Kamala Harris for President

50,599 Views | 979 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bearister
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

movielover said:

Harris camp and DNC must be panicking since Obama is talking down to the broth-as.
Hitting the board with some more racism, eh lover?

Barack Obama scolding the "brothas", his language. Yes, some said its racist.
dajo9
More Vice President Harris big crowd energy for our bubble friends
https://www.threads.net/@trishregankopp/post/DBFMQwSBtnR?xmt=AQGz6ClhCLz60MNYo2fD99N6NEkBVtgdcVxiFZ1MvcC66w
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Cal88
calpoly said:

tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

I think most of the posters here are centrist or left of center . . . but the right-wingers sure make up for it with posting volume in OT.

I think most posters who are centrist ended up on the right because the left shifted far left. The centrists didn't shift, the left did.

This is Bill Mahr's contention.

I've seen this same tweet posted by Elon Musk, Scott Adams, and Ben Shapiro.

I posted this earlier but if the left has moved farther left ideologically then why are the likes of George Bush and Dick Cheney endorsing Kamala? Why is McCain, who was the GOP Presidential nominee perceived as a RINO villain? Why was Kevin McCarthy ousted as Speaker?

No, it is the GOP that shifted far right.
I just could not disagree with this more strongly.

Certain Republican are voting for Harris because they hate Trump the man and they have pretty substantial policy differences. Trump and Maga / America First is decidedly not traditional Republican.

Republicans have a group of what, 40 house members that are allegedly conservative. A few years back that group existed as the Tea Party. The rest of the party is basically a bunch of political *****s with zero backbone, ideology (minus abortion, apparently), etc., who really only care about getting elected. They are conservative when it suits them politically, MAGA when it suits them politically, RINO when it suits them politically..

What you hate to admit is tRump is the republican party...it has become a party of neo-fascists that are anti-democratic.

Marginalizing the Bush-Cheney element within the GOP is the exact opposite of this, anyone who isn't afflicted with a bad case of TDS can see this.

This post from Yogi is spot on:

SBGold
Fake Town Hall said:

dajo9 said:

More Vice President Harris big crowd energy for our bubble friends
https://www.threads.net/@trishregankopp/post/DBFMQwSBtnR?xmt=AQGz6ClhCLz60MNYo2fD99N6NEkBVtgdcVxiFZ1MvcC66w
Democrats are the party of rich white people who think that the purpose of Latinos is to do menial labor for cut-rate wages and the purpose of blacks is to pick their cotton for free.

Those 1 mill houses in the U.S. will be 2 mill
movielover
bearister
Kamala Harris Sets an Interview with a Not-So-Friendly Outlet: Fox News. DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2024/10/14/kamala-harris-sets-an-interview-with-a-not-so-friendly-outlet-fox-news/

So Harris is sitting for an interview with the network that is the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, knowingly lets tRump lie unabashedly every time he phones in or sits for a softball interview and
wrote a check to Dominion Voting Systems in the amount of $787,000,000 for knowingly telling dirty rotten lies supporting tRump's "the election was rigged" narrative.

One question:
When is tRump sitting for an interview with Lawrence O' Donnell on MSNBC?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister

movielover
Hindustan Times: Big October surprise rocks Kamala campaign, Tim Walz accused of 'inappropriate' relations with a minor

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/big-october-surprise-rocks-kamala-campaign-tim-walz-accused-of-inappropriate-relations-with-a-minor-101728801862114.html
Big C

Yeah, like Congressmen, Governors and VP candidates don't get vetted, Thank you, Hindustan Times, for your responsible journalism... and for making some lawyer even richer when they sue you.
movielover
Las Vegas Review-Journal endorses Donald Trump for president

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/rj-endorses/las-vegas-review-journal-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-3188637/
movielover
Harris' proposes buying Black male vote with $20 Billion and legalized marijuana

CNBC: Harris proposes 1 million forgivable loans to Black entrepreneurs, as Trump makes inroads

"Vice President Kamala Harris unveiled an "Opportunity Agenda" plan for Black men, which includes a proposal of forgivable loans of up to $20,000 to Black entrepreneurs.

"She also pledged to support federal marijuana legalization, a big step beyond the Biden administration's current stance."

