Kamala Harris for President

50,628 Views | 979 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bearister
BearGoggles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

Doug Emhoff impregnated his nanny.

I think this election is going to be all about voter turnout.

This has been true for the last 20 years when the country has been basically evenly divided. Thank you captain obvious.

Voter enthusiasm for their candidate (or hate of the other candidate) drives turnout. Also $$ helps when it comes to election day turnout drives and more questionable acts like ballot harvesting.

Like it or not, Trump has a very motivated base that blindly supports him. Independents are also trending toward trump.

In stark contrast, there is no real enthusiasm for Biden or Harris - Harris may be the dumbest and least qualified candidate in the history of the republic. The media is trying hard to pump her up, but she is utterly uninspiring and until recently was being hidden awa. So instead the dems have focused on getting their base to hate trump, often with lies about Project 2025 and abortion rights. It worked in 2022 (when Trump wasn't even on the ballot). We shall see this year.

There is a reason Harris has emerged from protective custody to do more media. And that reason is because her people think she's losing. It is clearly not because her people think she's great with media.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

This has been true for the last 20 years when the country has been basically evenly divided. Thank you captain obvious.

Voter enthusiasm for their candidate (or hate of the other candidate) drives turnout. Also $$ helps when it comes to election day turnout drives and more questionable acts like ballot harvesting.

Like it or not, Trump has a very motivated base that blindly supports him. Independents are also trending toward trump.

In stark contrast, there is no real enthusiasm for Biden or Harris - Harris may be the dumbest and least qualified candidate in the history of the republic. The media is trying hard to pump her up, but she is utterly uninspiring and until recently was being hidden awa. So instead the dems have focused on getting their base to hate trump, often with lies about Project 2025 and abortion rights. It worked in 2022 (when Trump wasn't even on the ballot). We shall see this year.

There is a reason Harris has emerged from protective custody to do more media. And that reason is because her people think she's losing. It is clearly not because her people think she's great with media.

You are in a bubble
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

bear2034
bearister said:

David Muir: "Who do you want to win the Ukraine War?"
tRump: "I want the war over."

That is the correct answer since different people have different answers to what "winning" is.
bear2034

Of course, Kamala wouldn't do anything different from Biden. Both Biden and Kamala are puppets. But who are the puppet masters?
Cal88
bearister said:

That is the right answer, no question about it.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Trump wants the war over even if it means giving Russia everything they want.

Cal88
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Trump wants the war over even if it means giving Russia everything they want.

More importantly, it means giving what the people of Ukraine really want, an end to the war and no more forced conscription of hapless middle-aged men on the streets by the tens of thousands, men whose average lifespan on the front is one week.

Ukraine is being led by a coalition of radical nationalists and corrupt politicians who want to keep the war going to the last Ukrainian, either for ideological or financial reasons.

Sooner or later, this is how it is going to end anyway, the Russians are going to get what they want. Nearly one million dead already, high time for this mass slaughter to stop. People who want to keep this going hate Russia more than they love Ukraine (hello Nuland, Graham and co).

Trump is at least as bad as Biden/Kamala on Gaza, I'll give you that, but he's clearly better on Ukraine.
Zippergate
No one is stopping you and your kids from going over there and fighting.
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

You are in a bubble
Yes, someone with my political views but participating on this far left leaning board is definitely in a bubble. Clearly on this website I don't have exposure to views different than my own.

Speaking of bubbles, which conservative leaning websites do you actively read and post in? I'll wait.

You are truly amazing.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

Harris may be the dumbest and least qualified candidate in the history of the republic.

This is an amazing thing to say, given who her opponent is. Literally the only person to win the Presidency after zero years in public service.
bear2034
sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

Harris may be the dumbest and least qualified candidate in the history of the republic.

This is an amazing thing to say, given who her opponent is. Literally the only person to win the Presidency after zero years in public service.

Trump has 4 years of public service as president and won his party's nomination 3 times. Kamala never won her own party's primary once.
Big C
BearGoggles said:

Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

BearGoggles, even though you may not actually have respect for me, you might show some, even just for politeness' sake, by capitalizing my name. Have I ever called you "beargoggles"?

True, some of Trump's base is more fervent, but counteracting that is the fact that Harris' more educated base might be more likely to vote than the "non-college-educated" masses that make up Trump's following*. And while some Trump supporters are very enthusiastic, the rally-goers we see, and their ilk, only account for a small percentage of those who will vote for him. Which gets back to Captain Obvious' point about voter turnout.

"Harris may be the dumbest and least qualified candidate in the history of the republic." Seriously?!? What were Trump's qualifications in 2016? And while Harris may not be the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree, Trump -- who I actually think has a certain genius -- has sounded lately like the schoolyard bully who is getting all F's. Dumb? Be honest, how do you like Trump's tarriff ideas? So maybe you are lashing out in frustration. In any event, that sucking sound we hear is your credibility rushing out the window, based on that one sentence alone.

