Illegal Immigration

56,698 Views | 917 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by HawaiiBear33
Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every time period in history is the same. Economic conditions--the growth rate, the ability to assimilate unskilled labor, labor laws, cost and time to construct housing, infrastructure, etc--are always the same, as is the budget situation. Every immigrant group in history equally shares in America's values and culture. Every immigrant group is equally prepared and committed to contribute to the vitality of the country. Every immigrant group is equally committed to the education of their children. Every group of immigrants is motivated by the same incentives and receives the same benefits when they arrive. Every immigrant group remits the same amount back to their countries of origin. Every immigrant group has equal respect for the laws of the land. Every immigrant group behaves similarly back in their home country as well as in their adopted home. We know all this and more because we know it, and only nativist racists dare to question such assumptions. Am I in the club now?
Lets Go Brandon 3
oski003 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

Our test scores have been below Mississippi for decades. #50?
I thought this turd of a statement deserved a spotlight all to itself.
Decades is an exaggeration. California, despite being much wealthier, has problems with reading and English proficiency.
That's apparent just reading this forum.
Lets Go Brandon 3
calbear93 said:

Loonies have been considering me a RINO anyway but count me as a conservative Democrat now.
All Democrats are conservatives in denial, so you'll fit in seamlessly. It's really just the old Republican Party minus the abortion issue now.
movielover
concordtom said:

Reading through the anti-immigrant stances on these pages, it's amazing America was able to rise up and become the economic engine it did in the 1900's, what with all the non-English speaking, uneducated poor masses who flowed through Ellis Island at the turn of the century.

Of course, there were phobic sentiments back then, too.

You omit that we didn't have a gargantuan unfunded welfare state back then, and didn't have 220 (?) Military bases spread over the globe. And AI and automation weren't jolting in, replacing low-skilled jobs. We also didn't have terror cells, and Drug cartels.

But the Democrats did give us Jim Crow and sharecropping.
oski003
movielover said:

concordtom said:

Reading through the anti-immigrant stances on these pages, it's amazing America was able to rise up and become the economic engine it did in the 1900's, what with all the non-English speaking, uneducated poor masses who flowed through Ellis Island at the turn of the century.

You omit that we didn't have a gargantuan unfunded welfare state back then, and didn't have 220 (?) Military bases spread over the globe. And AI and automation weren't jolting in, replacing low-skilled jobs. We also didn't have terror cells, and Drug cartels.

The women in the white hoods are smuggling fentanyl in. A white hood was the signal back then.
concordtom
oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

The women in the white hoods are smuggling fentanyl in. A white hood was the signal back then.

I know you were making a joke, a racist one at that. But one of those white hooded women was my (step) great grandmother from Galicia, what is now Ukraine.

She arrived Ellis in 1907 with two boys after her husband had already scouted and sent for her to meet in Youngstown. She was illiterate.

The eldest would lose a hand in a steel plant. She stressed education, and her younger kids excelled in high school and at Ohio State where they achieved some prominence I won't mention lest I identify myself to you.

Immigrant success story.

As for the prior "unfounded welfare state". Wow. Do we need to go back to 1930 and debate WHY social security was created OR just the levels at which you want to fund it?? Because that's a separate topic, not pertinent to being racially biased against immigration, which, yes, I have accused is at the root.

As for the military industrial complex, again, it's its own topic. Why are you tying being decent to immigrants such as DREAMERS to that?

… I think we've collectively actually made some headway here.

One side, which includes me (and the Democrat leadership on the hill) claims we do not want Open Borders. Can YOU accept that? Can we stop making the untrue claim this side wants open borders? If so, great, we can cross that point of contention off the list and move on?

Next up, I've heard Oski say that he would offer citizenship to those who learn English. Great! Dreamers speak perfect English, because they've graduated from our high schools.

Can you therefore now grant them citizenship? Like, just do it already, yes?

Now then, I'll give you the next ask. What do you want out of this negotiation?
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

I know you were making a joke, a racist one at that. But one of those white hooded women was my (step) great grandmother from Galicia, what is now Ukraine.

She arrived Ellis in 1907 with two boys after her husband had already scouted and sent for her to meet in Youngstown. She was illiterate.

The eldest would lose a hand in a steel plant. She stressed education, and her younger kids excelled in high school and at Ohio State where they achieved some prominence I won't mention lest I identify myself to you.

Immigrant success story.

As for the prior "unfounded welfare state". Wow. Do we need to go back to 1930 and debate WHY social security was created OR just the levels at which you want to fund it?? Because that's a separate topic, not pertinent to being racially biased against immigration, which, yes, I have accused is at the root.

As for the military industrial complex, again, it's its own topic. Why are you tying being decent to immigrants such as DREAMERS to that?

One side, which includes me (and the Democrat leadership on the hill) claims we do not want Open Borders. Can YOU accept that? Can we stop making the untrue claim this side wants open borders? If so, great, we can cross that point of contention off the list and move on?

Next up, I've heard Oski say that he would offer citizenship to those who learn English. Great! Dreamers speak perfect English, because they've graduated from our high schools.

