Kamala Harris for President

50,668 Views | 979 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiZery said:

Also when you say illegal immogrants. Is it illegal to claim asylum after crossing the border?

It absolutely should be. How many countries do these asylum seekers travel across before they find asylum here? It is silly. You should only be able to get asylum in neighboring countries, unless you can show those neighboring countries are especially hostile (a unique situation). The Biden administration gets an influx of "asylum seekers" mainly because they want to get in now before a real administration comes in and enforces the border.
oski003
MiZery said:

So why didn't Trump stop migrants from entering?

If the border is open - why are more and more people deported?

Less people invaded during the Trump administration versus now, during the weak Biden and Kamala administration.
concordtom
MiZery said:

Here is the table showing yearly deportations under the Trump and Biden administrations:

Tell me how the border is open? Deportations have increased since Biden took over.

Year Deportations (thousands)
2017 226
2018 256
2019 267
2020 186
2021 300
2022 315
2023 350
2024 (YTD) 250

MiZery
So somehow having more people crossing the border is the presidents fault? Not the fact that Covid devasted there countries economically causing more migrants? There has and will be a drop this year btw. There was never a drop under Trump.
concordtom
oski003 said:

MiZery said:

So why didn't Trump stop migrants from entering?

If the border is open - why are more and more people deported?

Less people invaded during the Trump administration versus now, during the weak Biden and Kamala administration.

Awww
You can be a winner, too.
Please provide address so we can mail you your prize t-shirt.

MiZery
So you're saying asylum seekers should be illegal. But I I asked you are they illegal now? You call them illegal immigramts

1) I'm asking you. Under what law are they here illegally?
2) there has been a record number of deportations under Biden. Does that sound like open borders?
3) there was mass migrations under Trump. Why did he not resolve it?
concordtom
MiZery said:

So somehow having more people crossing the border is the presidents fault? Not the fact that Covid devasted there countries economically causing more migrants? There has and will be a drop this year btw. There was never a drop under Trump.

I can make an argument it's the GOP's fault. They refuse to sign legislation to address the issue, and then advertise that the border is wide open because democrats refuse to take children as hostages.
concordtom
MiZery said:

So you're saying asylum seekers should be illegal. But I I asked you are they illegal now? You call them illegal immigramts

2) there has been a record number of deportations under Biden. Does that sound like open borders?

He did resolve it. He built a great big beautiful wall! Remember?
MiZery
Oh btw

https://americasvoice.org/blog/replacementinvasionreport/

Invasion is an interesting term

The leading forces of the Republican Party have embraced a set of racist conspiracy theories based on white nationalism as a central organizing principle for the midterm elections. The America's Voice ad tracking project has identified hundreds of pieces of political messaging that employ these lies around 'white replacement' and a 'migrant invasion.' This political messaging acts as the most pernicious element of a larger nativist political narrative to rally a radicalized base, solicit fundraising contributions and subvert American democracy.
MiZery
So the guy who wrote the article said border czar. As I said. Media

When did the Biden admin say border czar?
MiZery
Imagining having no life to create a burner account everyday to post crap

We have record low unemployment. Don't you have a job?
dajo9
3 Days Since Dem Coup said:

MiZery said:

So when was categorized as Border Czar by Biden?
The good news is that now we can safely ignore all of bearister's Axios stories since they are "fake news" now.

A story of liberal media hypocrisy in three parts.

Expect more of this as the folks who tried to gaslight you for five years that Joe Biden was mentally fit to be President try to gaslight you on Kamala being popular and not supporting every single one of Genocide Joe's trash agenda.

For a Republican lobbyist like Sean Davis, publishing a correction is incomprehensible. For him, publishing misinformation is the whole point.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
oski003
MiZery said:

Biden repealed Trump's executive orders that massively curbed illegal immigration.

Democrats fight against obstacles that make it harder to prevent people from entering the country.

Here is how it should go.

Where are you from?
Answer: Guatemala.
US: asylum denied. Next. Find a way to tag a person so they are known in the future.

Where are you from?
Answer: Mexico.
US: do you have any proof you are from Mexico?
Answer: No.
US: Asylum denied. Next. Find a way to tag a person so they are known in the future.

This works a lot better than letting people run right in and catching and releasing inside the country those we happen to stop. Most of these people don't qualify for asylum, even under loose rules that allows them to cross 5+ countries without seeking asylum there and seeking it here. They are here illegally. We hardly do anything about it, thus legitimizing it.
MiZery
I asked you 3 simple questions

1) I'm asking you. Under what law are they here illegally? Your claimed they are here illegally NOW.
MiZery
the 12 months after Title 42 ended, the Biden administration ramped up deportations under the standard U.S. immigration framework, Title 8, and removed or returned 775,000 unauthorized migrantsmore than in any previous fiscal year since 2010. From May 2023 through March 2024, 316,000 migrants were processed via expedited removal, more than in any prior full fiscal year. And for the first time since FY 2010, in FY 2023 more migrants were returned directly across the border, mostly to Mexico, than were removed from the U.S. interior. Whereas President Barack Obama was labeled by some as the "deporter in chief," this new trend may earn President Joe Biden the title of "returner in chief." Notably, authorities have deported migrants to more than 170 countries during the current administration, which may be the most ever.
MiZery
I'll ask again

So the guy who wrote the article said border czar. As I said. Media. It is Axios.

When did the Biden admin say border czar?
MiZery
You forgot this question

What's your skin color? You're basically trying to outlaw all asylum seekers

There was plenty of asylum seekers under Trump.

