The Aaron Rodgers Positivity Thread Challenge

52,207 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cal88
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Immunized, baby.
philly1121
That would have been a better look for A-a-ron than lying. lol
sycasey
philly1121 said:

Whats funny is that - Kimmel wasn't making fun of Rodgers for not taking the vaccine. He was making fun of him for lying about it. And he lied about it in a very pathetic way.
Yes, this was my argument about Rodgers from the start: it's less about him not taking the vaccine and more that he lied about it rather than just stand by his beliefs from the start.
GoCal80
GoCal80
https://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2024/01/03/jimmy-kimmel-threatens-lawsuit-aaron-rodgers-cnc-vpx.cnn
oski003
philly1121 said:

And it is on show once again with your post. "Mandated experimental government vaccine"

Let's deconstruct that shall we? Mandated. Yes for health care workers and schools. Also certain private sector companies and other groups that mandated it. There were opt outs. And if you didn't want to take it, well - we live in a free market right? Find another job.

Experimental. It was trialed. It was tested. It showed efficacy. Were there adverse effects? Yes. But they occurred in less than a tenth of a percent of the overall people that took it. Please don't rely on "poor Missy had a problem with her period so it must be bad" anecdotal evidence.

Government. True. Fully financed and supported by Trump Admin. You got me there.

Again - revisionist history with what Rodgers said. He wasn't criticized and ridiculed for not taking the vaccine. He was rightfully ridiculed because, by his own admission, he deliberately misled the public by saying he was "immunized". These are facts. He admitted to it on Joe Rogan.

And we should have sympathy for poor Aaron. If he even was honest with himself or his beliefs - he would have taken a stand and said "I'm not vaccinated. I'm allergic to ingredients in Moderna and Pfizer vax, and I'm electing not to take the J&J vaccine. But nope. He lied. And got rightfully ridiculed for it. No sympathy.

Rodgers lied about not taking the vaccine as there were severe consequences in his profession for not taking the vaccine. It is also funny how you think it is fair because folks can change jobs or industries or universities because of the mandate, and we should just accept that while Bourla has weekly meetings with Biden to discuss how to get more vaccine intake.
oski003
sycasey said:

philly1121 said:

Whats funny is that - Kimmel wasn't making fun of Rodgers for not taking the vaccine. He was making fun of him for lying about it. And he lied about it in a very pathetic way.
Yes, this was my argument about Rodgers from the start: it's less about him not taking the vaccine and more that he lied about it rather than just stand by his beliefs from the start.

I see. You would prefer him be an anti covid vaccine advocate instead of simply not wanting to take the experimental vaccine. Gotcha.
philly1121
Those same individuals who actually lost their jobs because they didn't take the vaccine - I have more respect for since they actually stood up for what they believed in - even if they were foolish to do so. Rodgers just up and lied to save his a**. He's a phony.
oski003
philly1121 said:

Those same individuals who actually lost their jobs because they didn't take the vaccine - I have more respect for since they actually stood up for what they believed in - even if they were foolish to do so. Rodgers just up and lied to save his a**. He's a phony.

I disagree. Taking the vaccine should have been a personal choice. He made a rational decision. I don't glorify him for this. I certainly don't bash him for it either. It is unfortunate so many folks here now bash him because of this.
bear2034
philly1121 said:

I have more respect for those individuals who stood up for what they believed in and are continually getting their boosters.
bear2034
philly1121 said:

That would have been a better look for A-a-ron than lying. lol

Aaron said he was immunized when asked if he was vaccinated.

"I've been taking monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, zinc, vitamin C, D, and HCQ [hydroxychloroquine],"
oski003
bear2034 said:

philly1121 said:

I have more respect for those individuals who stood up for what they believed in and are continually getting their boosters.