To close the border and to have idiots stop accusing everything of being racist. I was making a joke and the white hoods were the most obvious distinguishing feature in the picture. I don't know how you contrived racism there. You must have nightly visits from the racism fairy.
dajo9
movielover said:

You omit that we didn't have a gargantuan unfunded welfare state back then,
What is the size of this "gargantuan unfunded welfare state". Please provide support.
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

To close the border and to have idiots stop accusing everything of being racist. I was making a joke and the white hoods were the most obvious distinguishing feature in the picture. I don't know how you contrived racism there. You must have nightly visits from the racism fairy.

Because there are endless racist tropes inserted into this discussion and you're probably not even aware. It starts with Trump's "they are rapists, criminals, lunatics" and ends with you saying "they are bringing fentanyl".

If YOUR great grandmother were one of those immigrants, the clothing might come off as less distinguishable and not the obvious feature in the photo.

Instead, you might see the individual human beings standing there scared, hungry, tired.

concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

I recall from the Obama era… there was talk of swapping Dreamers citizenship status for border control.

Republicans rejected it, ultimately.

But one of the topics unresolved was HOW to achieve tighter border control.

So I'll let you propose the HOW that you would like. I suppose we'll need lawyers because one of the massive issues is this UN right of political refugees.

I'll go grab that and paste for your consideration.
bear2034
calbear93 said:

Loonies have been considering me a RINO anyway but count me as a conservative Democrat now. Will make it official with change in party affiliation
concordtom
Terms for study:

Economic migrants
Political refugees
Asylum seekers

https://www.unhcr.org/us/news/stories/refugees-or-migrants-how-word-choices-affect-rights-and-lives

Laws, for starters:
UN refugee convention of 1951

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_Relating_to_the_Status_of_Refugees

I think it's important to recall that in the 1930's scores of Jews wanted out but nobody (USA, England, etc) would accept them. They were exterminated.

This has happened in other places and times. I recall in DC in early 90's there were tons of Salvadorans because the US was supporting one side in their war in the 80's and we accepted them in as political asylum seekers.

Or consider the civil wars in Africa or the "Rahinga" (spelling) in Asia.

It's been agreed upon that countries should allow the innocent wanting to flee conflict zones… like Syria.

History is replete with examples. And I think at the fore of this dialogue it should be asked, do you support such a notion?

I'll offer, I believe most all crossing the southern border are economic migrants. But can we agree upon the notion and rights of war zone migrants?
bear2034
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Because there are endless racist tropes inserted into this discussion and you're probably not even aware. It starts with Trump's "they are rapists, criminals, lunatics" and ends with you saying "they are bringing fentanyl".

If YOUR great grandmother were one of those immigrants, the clothing might come off as less distinguishable and not the obvious feature in the photo.

Instead, you might see the individual human beings standing there scared, hungry, tired.

It is not racist to want to close the border to keep fentanyl out. America's enemies want fentanyl coming in through our porous border.

This article happens to be today from the apparently racist BBC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-68101263.amp
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

I recall from the Obama era… there was talk of swapping Dreamers citizenship status for border control.

So I'll let you propose the HOW that you would like. I suppose we'll need lawyers because one of the massive issues is this UN right of political refugees.

Actually have a wall when feasible. Allow Texas to enforce its border. Devote resources to border control along the rest of our border. Don't let people in, unless they are pre-approved refugees, which we can process a reasonable amount each year (we do process some already, 75% are family members of immigrants that became citizens). Disregard the UN Right of Refugees like we disregard most other Human Rights Conventions.
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

concordtom said:

I'm reminded of the line from Blazing Saddles which was spoken grudgingly:

"OK, we'll take the <Blacks> and <Chinese> but we don't want the Irish!"

Blazing Saddles at 50: the button-pushing spoof that could never get made today

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/feb/07/blazing-saddles-at-50-western-spoof-mel-brooks?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*Richard Pryor wrote the edgy lines related to Black characters in the film.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
bear2034 said:

We know.
Your posts are simply to throw a bunch of loose metal parts into gear work machinery.
You have no other purpose.
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

It is not racist to want to close the border to keep fentanyl out. America's enemies want fentanyl coming in through our porous border.

Eh hem….

I assure you - We ALL can agree, nobody wants illegal murderous drugs snuck across the border, any border, or otherwise sold on the street.

Stop inserting alternative issues into a discussion solely about, say, granting Dreamers citizenship.

Can you just right now, with no further requirement, grant Dreamers citizenship???
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Actually have a wall when feasible. Allow Texas to enforce its border. Devote resources to border control along the rest of our border. Don't let people in, unless they are pre-approved refugees, which we can process a reasonable amount each year (we do process some already, 75% are family members of immigrants that became citizens). Disregard the UN Right of Refugees like we disregard most other Human Rights Conventions.

There has been much reporting and the unfeasability of a physical wall, just sitting there on its own.

There are property owner rights issues, environmental issues, and the fact that they can be defeated.

You'll need to consider manning all 2700? miles with a network of police, cameras, swat teams. Until they find new ways around. This will cost lots of money, I'm sure you're away.

