hanky1 was right again...COVID was no big deal

35,614 Views | 393 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by okaydo
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Perfect punishment for these 250,000 stupid bikers and the little South Dakota town that won't keep them out would be to quarantine them there until there's a vaccine. That's the kind of wall I could get behind!
AunBear89
Big C said:

bearister said:

Perfect punishment for these 250,000 stupid bikers and the little South Dakota town that won't keep them out would be to quarantine them there until there's a vaccine. That's the kind of wall I could get behind!

I agree. But sadly, the party will end. And every one of those human disease vectors will scatter to the four corners of the country, back to their trailer parks and flyspeck towns, spreading COVID joy wherever they go. Luckily, most are likely Trump voters, so...
Krugman Is A Moron
Florida sheriff bans deputies and visitors to sheriff's office from wearing masks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/12/masks-florida-ban-billy-woods/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_flamask-205pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Pretty sure this is unconstitutional.
hanky1
Matthew Patel said:

Florida sheriff bans deputies and visitors to sheriff's office from wearing masks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/12/masks-florida-ban-billy-woods/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_flamask-205pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Pretty sure this is unconstitutional.

Both the right and the left have lost their ****ing minds about COVID. Although to be fair, insanity about COVID has primarily been a left wing thing until recently.
hanky1
hanky1
There is a growing body of evidence that COVID has morphed into something that is now benign. See the example of genetic isolation from the patient in Hong Kong who is the first example of confirmed person to catch CoVId twice.

Despite this, Team Lockdown is still trying to drum up fear so that they can maintain their position of prominence. This is literally the first time anyone in the world cared about what epidemiologist think and now that COVID is no longer a big deal, these individuals can't stand it and are doing everything they can to maintain influence.

Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

There is a growing body of evidence that COVID has morphed into something that is now benign. See the example of genetic isolation from the patient in Hong Kong who is the first example of confirmed person to catch CoVId twice.
Can you please substantiate the growing body of evidence? Unfortunately there is a growing body of corpses piling up in the US that would indicate otherwise - still averaging more than 1k per day. We still have over 5k hospitalized COVID patients in California alone.

That doesn't happen with benign conditions.
helltopay1
Every honest pundit knows the ACLU was hijacked by the hard-left a long time ago. It is now a political organization masquerading as a legal organization. Every ten years or so, it defends the right of Nazis to march down Main Street. ( all 6 of them). Also, ten years later, it defends the right off KKK members to do the same.( all 3 of them) It does this to deflect from their modern purpose which is top advance left-wing goals and suppress conservative goals. HELLO...
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Every honest pundit knows the ACLU was hijacked by the hard-left a long time ago. It is now a political organization masquerading as a legal organization. Every ten years or so, it defends the right of Nazis to march down Main Street. ( all 6 of them). Also, ten years later, it defends the right off KKK members to do the same.( all 3 of them) It does this to deflect from their modern purpose which is top advance left-wing goals and suppress conservative goals. HELLO...

Just wondering since you are in a vulnerable group (as am I), do you take any precautions with regard to trying to avoid contracting COVID 19 or passing it to others (in the event you are asymptomatic)?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
hanky1 said:

Despite this, Team Lockdown is still trying to drum up fear so that they can maintain their position of prominence. This is literally the first time anyone in the world cared about what epidemiologist think and now that COVID is no longer a big deal, these individuals can't stand it and are doing everything they can to maintain influence.

1151 Americans died from it yesterday, which is about how many have died from it every day for a month now.

Seems benign to me.
chazzed
Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

Can you please substantiate the growing body of evidence? Unfortunately there is a growing body of corpses piling up in the US that would indicate otherwise - still averaging more than 1k per day. We still have over 5k hospitalized COVID patients in California alone.

That doesn't happen with benign conditions.

*bumping for janky1*
hanky1
smh
hoehum, nothing to see here..

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
hanky1
Poll numbers about Covid hurting the media's party now they have to report the truth

dimitrig
hanky1 said:

Poll numbers about Covid hurting the media's party now they have to report the truth

This is laughable. It like being barely pregnant. Either you are infected or you aren't.

hanky1
dimitrig said:

hanky1 said:

This is laughable. It like being barely pregnant. Either you are infected or you aren't.

I thought you guys are always saying "believe the experts". I guess you only believe the experts when it's something you like otherwise it's laughable.
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

Add falling for an obvious Qanon scam to hankyPhD's long and growing list of failed trolling efforts. You should stick to just having bad subjective opinions rather than exposing your inability to distinguish fact from fiction. Good news is there are probably lots of Qanon forums out there where you can deplorable signal with other people of your intellect. Maybe bearlyamazing or rushinbear can point you in the right direction because they were duped by the same scam.
hanky1
Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

Add falling for an obvious Qanon scam to hankyPhD's long and growing list of failed trolling efforts. You should stick to just having bad subjective opinions rather than exposing your inability to distinguish fact from fiction. Good news is there are probably lots of Qanon forums out there where you can deplorable signal with other people of your intellect. Maybe bearlyamazing or rushinbear can point you in the right direction because they were duped by the same scam.