Year,Encounters (millions)
oski003
MiZery said:

I asked you 3 simple questions

1) I'm asking you. Under what law are they here illegally? Your claimed they are here illegally NOW.

1 was answered. They are only technically legal because no resources can actually monitor their status with the current directives. 2 is irrelevant to our conversation. 3 was answered. The Biden Kamala administration unburdened the illegal immigrants by what has been.
oski003
MiZery said:

You forgot this question

What's your skin color? You're basically trying to outlaw all asylum seekers

What you call an asylum system should be outlawed. A real asylum system shouldn't. My skin color is irrelevant. Qualified vetted folks of all skin colors should come here. We should all intermingle and have babies and all roughly be one race.
MiZery
So you call them illegal immigrants but just admitted they are technical here legally? I feel sorry for any Hispanics in your family

MiZery
It very much is relevant. YoU claim Biden has opened borders. But he has a record number of deportations. More than Trump

Does that sound like open borders? Does the number ornate migrants flow into tin country not reflect the conditions of countries that are fleeing?

All asylum seekers are vetted here. In fact they commit less crimes than American Born citizens.
oski003
MiZery said:

So you call them illegal immigrants but just admitted they are technical here legally? I feel sorry for any Hispanics in your family

I get along very well with the Hispanics in my family. Thank you. I don't have any illegal Hispanics in my family.
MiZery
I asked you

So you call them illegal immigrants but just admitted they are technical here legally?
oski003
MiZery said:

It very much is relevant. YoU claim Biden has opened borders. But he has a record number of deportations. More than Trump

Does that sound like open borders? Does the number ornate migrants flow into tin country not reflect the conditions of countries that are fleeing?

I don't recall specifically using the term open borders in this conversation. Nice cross-examination. Next time check your facts.
oski003
MiZery said:

I asked you

So you call them illegal immigrants but just admitted they are technical here legally?

Asked and answered.
MiZery
Your people do
But alas okay. You might not have used the term open borders

But you imply that current admin isn't doing anything about the uborder border

That's not what this says

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/biden-deportation-record

MiZery
You yourself said they are technically here legally. Why do you insists you using the term illegal immigrant. When you just said they are here legally

MiZery
Did he say border czar? It's a simple question

Vice President Kamala Harris was designated by President Joe Biden to lead efforts to address the root causes of migration from Central America to the United States. This role involved addressing issues such as economic instability, violence, and corruption in countries like Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador

Where does it say she's on charge of the border?

oski003
MiZery said:

Your people do
But alas okay. You might not have used the term open borders

But you imply that current admin isn't doing anything about the uborder border

That's not what this says

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/biden-deportation-record

When someone is going 100 mph and no cops write them up for tickets, are they driving illegally? That is basically what is happening here. Thanks.
MiZery
That might be the stupidest analogy I have ever seen. Speeding tickets are generally traffic infractions, meaning they aren't considered crimes

Asylum seekers is not considered illegal in the United States. If you want to claim they are illegal that is your prerogative. But that is not what us law says

(a)Authority to apply for asylum
(1)In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

But you will like this part: I thought he wasnt doing anything?

In early June, Biden issued an emergency proclamation and rule barring most migrants arriving without authorization from applying for asylum, citing a lack of processing capacity
MiZery
so he never said border czar? Got it. Another made up term from the MAGA echo chamber

Vice President Kamala Harris was designated by President Joe Biden to lead efforts to address the root causes of migration from Central America to the United States. This role involved addressing issues such as economic instability, violence, and corruption in countries like Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador

These changes are not overnight. She has made trips to South America to help with this. But nothing about reducing the number of border crossing NOW.
oski003
MiZery said:

That might be the stupidest analogy I have ever seen. Speeding tickets are generally traffic infractions, meaning they aren't considered crimes

Asylum seekers is not considered illegal in the United States. If you want to claim they are illegal that is your prerogative. But that is not what us law says

(a)Authority to apply for asylum
(1)In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

Most don't qualify under section 1225(b) of this title, and they know it. They are here illegally, just like the drivers who speed illegally, even if there isn't a cop there to catch them. Thanks again.
MiZery
so he never said border czar? Got it. Another made up term from the MAGA echo chamber

These changes are not overnight. She has made trips to South America to help with this. But nothing about reducing the number of border crossing NOW.

Who is being intellectual dishonest now?
MiZery
How do they not qualify? How do you know 'Most'?

Here let me summarize for you:

• Immigration and Nationality Act (INA):
    • Section 208(a)(1) of the INA: This section of the INA codifies the right of individuals to apply for asylum, stating: "Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum."
    https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10816. Literally the first paragraph.

• International Law:
    • The United States is a signatory to the 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees, which incorporates the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees. These international agreements establish the right to seek asylum from persecution in other countries.
  • MiZery
    Oh and btw. Doesn't look like a lack of action right?

The Biden-Harris Administration's executive actions will:

Bar Migrants Who Cross the Southern Border Unlawfully From Receiving Asylum
    • President Biden issued a proclamation under Immigration and Nationality Act sections 212(f) and 215(a) suspending entry of noncitizens who cross the Southern border into the United States unlawfully. This proclamation is accompanied by an interim final rule from the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security that restricts asylum for those noncitizens.
    • These actions will be in effect when the Southern border is overwhelmed, and they will make it easier for immigration officers to quickly remove individuals who do not have a legal basis to remain in the United States.
    • These actions are not permanent. They will be discontinued when the number of migrants who cross the border between ports of entry is low enough for America's system to safely and effectively manage border operations. These actions also include similar humanitarian exceptions to those included in the bipartisan border agreement announced in the Senate, including those for unaccompanied children and victims of trafficking.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.