The Aaron Rodgers Positivity Thread Challenge

52,153 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cal88
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank God for President Trump and his Operation Warp Speed that got us the vaccine.

May God bless Donald Trump!

Operation Warp Speed - Wikipedia
TheFiatLux
DiabloWags said:

TheFiatLux said:

Why more people aren't more angry about this leaves me doubting our future. It's too late to stop what happened, but not too early to stop it from ever happening again. To do that, people need to come to terms with the role they played. And, I think, have the humanity to show contrition.

I feel the same way about Jan. 6th.

And it's not too early to stop it from ever happening again.

This attempted misdirect to keep from addressing the canard of what know (many had known) about Covid, and the rise and acceptance of totalitarianism as a byproduct, is just what I am talking about.

You will NOT question lockdowns you selfish person
You will NOT say anything about the Lab in Wuhan you racist
You will NOT question the integrity of Fauci you science denier
You will NOT question the efficacy of vaccines you anti-vaccine idiot
You will NOT question closing schools, you potential child murderer
You will NOT question mask wearing you will just WEAR them and do as your told
You will NOT question the government's role in censoring dissenting opinons

Now that's it's impossible to deny what happened we'll just keep trying to change the subject. But more and more people are on to it.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Thank God for President Trump and his Operation Warp Speed that got us the vaccine.

We needed to cut corners and get a vaccine right away. Unfortunately, Biden continued to lie to the people and encourage Big Pharma to do so even once it became the less lethal and highly contagious Omicron.
TheFiatLux
oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Rodgers is wrongly attacked by a reporter tweeting a WSJ article wrongly attacking Rodgers.

Bahktari and Rodgers go after the reporter, instead of the author of the WSJ article and other liberal media wrongly attacking Rodgers. The reporter also wrote about misconduct from a buddy of Rodgers a little while back.

In turn, anti-vax folks threaten the reporter. Reporter wonders why she was singled out. Does that sum it up? What ended up happening to her?

Wait, you think the Wall Street Journal, before but especially since it was bought by Rupert Murdock in 2007, is "liberal media"?

Liberal tweeters . WSJ just shills for Big Pharma.

Except liberals are generally not fans of Big Pharma. That is very different than understanding science, the efficacy of vaccines, face masks and quarantines and the desirability of using them to save lives. :-)

When Biden got behind the vaccines, liberals followed. Obviously, Big Pharma is also behind the vaccines as Pfizer made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The enemy (Big Pharma) of your enemy (Rodgers) is your friend. So, yes, the liberals are now fans of Big Pharma. We aren't having a conversation about vaccine efficacy right now, except to say that professional athletes playing outdoors shouldn't have been forced or strongly pressured to get covid vaccines.

Biden is not a liberal. He is about as centerist as you can get.

Sure theoretically football players probably don't need to care about spreading a virus and infecting others while playing, but they are also in locker rooms before and after and they need to ride on airplanes to get to the games.

Realistically (not theoretically), a football player who had covid somewhat recently is no more at risk of spreading covid to others than a player vaccinated somewhat recently, yet the player who had covid was still forced or strongly pressured to get vaccinated. The broad, overreaching policy also kept Djokovic from playing in Indian Wells and the US Open twice. Hopefully, we can acknowledge how silly it is to vilify Djokovic for not getting vaccinated.

What I bolded, don't count on.

Djokovic is a hero. He stood up for his beliefs and accepted the consequences. I might add, beliefs that were correct. What he did takes real courage, he put his money and legacy where his mouth was. There can simply be no defending what happened to him this year at Indian Wells (or frankly at the US open last year).

Being denied entry this year into the US for the Indian Wells tourney is the height of absurdity.
calumnus
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

We needed to cut corners and get a vaccine right away. Unfortunately, Biden continued to lie to the people and encourage Big Pharma to do so even once it became the less lethal and highly contagious Omicron.