Start planning and proposing and quit the "vermin" bitzching. That's what I'd like to hear from the GOP. Trumps wall was a joke proposal! Lipstick on a pig of an issue.
Zippergate
I assure you - We ALL can agree, nobody wants illegal murderous drugs snuck across the border, any border, or otherwise sold on the street.

Wrong yet again. You may want these things stopped at the border but your leaders DO NOT. Talk is cheap. Look what they are actually doing. Until very recently when it became a problem for them politically, every action they have taken is to increase the flow of border crossers without any regard for who or what is let in. You voted for this. Own it.
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Eh hem….

Stop inserting alternative issues into a discussion solely about, say, granting Dreamers citizenship.

Can you just right now, with no further requirement, grant Dreamers citizenship???

As stated above, granting citizenship is a no go for me until we actually close the border to illegal immigrants.
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

There has been much reporting and the unfeasability of a physical wall, just sitting there on its own.

There are property owner rights issues, environmental issues, and the fact that they can be defeated.

You'll need to consider manning all 2700? miles with a network of police, cameras, swat teams. Until they find new ways around. This will cost lots of money, I'm sure you're away.

Start planning and proposing and quit the "vermin" bitzching. That's what I'd like to hear from the GOP. Trumps wall was a joke proposal! Lipstick on a pig of an issue.

We've taken property from people to build shopping malls. We can do it to protect our border. Deter illegal immigration. Immediately deny and deport illegal immigrants and ban them from applying for legal immigration for five years. Allow Mexican authorities to handle unaccompanied minors.
concordtom
Zippergate said:

Wrong yet again. You may want these things stopped at the border but your leaders DO NOT. Talk is cheap. Look what they are actually doing. Until very recently when it became a problem for them politically, every action they have taken is to increase the flow of border crossers without any regard for who or what is let in. You voted for this. Own it.

I'll just agree to disagree and we can stop talking then if you are going to make unfounded outrageous accusations.

Go back to your nonsense media outlets that tell you lies and be a fool. It won't impact me one way or another.

concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Eh hem….

As stated above, granting citizenship is a no go for me until we actually close the border to illegal immigrants.

Holding one group hostage for the problems of others. Nice!
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Eh hem….

Holding one group hostage for the problems of others. Nice!

They aren't being held hostage.

These are actual hostages:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna119509
TandemBear
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Love how fentanyl has been made the boogie man while the Sackler's opioids were welcomed with open arms!
oski003
TandemBear said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

Love how fentanyl has been made the boogie man while the Sackler's opioids were welcomed with open arms!

Sackler's opioids have zero to do with conversation. But, for the record, F BP.
dajo9
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

Immigrant success story.

It doesn't have to be racist but MAGAts have chosen racism
movielover
Fentanyl isn't coming from Latvia. Facts matter.

Neither party gets much done that's constructive. They feather their own beds, raise money, play power games, and get rich with Insider trading tips (see Pelosi).

This is why Ross Perot rose up, then the Tea Party, and then President Trump. The UniParty hates all of them.

Neither side wants to close the border. Citizens overwhelmingly do, and President Trump delivered a secure border after some delay (Paul Ryan). Citizens want measured, reasonable, legal, safe immigration.
concordtom
movielover said:

Fentanyl isn't coming from Dreamers either.
Intelligence matters.
movielover
concordtom said:

movielover said:

Intelligence matters.

That appears to be your little niche. We've had 6-8 Million illegal aliens enter our country in 3 years, maybe more. It's a disaster.

We have our own homeless catastrophe, fentanyl epidemic, loss of some blue collar jobs and automation... and you want to bring in unlimited, unvetted immigrants largely unskilled and illiterate in two languages while automation and AI are reducing low-skilled jobs. And unfair competition for low-skilled Americans.

Then next week you'll be whing about the wealth and income gaps which your ilk help create. If we had Millions less - housing would be cheaper (lower Demand), and employers would have to pay more to attract more workers (increase Supply).

Why doesn't Mexico have an Open border?
dajo9
movielover said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

Intelligence matters.

That appears to be your little niche. We've had 6-8 Million illegal aliens enter our country in 3 years, maybe more. It's a disaster.

We have our own homeless catastrophe, fentanyl epidemic, loss of some blue collar jobs and automation... and you want to bring in unlimited, unvetted immigrants largely unskilled and illiterate in two languages while automation and AI are reducing low-skilled jobs. And unfair competition for low-skilled Americans.

Then next week you'll be whing about the wealth and income gaps which your ilk help create. If we had Millions less - housing would be cheaper (lower Demand), and employers would have to pay more to attract more workers (increase Supply).

Lol, the border is open because of Trump.
movielover
Are you on drugs?

President Trump had the border under control with the help of the Mexican president. Biden, the Globalist WEF UniParty and the UN opened it back up and flooded the zone.
bearlyamazing
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

Intelligence matters.

Lol, the border is open because of Trump.
Just when I think people here couldn't be more delusional, we get little gems like these.

I don't know what's worse; knowing what a ridiculous lie that is and thinking we're stupid enough to believe it or actually believing what you're saying.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

It doesn't have to be racist but MAGAts have chosen racism

It's too early to play the racism card, I'd wait until after the primaries are over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.