Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,871 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

In other words, they are taking the choice away from their voters lol. This is going to be crazy to watch.

I bet most all of those voters wish they had a redo, so it would actually be giving them a choice this time.

Somewhat analogous to when a DA decides not to prosecute because the victim doesn't want to press charges.

Heritage Foundation (quakin' in their boots): Let's do something to prevent the Dems from having a better candidate!

MinotStateBeav
Big C said:

MinotStateBeav said:

In other words, they are taking the choice away from their voters lol. This is going to be crazy to watch.

I bet most all of those voters wish they had a redo, so it would actually be giving them a choice this time.

Somewhat analogous to when a DA decides not to prosecute because the victim doesn't want to press charges.

Heritage Foundation (quakin' in their boots): Let's do something to prevent the Dems from having a better candidate!

LOL, No REDOS. Btw blame the DNC, they closed the primaries and anointed Biden. RFK Jr got robbed of the opportunity to run against him.
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

MinotStateBeav said:

LOL, No REDOS. Btw blame the DNC, they closed the primaries and anointed Biden. RFK Jr got robbed of the opportunity to run against him.

I totally get "the other side" wanting the Democratic Party to get stuck with a weak candidate. Were the shoe on the other foot, I'd probably feel the same way. Winning.

But I want to win too and that means getting our best candidate in there. I'm sure most of my fellow Dems want that, too. Now, did our party screw up? Big time. So now we want to unscrew up.

And just looking at it objectively, isn't that the best thing for the country, to have the best candidate from each party square off? Iron sharpens iron. Happy 4th of July, America!

Remind me who RFK Jr is again. I thought he died in a plane crash. Wait, that was JFK Jr. Oh yeah, RFK Jr... the conspiracy theorist who sounds like he's choking worse than Biden. You'd think his name would be coming up as someone who could fill the void. I guess he's buried.

sycasey
For the sake of argument, let's say Biden's health has legitimately deteriorated over the last year to the point at which he can no longer run for office. Maybe it wasn't the case at the time the primary vote started, but it is now. Is a "do-over" not warranted at that point? A different candidate to take his place?

I know, some of you will say that everyone really knew this at the time. Maybe some did. But again, just for the sake of argument let's say this is a recent downturn. Does a replacement candidate really seem unfair? We've seen other politicians die while in a campaign and had their spouses or some other surrogate take their spot. Was that an unfair do-over?
movielover
My understanding is either Biden the nominee quits, or the Cabinet invokes the 25th Amendment. In that case, Kamala is the nominee?

Democrats would have the advantage of a honeymoon period, and limited time for scrutiny.
movielover
Republicans are celebrating too early.

MinotStateBeav
Thing is, today is going to be strange. Biden is doing this 15 minute interview with Stephanopoulus that is going to be edited before it airs. If Biden comes off looking bad, than it will be obvious his party is trying to kick him out. I have to wonder if Georgie is going to actually ask him anything challenging. Regardless, I don't think this interview is going to effect independents much, he's probably hoping to calm his party down lol. Btw Stephanopoulus has severe TDS so he should be lobbing some huge softballs for Joe to attack Trump.
tequila4kapp
MinotStateBeav said:

Thing is, today is going to be strange. Biden is doing this 15 minute interview with Stephanopoulus that is going to be edited before it airs. If Biden comes off looking bad, than it will be obvious his party is trying to kick him out. I have to wonder if Georgie is going to actually ask him anything challenging. Regardless, I don't think this interview is going to effect independents much, he's probably hoping to calm his party down lol. Btw Stephanopoulus has severe TDS so he should be lobbing some huge softballs for Joe to attack Trump.
It is almost offensive. Just like them now claiming that travel was part of the problem...never mind the travel ended 11 days before the debate. If they really wanted to put these questions to bed they'd trot Biden out for an unscripted, no holds barred, open ended live press conference.
tequila4kapp
Per Axios WH staffers are miserable and a high-ranking Democratic National Committee (DNC) official expresses concerns Biden is being propped up by his inner circle like 'Weekend at Bernie's'
calbear93
tequila4kapp said:

MinotStateBeav said:

It is almost offensive. Just like them now claiming that travel was part of the problem...never mind the travel ended 11 days before the debate. If they really wanted to put these questions to bed they'd trot Biden out for an unscripted, no holds barred, open ended live press conference.

Anyone thinking this deteriorated Biden will be an effective leader at 86 and after four more years is delusional. The only reason to vote for Biden is that a living corpse or Harris with no actual signature accomplishment will be better than the idiot with a severe personality disorder. The amount of delusion on both sides, gaslighting extreme personality disorder on one side and senility and feebleness on the other is pretty amazing. I'm excited to vote!
tequila4kapp
I am legit sad for Biden and sad for the country that these are our options. I'm also pissed at Biden's inner circle and family for being so blindly power hungry that they are doing this to an 81 year old man that deserves compassion and caring.
movielover
"the idiot with a severe personality disorder" - aka President Trump:

- no new wars
- no proxy war with Russia
- no inflation
- Real Wage growth
- five (5) Mideast peace deals
- key USMCA trade deals, helping Mexico craft a middle class & strengthening North America
- energy independent
- NATO strengthened
- secure border
movielover
tequila4kapp said:

I am legit sad for Biden and sad for the country that these are our options. I'm also pissed at Biden's inner circle and family for being so blindly power hungry that they are doing this to an 81 year old man that deserves compassion and caring.

