The Aaron Rodgers Positivity Thread Challenge

52,217 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cal88
philly1121
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh God seriously?

Quote:

Rodgers is an easy target? The guy is very intelligent. He's got a dang near photographic memory.
All that intelligence. If only there were brains.

Quote:

I don't need to defend Rodgers, he's been right about a lot of things. Btw there's a lot more to 9/11 than people think. Like how it was the Saudis were involved but we had a 20 year war with Afghanistan. Tbh I just didn't spend a ton of time researching 9/11 so I'm not going to talk about something I'm not informed about, in terms of some other theories out there. Most of the stuff Aaron says on McAfee is his dry humor because he always has a cheshire cat grin going on. You seem to take everything he says at face value, so ...lol@u.
Please list out what he's been right about.

And, "there's alot more to 9/11 than people think" That's a gateway statement towards conspiracy theories. Its Joe Rogan-ish. "have you ever thought about this..." or "maybe we should look at this..." or the always wonderful "I'm not saying its this but I just want to put this out there for you guys". It is thoroughly lamentable.

And your take on what Rodgers says on MacAfee's show is ridiculous. Rodgers believes EVERY word of what he is saying. He's not trying to troll anyone. That's why MacAfee won't have him on for the playoffs. still laughing
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Hilarious the number of Kimmel defenders on here who also claim they really don't care about this story and yet they've been defending Kimmel's morality for about 5 or 6 pages lol. This thread is really about people who are so strongly convinced their political opinion(including about the cult of covid) is correct that they're going all out to defend a guy they don't know in order to score some kind of weird political point.

I'm Team Rodgers. You Team Kimmelphiles blow chunks!!!!

Barkley on the other hand always says he'd punch soandso if they said something about him lol. He's the biggest projectionist I've ever seen.
No, you guys want to turn it into some referendum on Kimmel being a good or bad person. To me this is about Rodgers (sadly) becoming a crazy person, and about people making bad arguments to defend his statements and behavior.

No, it is about the media attacking an enemy of the pro-covid vaxers. This is being blown way out of proportion because Aaron Rodgers believes things he isn't supposed to.
Lamar Jackson and Kirk Cousins never got vaccinated either. When is the last time you heard anyone bring that up?

Rodgers' problem is that he goes on TV and says crazy s***.
Anarchistbear
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Hilarious the number of Kimmel defenders on here who also claim they really don't care about this story and yet they've been defending Kimmel's morality for about 5 or 6 pages lol. This thread is really about people who are so strongly convinced their political opinion(including about the cult of covid) is correct that they're going all out to defend a guy they don't know in order to score some kind of weird political point.

Barkley on the other hand always says he'd punch soandso if they said something about him lol. He's the biggest projectionist I've ever seen.
No, you guys want to turn it into some referendum on Kimmel being a good or bad person. To me this is about Rodgers (sadly) becoming a crazy person, and about people making bad arguments to defend his statements and behavior.

No, it is about the media attacking an enemy of the pro-covid vaxers. This is being blown way out of proportion because Aaron Rodgers believes things he isn't supposed to.

The truth of all of this is nobody- least of all football fans where Rodgers remains one of the more popular players in the game- care about vaccine politics in 2024.
bear2034
philly1121 said:

bear2034 said:

philly1121 said:

Ok so basically since Lang was on the island as a chef, then Kimmel must know about and, by association, be guilty of everything that happened on the island. Hell, since Lang is Kimmel's employee, we can infer that Kimmel went to the island, participated in criminal activities and should be held accountable. And that's why Rodgers said Kimmel doesn't want the list to come out.

I guess you took Rodgers advice and tried Ayahuasca. You are completely deluded

Lang was questioned by authorities years before Kimmel's comments. It was Kimmel who went out of his way to call Rodgers a conspiracy theorist over Epstein Island. Rodgers was just having a conversation on McAfee's show, his comments weren't directed to Kimmel. Either Kimmel is clueless or he's protecting Lang or Epstein, in which case, he would be an enabler. Kimmel is also very pro-vaccine mandate by the way. He cares about your status.
That is absolute horsesh*t. Kimmel never said he didn't believe there was an island. He never said there wasn't a list. What he made fun of was Rodgers' belief that the Chinese surveillance balloon story was made up to cover up the release of the Epstein list. THAT is what Kimmel was making fun of. Not that he didn't believe in the list. You really are off your rocker. Rodgers IS a conspiracy theorist. His views on 9/11, sunscreen, the Epstein list, the vaccine, jet airplane contrails (or as Rodgers calls them, "chemtrails") causing cancer. The list is endless and is FACT. Try harder.

