US Inflation - it could be worse

89,941 Views | 1312 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by movielover
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

A garden "trowel" is such a dangerous weapon???

Just stop.
You're embarrassing yourself.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

There were a TOTAL OF 5 OFFICERS on SCENE.
Only two used their weapons. The one's who were not trained in mental health issues.
One was a female rookie on the force for only one year.

I've watched motorcycle cops in their helmet and body armor subdue violent pit-bulls for crying out loud.

The kid was maybe 150 lbs max dripping wet.

This pic is from 5 years before the incident. As you should know, schizophrenics are just as dangerous as non-schizophrenics.

Who cares when the photo was taken?
How does that matter?

Because he didn't attack the cops coming out of a time machine. Do you see any Delorians in the photo?

You just cant help yourself can you?

I simply posted a photo of he and his family on his graduation day from Las Lomas High.
I did so to provide some personalized context to the deceased given that some here just see him as just another "out of control" violent black youth . . . and that's putting it mildly given the comments posted in that same You Tube video.

But leave it to you to "spin" it into something that it isnt.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

A garden "trowel" is such a dangerous weapon???

Just stop.
You're embarrassing yourself.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

There were a TOTAL OF 5 OFFICERS on SCENE.
Only two used their weapons. The one's who were not trained in mental health issues.
One was a female rookie on the force for only one year.

I've watched motorcycle cops in their helmet and body armor subdue violent pit-bulls for crying out loud.

The kid was maybe 150 lbs max dripping wet.

This pic is from 5 years before the incident. As you should know, schizophrenics are just as dangerous as non-schizophrenics.

Who cares when the photo was taken?
How does that matter?

Because he didn't attack the cops coming out of a time machine. Do you see any Delorians in the photo?

You just cant help yourself can you?

I simply posted a photo of he and his family on his graduation day from Las Lomas High.
I did so to provide some personalized context to the deceased given that some here just see him as just another "out of control" violent black youth . . . and that's putting it mildly given the comments posted in that same You Tube video.

But leave it to you to "spin" it into something that it isnt.

. If you think I am the one spinning a narrative here by correcting your obvious, ignorant falsehoods, then you are crazier and even less self aware than I thought. This is not worth further discussion.
DiabloWags
And yet here you are still talking about it.
And deflecting as usual.

Fact: Miles Hall was from a middle class family in Walnut Creek

Fact: Miles Hall was a graduate of Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek

None of those statements or that photo is promoting the "ignorant falsehood" that you delusionaly claim.

You have zero credibility here.
You've already proven that when you "welched" on a bet with Unit2 that was made on your terms.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

And deflecting as usual.

None of those statements or that photo is false.

You've already proven that when you "welched" on a bet with Unit2 that was made on your terms.

It is adorable that you still don't know the meaning of the word welch. Toodles.
movielover
This sad scenario reminds me of the time the petite policecwoman / grandmother was moving a hardened violent criminal in the southern US, possibly Georgia. He looked like an NFL linebacker. He got out of his cuffs and killed the officer. A 6'2", 235# police officer has a far better chance of survival on thascenario.

Look at who the free market hires as bouncers. Former wrestlers and football players, often disproportionately Tongan or Somoan. Hiring wrestlers is a great strategy. Take them to the ground and immobilize the threat.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

And deflecting as usual.

It is adorable that you still don't know the meaning of the word welch. Toodles.

Wrong again.
I know exactly what it means and so does everyone else here.

movielover
Are you charging him rent for living in his head?
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

And deflecting as usual.

Wrong again.

You are still 100% wrong, and it is cute. You try so hard. Get some sleep. It is after 5 pm.
DiabloWags
Cool story bro.

Hahahahahhahahaaaaa!

osko003 said:

Child goes to the ER or hospital during the week of Halloween caused by ingesting fentanyl disguised as candy. I will take that bet.

Unit2sucks said:

Sure, I'll take this bet. Just so we are clear - it needs to come from trick or treating.

One of us will be self-banished forever from OT.