It is fine to respect folks for continuing to get boosted even though I do not agree with the risk reward for young healthy males. I got one covid booster and get my annual flu shot. I also take multi-vitamins and magnesium and zinc daily, as well as use sanitizer, wash my hands thoroughly, and change my clothes when entering my house (as well as take off my shoes). It is important to stay diligent in these times.
bear2034
Absolutely, I'm referring to those people who are experiencing multiple comorbidities.
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

So it seems Kimmel is the one who can dish it out and can't take it. Kimmel was a vaccine scold and absolutely went after Rodgers for his vaccine position and, in hindsight, Rodgers was more correct than Kimmel (in terms of the risk to Rodgers of not taking the vax)

Once again, you're confused.
Kimmel's problem with AR was that AR lied about his vaccine status.
Period.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
sycasey
philly1121 said:

And it didn't actually save his a** anyway. He still had to take the longer time away when he got COVID. That's how he got caught.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

philly1121 said:

I see. You would prefer him be an anti covid vaccine advocate instead of simply not wanting to take the experimental vaccine. Gotcha.

I mean, I think it would have been a better idea for him to just get vaccinated. But if he wouldn't, then yeah, just be honest about it from the start. Lying made it worse.
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

Kimmel protests too much. He has at least one close personal connection to Epstein, being a close friend of Adam Perry Lang, who lived in one of Kimmel's houses in LA, Lang was the personal chef of Epstein, lived and travelled with him for several years.

I lived on the same dorm floor as Dan Gordon.
But I've never drunk a pint of his beer.

I lived on the same dorm floor as Mike Williams.
But didn't think he was a very good AD.

I lived on the same dorm floor as Pete Cutino, Jr.
But I've never been an NCAA Champ.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
philly1121
oski003 said:

philly1121 said:

I disagree. Taking the vaccine should have been a personal choice. He made a rational decision. I don't glorify him for this. I certainly don't bash him for it either. It is unfortunate so many folks here now bash him because of this.
There was nothing rational about it. or maybe there was. thats even more sinister. That's what happens when people get caught in a lie. They get roasted. When you're a public figure or celebrity - you're open for it. On this forum or any other. Why is it unfortunate? The more I read about this guy, the more I consider him a couple cans short of a six pack. Deadspin did a nice little slide show on some of his more outspoken "critical thinking sessions". lol oh - I didn't know he was anti-sunscreen too.

https://deadspin.com/weirdest-things-aaron-rodgers-has-ever-done-nfl-packers-1850095117
BearGoggles
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Kimmel took to X/Twitter to dismiss Rodgers' claim about his connection to Epstein, writing,

"Dear A*******: for the record, I've not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can't seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."

All Rodgers said was, "There's a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that (list) doesn't come out.".

So what else is this supposed to mean?

You really think that is enough for a public figure to win a slander lawsuit?
Not my question. What else do you think Rodgers could possibly mean when he says that?

In a comedic sports talk show, he implied that Kimmel or someone close to Kimmel is on the list. Thanks.
Agreed. Or that Kimmel, as part of the self appointed Hollywood intelligentsia, was afraid people in his tribe would be be on the list or embarrassed by its release. Which they are.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Kimmel took to X/Twitter to dismiss Rodgers' claim about his connection to Epstein, writing,

"Dear A*******: for the record, I've not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can't seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."

All Rodgers said was, "There's a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that (list) doesn't come out.".

Not my question. What else do you think Rodgers could possibly mean when he says that?

In a comedic sports talk show, he implied that Kimmel or someone close to Kimmel is on the list. Thanks.
Agreed. Or that Kimmel, as part of the self appointed Hollywood intelligentsia, was afraid people in his tribe would be be on the list or embarrassed by its release. Which they are.
I don't think Jimmy Kimmel has ever appointed himself as part of the "intelligentsia."
bear2034
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

philly1121 said:

I mean, I think it would have been a better idea for him to just get vaccinated. But if he wouldn't, then yeah, just be honest about it from the start. Lying made it worse.

Not for Aaron Rodgers. At the end of the day, his blood is still free from Pfizer's experimental drug.
BearGoggles
philly1121 said:

And here we see how, yet again, politics can derail and obfuscate what would otherwise be a straightforward argument about vaccine utility and the clear as day implication and insinuration by Rodgers that Kimmel is somehow connected to Jeffrey Epstein.