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/10/14/harris-forgivable-loans-legal-marijuana-trump-black-voters.html

They're worried. California officials also trying to insulate CA environmental laws in case of a Trump victory.
SBGold
movielover said:

Harris' proposes buying Black male vote with $20 Billion and legalized marijuana

CNBC: Harris proposes 1 million forgivable loans to Black entrepreneurs, as Trump makes inroads

"Vice President Kamala Harris unveiled an "Opportunity Agenda" plan for Black men, which includes a proposal of forgivable loans of up to $20,000 to Black entrepreneurs.

"She also pledged to support federal marijuana legalization, a big step beyond the Biden administration's current stance."

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/10/14/harris-forgivable-loans-legal-marijuana-trump-black-voters.html

They're worried. California officials also trying to insulate CA environmental laws in case of a Trump victory.
Forgivable loans are as old as time.

When I smelled MJ on the streets on Auburn (Bama) earlier this fall, it's like yeah, why is MJ not just legal. Cat's out of the bag
82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

Honestly, both Trump and Harris need to just speak to 'visions' right now. Whenever they talk specifics (even though the crazy ones are not likely to be enacted) they risk pushing undecides or folks like me who can't see voting for either to the other side. I see this and want to join my older friend who is in the '**** it' camp and says he's voting for Trump even though he can't stand him.
bearister
Big C
82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

Honestly, both Trump and Harris need to just speak to 'visions' right now. Whenever they talk specifics (even though the crazy ones are not likely to be enacted) they risk pushing undecides or folks like me who can't see voting for either to the other side. I see this and want to join my older friend who is in the '**** it' camp and says he's voting for Trump even though he can't stand him.

I think this accounts for a fair percentage of people who will vote for Trump (or, obviously, many will not vote at all). Arguments about January 6th and saving our precious democracy do not register with them. "Screw it."
Big C
Trump Dance Party said:

Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

I think this accounts for a fair percentage of people who will vote for Trump (or, obviously, many will not vote at all). Arguments about January 6th and saving our precious democracy do not register with them. "Screw it."
That's what happens when people need the government to do something and they respond with four years of proxy war, January 6 and Trump lawfare. If the government isn't going to do anything for you, might as well vote to piss off the people in government.

Well, I think the "screw it" voter has always accounted for a significant percentage of Trump's support. (2016/2020/2024)

Biden got a fair amount done as President, especially considering that Congress has been basically evenly divided. What were the alternatives for the situations you mentioned? Congratulate Putin for taking over a sovereign nation? Give Trump and the J6-ers a pardon and a cookie, in an effort to move beyond it?
dimitrig
Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

Hillary Clinton had a good word for these people
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Hindustan Times: Big October surprise rocks Kamala campaign, Tim Walz accused of 'inappropriate' relations with a minor

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/big-october-surprise-rocks-kamala-campaign-tim-walz-accused-of-inappropriate-relations-with-a-minor-101728801862114.html
That attempted smear was quickly exposed as a poorly done fraud.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/far-right-account-fabricates-tim-walz-child-allegations/
SBGold
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

That attempted smear was quickly exposed as a poorly done fraud.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/far-right-account-fabricates-tim-walz-child-allegations/
This false spam, so disgusting. What a trashy thing to post anywhere, lover. You have no morals

VOTE BLUE
movielover
What did Biden get done?
movielover
Common sense.

Don't start wars.
Don't fund wars.
Don't skyrocket energy prices, which skyrockets food prices.
Big C
movielover said:

What did Biden get done?

This is off the top of my head...

+ kept the "progressive" wing of the party placated (suppressed, but still in the fold)... held his party together when the GOP couldn't do the same
+ shepherded the nation through the end of the pandemic w/o a lot of crazy talk
+ helped get more than one major bill through Congress with bipartisan support
+ pursued a moderate course of action in general despite what his far-right critics say... his appointments are a testament to that
+ got us out of Afghanistan (a little messy, but evacs are tricky)
+ made the right decisions vis-a-vis Ukraine-Russia (the mistakes we made there were made decades ago)
+ restored faith in our government institutions (perhaps temporarily)
+ bolstered relations with our allies
+ did what he could in the Middle East (we are close to Israel, historically -- as we should be -- but Netanyahu is beyond the pale)
+ balanced economic stimulus with the risk of inflation... and when inflation started to get out of control, brought it back down (not all that easy, if you remember the late '70s - early '80s)
+ treated all Americans with respect
+ tried to stay past his sell-by date, but bowed out with grace and honor when finally "urged" to