And nearly 4.5 hours LATER this is your response:

oski003 said:

Since no response and I am being goaded into something I never intended in the first place, I am going to back out of this.

Republicans gonna Republican - Page 7 | Bear Insider

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.

Hahahahahhahahaaaaa!

osko003 said:

Child goes to the ER or hospital during the week of Halloween caused by ingesting fentanyl disguised as candy. I will take that bet.

Unit2sucks said:

Sure, I'll take this bet. Just so we are clear - it needs to come from trick or treating.

One of us will be self-banished forever from OT.

And nearly 4.5 hours LATER this is your response:

oski003 said:

Since no response and I am being goaded into something I never intended in the first place, I am going to back out of this.

Republicans gonna Republican - Page 7 | Bear Insider

Because you have trolled on this in multiple threads and are still doing so months later, this was my original statement prior to any discussion of betting

"I can assure you that most republican parents aren't afraid of a massive amount of fentanyl pills in a bulk Whoppers box as your picture indicates, which I believe is from a smuggler. Rather, parents are generally concerned because just a tiny bit of fentanyl can kill someone and fentanyl is being made to look like candy. It is that combination that makes it simply something to be weary of in your community, especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers and is around everywhere. I definitely agree it is nothing to be hysterical about. It sounds like you have a hysterical family."

You were heavily invested in the outcome of the best that never happened because you wanted someone who calls out your ignorant bullying to be gone from BI. Well, it didn't happen. Unit2 wanted a condition that made the bet harder for me to win on. I said no. Simple as that. It is remarkable that you have such a grasp on all this despite bragging multiple times before and after this bet that never happened about how you have me on ignore. You are pathetic.
DiabloWags

You still here bro?

I guess when you say "toodles" that doesnt mean anything either.
Just like welching on a bet.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

You still here bro?

I guess when you say "toodles" that doesnt mean anything either.
Just like welching on a bet.

Toodles.
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

And deflecting as usual.

Wrong again.

The real takeaway is that 003 doesn't believe anything he posts. Just here to take pointless and arbitrary contrarian positions. He wasn't actually dumb enough to believe the BS he posted about fentanyl and Halloween candy but he felt compelled to post it anyway.

And to be clear everyone can see that I won the bet and that the whole notion of Halloween fentanyl candy was a hoax perpetrated by GOPers like 003 to influence the election. And it failed miserably.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

And deflecting as usual.

Wrong again.

The real takeaway is that 003 doesn't believe anything he posts. Just here to take pointless and arbitrary contrarian positions. He wasn't actually dumb enough to believe the BS he posted about fentanyl and Halloween candy but he felt compelled to post it anyway.

And to be clear everyone can see that I won the bet and that the whole notion of Halloween fentanyl candy was a hoax perpetrated by GOPers like 003 to influence the election. And it failed miserably.

"I can assure you that most republican parents aren't afraid of a massive amount of fentanyl pills in a bulk Whoppers box as your picture indicates, which I believe is from a smuggler. Rather, parents are generally concerned because just a tiny bit of fentanyl can kill someone and fentanyl is being made to look like candy. It is that combination that makes it simply something to be weary of in your community, especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers and is around everywhere. I definitely agree it is nothing to be hysterical about. It sounds like you have a hysterical family."

I would have likely lost the bet if I had made it, so I am glad I didn't. It is okay to admit you are wrong about something. You are wrong quite a bit. Diablo is as well. Just because I don't stubbornly crusade for a political party, it doesn't make me not believe what I post. You and Diablo are very hung up about this. Diablo can't even admit he is wrong when facts punch him in the face.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

I would have likely lost the bet if I had made it, so I am glad I didn't. It is okay to admit you are wrong about something. You are wrong quite a bit. Diablo is as well. Just because I don't stubbornly crusade for a political party, it doesn't make me not believe what I post. You and Diablo are very hung up about this. Diablo can't even admit he is wrong when facts punch him in the face.

Speaking of facts that punch you in the face . . .

