Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,875 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Too bad for all concerned that this couldn't have been resolved 12-18 months ago, but the fact remains:

Joe Biden has been a good President and that's how he will go down in history.

We don't know how Biden will go down in history. Will he finish his term or will they take him out now? The story is still unwritten.
movielover
Big C said:

Too bad for all concerned that this couldn't have been resolved 12-18 months ago, but the fact remains:

Joe Biden has been a good President and that's how he will go down in history.

Dr. Jill Biden, Anthony Blinken, & Jake Sullivan made even Jimmy Carter look good.

The numbers Progressives play with were from Trillions in deficit spending, MIC spending, and Millions of claw back jobs from people re-entering the workforce from the Plandemic Lockdowns.

JB didn't bring back manufacturing or energy jobs, and buying solar panels from China doesn't help us much.
okaydo
Great: Another Baby Boomer matchup./
Big C

I am constantly reminded of the gaps in my knowledge. It keeps me humble. For example, when I started this thread only a few hours after the debate, I should have used "Rehoboth Beach" in the title, instead of "Camp David".

Who knew?!? Not me...
bear2034
The word "basement" is all encompassing.
movielover
Some allege Obama preferred the bathhouse.
bear2034
I think Obama doesn't endorse Kamala right away out of respect for Biden but will do so after the DNC or shortly before it.
sycasey
okaydo said:

Great: Another Baby Boomer matchup./

To my mind, Kamala is a Gen-Xer. So is Obama.

I know those born between 1961-65 are technically within the Baby Boom, but culturally they are really Xers. Why do I say that? The guy who coined the term "Generation X" by writing a book about his peers' young-adult experience and gave it that title, Douglas Coupland? Born in 1961.
movielover
Why was Biden's resignation letter not on Office of the President stationary?

Some online folks also claiming his signature doesn't match.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/read-bidens-full-letter-announcing-the-end-of-his-2024-reelection-bid
Big C

Obama is late Boomer, near the cusp. Kamala Harris is right on the cusp, but yeah, I'd call her Gen X.

I love the "generations" discussions... like one person born 1-2 years away from someone else is going to be totally different. It's about generalities... compare a mid-Gen X with a mid-Millennial, for example.

Plus, who determines the generations and names them? It's sort of by consensus.
Big C
movielover said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/read-bidens-full-letter-announcing-the-end-of-his-2024-reelection-bid

President Biden didn't exactly know what he was doing. He just signed the sheet of paper that George Soros handed him.
okaydo
If people (like Kamala) born in 1964 were Gen Xers, we'd see a slew of articles this year about Gen X turning 60.

But that won't happen until next year, when Gen X actually begins turning 60.
Big C
okaydo said:

If people (like Kamala) born in 1964 were Gen Xers, we'd see a slew of articles this year about Gen X turning 60.

But that won't happen until next year, when Gen X actually begins turning 60.

Show me in the Constitution where it says exactly where "the generations" divide! Only "The Vigilant Fox" can decide!
okaydo
Big C said:

Obama is late Boomer, near the cusp. Kamala Harris is right on the cusp, but yeah, I'd call her Gen X.

I love the "generations" discussions... like one person born 1-2 years away from someone else is going to be totally different. It's about generalities... compare a mid-Gen X with a mid-Millennial, for example.

The Baby Boom is widely considered 1946 to 1964. So, yes, Trump was 18 when Kamala was born and they are both Boomers.

There were still World War II vets who were of prime fatherhood age in the early 60s. The youngest vets were born in the late 1920s. So they wouldn't turn 40 until the late 1960s.

(Mel Brooks, a WWII vet, just turned 98 last month, which means he was 37 at the start of the final year of the Baby Boom. His first child was born in 1956. His last child was born in 1972.)

Kamala is less than 4 months older than Chris Rock, a Gen Xer. Yes, she has more in common with somebody Chris Rock's age than somebody Trump's age.

But there is always going to be a cutoff.

Generations are a long span of time, about a decade and a half minimum. So not everybody in a generation is going to have the same experiences. If generations were like 10 years, then we'd just call them "decades." If they were 5-7 years*, then there would be way too many 5- to 7-year periods to memorize.

(*There are terms like "Generation Jones" and "Xennials" for microgenerations. But those are not generations.)

MinotStateBeav
Kamala makes her own cutoff. She use to smoke weed in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop, I mean even though when she was in college Snoop and Pac weren't making music yet. She makes up alternative facts.
Big C

^ You smoke enough weed, maybe those facts aren't so "alternative"! (A friend told me that.)
sycasey
okaydo said:

Big C said:

The Baby Boom is widely considered 1946 to 1964. So, yes, Trump was 18 when Kamala was born and they are both Boomers.

There were still World War II vets who were of prime fatherhood age in the early 60s. The youngest vets were born in the late 1920s. So they wouldn't turn 40 until the late 1960s.