So, the insults start about comedic merit of Kimmel. Of course. And then the type of comedy that apparently relies on half truths. How? Completely ignoring Rodgers' own penchant for reliance on outlandish theories on health, politics or other social topic.

As another poster wrote, Rodgers passes himself off as some pseudo intellectual who seems to have knowledge about a number of topics - of which he then spouts off about, causing him to look an even bigger Buffon than before.

How far the mighty have fallen.

Kimmel did far more than that. He has attacked Rodgers for Rodgers' anti-vax position in general. He has called him a Karen and a wack packer (Howard Stern reference). He has mocked him for talking to Joe Rogan.

And beyond that, Kimmel was a vaccine scold/demagogue which, in hindsight, is not a great reflection on him.

https://nypost.com/sports/the-aaron-rodgers-jimmy-kimmel-feud-explained/

If all Kimmel did was make fun of Rodgers for lying, then I'd agree with you. But he did more than that.

And to my larger point, any "comedian" like Kimmel, who makes his livelihood making fun of people he has political disagreements with - all while using satire, half truths, and exaggerations - is an absolute hypocrite for threatening to sue a person for something said on a comedic podcast/sports show.

Given some of the ish Kimmel has said, he should have thicker skin. And beyond that, he really doesn't want a world where people can and do so people for comments made in a joking (or semi-serious) matter.

BearGoggles
bearister said:

"Kimmel used to be funny and occasionally witty. Sadly, he's not anymore."

….as an anxious world awaits the publication of the list of comedians that you deem funny.
Chapelle is a genius
Chris Rock also a savant
Anthony Jeselnick
Gervais - not super familiar with his shows, but liked the ones I've seen
Norm McDonald (RIP)
Recently watched a Jim Jefferies show and he was funny.
I think weekend up update with Colin Jost and Michael Che is often really funny and almost always witty.

Know what most of those comedians have in common? With the exception of Norm, they're probably all liberal. But they're funny, or clever, or insightful, or daring. And I can enjoy/respect that even if I don't always agree with their politics.

Kimmel is no longer any of those things - he literally preaches to the choir while virtue signaling. Very daring of him to be a liberal in hollywood. It is probably because he's still trying to avoid being cancelled for stuff he did on the man show (including black face). Whatever the reason, he (and the other late night comedians) aren't funny for the most part.

What's your list of great comedians?
BearGoggles
sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

I don't think Jimmy Kimmel has ever appointed himself as part of the "intelligentsia."
Yeah - he and most of hollywood did when they felt like they could tell people to get vaxxed, how to vote, and became so overtly (and proudly) partisan.
BearGoggles
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

All this .... from the guy that went on and on . . . defending Teri McKeever.

OT: McKeever out - Page 2 | Bear Insider

Nothing in that post defends Teri McKeever. But carry on with your typical nonsense.
Big C
BearGoggles said:

sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Yeah - he and most of hollywood did when they felt like they could tell people to get vaxxed, how to vote, and became so overtly (and proudly) partisan.

There is a smugness to Jimmy Kimmel which I find annoying. Of course, there is a smugness to Aaron Rodgers which I find annoying, too. That said, I still like AR, as a Cal guy, but I wish sometimes he wouldn't say some of the things he says. I will give people a lot of latitude for their opinions, personally, but I'd prefer he didn't say things that put him in an unpopular light.
philly1121
BearGoggles said:

philly1121 said:

And here we see how, yet again, politics can derail and obfuscate what would otherwise be a straightforward argument about vaccine utility and the clear as day implication and insinuration by Rodgers that Kimmel is somehow connected to Jeffrey Epstein.

So, the insults start about comedic merit of Kimmel. Of course. And then the type of comedy that apparently relies on half truths. How? Completely ignoring Rodgers' own penchant for reliance on outlandish theories on health, politics or other social topic.

As another poster wrote, Rodgers passes himself off as some pseudo intellectual who seems to have knowledge about a number of topics - of which he then spouts off about, causing him to look an even bigger Buffon than before.