- Captain Obvious

* When a candidate's support among the educated steadily erodes over eight years, does that perhaps tell us something? Hmmm...
82gradDLSdad
BearGoggles, even though you may not actually have respect for me, you might show some, even just for politeness' sake, by capitalizing my name. Have I ever called you "beargoggles"?

You should have stopped here.
Perfect.

I skimmed the rest and the "support from intelligent people" hit a nerve with me. I hear from too many these days and it makes me question my lifelong views of their intelligence...and mine. I really don't need any more of that type of internal reflection after a couple years of forced introspection in my trips to seizureville. You're still one of my favorites here so all good.
sycasey
bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

BearGoggles said:

Trump has 4 years of public service as president and won his party's nomination 3 times. Kamala never won her own party's primary once.

And in 2016 he had zero years of public service.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

You are in a bubble
Yes, someone with my political views but participating on this far left leaning board is definitely in a bubble. Clearly on this website I don't have exposure to views different than my own.

Speaking of bubbles, which conservative leaning websites do you actively read and post in? I'll wait.

You are truly amazing.
First, this is a far right leaning board. The vast majority of posts on this site are from the far right. movielover and bearforce probably post more on this board than everybody from the left combined. Also, if you just add up individuals there are probably more regular posters from the right than the left. This measure would be closer, but in terms of posts, the right has it by an easy margin.

Second, this board doesn't reflect anybody's presence inside or outside a real world bubble. This board is a bubble of its own. A stupid, vacuous, bubble.

Third, you made conjecture about Vice President Harris and her supporters. So the question is your bubble. When I make conjecture about Donold and his supporters, go ahead and challenge my bubble-ness then. Here is what you said:

Quote:

Here are democratic voters driving a surge in enthusiasm since Vice President Harris became the nominee. Note, this change in enthusiasm is not driven by Donold, who has been a constant. It is driven by Vice President Harris since she replaced President Bideon on the ticket.
https://www.axios.com/2024/08/31/voting-enthusiasm-presidential-election

Quote:

Americans, driven by a Democratic surge, are the most enthusiastic about the presidential election in 24 years of Gallup polling.
I know you are in a bubble because you say things like "until recently (she) was being hidden awa". You believe things like that partly because you are not getting the full story from your chosen news sources and partly because that is the narrative corporate news wants to present as they minimize her coverage and focus on Donold all day, every day.

Here is a list of just some bigger audience recent events. There are more events of course. The media doesn't cover any of it much, unlike the other guy.

September 19, Oprah Winfrey livestream

September 20 rally in Madison, WI speaking to 10k. Check out the big, enthusiastic crowd.

September 25, speech on economic vision in Pittsburgh, with little coverage from the media

September 30th in Las Vegas, check out the big, enthusiastic crowd

October 3rd receiving endorsement from Republican Liz Cheney
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/liz-cheney-hits-trail-kamala-harris-republican-party-wisconsin-rcna173713

October 5th in Flint, MI, check out the big, enthusiastic crowd.

I believe Phoenix is coming up. Will you hear about it?

MAGA
82gradDLSdad
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Big C said:

Holocaust Harris said:

bear2034 said:

You are in a bubble

You are truly amazing.
First, this is a far right leaning board. The vast majority of posts on this site are from the far right. movielover and bearforce probably post more on this board than everybody from the left combined. Also, if you just add up individuals there are probably more regular posters from the right than the left. This measure would be closer, but in terms of posts, the right has it by an easy margin.

Second, this board doesn't reflect anybody's presence inside or outside a real world bubble. This board is a bubble of its own. A stupid, vacuous, bubble.

Third, you made conjecture about Vice President Harris and her supporters. So the question is your bubble. When I make conjecture about Donold and his supporters, go ahead and challenge my bubble-ness then. Here is what you said:

Quote:

Here are democratic voters driving a surge in enthusiasm since Vice President Harris became the nominee. Note, this change in enthusiasm is not driven by Donold, who has been a constant. It is driven by Vice President Harris since she replaced President Bideon on the ticket.
https://www.axios.com/2024/08/31/voting-enthusiasm-presidential-election

Quote:

Americans, driven by a Democratic surge, are the most enthusiastic about the presidential election in 24 years of Gallup polling.
I know you are in a bubble because you say things like "until recently (she) was being hidden awa". You believe things like that partly because you are not getting the full story from your chosen news sources and partly because that is the narrative corporate news wants to present as they minimize her coverage and focus on Donold all day, every day.

Here is a list of just some bigger audience recent events. There are more events of course. The media doesn't cover any of it much, unlike the other guy.