1.) You did make a bet with Unit-2
2.) You made the terms of that bet.
3.) Unit-2 accepted your terms.
4.) His accepting of your terms made that bet binding.
4.) You reneged on that bet 4.5 hours later.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Speaking of facts that punch you in the face . . .

1.) You did make a bet with Unit-2
2.) You made the terms of that bet.
3.) Unit-2 accepted your terms.
4.) His accepting of your terms made that bet binding.
4.) You reneged on that bet 4.5 hours later.

Unit2 never accepted the offered terms. What is wrong with you? Perhaps, you'd have a better timeline if you weren't ignoring everyone.
DiabloWags
Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

Republicans gonna Republican - Page 5 | Bear Insider
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

Thank you for the nice pictures. I suppose when Unit2 said that he was good with my unaltered proposal, after I withdrew the bet, I could have then accepted the offer. I didn't, and the rest is history. Please try to be less of a lying asshile today then you were yesterday.

For the record, there were only like 3 stories involving drugs and candy right after Halloween. One was some cheerleader giving another cheerleader laced candy, and she got sick and suspended from school (thc?). Another was a couple giving out thc laced candy and 2 kids went to the hospital. The third was actual fentanyl in Halloween candy but it looked more like gem chips then processed candy.

There was a reason I didn't want the candy to have to specifically proven to come from trick or treating, which was a condition Unit2 wanted. For one thing, my original post was this...

Fentanyl is very dangerous and very serious. It is something to be concerned about, especially around Halloween, when all this candy is circling around. That is all. I have young kids. I made sure the candy they ate came from sealed packing, and I don't even watch Fox news.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

Thank you for the nice pictures. I suppose when Unit2 said that he was good with my unaltered proposal, after I withdrew the bet, I could have then accepted the offer. I didn't, and the rest is history. Please try to be less of a lying asshile today then you were yesterday.

For the record, there were only like 3 stories involving drugs and candy right after Halloween. One was some cheerleader giving another cheerleader laced candy, and she got sick and suspended from school (thc?). Another was a couple giving out thc laced candy and 2 kids went to the hospital. The third was actual fentanyl in Halloween candy but it looked more like gem chips then processed candy.

There was a reason I didn't want the candy to have to specifically proven to come from trick or treating, which was a condition Unit2 wanted. For one thing, my original post was this...

Fentanyl is very dangerous and very serious. It is something to be concerned about, especially around Halloween, when all this candy is circling around. That is all. I have young kids. I made sure the candy they ate came from sealed packing, and I don't even watch Fox news.
Your original post was a link to a DEA press release about smuggled fentanyl along with the following comment "For those unaware of the reality of fentanyl making its way to children."

You were part of the brigade of GOPers trying to pretend like there was any connection between halloween and fentanyl disguised as candy which is why you followed up with the dumb response you posted above ("t is that combination that makes it simply something to be weary of in your community, especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers and is around everywhere").

As I stated, and as proven by the bet I won, fentanyl disguised as candy by smugglers or fentanyl shaped like candy to target young adults and adolescents, did not in any way increase any risk to young children trick or treating. The hysteria pushed by the GOP was intended to help their party in the midterms. Here's a few examples from Fox News (1, 2).

It was always a hoax and you either fell for it or amplified it, depending on how charitable people want to be.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

Your original post was a link to a DEA press release about smuggled fentanyl along with the following comment "For those unaware of the reality of fentanyl making its way to children."

You were part of the brigade of GOPers trying to pretend like there was any connection between halloween and fentanyl disguised as candy which is why you followed up with the dumb response you posted above ("t is that combination that makes it simply something to be weary of in your community, especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers and is around everywhere").

As I stated, and as proven by the bet I won, fentanyl disguised as candy by smugglers or fentanyl shaped like candy to target young adults and adolescents, did not in any way increase any risk to young children trick or treating. The hysteria pushed by the GOP was intended to help their party in the midterms. Here's a few examples from Fox News (1, 2).

It was always a hoax and you either fell for it or amplified it, depending on how charitable people want to be.