Epstein Island was once considered a right wing conspiracy theory and it wasn't mainstream news until recently. The story was suppressed because it was obviously embarrassing to the people involved, particularly, from a certain political party. It is entertaining watching you defend Jimmy Kimmel, however.
bear2034
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

The truth of all of this is nobody- least of all football fans where Rodgers remains one of the more popular players in the game- care about vaccine politics in 2024.

The haters are still out there, their hatred hasn't subsided, football fans and all.
Cal88
philly1121 said:

Cal88 said:

philly1121 said:

bear2034 said:

philly1121 said:

Ok so basically since Lang was on the island as a chef, then Kimmel must know about and, by association, be guilty of everything that happened on the island. Hell, since Lang is Kimmel's employee, we can infer that Kimmel went to the island, participated in criminal activities and should be held accountable. And that's why Rodgers said Kimmel doesn't want the list to come out.

I guess you took Rodgers advice and tried Ayahuasca. You are completely deluded

Lang was questioned by authorities years before Kimmel's comments. It was Kimmel who went out of his way to call Rodgers a conspiracy theorist over Epstein Island. Rodgers was just having a conversation on McAfee's show, his comments weren't directed to Kimmel. Either Kimmel is clueless or he's protecting Lang or Epstein, in which case, he would be an enabler. Kimmel is also very pro-vaccine mandate by the way. He cares about your status.
That is absolute horsesh*t. Kimmel never said he didn't believe there was an island. He never said there wasn't a list. What he made fun of was Rodgers' belief that the Chinese surveillance balloon story was made up to cover up the release of the Epstein list. THAT is what Kimmel was making fun of. Not that he didn't believe in the list. You really are off your rocker. Rodgers IS a conspiracy theorist. His views on 9/11, sunscreen, the Epstein list, the vaccine, jet airplane contrails (or as Rodgers calls them, "chemtrails") causing cancer. The list is endless and is FACT. Try harder.

Rodgers was right about the covid mRNA vaccine, its risk-reward profile for a healthy pro athlete is far from benign, and the immunity provided to Rodgers by his already having had covid is vastly superior to that provided by the experimental mRNA vaccine. His decision to not take the shot was entirely rational.

Several top professional athletes have had their career destroyed by the vaccine due to heart tissue injury, including Premier League Golden Boot Sergio Aguero, the best player from Argentina other than Messi:

More dogsh*t. And you're hitting close to home here because I love Kun and everything he did for City. I looked at this extensively back when he was forced to retire. He was already diagnosed with a heart palpatation back in 2004. The same cardiologist who treated Aguero back in 2004, Roberto Piedro is the same doctor who treated him in 2021. It was a tiny scar that caused a cardiac ablation and the issue was corrected but Piedro advised that he retire. Piedro stated that it was not caused by the covid vaccine.

There were also conspiracy theories around another player, Christian Eriksen, who collapsed on the field during Euro 2020 (played in 2021). conspiracy theories abounded that his collapse was the result of the Pfizer vaccine. A blogger "quoted" a source within Inter Milan (Eriksen's club team at the time) that said he was vaccinated with the Pfizer vax. Inter Milan's Director stated that he had not received any vaccine. Yet the rumors persisted and spread from there.

Same issue with Aguero. When he announced his retirement he was called a coward by a guy on Twitter who said "You're a stupid coward who makes a joke of how the experimental inoculation left you with a chip in your body and screwed up your career, did you tell your fans that you won't take any more doses or do you prefer to skip it...?

To which Aguero responded: "Why so aggressive? I don't know the real cause of why I had to leave football. No one knows what happened. Maybe it was covid, maybe it was the vaccine. The reality is that I don't know. It happened to me and now I have to take care of myself. It might have been an underlying condition that was triggered. I don't know."

What else you got?

I've got a dozen other professional soccer players who collapsed on the field untouched, and all of these events happened after the vaccine rollout. Several young professional cyclists as well.

Between the onset of the covid pandemic and the rollout of the vaccine, there was a wide time gap of around 15-18 months (that gap is wider in Europe as covid hit earlier in many countries including Italy).

