sedition and may have incited people to attempt a violent disruption of government activity.

Clearly this is an attempt to silence me, and no, I do not believe it's ironic that I'm saying that in front of a large bank of television cameras.

What we need right now in this country is unity. Clearly, the only way to achieve unity is for Democrats and all others disturbed by the domestic terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol to immediately stop trying to blame those responsible for the attack and to not hold them accountable in any way.

Did the FBI issue an internal bulletin Monday warning of plans for armed protests in all 50 state capitals and in Washington in the days before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated? Yes, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with the prior deadly insurrection I may or may not have incited.

What I do know is this: To bring Americans together, we should all be laser focused on the fact that I have lost 20,000 Twitter followers in the past day, a clear act of censorship that certainly has no connection to the social media company's decision to purge white supremacists, violent conspiracy theorists and other users propagating dangerous disinformation.

And now I'll hand things over to a right-wing radio talk show host.

Hi there, I'm a conservative radio host and I'm deeply troubled that I might get fired if I continue to say the presidential election was rigged or do anything to inspire heavily armed citizens to lash out violently at our government.

Though I've been doing all of that nonstop for the past several months, I learned Monday that my company "will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable 'paths.'" Anyone who suggests otherwise "can expect to separate from the company immediately."

This is clearly unconstitutional, as the Founding Fathers firmly believed private broadcasting companies must let their employees say whatever they want, no matter how baseless, inflammatory or anti-democratic it might be.

Frankly, I don't want to live in a country where the company paying me an enormous amount of money can fire me simply because I say something like: "I'm telling you, folks, they ARE STEALING YOUR COUNTRY OUT FROM UNDER YOU AND IF YOU DON'T STAND UP, RIGHT NOW AND TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT, THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO COME AND STEAL YOUR CHILDREN AND ENSLAVE THEM AND THEN BOIL YOU AND SERVE YOU TO YOUR ENSLAVED CHILDREN!!!!"

As the others here today have already made clear, actions that lead to violence, death and an attempted coup must NOT be met with consequences. Rather, they should be met with appeasement and an admission that everything was actually the fault of liberals.

Anything less is an outrage, a trampling of our First Amendment rights, censorship, tyranny and an attempt to destroy America, which, quite frankly, is our job.

We will now refuse to take questions.

rhuppke@chicagotribune.com
bearister
The perfect retirement compound for the tRump Crime Family? Erik Prince can surround it 24/7 with 500 Academi mercs. As ticked off Iranians and teams of Russian oligarch hit squads flood in, tRump and tRump Lite can go out Tony Montana style.

The World's Largestand America's PriciestHome Is Ready for Its Close-up | Architectural Digest

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/the-worlds-largest-and-priciest-home-is-ready-for-its-close-up

sycasey
going4roses
bearister said:

going4roses said:

bearister said:

I was going with voters for trump and if they sympathize ...

going4roses
going4roses said:

bearister said:

going4roses said:

bearister said:

I was going with voters for trump and if they sympathize ...

I was going with the 70 million that voted for him and their sympathizers

GoOskie
Sebastabear said:

From the Chicago Tribune. Pretty much sums up the mindset of the entitled numbnuts who attempt to violently overthrow the government and are outraged that people aren't ok with that.
Quote:

Column: I took part in a pro-Trump attack on the US Capitol and now I have to face consequences? That's tyranny!
By REX HUPPKE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |

One of the talk show hosts on KMJ Fresno radio station is suspended for saying politicians should be tar and feathered. I love all of these after Christmas presents!
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
okaydo
From a Cal alum NBC News reporter:

okaydo

Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

From a Cal alum NBC News reporter:

That's all very cute Okaydo, but calbear93 has already made it quite clear that there are numerous errors in that report. First - there are statements that certain acts are "impeachable" which calbear93 has definitely proven to be uneducated hyperbole. The constitution doesn't provide any standards for impeachment so something can only be determined to have been impeachable after the house has impeached for said action. Similarly, misconduct is only sufficient for conviction by the senate if the senate says it's sufficient misconduct. Any statement to the controversy would be foolhardy. The house judiciary committee should have reduced that 76 pager to 1 page and said "we think he should be impeached and we hope the senate thinks he should be convicted." As calbear93 has said, there is no point in pretending otherwise.

Oh - and impeachment is totally not a sham.
B.A. Bearacus
No one on BI would argue against this title for Pence.

calpoly
B.A. Bearacus said:

No one on BI would argue against this title for Pence.

Interesting that Pence finally has a spine when tRump will no longer be in power. Typical republicon.
okaydo
Go Bears!

bearister
I prefer Meow Meow. Did tRump grab him?

*Does tRump have 8 x 10 glossies of Lindsey Graham In flagrante delicto because something compelling got him on that plane.
okaydo
BearForce2
They need horn detectors.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
smh
grab from linked Beast story
> House members will now also be fined for not wearing masks. Multiple lawmakers tested positive for COVID-19 after being forced to shelter together during the insurrection.
okaydo

smh
okaydo said:

twitter.com/asharangappa_/status/1349202353153568771?s=21
asha rangappa pbs video (7mins)..
https://grabien.com/file.php?id=588781
bearister
There are going to be more than a few defendants willing to cooperate in order to dodge a two dime stretch in the penitentiary. There will be cops, active military, government officials and Administration officials going down.
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJcAnA54/

#Facts
dimitrig
okaydo said:

Why didn't these exist to begin with?

dajo9
okaydo said:

Sherrill is my representative. In 2016 a Republican won his 12th term in our district by 20 points - considered at the time a safe red district. The #resistance got to work before Trump was even inaugurated challenging our Republican representative and looking for alternatives. The Republican chose not to run again and Sherrill won in 2018 by 14 points. She is not a liberal. A liberal couldn't win in my district. But she is a good Democrat and well worth the effort of the #resistance.
American Vermin
okaydo
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo
WalterSobchak
okaydo said:

Are people starting to get the picture why leniency is not a option?
There are traitors EMBEDDED within our military and highest units of law enforcement.
These people will never give up. They will never change.
They have waited 150 years for last Wed.
They will wait 150 more if we don't eradicate them.
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
going4roses
WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

Are people starting to get the picture why leniency is not a option?
There are traitors EMBEDDED within our military and highest units of law enforcement.
These people will never give up. They will never change.
They have waited 150 years for last Wed.
They will wait 150 more if we don't eradicate them.

Some of us have been saying this for a long long time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.