I don't have the exposure that you do to your crazy Fox News family. Most of my friends and family lean left, and I live in a liberal area. I don't watch Fox News. Don't project the issues you have with people like your family into my posts. Fentanyl is a real threat to the youth of today. Did Fox News amplify the threat to sway people to vote Republican, perhaps they did, but I wasn't part of that or really aware of it. Yes, you would have likely won the bet, and we can leave it at that.
bearister
Raimondo channels CEOs' case for holiday cheer

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/23/raimondo-ceos-holiday-cheer
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

I don't have the exposure that you do to your crazy Fox News family. Most of my friends and family lean left, and I live in a liberal area. I don't watch Fox News. Don't project the issues you have with people like your family into my posts. Fentanyl is a real threat to the youth of today. Did Fox News amplify the threat to sway people to vote Republican, perhaps they did, but I wasn't part of that or really aware of it. Yes, you would have likely won the bet, and we can leave it at that.

Fentanyl is a threat and it's very important that teenagers and young adults are aware of how dangerous it is. I know people that still do party drugs and I warn all of them that they are playing Russian roulette because they never know when they might be exposed to fentanyl.

But this is not a Halloween threat in any way whatsoever and it never was. That whole nonsense was a craven ploy by the GOP to help win an election like many a caravan before it and all of the other made up October surprises. You played into that nonsense and I offered up the bet to show how ridiculous the entire notion was. Don't fall for GOP BS.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

Fentanyl is a threat and it's very important that teenagers and young adults are aware of how dangerous it is. I know people that still do party drugs and I warn all of them that they are playing Russian roulette because they never know when they might be exposed to fentanyl.

But this is not a Halloween threat in any way whatsoever and it never was. That whole nonsense was a craven ploy by the GOP to help win an election like many a caravan before it and all of the other made up October surprises. You played into that nonsense and I offered up the bet to show how ridiculous the entire notion was. Don't fall for GOP BS.

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

You continue to pretend like you didn't fall for and amplify propaganda. Everyone who was here could read all of the posts on the topic and there is no need for you to pretend like this one post can be taken out of context to absolve you.

You accepted a bet because you fell for it. Just try to be less gullible in the future.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

You continue to pretend like you didn't fall for and amplify propaganda. Everyone who was here could read all of the posts on the topic and there is no need for you to pretend like this one post can be taken out of context to absolve you.

You accepted a bet because you fell for it. Just try to be less gullible in the future.

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

"Especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers" says the gullible victim and amplifier of propaganda.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story bro.
You're LYING AGAIN.

"Especially during Halloween where candy is given out by strangers" says the gullible victim and amplifier of propaganda.

You can learn a lot from Disney.

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

He definitely fell for it.
And when he had realized it, it was too late.
You had already accepted his terms for the bet.

Being banned from posting here would kill him.
Absolutely kill him.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

He definitely fell for it.
And when he had realized it, it was too late.
You had already accepted his terms for the bet.

Being banned from posting here would kill him.
Absolutely kill him.

He accepted it with a condition that I wouldn't accept. Get a clue. Also, get over something posted in October. You continually post incorrect things to support whatever point you are making. Just this week, you called a 170+ athletic dude with a large crow bar a skinny 150 lb dude with a garden trowell, and couldn't even admit you were wrong or had any relevance to the topic. You are the Donald Trump of the Diablo Valley. You repeat lies over and over and over again to convince people of their truth. It is sad.
movielover
Trump exaggerates or embellishes. This guy has obsessions (like claims of racism) when he gets going, and then says flat out whacky things (trowel).

A rigid mind. He didn't like my answer for a potential reason the young man was tragically shot - affirmative action. I alluded to FBI statistics - when responding officers include African American men there are less negative consequences (shootings, deaths), but more when there are female officers.
DiabloWags
December CPI: 6.5%

Annual Core CPI eased to 5.7% from 6%

Problem is, inflation in non-energy SERVICE prices, which effects 56% of consumer budgets, still hasnt begun to subside. Core SERVICES prices rose 0.5% on the month and 7% from a year ago vs 6.8% in November.