There are no cases of players collapsing in that year plus time gap between the onset of covid and the rollout of the vaccine, but over a dozen cases after the rollout. This settles the claim that these repeated freak accidents might have been caused by covid itself, rather than the vaccine.

In 50 years of following European soccer very closely, the only case of a top league player collapsing from a heart injury during play or practice is former French international Omar Sahnoun, leader of the French 1977 champions FC Nantes. Sahnoun had a heart attack after the 1977 season, which kept him off the 1978 WC. He resumed playing one year later and eventually died from a fatal heart attack two years later while playing for Bordeaux. Until 2021, this has been an exceptionally rare occurrence.

Cal88
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

In Rodgers' case, not taking the vaccine was the smart and rational decision, given that he got covid early on. For his personal profile, the risks from the vaccine outweigh the benefits.

That's something that's above the pay grade of someone like Jimmy Kimmel, both because he is not well equipped to understand the above, and even more so because big pharma is his biggest client-sponsor.

philly1121
Quote:

I've got a dozen other professional soccer players who collapsed on the field untouched, and all of these events happened after the vaccine rollout. Several young professional cyclists as well.

Between the onset of the covid pandemic and the rollout of the vaccine, there was a wide time gap of around 15-18 months (that gap is wider in Europe as covid hit earlier in many countries including Italy).

There are no cases of players collapsing in that year plus time gap between the onset of covid and the rollout of the vaccine, but over a dozen cases after the rollout. This settles the claim that these repeated freak accidents might have been caused by covid itself, rather than the vaccine.

In 50 years of following European soccer very closely, the only case of a top league player collapsing from a heart injury during play or practice is former French international Omar Sahnoun, leader of the French 1977 champions FC Nantes. Sahnoun had a heart attack after the 1977 season, which kept him off the 1978 WC. He resumed playing one year later and eventually died from a fatal heart attack two years later while playing for Bordeaux. Until 2021, this has been an exceptionally rare occurrence.
Ok, let's unpack what you wrote here.

So the vaccine was released in December 2020. So the question would be, what incidences of cardiac events occurring after December 2020, among professional athletes, soccer or otherwise, can be definitively attributed to the vaccine. There isn't much data on this but there have been alot of theories and myths surrounding pro athletes.

Certainly what matters is whether there was even sports being played - professional or amateur. This varies by region, state and country. What I could find was a charge that originated in Israel, that 108 professional and amateur athletes had died in the subsequent 6 months after the vaccine rollout in December 2020, of cardiac related events.

In short, this theory was debunked by numerous news agencies and professional sports sanctioning bodies. One news agency, Reuters, contacted these sanctioning bodies. As it related to professional soccer players, FIFA stated: "FIFA is not aware of a rise in episodes of cardiac arrests as indicated in your email and no cases have been flagged in relation to individuals receiving a COVID vaccine. "Generally speaking, FIFA is in regular contact with leading research centres and experts to do research on a variety of medical topics."

Reuters also reached out to World Athletics, the Rugby Football League (RFL), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) which regulates student athletes in more than a thousand North American institutions and conferences the International Handball Federation (IHF), the International Basketball Federation (FIBA), International Rugby League (IRL), the National Rugby League (NRL) of Australia, the International Cricket Council (ICC), World Rugby and the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) for comment. In all, none of them had any evidence that any of their athletes had died as a result of contracting covid or as a result of taking a covid vaccine.

The Reuters article is here: https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N2T81NY/

As to your assertion that only one soccer player has died on the pitch since 1977, I suppose it depends on your definition of a heart injury. But, I did a quick look at some articles and found this from the American Journal of Medicine:

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(22)00884-1/fulltext

I couldn't access the whole article but the abstract reads: "We identified 35 male professional soccer players (mean age 26 5 years) who experienced collapse and cardiac arrest on the field (most during matches) in Europe from December 2002 to February 2022 with 63% in the last 6 years. Twenty-five have died on the field or later in a hospital despite cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Of the 10 survivors, eight were implanted with cardioverter-defibrillators for secondary (n = 6) or primary (n = 2) prevention and returned to full competition; five of the 8 required successful device therapy during matches or training.

I'm sure if I looked more closely, and I went back from 1977 to 2002, I could find additional instances of players collapsing on the pitch as a result of a cardiac event. In short, cardiac arrest happens frequently in world football and in amateur ranks.
wc22
philly1121 said:

Quote:

So the vaccine was released in December 2020. So the question would be, what incidences of cardiac events occurring after December 2020, among professional athletes, soccer or otherwise, can be definitively attributed to the vaccine. There isn't much data on this but there have been alot of theories and myths surrounding pro athletes.