Historians will call Biden's four years a return to normalcy... with that being said as a compliment. He will go down in history as a good President.
Big C
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

Well, you're talking about the "deplorables", the Proud Boy types and the Bobert acolytes and such. I'm talking about often decent people who feel totally disenfranchised from government, to where "existential threat to democracy" just doesn't mean anything to them. They are just ignorant, a product of our culture and our lack of support for public schools.
dimitrig
Big C said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

Well, you're talking about the "deplorables", the Proud Boy types and the Bobert acolytes and such. I'm talking about often decent people who feel totally disenfranchised from government, to where "existential threat to democracy" just doesn't mean anything to them. They are just ignorant, a product of our culture and our lack of support for public schools.

I think Hillary's word applies to them, too
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

So good a word she lost to lead deplorable.
movielover
82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

Great. Just love to have any politicians spend less than we take in. I certainly don't want crime to soar, wars to take us over, etc but someone needs to break the cycle of spending like it just won't ever matter. It will. When the smartest guys in the world start hinting that it will then you know it's a problem. There's no free lunch, certainly free lunches forever.
dimitrig
movielover said:

Republicans love to run up the debt, don't they?
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

I live in CA. We have debt with one of the biggest tax bases in the country. Is there a Republican I don't know about spending money? 12 years of Dem presidents 4 of Republicans. Let me guess... Bush left such a mess Dems had no choice but to spend. It's both parties. Everyone knows it. It's ok to admit it, no one cares when voting.
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

I live in CA. We have debt with one of the biggest tax bases in the country. Is there a Republican I don't know about spending money? 12 years of Dem presidents 4 of Republicans. Let me guess... Bush left such a mess Dems had no choice but to spend. It's both parties. Everyone knows it. It's ok to admit it, no one cares when voting.

"A recent analysis by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget found that Mr. Trump approved nearly twice as much borrowing $8.4 trillion during his time in office as Mr. Biden has so far during his term."

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/11/us/politics/republicans-debt-deficit-platform.html

Just the Facts: Republicans Create Huge Deficits

Link:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Just%20the%20Facts%20-%20Republicans%20Create%20Huge%20Deficits.pdf
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

"A recent analysis by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget found that Mr. Trump approved nearly twice as much borrowing $8.4 trillion during his time in office as Mr. Biden has so far during his term."

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/11/us/politics/republicans-debt-deficit-platform.html

Link:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Just%20the%20Facts%20-%20Republicans%20Create%20Huge%20Deficits.pdf

That settles it. Must be all Republicans. Just the facts.
AunBear89
82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Link:

Link:

What are you saying? The Liberals made them do it?

I thought the GOP pretended to be the party of personal responsibility. We all know it's the party of liars, hypocrites, and morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
82gradDLSdad
AunBear89 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Link:

Link:

What are you saying? The Liberals made them do it?

I thought the GOP pretended to be the party of personal responsibility. We all know it's the party of liars, hypocrites, and morons.
I think I've already written what I am saying. Both parties. I love being able to talk back to teachers without fear of corporal punishment. Catholic school is hard but then the rest of your life is a breeze in comparison.
Big C
82gradDLSdad said:

movielover said:

Great. Just love to have any politicians spend less than we take in. I certainly don't want crime to soar, wars to take us over, etc but someone needs to break the cycle of spending like it just won't ever matter. It will. When the smartest guys in the world start hinting that it will then you know it's a problem. There's no free lunch, certainly free lunches forever.

I remember, not too, too many years ago, if a candidate's great ideas consisted solely of government giveaways without ever asking the American people for some sort of shared sacrifice for the good of the country, this would be mentioned and criticized by at least some of the political pundits.

We have apparently sunk to such a low level that that's not even a thing anymore.

So I guess VP Harris, in response, needs to find another new giveaway. Hey, how about no taxes at all for the citizens of any battleground state that she wins! In fact, a tax credit!
AunBear89
82gradDLSdad said:

Both parties.

If you don't want to be called out in class by the teacher, stop staying stupid stuff and acting like you're right.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.