The Aaron Rodgers Positivity Thread Challenge

52,155 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cal88
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Jets just missed the playoffs last year essentially with their QB's playing for the other team. They will make the playoffs next year and their fans will be delirious. In fact AR's resume immediately makes him the best QB in their history.

What I do wonder is whether next year's post season cave experience might result in retirement and a one year wonder.
Golden One
Anarchistbear said:

The Jets just missed the playoffs last year essentially with their QB's playing for the other team. They will make the playoffs next year and their fans will be delirious. In fact AR's resume immediately makes him the best QB in their history.

Joe Namath might disagree with that last statement.
calumnus
Golden One said:

Anarchistbear said:

Rodger's resume definitely exceeds Nameth's. That said, Jet fans couldn't care less what Rodgers did for the Packers and Rodgers has achieved nothing as a Jet, yet.

Guys with long productive careers often finish their careers elsewhere before retiring. No one says OJ Simpson was the greatest 49er RB of all time based on his Buffalo stats.
Anarchistbear
Golden One said:

Anarchistbear said:

Namath had the one epic game but completed 50.1% of his passes in his career had 173 career TD's and 230 career interceptions and a career QB rating of 65. That's a Joe Ayoob career.

By comparison AR is 65%, 475 TD's, 105 picks and rating of 103.6
Anarchistbear
calumnus said:

Golden One said:

Anarchistbear said:

Rodger's resume definitely exceeds Nameth's. That said, Jet fans couldn't care less what Rodgers did for the Packers and Rodgers has achieved nothing as a Jet, yet.

True that but AR achieving nothing is still way above Zach Wilson's performance.
calumnus
Anarchistbear said:

calumnus said:

Golden One said:

Anarchistbear said:

True that but AR achieving nothing is still way above Zach Wilson's performance.

Oh, not saying Jets fans don't have reason to be happy and optimistic.
MinotStateBeav
My copy/paste skills are elite. Come at me
Chicago Newspaper.

DAN MCGRATH ON THE BUSINESS OF SPORTS
April 26, 2023
Dan McGrath: Love him or hate him, Aaron Rodgers sure has been fun to watch
Crain's Chicago Business sports columnist Dan McGrath

Vacation season doesn't start for several weeks, but caravans of cars from the Chicago area have been spotted heading for northern Wisconsin in recent days.

It's Bears fans driving toward Green Bay to help Aaron Rodgers pack for his move to New York.

Can you blame them?

Rodgers' haughty "I own you" proclamation stirred up the fan base during a 2021 victory at Soldier Field, but embarrassment fueled the rancor more than anger, because he was speaking the truth.

He went 25-5 in 30 games against the Bears after succeeding Brett Favre as Green Bay's starter in 2008. He completed 67% of his passes (628-for-938) for 7,209 yards and 64 touchdowns, with just 12 interceptions. The Packers won one Super Bowl and eight division titles on his watch.

Whether it was Jordy Nelson dashing unencumbered through the Bears' secondary, Randall Cobb slipping past a befuddled Chris Conte or Davonte Adams blowing by any defensive back who dared challenge him, the common denominator was Rodgers.

And, at the risk of alienating everyone I know who follows the Bears . . . which is pretty much everyone I know . . . I like Rodgers. Maybe I should say "liked." Haven't talked to the lad in a while.

He was a hotshot junior at Cal back in 2004, and his strong play was a big reason Coach Jeff Tedford's Golden Bears were looking like Pac-10 champions and Rose Bowl participants for the first time since 1959. I was then running sports at the Chicago Tribune, which had always had a proprietary interest in the Rose Bowl, so I dispatched myself to Berkeley to see what the fuss was about.

Rodgers was a good story: From the little Northern California town of Chico, he'd gone virtually unrecruited out of Pleasant Valley High School, so he took his talents to Butte community college, where a Tedford assistant came across him while recruiting Butte tight end Garrett Cross.

Then as now, the Pac-10 was a throwers' league, and over two seasons at Cal, Rodgers threw it as well as anybody. Tedford, acclaimed as a quarterback whisperer, brought out the best in him.

Cal's sports publicist, a longtime friend, set me up with Rodgers, who turned out to be an engaging, unaffected kid, pedaling up to the meeting on his bike and thanking me for getting him out of class. The interview was thoroughly enjoyable, though Rodgers seemed as interested in asking me about the Joe Montana-era 49ers as he was answering questions about himself.

He struck me as a kid you could pull for. And I felt for him six months later when the NFL Draft's green-room coverage captured his increasing frustration as 23 names went off the board before the Packers finally took him at No. 24. He'd been hoping to land with the 49ers, who picked Utah QB Alex Smith No. 1 overall.

Tedford's reputation as a "system guy" might actually have hurt Rodgers, as previous products of the Tedford system Fresno State's Trent Dilfer, Cal's Kyle Boller, and Oregon's Akili Smith and Joey Harrington didn't do much as pros.