Even sans shelter, SERVICES prices still rose 7.4% from a year ago.
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

Problem is, inflation in non-energy SERVICE prices, which effects 56% of consumer budgets, still hasnt begun to subside. Core SERVICES prices rose 0.5% on the month and 7% from a year ago vs 6.8% in November.

This is anecdotal, but the prices of things I regularly buy has skyrocketed. Before now there were some increases but they were small - on the order of 10% maybe. However prices of some items have gone up 50% or even doubled.

A 12 pack of Coke was ON SALE for $6.99 at Vons/Safeway. Price before was $5. The cat litter I usually buy went from $12.99 (or even less on sale) to $19.99. The cat food was $0.79 per can and is now $1.19. I feel like maybe California had been insulated a little bit because our prices were high to begin with, but not now.

Not to mention that the Southern California Gas Company sent a letter which said to expect the next bill to be DOUBLE the usual price. I thought utilities had long term contracts locked in such that they aren't buying on the spot market.

DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

DiabloWags said:

This is anecdotal, but the prices of things I regularly buy has skyrocketed. Before now there were some increases but they were small - on the order of 10% maybe. However prices of some items have gone up 50% or even doubled.

A 12 pack of Coke was ON SALE for $6.99 at Vons/Safeway. Price before was $5. The cat litter I usually buy went from $12.99 (or even less on sale) to $19.99. The cat food was $0.79 per can and is now $1.19. I feel like maybe California had been insulated a little bit because our prices were high to begin with, but not now.

Not to mention that the Southern California Gas Company sent a letter which said to expect the next bill to be DOUBLE the usual price. I thought utilities had long term contracts locked in such that they aren't buying on the spot market.

Huh?

Ive actually noticed quite the opposite here in the East Bay Area recently.

After a a full year of not getting any Friskie's Wet Cat Food Cans (5.5 ounces), my local Safeway's are finally now getting some inventory. The same was happening at Petsmart. This started back in November of 2021 and continued for all of last year. 90% of the shelves were literally EMPTY. I've heard rumors that the cannery that Friskie's uses dumped their contract with them. I've also noticed that the prices for these cans have just started to come down from .80 cents per can to .76 cents at Petsmart. I believe they were around .60 cents two years ago.

The 20 lb. Arm & Hammer Kitty Litter goes for $11.99 at Safeway.
But I wait until they put it on Sale for $6.99 before I swoop in and buy 5 or 6 boxes.
The 40 lb. box is usually priced around $15.99

Produce is off the charts at Safeway and it is actually of pretty poor quality.
I buy all of my produce from Whole Foods.

About the only thing that I find truly mind-boggling is the price of Bruce Cost Ginger Ale from Brooklyn. The 4 - pack used to be priced at $6.99 a couple of years ago and it steadily rose all through the pandemic. Last time I checked, it was up to $9.49

My favorite Craft Beer (Henhouse IPA) from Sonoma has gone from $10.99 in the first year of the pandemic up to $12.49 last Summer and now $13.99 at Total Wine.& More. - - - It's $14.99 at Whole Foods.

The best deal by far at Whole Foods is the Del Popolo Margherita Pizza from their restaurant in San Francisco.

It's only $14.87 and its KILLER!

Unfortunately, it hasnt been delivered to my local Whole Foods for the last 2 weeks.
And nobody knows why.

That's probably been the most frustrating part of all of this.
When something is sold out and not re-stocked, no one has any idea when it will be re-stocked.

And last but not least, here is a fresh article on why Nat-Gas prices have skyrocketed in January in California.

The Core Procurement Gas Price (cents per therm) went from 105.329 in December to 344.892 in January.

Californians hit with outrageously high natural gas bills (ktla.com)

DiabloWags
PS. I dont drink soda anymore.
It started rotting my teeth in my 40's.

But Safeway has Pepsi 12 packs for sale at Safeway today for $4.49, but must buy 3.
dajo9
American Vermin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.