The vaccine was fast tracked and developed under Trump (which is the one thing I give him some credit for amid policies that lead to over 1 million American deaths prior to the vaccine's roll out) but continue on….
DiabloWags
calumnus said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

The vaccine was fast tracked and developed under Trump (which is the one thing I give him some credit for amid policies that lead to over 1 million American deaths prior to the vaccine's roll out) but continue on….
You are correct.

oski003
calumnus said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

. Your statement in no way disputes what I said. Thanks.
calumnus
oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Omicron is "less lethal" and more contagious but it is still lethal, moreover other variants were still circulating. It is not like there is a cut off switch, other than the initial mutation, the virus didn't "become" omicron. That is like people who ask "If we came from apes, why are there still apes?"

US vaccine travel mandates have generally been in line with the rest of the developed world. Now that populations are widely vaccinated and COVID-19 is tamed, most, including the US have lifted their mandates. If you made it to this point without losing any friends and family members, congratulations. I was not so lucky.
oski003
calumnus said:

oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Omicron is "less lethal" and more contagious but it is still lethal, moreover other variants were still circulating. It is not like there is a cut off switch, other than the initial mutation, the virus didn't "become" omicron. That is like people who ask "If we came from apes, why are there still apes?"

US vaccine travel mandates have generally been in line with the rest of the developed world. Now that populations are widely vaccinated and COVID-19 is tamed, most, including the US have lifted their mandates. If you made it to this point without losing any friends and family members, congratulations. I was not so lucky.

What COVID-19 variant are we on?

Currently, the dominant variant nationwide is XBB.1.5, with 39.9% of cases, followed by XBB.1.16, with 18.2% of cases, and XBB.1.9.1 with 12.5% of cases. "The original omicron variant is gone now," says Dr. Rupp. "Currently subvariants of omicron are circulating, including XBB.1.5, XBB.1.16 and XBB.1.9.1."

The original covid strain was virtually gone in the U.S. by June 2021. US travel mandates were stricter and lasted much longer than most of the rest of the developing world. I lost a few people from the first two strains, but they were older and overweight. We needed people vaccinated right away. We certainly didn't need to keep pushing needles in people's arms in 2022.
bearister
Aaron Rodgers is ripped and raring to go as he shows off his muscles

https://mol.im/a/12277905
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
calumnus
bearister said:

The Stanford Glove?
oski003
calumnus said:

bearister said:

The Stanford Glove?

More like the Edens Glove.
chazzed

okaydo
When I was a student at UC Berkeley in the late 90s, there was a film critic for the San Francisco Examiner named Wesley Morris.

I didn't know him, but his face was prominently featured in San Francisco Examiner advertisements, including on the sides of AC Transit buses. He was kind of rare: A black film critic who was in his early 20s.

Morris went on to prominence:

He became the film critic for the Boston Globe.

He guest co-hosted Siskel & Ebert after Gene Siskel died.

He wrote for ESPN's Grantland and did podcast conversations with Bill Simmons.

In 2012, he won the Pulitzer Prize for Criticism.

In 2015, he joined The New York Times as critic at large.

In 2021, he won the Pulitzer for criticism.

Today, he's writing about the cultural implications of this dude joining the Jets.

chazzed

DiabloWags
Rodgers dubs Travis Kelce as MR. PFIZER.

Guess AR doesnt know who his employer is that owns the Jets.

Quote:

"I thought it was pretty good. With this 'stache, I look like a guy named Mr. Pfizer. Who knew I would get into the vax wars with Aaron Rodgers, man. It's Mr. Pfizer versus the Johnson and Johnson family over there.
Quote:

"I got [the vaccine] because of keeping myself safe, my family safe, the people in this building, so yeah, I stand by it. 1000 percent. Fully comfortable with him calling me Mr. Pfizer."