September 19, Oprah Winfrey livestream

September 20 rally in Madison, WI speaking to 10k. Check out the big, enthusiastic crowd.

September 25, speech on economic vision in Pittsburgh, with little coverage from the media

September 30th in Las Vegas, check out the big, enthusiastic crowd

October 3rd receiving endorsement from Republican Liz Cheney
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/liz-cheney-hits-trail-kamala-harris-republican-party-wisconsin-rcna173713

October 5th in Flint, MI, check out the big, enthusiastic crowd.

I believe Phoenix is coming up. Will you hear about it?

Far right board?????
sycasey
I think most of the posters here are centrist or left of center . . . but the right-wingers sure make up for it with posting volume in OT.
tequila4kapp
Deep Throat said:

She has a history of being rejected by voters nationally.

She's in a tough spot - can't run against her own administration's record, can't run on it; she had very little time to organize a campaign.

At least in my area and where I've visited (ie, viewed her ads in more than 1 location) her campaign boils down to two things: 1) Abortion; 2) Donald Trump is evil. Time will tell but I think that ultimately only gets you so far...I suspect that's shy she has a ceiling in the polls.

Flip side, no politician has ever been as hated as Trump.
82gradDLSdad
"...rejected..." and "...most hated...". How on earth did we end up with these two. The machine is officially and eternally broken. Time for an AI president???
bear2034
sycasey said:

I think most of the posters here are centrist or left of center . . . but the right-wingers sure make up for it with posting volume in OT.

I think most posters who are centrist ended up on the right because the left shifted far left. The centrists didn't shift, the left did.

82gradDLSdad
bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

I think most posters who are centrist ended up on the right because the left shifted far left. The centrists didn't shift, the left did.

This is Bill Mahr's contention.
tequila4kapp
100% agree re the move left. I have lived in Blue cities/states my whole life...things are different on that side of the isle.

On the other side I am not sure what being Conservative even means anymore; Trump / America First has muddled it all up. Protectionism, massive government spending, tariffs, certain foreign policy items...this isn't Reagan's party anymore.
bearister
bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

Elon doing some projecting. tRump labels all opponents Far Left Radicals.

"I think most posters who are centrist ended up on the right…"

Wrong. The Right is too stupid and believes in too many conspiracy theories to ever attract a moderate. A moderate is intelligent enough to realizes that the extremes are equally evil.
bearister
tRump has talk up the alleged Black vote he is going to get because he thinks it will help legitimize the 85 to 90M "votes" he is going to board.
dimitrig

Not Donald Trump is a good enough reason to vote for her for me.

bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

100% agree re the move left. I have lived in Blue cities/states my whole life...things are different on that side of the isle.

On the other side I am not sure what being Conservative even means anymore; Trump / America First has muddled it all up. Protectionism, massive government spending, tariffs, certain foreign policy items...this isn't Reagan's party anymore.

You might not get everything you want with your pick, but one side still believes in the 1st amendment, 2nd amendment, sovereign borders, and no new wars.
bear2034
bearister said:

tRump has talk up the alleged Black vote he is going to get because he thinks it will help legitimize the 85 to 90M "votes" he is going to board.

Obama is trying but it's tough to convince black males to vote for Kamala?
bear2034
dimitrig said:

I think this has always been the Kamala campaign's main message.
bear2034
82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

I've seen this same tweet posted by Elon Musk, Scott Adams, and Ben Shapiro.
bear2034
bearister said:

bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

Elon doing some projecting. tRump labels all opponents Far Left Radicals.

"I think most posters who are centrist ended up on the right…"

Wrong. The Right is too stupid and believes in too many conspiracy theories to ever attract a moderate. A moderate is intelligent enough to realizes that the extremes are equally evil.

One thing I always found interesting is the far left dislikes being labeled, "extreme". Why not embrace the label? They believe men can be women and can get pregnant.
Big C
bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

I think this has always been the Kamala campaign's main message.

So you admit she has a message!!!
dajo9
Here is some more copium for our bubble friends. Harris spoke to a big, energized 7k+ in AZ yesterday.
https://www.threads.net/@kamalahq/post/DA9yU8AKOC7?xmt=AQGzxUGOQzeFuB3Tiq74vHQeNmGKDCmIrBsfwv3qEdn9EQ
MAGA
dimitrig
bear2034 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

I've seen this same tweet posted by Elon Musk, Scott Adams, and Ben Shapiro.

I posted this earlier but if the left has moved farther left ideologically then why are the likes of George Bush and Dick Cheney endorsing Kamala? Why is McCain, who was the GOP Presidential nominee perceived as a RINO villain? Why was Kevin McCarthy ousted as Speaker?

No, it is the GOP that shifted far right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.