The Bears, picking fourth, took the late Cedric Benson, a star-crossed Texas running back. Their 2005 opening day starter at QB was Kyle Orton. It could be that angst over what might have been that fuels a Bears fan's antipathy toward Rodgers as much as the man's overall excellence.

Rodgers wouldn't be the first quirky Californian I've known, but I didn't see this level of weirdness coming the constant pearls-clutching drama, the deliberate misdirection over the COVID vaccine, the flings with movie stars and race-car drivers, the desire to play general manager.

Wonder how it will play in New York, where media types tend to be, um, a little more intrusive (and demanding) than they are in Green Bay.

Forgive me, Bears fans, but I remember that decent kid and wish him well. And love him or hate him, Aaron Rodgers sure has been fun to watch.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/dan-mcgrath-business-sports/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-chicago-bears
MinotStateBeav
Rodgers Intro Presser Live
wc22
okaydo
Wow, his locker actually looks pretty nice.

okaydo

bluehenbear
Locker next to Ashton.
MinotStateBeav
For every clown that criticizes Aaron Rodgers on his choices.

Imagine being this guy and criticizing a HOF QB saving kids with cancer.

okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

For every clown that criticizes Aaron Rodgers on his choices.

Imagine being this guy and criticizing a HOF QB saving kids with cancer.

He's criticizing the very influential guy using his massive platform to promote dangerous anti-vaccine conspiracy theories.

Rodgers went from helping people with illnesses to hurting them.

Yeah, you posted a video of the "Old Aaron" from 9 years ago.

This is what the girl in that video looks like now:

Oh, and the last "It's Aaron" video was posted 8 years ago.

MinotStateBeav
literally a google search
May 10, 2019
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/life/2019/05/10/aaron-rodgers-surprises-child-cancer-survivors-photobomb/1161050001/

Also I'm positive Aaron Rodgers does a lot of fund raising for
https://maccfund.org/who-we-are/
okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

May 10, 2019
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/life/2019/05/10/aaron-rodgers-surprises-child-cancer-survivors-photobomb/1161050001/

A lot of genuine pieces of sh*t like Rodgers do good things.

That doesn't take away from him being a genuine piece of sh*t and an utterly horrible human being.

Also, every prominent athlete and even many non-prominent ones (see Damar Hamlin, before he was famous) do a lot of charitable endeavors. It's like having a 4.3 GPA and getting into Cal. It's not that unique.

MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

May 10, 2019

That doesn't take away from him being a genuine piece of sh*t and an utterly horrible human being.

Also, every prominent athlete and even many non-prominent ones (see Damar Hamlin, before he was famous) do a lot of charitable endeavors. It's like having a 4.3 GPA and getting into Cal. It's not that unique.

Why is Aaron a piece of sh*t again? and horrible human being? Maybe its time for you to self reflect on the priorities in your life.
BearHunter

Okaydo, bro, we know your college crush, Rodgers dumped you a long time ago. It's time to get over it and move on. Stalking him is a bad look.

#RodgersGang
okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

May 10, 2019

Why is Aaron a piece of sh*t again? and horrible human being? Maybe its time for you to self reflect on the priorities in your life.

He created a lie about somebody and promoted that lie through his massive platform, resulting in that person receiving death threats and having to flee their home. When confronted on the obvious lie, he expressed no regret. No apologies.

He's the very definition of a horrible human being.

bearister

Getty Images

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

May 10, 2019

He created a lie about somebody and promoted that lie through his massive platform, resulting in that person receiving death threats and having to flee their home. When confronted on the obvious lie, he expressed no regret. No apologies.

Can you elaborate? Is this the professor who allegedly failed him and told him he'd never play in the NFL?
OBear073akaSMFan
Anarchistbear said:

In fact AR's resume immediately makes him the best QB in their history.

Maybe if he came 5 yrs ago but sorry think he is on the downside of his career.
Anarchistbear
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Anarchistbear said:

Sure but we are talking the New York Jets of Zach Wilson, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kellen Clemons. It's a low bar. He'll get them to the playoffs and maybe even win a game-.
BearHunter
Anarchistbear said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Anarchistbear said:

Sure but we are talking the New York Jets of Zach Wilson, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kellen Clemons. It's a low bar. He'll get them to the playoffs and maybe even win a game-.

Speaking of low bar, never forget the Sanchez butt fumble.
BearHunter

#8 is back.
okaydo
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

May 10, 2019

Can you elaborate? Is this the professor who allegedly failed him and told him he'd never play in the NFL?

To recap:

On the November 23, 2021 edition of The Pat McAfee Show, Rodgers joked that he had "COVID toe."