Travis Kelce says Taylor Swift won't impact football focus, responds to Aaron Rodgers' 'Mr. Pfizer' dig (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
okaydo
MinotStateBeav
Turns out after week 1, Jordan Love is not Aaron Rodgers. Hahaha Packers fans are roasting this dude now. They realized how hard Rodgers carried Lafleur and the Packers org. Aaron's ability to read the defenses and work the sidelines apparently was really good and very difficult for others to recreate. Whodathunkit.
okaydo
calpoly
MinotStateBeav said:

Turns out after week 1, Jordan Love is not Aaron Rodgers. Hahaha Packers fans are roasting this dude now. They realized how hard Rodgers carried Lafleur and the Packers org. Aaron's ability to read the defenses and work the sidelines apparently was really good and very difficult for others to recreate. Whodathunkit.
Well is certainly sitting on the sidelines for the jets.
okaydo

philbert
Not directly AR related, but still...

okaydo
philbert said:

Not directly AR related, but still...

Yes, it has nothing to do with Rodgers except for Tim Boyle being on the Jets only because Rodgers considers him like a brother.
socaliganbear
Brother?
okaydo
socaliganbear said:

Brother?

oski003
Boyle made his first NFL QB start for the Lions, backing up Goff. This start had little to do with Aaron Rodgers.

Boyle stepped in for his first career start and went through some struggles. In three total starts, Boyle completed 61-of-94 passes for 526 yards, three touchdowns and six interceptions.

They resigned him for 2 million for 2022 before the Jets signed him for 2023.
okaydo
oski003 said:

Boyle made his first NFL QB start for the Lions, backing up Goff. This start had little to do with Aaron Rodgers.

Boyle stepped in for his first career start and went through some struggles. In three total starts, Boyle completed 61-of-94 passes for 526 yards, three touchdowns and six interceptions.

They resigned him for 2 million for 2022 before the Jets signed him for 2023.

How does a QB who only threw 1 TD pass in his entire college career end up sticking around in the NFL as a QB?

I mean, there are so many college QBs. The NFL should have the pick of the litter. And they end up getting the guy with 1 TD pass and 13 interceptions!?!?!!

Well, it's thanks to Aaron Rodgers and Nathaniel Hackett.

And once you have the experience of being a No. 2 backup, especially to a hall of fame QB, especially during one of their MVP seasons, it makes you sexier than you otherwise would be.

So the point is if Rodgers didn't get on with Boyle like a brother, he wouldn't have an NFL career. He wouldn't have been with the Lions. He wouldn't be on the Jets.

wc22
Yes, Tim Boyle has gotten on 3 different NFL rosters because time is a flat circle and Aaron Rodgers. It makes perfect sense.
oski003
wc22 said:

Yes, Tim Boyle has gotten on 3 different NFL rosters because time is a flat circle and Aaron Rodgers. It makes perfect sense.

How come Okaydo excludes Boyle's senior season? It wasn't great, but it was much better than his previous three. Does he have an axe to grind with Rodgers?
philbert
I would say that most teams don't really have a 3rd QB on the roster. That guy is usually a practice squad QB/developmental QB. Boyle started the season on the practice squad. Whether that's because he's pals with AR or was familiar with Hackett or both is up for debate. He only got signed to the roster because of AR's injury.

The real crime for the Jets is that they believed Zach Wilson was a legit #2 QB to Rodgers. They really should've went out and traded for another QB once AR was injured.
MinotStateBeav
Aaron on Pat McAfee today at the VERY end of the show (the part that is streamed on youtube and not on ESPN) he gives a huge shoutout to Cal and Justin Wilcox for beating UCLA and getting a bowl. Ode Besars.
okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

Aaron on Pat McAfee today at the VERY end of the show (the part that is streamed on youtube and not on ESPN) he gives a huge shoutout to Cal and Justin Wilcox for beating UCLA and getting a bowl. Ode Besars.

I love the color of Rodgers' hat.

MinotStateBeav
Read the comments in that twitter thread lol, Texas fans are so mad at the horns down lol.
okaydo
Congrats to the Rodgers family for finally sending a family member to the Rose Bowl game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.