The Aaron Rodgers Positivity Thread Challenge

12,784 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Cal88
pingpong2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good grief

bearister
I'm thinking AR is getting CTE if he doesn't think his own personal life could be subjected to a vicious counter attack.

If Kimmel isn't on that list, AR will be writing a settlement check.

Jimmy Kimmel threatens to take Aaron Rodgers to court over claims

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/jimmy-kimmel-threatens-to-take-aaron-rodgers-to-court-over-jeffrey-epstein-claims/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034

I'm sure Jimmy didn't fly on his buddy's Lolita Express. He's much younger than all of them!
okaydo
pingpong2 said:

Good grief

To put this in context.

Yesterday, Rodgers' former teammate David Bakhtiari tweeted and later deleted a screenshot of an altered document showing an "immel" on Epstein's client list. But as others pointed out, the "immel" doesn't appear on the original document but a redacted name means the person is the victim.

For further context, I wrote a long post in this thread last year about how Rodgers falsely accused a female sports writer of writing a "COVID toe" article on him for The Wall Street Journal, even though she had nothing to do with the article. (Rodgers later admitted he never read the article.)

Rodgers calling for her to apologize resulted in her getting death threats and having to leave her home.

Bakthiari was one of the people calling on her to make amends for the article she didn't write.

concordtom
Jimmy Kimmel threatens to sue Aaron Rodgers for suggesting he is involved in the Epstein stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-threatens-sue-aaron-013614546.html
sycasey
I think Bill Simmons had Rodgers pegged a little while ago as a "drama queen," meaning that he likes to do things for attention. This seems especially true as he nears the end of his playing career.

He may have flown too close to the sun this time, though.
bearister
"The fight dates back to March, when Rodgers suggested that information regarding UFOs was released as a distraction from the Epstein client list, during an appearance with McAfee. Kimmel made fun of Rodgers for doing so."
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jimmy-kimmel-hints-at-potential-lawsuit-against-aaron-rodgers

*Like all big teasers, AR can dish it out but he can't take it…..and all I can say about Kimmel's AR UFO joke triggering a Lolita Express accusation about Kimmel is…

philbert

westcoast101
Rodgers likes to think of himself as some pseudo intellectual, but the more he speaks, the clearer it becomes that he's just a total dumbass. Maybe a close family member could step in and tell him to quit this crap. Oh wait…
bear2034
Be honest, you're all pissed that Rodgers abstained while you were repeatedly tricked into taking the clot shot.
bear2034
philbert said:

Jimmy Kimmel seems butthurt.
calumnus
bear2034 said:

Be honest, you're all pissed that Rodgers abstained while you were repeatedly tricked into taking the clot shot.

I have friends (some played football for Cal) and family members that I wish had lived to get the vaccine that ended the pandemic.
bear2034
calumnus said:

bear2034 said:

I have friends (some played football for Cal) and family members that I wish had lived to get the vaccine that ended the pandemic.

I understand. It really depends on health condition.
calumnus
bear2034 said:

calumnus said:

bear2034 said:

For the individual, yes. But the vaccine also reduced the rate of transmission and ended the pandemic, so it was more than about your own health. Thankfully enough people took it to get the R rate less than 1.
BearGoggles
bear2034 said:

philbert said:

Kimmel started this by attacking Rodgers for his vax stance and then calling him a "tin foil" "whack packer".

https://sports.yahoo.com/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-tells-aaron-rodgers-032740998.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF_yf6AZ3eMVygxBBcxESFtMr_lD2JiODw1oU1_2SDgiBxHYY9fDWXJXl8A63FiluMbLhOeE0va6iD1FYn42SsXRVOAFjOa2Pxnl9G1TgECxR4FmPjXj3gNDiEVYFCuui-z3p1LLplGYC3EaKR_m1AhvROOTBnhv3h0V7miFcXVW

Rodgers was alluding to that in his recent remarks and the funny thing is, Rodgers never actually said Kimmel was in the Epstein list. He knew what he was doing - implying that - but Kimmel took the bait.

So it seems Kimmel is the one who can dish it out and can't take it. Kimmel was a vaccine scold and absolutely went after Rodgers for his vaccine position and, in hindsight, Rodgers was more correct than Kimmel (in terms of the risk to Rodgers of not taking the vax)

And in terms of accusing anyone of being a conspiracy theorist, Kimmel should probably sit this one out . He was all in on the Trump pee tape and the other extreme allegations in the Trump Russia dossier which were disproven.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jimmy-kimmel-is-convinced-trump-pee-tape-exists-beyond-a-treasonable-doubt

Kimmel used to be funny and occasionally witty. Sadly, he's not anymore.

And any comedian who, literally, as part of his career makes jokes based on exaggerations and half truths, would be really stupid to bring a libel lawsuit for this type of thing. If he happened to win (which he won't), then Kimmel would immediately be sued by the people he's been making jokes about for years.
Cal88
bear2034 said:

philbert said:

Kimmel protests too much. He has at least one close personal connection to Epstein, being a close friend of Adam Perry Lang, who lived in one of Kimmel's houses in LA, Lang was the personal chef of Epstein, lived and travelled with him for several years.
Anarchistbear
This is all good for Rodgers, Kimmel and Disney
bearister
"Kimmel used to be funny and occasionally witty. Sadly, he's not anymore."