(Mel Brooks, a WWII vet, just turned 98 last month, which means he was 37 at the start of the final year of the Baby Boom. His first child was born in 1956. His last child was born in 1972.)

Kamala is less than 4 months older than Chris Rock, a Gen Xer. Yes, she has more in common with somebody Chris Rock's age than somebody Trump's age.

Generations are a long span of time, about a decade and a half minimum. So not everybody in a generation is going to have the same experiences. If generations were like 10 years, then we'd just call them "decades." If they were 5-7 years*, then there would be way too many 5- to 7-year periods to memorize.

(*There are terms like "Generation Jones" and "Xennials" for microgenerations. But those are not generations.)
If you read the books by the guys who coined the term "Millennial" (William Strauss & Neil Howe), they think Gen-X really begins at 1961, even though that was still within the demographic "baby boom." I tend to agree with them. People born at that time generally missed all the major cultural markers that seem to define Boomers (JFK death, Vietnam, hippies, etc.).

Though yes, people who were born near the generational cusps are likely to identify with both sides to some degree (says me, an Xennial).
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

Kamala makes her own cutoff. She use to smoke weed in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop, I mean even though when she was in college Snoop and Pac weren't making music yet.
Clearly she identifies with Generation X if she's citing icons like Tupac and Snoop.
bear2034
Whatever generation Kamala is in, Willie Brown is 90 years old. Think about that for a minute.
Big C

All I know is -- and remember I started this thread -- the best generation is the sub-gen known as Late Baby Boomers. We are so awesome that we let the Greatest Generation call themselves that, even though we are far greater! The reason we let them have it is because we are so humble... and it was sort of an homage to our parents.
bear2034
movielover said:

If the signature doesn't fit, Biden didn't quit!
Big C

You know what's odd about "Biden's signature"... I once got George Soros' autograph, because he is my hero, and I think I recognize the handwriting! Why on earth would that be?!?
movielover
dajo9
sycasey said:

okaydo said:

Big C said:

If you read the books by the guys who coined the term "Millennial" (William Strauss & Neil Howe), they think Gen-X really begins at 1961, even though that was still within the demographic "baby boom." I tend to agree with them. People born at that time generally missed all the major cultural markers that seem to define Boomers (JFK death, Vietnam, hippies, etc.).

Though yes, people who were born near the generational cusps are likely to identify with both sides to some degree (says me, an Xennial).

This. Culturally 1961 - 1964 are Gen X. Hippie hating Reagan lovers.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
MinotStateBeav
Kamala is becoming JEB - Please Clap

Eastern Oregon Bear
One Term Genocide Joe said:

Yet another Republican conspiracy theory that has been proven correct over the last eight years.

What is the right wing conspiracy theory batting average? It's far below the Mendoza line, a mere fraction of it. I suspect it's low enough to end your career in Class A minor league ball.
sycasey
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Yet another Republican conspiracy theory that has been proven correct over the last eight years.

What is the right wing conspiracy theory batting average? It's far below the Mendoza line, a mere fraction of it. I suspect it's low enough to end your career in Class A minor league ball.

It's also pretty clear that Democrats didn't want to replace Biden in October of 2023. This all came about because of his terrible debate performance.
calbear93

It was a prediction based on how quickly Biden was aging.

Not a conspiracy theory.

The far right do not have to be wrong about every single prediction.

Even they can get 50% right, like they did here.
tequila4kapp
Politico reports that Pelosi told Biden he had 3 weeks to drop, that he could leave the easy way or the hard way. The hard way involved publicly releasing internal D polling that showed Biden had zero path to victory.
Eastern Oregon Bear
calbear93 said:

It was a prediction based on how quickly Biden was aging.

Not a conspiracy theory.

The far right do not have to be wrong about every single prediction.

Even they can get 50% right, like they did here.
When you fling poo at the wall nonstop for years, sometimes you get one right. I'm not sure anyone can have much faith in any particular chunk of feces unless you've totally bought in and gone down the rabbit hole.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Nah, Republicans bat better than Ty Cobb.
movielover
The Fake illegal dossier trying to take down a President isn't 'poo'.

Same for the Russia Server Hoax.

Same for 51 lying Intell Agench shills - the Biden Laptop from Hell was true.

Covid naturally occurred - Hoax.

Biden was physically unable to campaign- true.

There's a lengthy list.
calbear93
movielover said:

The Fake illegal dossier trying to take down a President isn't 'poo'.

Same for the Russia Server Hoax.

Same for 51 lying Intell Agench shills - the Biden Laptop from Hell was true.

Covid naturally occurred - Hoax.

Biden was physically unable to campaign- true.

There's a lengthy list.
This coming from the party that gave us pizzagate.
movielover
Even Ohtani only hits .300.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.