Kimmel did far more than that. He has attacked Rodgers for Rodgers' anti-vax position in general. He has called him a Karen and a wack packer (Howard Stern reference). He has mocked him for talking to Joe Rogan.

And beyond that, Kimmel was a vaccine scold/demagogue which, in hindsight, is not a great reflection on him.

If all Kimmel did was make fun of Rodgers for lying, then I'd agree with you. But he did more than that.

And to my larger point, any "comedian" like Kimmel, who makes his livelihood making fun of people he has political disagreements with - all while using satire, half truths, and exaggerations - is an absolute hypocrite for threatening to sue a person for something said on a comedic podcast/sports show.

Given some of the ish Kimmel has said, he should have thicker skin. And beyond that, he really doesn't want a world where people can and do so people for comments made in a joking (or semi-serious) matter.

I have heard Kimmel make fun of Hollywood, liberals, Prince Harry and Joe Biden. You don't like him simply because he makes jokes about MAGA. You can simply tune out.

As for his jokes at Rodgers. Have you not seen all the absurdities that have come out of Rodgers' mouth? Click on the link I gave and you can see his "takes" on the vaccine, sunscreen, 9/11 and other zingers. This has ebbed from an absurd and near slanderous remark about Kimmel, to the fact that you don't like Kimmel because of his politics. And we're not really talking about that.

What we are talking about is Rodgers' seeming inability to talk intelligently about a topic he is asked about. And Pat McAfee quickly apologized for what Rodgers said because he knows what's up.

Dont feel like you have to hold water for Rodgers simply because of his views on the vaccine. He lied. Got caught. Went on Rogan to "explain" himself. And he was roasted for it. Fair game. Perhaps Rodgers needs another week in the dark.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

The fact that "getting vaxxed" became so partisan is a country-wide failure, not Jimmy Kimmel's.
oski003
sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

The fact that "getting vaxxed" became so partisan is a country-wide failure, not Jimmy Kimmel's.

Let's mandate shingles vaccines for kids and then have a debate about "getting vaxxed.". You have a line somewhere, right?
Anarchistbear
BearGoggles said:

bearister said:

….as an anxious world awaits the publication of the list of comedians that you deem funny.
Chapelle is a genius
Chris Rock also a savant
Anthony Jeselnick
Norm McDonald (RIP)
I think weekend up update with Colin Jost and Michael Che is often really funny and almost always witty.

Know what most of those comedians have in common? With the exception of Norm, they're probably all liberal. But they're funny, or clever, or insightful, or daring. And I can enjoy/respect that even if I don't always agree with their politics.

Kimmel is no longer any of those things - he literally preaches to the choir while virtue signaling. Very daring of him to be a liberal in hollywood. It is probably because he's still trying to avoid being cancelled for stuff he did on the man show (including black face). Whatever the reason, he (and the other late night comedians) aren't funny for the most part.

Agree on Chappelle and Rock but think both have fallen into the same trap.

Chappelle's latest special on Netflix is boring. He seems intent on telling " "his story" which is decidedly unfunny. I think he is still obsessed with the transvestite controversy and keeps dwelling on it and trying to present himself as not just a comedian but a feeling human. But we don't give a **** about this narcissism.Plus transvestites are insignificant and mostly unfunny. Where is the comic genius that you lost?

Rock likewise is obsessed or cursed with the Wil Smith slap but as a comedian he failed and let that ******* remain in his Oscar seat without calling him out and punking him and the whole night at the Oscars. A major failing especially for Chris Rock. I think it is a cloud over him that he hasn't expunged.

The Rodgers- Kimmel spat is likewise inside entertainment diversion . Who gets medical advice from a football player or a talk show host? Who cares who knew Epstein when two Presidents of the United States, British royalty, founders of Microsoft and one of America's greatest film
makers are in the same club. It is just self- propagating gas on the fire, a Twitter controversy not a real one. All these people lie when it's in their interests. Who cares? It's entertaining.
chazzed
Rodgers' decline is quite sad. And I'm not talking about football.
StillNoStanfurdium
Anarchistbear said:

BearGoggles said:

bearister said:

Chapelle is a genius
Chris Rock also a savant
Anthony Jeselnick
Norm McDonald (RIP)

Agree on Chappelle and Rock but think both have fallen into the same trap.