It's from the CDC website. Are you saying the CDC is not credible and should not be believed?

By the way...this is literally what I've been saying for the past 5 months. Hospitals are incentivized to report any type of death as a COVID death even if the person died of something else because each COVID death brings in more money. Glad that the rest of the world, like the CDC and NY Times, is finally catching up to me.

-hanky1,PhD
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

It's from the CDC website. Are you saying the CDC is not credible and should not be believed?

By the way...this is literally what I've been saying for the past 5 months. Hospitals are incentivized to report any type of death as a COVID death even if the person died of something else because each COVID death brings in more money. Glad that the rest of the world, like the CDC and NY Times, is finally catching up to me.

-hanky1,PhD

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

You're not serious are you?
Bobodeluxe
I will never feel comfortable attending a Cal sporting event in the future knowing that countless tRmpubliQans surround me.
Eastern Oregon Bear
I like how Hanky1 puts a lemon icon on his posts. That's truth in advertising!
sycasey
kelly09
hanky1 said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/31/dr_faucis_hydroxychloroquine_denial__144095.html
hanky1
kelly09 said:

hanky1 said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/31/dr_faucis_hydroxychloroquine_denial__144095.html

It's funny that many leftists denounce God and view religious people as backwards but then they go worship people like Fauci as if he were a God.
LMK5
hanky1 said:

kelly09 said:

hanky1 said:

It's funny that many leftists denounce God and view religious people as backwards but then they go worship people like Fauci as if he were a God.
...and the goddess Michelle Obama.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
chazzed
Will post this in another thread.
LMK5
Orange County's got Covid on the run. No positive cases yesterday and 8 stright days off the watch list: https://ochca.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cc4859c8c522496b9f21c451de2fedae

Time to hit the gridiron!
Unit2Sucks
LMK5 said:

Orange County's got Covid on the run. No positive cases yesterday and 8 stright days off the watch list: https://ochca.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cc4859c8c522496b9f21c451de2fedae

Possible that the data hasn't been updated yet? Seems odd that it would drop to zero suddenly. Also, NBC LA reported 250+ cases for Sunday.

I also didn't realize that the reason OC wasn't on the watch list was because it was grandfathered in. Otherwise it seems like it's still purple tier under the new system. All that said, obviously things are trending in the right direction for OC at the moment which is great news. Hopefully they continue to go that way.
LMK5
Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

Possible that the data hasn't been updated yet? Seems odd that it would drop to zero suddenly. Also, NBC LA reported 250+ cases for Sunday.

I also didn't realize that the reason OC wasn't on the watch list was because it was grandfathered in. Otherwise it seems like it's still purple tier under the new system. All that said, obviously things are trending in the right direction for OC at the moment which is great news. Hopefully they continue to go that way.
According to the data I'm looking at, LA County went from 1271 new positive cases on 8/29 to 960 on 8/30: https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19CasesDashboard_15931020425010/Cases?:embed=y&:showVizHome=no
hanky1
LMK5 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

According to the data I'm looking at, LA County went from 1271 new positive cases on 8/29 to 960 on 8/30: https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19CasesDashboard_15931020425010/Cases?:embed=y&:showVizHome=no

Oh no! Team Apocalypse is in full meltdown mode. What will they dream of next to scare us?
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
LMK5 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

LMK5 said:

You mentioned OC before so that's what I was referring to.

Now you're talking about LA. If you want to compare numbers you should look at 7-day averages or at least comparable week over week analysis. Based on the way the numbers are reported, certain days frequently look light but aren't representative of the trend. So on 8/29 there were 1,271 cases but on 8/22 there were 1,623. On 8/30 there were 960 but on 8/23 there were 975. This is more of an apples to apples comparison. This certainly appears to be a part of a pronounced downward trend, but it's misleading to point to 2 consecutive days without context. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't trying to be misleading.

Here's a chart showing the 7-day average, which shows it's cut by more than half in the past month. I feel it's necessary to explain this because without the simple explanation, hankyPhD would likely jump to an obviously incorrect conclusion, as is his wont.

BearChemist
Is this janky hedging?

Unit2Sucks
BearChemist said:

Is this janky hedging?
I think hanky is going to pretend this thread doesn't exist after I pointed out that he fell for an obvious Qanon scam in his zeal to bolster his baseless case that COVID doesn't matter. Like all trolls, he will just move on to newer and dumber lies.
hanky1
Unit2Sucks said:

BearChemist said:

Is this janky hedging?
I think hanky is going to pretend this thread doesn't exist after I pointed out that he fell for an obvious Qanon scam in his zeal to bolster his baseless case that COVID doesn't matter. Like all trolls, he will just move on to newer and dumber lies.
The original intent of this thread appears lost on you:

The protesters' actions clearly demonstrate that they think COVID is no big deal. So why do you attack and criticize people who SAY it, but not the people who act in a way that says it's no big deal?

As I have repeatedly state in this thread: it appears protesting against racial injustice gives one the magical ability of COVID immunity! Rioting and looting also gives you the added benefit of AIDS immunity! This is the only scientific explanation for what's going on!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.