Certainly what matters is whether there was even sports being played - professional or amateur. This varies by region, state and country. What I could find was a charge that originated in Israel, that 108 professional and amateur athletes had died in the subsequent 6 months after the vaccine rollout in December 2020, of cardiac related events.

In short, this theory was debunked by numerous news agencies and professional sports sanctioning bodies. One news agency, Reuters, contacted these sanctioning bodies. As it related to professional soccer players, FIFA stated: "FIFA is not aware of a rise in episodes of cardiac arrests as indicated in your email and no cases have been flagged in relation to individuals receiving a COVID vaccine. "Generally speaking, FIFA is in regular contact with leading research centres and experts to do research on a variety of medical topics."

Reuters also reached out to World Athletics, the Rugby Football League (RFL), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) which regulates student athletes in more than a thousand North American institutions and conferences the International Handball Federation (IHF), the International Basketball Federation (FIBA), International Rugby League (IRL), the National Rugby League (NRL) of Australia, the International Cricket Council (ICC), World Rugby and the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) for comment. In all, none of them had any evidence that any of their athletes had died as a result of contracting covid or as a result of taking a covid vaccine.

As to your assertion that only one soccer player has died on the pitch since 1977, I suppose it depends on your definition of a heart injury. But, I did a quick look at some articles and found this from the American Journal of Medicine:

I couldn't access the whole article but the abstract reads: "We identified 35 male professional soccer players (mean age 26 5 years) who experienced collapse and cardiac arrest on the field (most during matches) in Europe from December 2002 to February 2022 with 63% in the last 6 years. Twenty-five have died on the field or later in a hospital despite cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Of the 10 survivors, eight were implanted with cardioverter-defibrillators for secondary (n = 6) or primary (n = 2) prevention and returned to full competition; five of the 8 required successful device therapy during matches or training.

I'm sure if I looked more closely, and I went back from 1977 to 2002, I could find additional instances of players collapsing on the pitch as a result of a cardiac event. In short, cardiac arrest happens frequently in world football and in amateur ranks.
This is so reddit. Nothing here addresses the issues. I was a drunk idiot. You are just an idiot.
wc22
Random bolds, quotes to "journalists" adding their own opinions, false confidence. "Here is a LINK!" Really? OK. I submit this is the best the pro-Vax crowd can produce and rest my case with no further response. Absolutely idiotic.
sketchy9
philly1121 said:

Quote:

Dude, A for effort but save your time. Some people are just too far gone.
bluehenbear
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/01/anti-vaccine-nonsense-will-likely-kill-thousands-this-season-fda-officials-say/
oski003
He's back! Aaron Rodgers returns to 'Pat McAfee Show' day after host said NFL star 'is done' with show

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna133529
calpoly
MinotStateBeav said:

Turns out after week 1, Jordan Love is not Aaron Rodgers. Hahaha Packers fans are roasting this dude now. They realized how hard Rodgers carried Lafleur and the Packers org. Aaron's ability to read the defenses and work the sidelines apparently was really good and very difficult for others to recreate. Whodathunkit.
Once again, your posts do not age well.

Yes, it turns out Jordan Love is not AR. Jordan Love won a playoff game in Dallas and sat on the sidelines almost all season.
chazzed
(replied to wrong person)
MinotStateBeav
calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Turns out after week 1, Jordan Love is not Aaron Rodgers. Hahaha Packers fans are roasting this dude now. They realized how hard Rodgers carried Lafleur and the Packers org. Aaron's ability to read the defenses and work the sidelines apparently was really good and very difficult for others to recreate. Whodathunkit.
Once again, your posts do not age well.

Yes, it turns out Jordan Love is not AR. Jordan Love won a playoff game in Dallas and sat on the sidelines almost all season.

Wow, Rodgers has never beaten the Cowboys lol
BearoutEast67
I wonder if Aaron's been screened for the COMT and AKT1 genes. His bizarre thinking arguably fits along the psychotic spectrum, with Cannabis and hallucinogens possibly triggering the traits.
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Cal88
BearoutEast67 said:

I wonder if Aaron's been screened for the COMT and AKT1 genes. His bizarre thinking arguably fits along the psychotic spectrum, with Cannabis and hallucinogens possibly triggering the traits.