Chappelle's latest special on Netflix is boring. He seems intent on telling " "his story" which is decidedly unfunny. I think he is still obsessed with the transvestite controversy and keeps dwelling on it and trying to present himself as not just a comedian but a feeling human. But we don't give a **** about this narcissism.Plus transvestites are insignificant and mostly unfunny. Where is the comic genius that you lost?

Rock likewise is obsessed or cursed with the Wil Smith slap but as a comedian he failed and let that ******* remain in his Oscar seat without calling him out and punking him and the whole night at the Oscars. A major failing especially for Chris Rock. I think it is a cloud over him that he hasn't expunged.

The Rodgers- Kimmel spat is likewise inside entertainment diversion . Who gets medical advice from a football player or a talk show host? Who cares who knew Epstein when two Presidents of the United States, British royalty, founders of Microsoft and one of America's greatest film
makers are in the same club. It is just self- propagating gas on the fire, a Twitter controversy not a real one. All these people lie when it's in their interests. Who cares? It's entertaining.
I just want to point out that the Chappelle's controversy with the trans community is about transgender people and not transvestites which isn't a synonym for transgender on top of being a pretty outdated term.
bearister
BearGoggles said:

bearister said:

Chapelle is a genius
Chris Rock also a savant
Anthony Jeselnick
Norm McDonald (RIP)

Only the French and I can truly appreciate the comedy genius that was Jerry Lewis.

Bumping Mics with Jeff Ross & Dave Attell (TV Series 2018 ) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9203078/

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearGoggles
bearister said:

BearGoggles said:

bearister said:

Chapelle is a genius
Chris Rock also a savant
Anthony Jeselnick
Norm McDonald (RIP)

Only the French and I can truly appreciated the comedy genius that was Jerry Lewis.

Bumping Mics with Jeff Ross & Dave Attell (TV Series 2018 ) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9203078/

From my perspective, Jerry Lewis is the slightly annoying telethon guy. If you're going old school, I'll take Rodney D or Rickles over Jerry. Bob Saget was underrated as a live comedian.

Ross and Attell are solid, though they haven't done much (I've seen) in recent years.
BearGoggles
philly1121 said:

BearGoggles said:

philly1121 said:

I have heard Kimmel make fun of Hollywood, liberals, Prince Harry and Joe Biden. You don't like him simply because he makes jokes about MAGA. You can simply tune out.

As for his jokes at Rodgers. Have you not seen all the absurdities that have come out of Rodgers' mouth? Click on the link I gave and you can see his "takes" on the vaccine, sunscreen, 9/11 and other zingers. This has ebbed from an absurd and near slanderous remark about Kimmel, to the fact that you don't like Kimmel because of his politics. And we're not really talking about that.

What we are talking about is Rodgers' seeming inability to talk intelligently about a topic he is asked about. And Pat McAfee quickly apologized for what Rodgers said because he knows what's up.

Dont feel like you have to hold water for Rodgers simply because of his views on the vaccine. He lied. Got caught. Went on Rogan to "explain" himself. And he was roasted for it. Fair game. Perhaps Rodgers needs another week in the dark.
I don't like Kimmel because he's not funny and has turned into an arrogant, grumpy, and condescending scold. As I posted above, most of the comedians I like are overtly liberal - politics has nothing to do with this.

80% of the jokes told by Colin Jost and Michael Che make fun of conservative viewpoints or people. Unlike Kimmel, they're typically very funny and will occasionally take a shot at a liberal.

Rodgers is fair game - as is Kimmel. After giving grief to and making fun of literally hundreds (if not thousands) of "public figures" over the years, it is a total ***** move for Kimmel to threaten a lawsuit when Rodgers fires back.

And the final irony. Kimmel's response - overreacting and threatening a frivolous and ill-conceived lawsuit - should remind you of another thin skinned public figure who is currently running for president.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.