On November 24, 2021, Andrew Beaton, a sports reporter covering the NFL for The Wall Street Journal, published an article that there really is a condition called "COVID toe."

In the article, Beaton interviewed Esther Freeman, a professor at Harvard Medical School.

As a result of the article, "COVID toe" became a trending topic on Twitter.

Many people tweeted the article out. Here's ESPN NFL reporter Michelle Steele:

Many people cracked jokes about it.

Even ProFootballTalk covered it:

During his Packers press conference that day, Rodgers clarified that he doesn't have COVID toe, and said "I expect a full apology from Molly Knight and whoever her editors was. I did get a kick out of reading that article."

"It's actually called disinformation when you perpetuate false information about an individual," Rodgers told reporters. "I have a fractured toe. So I expect a full apology from Molly Knight and whoever her editors was. I did get a kick out of reading that article. That was very, very interesting. But, no, I never heard of COVID toe before. Pat made a joke about it on the show, and I mentioned yesterday that it's, you know, worse than a turf toe, and it must be a bone issue. I can't believe I have to again come on the air and talk about my medical information. But, yeah, I have a fractured toe. I've never heard of COVID toe before. I have no lesions on my feet. That's just a classic case of disinformation. It's surprising coming from what used to be a reputable journalistic institution, but that's the world we live in these days."

Even Rodgers' teammate David Bakthiari wanted Molly Knight to make amends.

Who is Molly Knight?

She's a Los Angeles-based sports reporter primarily known for writing about the Dodgers.

Molly Knight saw the article and, like many others, tweeted a link to it while cracking a joke.

As she recounted to ESPN:

Molly Knight doesn't work for The Wall Street Journal and had nothing to do with the article, other than tweeting it.

And yet, as a result of Rodgers' comments, she started getting death threats.

Complicating matters was that The Wall Street Journal deleted the original "COVID toe" article in response to Rodgers' press conference and put in the article below in its place using the same URL. So it was hard to prove she didn't write the original COVID toe article.

Per that ESPN article, Rodgers said he had a respectful conversation with Andrew Beaton, but showed no remorse for calling out Knight.

Also in that ESPN article, Rodgers who said "I did get a kick out of reading that article" said: "In retrospect, I should have read it first, and maybe it would have been different."

I'm sure many here will defend Rodgers' behavior.

Personally, I think it was despicable and is a reminder of what he has become.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did Rodgers go after Molly Knight, of all people?

Here's my theory (as I've explained before):

In 2021, Rodgers was close, at least text-wise, with Barstool founder Dave Portnoy.

Portnoy has a history of going after female journalists who speak out against him.

From The Daily Beast in 2018:

19 days before the COVID toe article incident, Molly Knight spoke about against Barstool and Dave Portnoy.

Was it all a coincidence?

oski003
That's interesting.

Rodgers is wrongly attacked by a reporter tweeting a WSJ article wrongly attacking Rodgers.

Bahktari and Rodgers go after the reporter, instead of the author of the WSJ article and other liberal media wrongly attacking Rodgers. The reporter also wrote about misconduct from a buddy of Rodgers a little while back.

In turn, anti-vax folks threaten the reporter. Reporter wonders why she was singled out. Does that sum it up? What ended up happening to her?
Anarchistbear
oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Rodgers is wrongly attacked by a reporter tweeting a WSJ article wrongly attacking Rodgers.

Bahktari and Rodgers go after the reporter, instead of the author of the WSJ article and other liberal media wrongly attacking Rodgers. The reporter also wrote about misconduct from a buddy of Rodgers a little while back.

In turn, anti-vax folks threaten the reporter. Reporter wonders why she was singled out. Does that sum it up? What ended up happening to her?

She posts as Little Miss Covid Toe on Twitter and has 10.000 followers
oski003
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Can you post a link? That seems completely opposite to what okaydo is saying.
okaydo
oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Can you post a link? That seems completely opposite to what okaydo is saying.

https://twitter.com/molly_knight
okaydo
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

calumnus
oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Wait, you think the Wall Street Journal, before but especially since it was bought by Rupert Murdock in 2007, is "liberal media"?
BearoutEast67
Aaron's human, just like us. If someone interviewed your ex-s or sampled all of your idiotic opinions over the years, how well would your storyline play out?

This is a fresh start for Mr Rodgers. Let's sit back and enjoy it!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
oski003
calumnus said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Wait, you think the Wall Street Journal, before but especially since it was bought by Rupert Murdock in 2007, is "liberal media"?

Liberal tweeters . WSJ just shills for Big Pharma.
calumnus
oski003 said:

calumnus said:

oski003 said:

That's interesting.

Liberal tweeters . WSJ just shills for Big Pharma.

Except liberals are generally not fans of Big Pharma. That is very different than understanding science, the efficacy of vaccines, face masks and quarantines and the desirability of using them to save lives. :-)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.