….as an anxious world awaits the publication of the list of comedians that you deem funny.
bearister
westcoast101 said:

Rodgers likes to think of himself as some pseudo intellectual, but the more he speaks, the clearer it becomes that he's just a total dumbass. Maybe a close family member could step in and tell him to quit this crap. Oh wait…

Are you trying to say that a high score on the Wonderlic test doesn't guaranty a NASA fellowship or acceptance into Mensa International?
DiabloWags
westcoast101 said:

The guy is a total f-ing clown.
Super dumbass.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Kimmel took to X/Twitter to dismiss Rodgers' claim about his connection to Epstein, writing,

"Dear A*******: for the record, I've not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can't seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Kimmel took to X/Twitter to dismiss Rodgers' claim about his connection to Epstein, writing,

"Dear A*******: for the record, I've not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can't seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."

All Rodgers said was, "There's a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that (list) doesn't come out.".
Anarchistbear
Moderators, move this to the Low information Voter ( off topic) Board
sycasey
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

All Rodgers said was, "There's a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that (list) doesn't come out.".

So what else is this supposed to mean?
okaydo
bearister said:

"Kimmel used to be funny and occasionally witty. Sadly, he's not anymore."

….as an anxious world awaits the publication of the list of comedians that you deem funny.

ive heard he's a big Mae Martin fan.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

You really think that is enough for a public figure to win a slander lawsuit?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Not my question. What else do you think Rodgers could possibly mean when he says that?
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Not my question. What else do you think Rodgers could possibly mean when he says that?

In a comedic sports talk show, he implied that Kimmel or someone close to Kimmel is on the list. Thanks.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

In a comedic sports talk show, he implied that Kimmel or someone close to Kimmel is on the list. Thanks.
Okay, cool, as long as we can generally agree that this was the point of his statement and not some wishy-washy "Oh he never actually said Kimmel was part of Epstein's pedo ring!" type thing.

Is it enough to win a lawsuit? No, probably not. Might be enough to get him in trouble with ESPN/Disney, though.
philly1121
And here we see how, yet again, politics can derail and obfuscate what would otherwise be a straightforward argument about vaccine utility and the clear as day implication and insinuration by Rodgers that Kimmel is somehow connected to Jeffrey Epstein.

Whats funny is that - Kimmel wasn't making fun of Rodgers for not taking the vaccine. He was making fun of him for lying about it. And he lied about it in a very pathetic way.

So, the insults start about comedic merit of Kimmel. Of course. And then the type of comedy that apparently relies on half truths. How? Completely ignoring Rodgers' own penchant for reliance on outlandish theories on health, politics or other social topic.

As another poster wrote, Rodgers passes himself off as some pseudo intellectual who seems to have knowledge about a number of topics - of which he then spouts off about, causing him to look an even bigger Buffon than before.

How far the mighty have fallen.
oski003
philly1121 said:

And here we see how, yet again, politics can derail and obfuscate what would otherwise be a straightforward argument about vaccine utility and the clear as day implication and insinuration by Rodgers that Kimmel is somehow connected to Jeffrey Epstein.

Whats funny is that - Kimmel wasn't making fun of Rodgers for not taking the vaccine. He was making fun of him for lying about it. And he lied about it in a very pathetic way.

So, the insults start about comedic merit of Kimmel. Of course. And then the type of comedy that apparently relies on half truths. How? Completely ignoring Rodgers' own penchant for reliance on outlandish theories on health, politics or other social topic.

As another poster wrote, Rodgers passes himself off as some pseudo intellectual who seems to have knowledge about a number of topics - of which he then spouts off about, causing him to look an even bigger Buffon than before.

How far the mighty have fallen.

Did Rodgers not take the mandated experimental vaccine and then gloat about it? Or was this something revealed by the press who then vilified him for it and then it became part of his persona as he defended himself against the radical pro experimental vaccine sentiment?
bear2034
calumnus said:

bear2034 said:

calumnus said:

bear2034 said:

For the individual, yes. But the vaccine also reduced the rate of transmission and ended the pandemic, so it was more than about your own health. Thankfully enough people took it to get the R rate less than 1.

Vaccines don't stop transmission, that was a big lie. Natural immunity helped to end the pandemic. Meanwhile, people have suffered from vaccine related injuries.
philly1121
And it is on show once again with your post. "Mandated experimental government vaccine"

Let's deconstruct that shall we? Mandated. Yes for health care workers and schools. Also certain private sector companies and other groups that mandated it. There were opt outs. And if you didn't want to take it, well - we live in a free market right? Find another job.

Experimental. It was trialed. It was tested. It showed efficacy. Were there adverse effects? Yes. But they occurred in less than a tenth of a percent of the overall people that took it. Please don't rely on "poor Missy had a problem with her period so it must be bad" anecdotal evidence.

Government. True. Fully financed and supported by Trump Admin. You got me there.

Again - revisionist history with what Rodgers said. He wasn't criticized and ridiculed for not taking the vaccine. He was rightfully ridiculed because, by his own admission, he deliberately misled the public by saying he was "immunized". These are facts. He admitted to it on Joe Rogan.

And we should have sympathy for poor Aaron. If he even was honest with himself or his beliefs - he would have taken a stand and said "I'm not vaccinated. I'm allergic to ingredients in Moderna and Pfizer vax, and I'm electing not to take the J&J vaccine. But nope. He lied. And got rightfully ridiculed for it. No sympathy.
philly1121
Complete bull***** It's not even good bull***** It is rancid bull***** Show us stats please of widespread injury related vaccinations that are statistically significant to the amount of people vaccinated.
bear2034
philly1121 said:

Complete bull***** It's not even good bull***** It is rancid bull***** Show us stats please of widespread injury related vaccinations that are statistically significant to the amount of people vaccinated.

Yes. Please help take this thread to the OT board. Meanwhile, don't forget to take your boosters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.