And which genotypes are associated with making unfunny and obnoxious statements?
WalterSobchak
Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

And which genotypes are associated with making unfunny and obnoxious statements?
Talk about softballs.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
BearoutEast67
Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

It wasn't meant to be funny. The reality is that this man was very bright, tolerant, and social. However, the false claims toward a late-night talk show host, about UFO's, and his non-empirical healthcare by a public figure, and so on suggest a slow derailment. I liked him at Cal and in the early part of his GB years. But I do not want to see him ending up like Dennis Rodman or Antonio Brown.

The genes for critical thinking and inquisitiveness? Those haven't been discovered yet.
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
oski003
BearoutEast67 said:

Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

It wasn't meant to be funny. The reality is that this man was very bright, tolerant, and social. However, the false claims toward a late-night talk show host, about UFO's, and his non-empirical healthcare by a public figure, and so on suggest a slow derailment. I liked him at Cal and in the early part of his GB years. But I do not want to see him ending up like Dennis Rodman or Antonio Brown.

The genes for critical thinking and inquisitiveness? Those haven't been discovered yet.

Can you elaborate on what you state are his false claims about UFOs? I would like to know why you know he is making false claims.

https://time.com/4270484/aaron-rodgers-ufo-aliens/
Anarchistbear
BearoutEast67 said:

Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Rodgers is one of the more popular players in the NFl. He makes $12 million a year in endorsements, his jersey sales are second to Mahomes. He's future Hall of Fame and will earn a nice career after his playing days while being surrounded by beautiful humans. I really don't think you
have to worry that he's going to wind up in North Korea or arrested on multiple domestic violence or burglary charges.

Cal88
philly1121 said:

Quote:

What this quote doesn't tell you is that there are 40,000-50,000 professional soccer players in Europe, that is the population size here!

The fact that they have only had 35 cardiac arrests over a period of 20 years, so less than two events per year in a population of 45,000 does in fact confirm my point about how rare these events have been before the introduction of the mRNA vaccines.

So according to the comprehensive study you have posted above, the odds of a heart attack event happening during a soccer game or training were of the order of 1 in 25,000, yet we have seen over a dozen of these since the introduction of the mRNA vaccines, and most of these occurring in the top leagues.
Lets Go Brandon
Anarchistbear said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Rodgers is one of the more popular players in the NFl. He makes $12 million a year in endorsements, his jersey sales are second to Mahomes. He's future Hall of Fame and will earn a nice career after his playing days while being surrounded by beautiful humans. I really don't think you
have to worry that he's going to wind up in North Korea or arrested on multiple domestic violence or burglary charges.
It's not enough. He must conform to the liberal majority's thoughts. Only then will they accept him.
bear2034
BearoutEast67 said:

Aliens or demons?
bearister
Jets' mess REVEALED: Aaron Rodgers 'served as de facto GM'

https://mol.im/a/13028579
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
bearister said:

Sounds like the Jets made Hackett O.C. to get Rodgers to agree to be traded to them, and then Hackett was a terrible O.C. without Rodgers as QB (because he got hurt first game). It also appears that Jets suffered serious injuries on their offensive line which may have contributed to the issue. Rodgers wanted the Jets to trade for a Left Tackle, but they were unable to do so. Interesting stuff.
Cal88
bearister said:

The Jets were a bigger mess before Rodgers's arrival

Year
Record

7-10-0

4-13-0

2-14-0
sycasey
Yeah, it's not like the Jets had a good offense before any of AR's recommended moves.
wc22
So Rodgers as a "defacto GM" was about as good as the leadership they had prior? That is pretty good. There was no reason to think Aaron would make a good GM but he did just as good as the previous experts.
oski003
wc22 said:

So Rodgers as a "defacto GM" was about as good as the leadership they had prior? That is pretty good. There was no reason to think Aaron would make a good GM but he did just as good as the previous experts.

2-14 to 7-10 gets you a 10 year extension with a 100% buyout at Cal. . Extend GM Rodgers!
Cal88
wc22 said:

Technically, Rodgers as a GM was operating without the team's franchise player, himself, they've played their entire season with a 2nd string QB.
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Cal88 said:

BearoutEast67 said:

Rodgers could be the kind of guy who dies young jumping off cliffs into shark infested waters in some foreign location nobody ever heard of while on a drug fueled spiritual quest to find true life.
okaydo
BearSD
Go Bears?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.