According to recent revelations, some members of the family were upset that the DNC was running a man w dementia. I guess Bernie was too extreme, HRC too unlikable.

But we all knew this with Covid as a cover for Biden campaigning from his basement. So the DNC, DC, and MSM lied to us for 4.6 years, all in a lust for power; and Russia launched their SMO with an invalid, misspoke POTUS allowing a 'minor incursion'.

One million dead soldiers, Ukraine and NATO wrecked, historic inflation, cities ruined, border wide open, 10-20 million new illegal, unvetted immigrants, and Russia far stronger as BRICS rises.

Today we find out the leader of the free world doesn't normally work at 9 AM - must be sleeping. Probably on Obama time (didn't he clock in at lunch?).

movielover
tequila4kapp
There are assorted pieces out there raising apparently legit legal issues. Dems / Left sources.
- The money apparently cannot transfer to any other candidate beside Harris
- Some key battleground states have deadlines for naming the candidate, those deadlines have passed.

Etc, etc.
I don't think we have to bother ourselves with Newom or snyone else. It's Biden or Harris, apparently.
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

There are assorted pieces out there raising apparently legit legal issues. Dems / Left sources.
- Some key battleground states have deadlines for naming the candidate, those deadlines have passed.

Etc, etc.
I don't think we have to bother ourselves with Newom or snyone else. It's Biden or Harris, apparently.
It would certainly be a lot easier to transfer everything over to Harris over anyone else, given that she is already on the ticket.
bear2034

Regime media is using and recycling long-stale MAGA talking points to criticize Biden.
tequila4kapp
bear2034 said:

Regime media is using and recycling long-stale MAGA talking points to criticize Biden.

Are they stale if they are true and everyone is seeing for themselves the truthfulness?
MinotStateBeav
DISNEY HEIRESS THREATENING TO WITHOLD MILLIONS FROM ALL DEMOCRATS UNLESS BIDEN LEAVES AND KAMALA TAKES OVER.

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-heiress-ends-democratic-party-donations-until-biden-exits-race-2024-7?op=1
First few sentences from the article:

President Joe Biden is facing stiff opposition from some high-profile Hollywood donors a week after his disastrous debate performance against former President Donald Trump.

Millionaire heiress Abigail Disney told CNBC on Thursday that she will stop donations to the Democratic Party "until they replace Biden at the top of the ticket."

"Biden is a good man and has served his country admirably, but the stakes are far too high," Disney, a longtime Democratic donor, told the outlet. "If Biden does not step down, the Democrats will lose. Of that, I am absolutely certain. The consequences for the loss will be genuinely dire."
bear2034

If Biden decides to step down, there will be more than a handful of questions that need to be answered.
bear2034
MinotStateBeav said:

George is loyal to the Clintons first. If he repeatedly challenges Biden, then I would certainly think it's coming from that camp.
bear2034
calbear93 said:

Anyone thinking this deteriorated Biden will be an effective leader at 86 and after four more years is delusional. The only reason to vote for Biden is that a living corpse or Harris with no actual signature accomplishment will be better than the idiot with a severe personality disorder. The amount of delusion on both sides, gaslighting extreme personality disorder on one side and senility and feebleness on the other is pretty amazing. I'm excited to vote!

Don't worry, Chris Christie will have another shot in 2028.
movielover
bear2034 said:

If Biden decides to step down, there will be more than a handful of questions that need to be answered.

Haven't they already abdicated their responsibility by not removing him after the debate?
bear2034
movielover said:

bear2034 said:

Haven't they already abdicated their responsibility by not removing him after the debate?

Yes! And if the Bidens were serious, Joe would have taken a cognitive exam to silence his critics. If his dissenters were serious, they would have demanded him to do so right after the debate since they didn't ask him before he took office.
bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

bear2034 said:

Are they stale if they are true and everyone is seeing for themselves the truthfulness?

And if the reports are true that the Democrats are replacing Biden with Kamala due to the Commander-in-chief's current mental and physical state, then we are currently in a national security crisis?
bear2034

Biden's interview with Stephanopoulos will be recorded this afternoon in Wisconsin and air tonight at 8p ET/ 5p PT. ABC claims it will air in its entirely.
movielover
Today Mumbles said President Trump should be exiled.

Since that won't happen, is this a nudge to the DOJ to jail Trump?

tequila4kapp
bear2034 said:

movielover said:

bear2034 said:

Yes! And if the Bidens were serious, Joe would have taken a cognitive exam to silence his critics. If his dissenters were serious, they would have demanded him to do so right after the debate since they didn't ask him before he took office.
Cognitive test and/or a public unscripted and not controlled press conference.
AunBear89
You realize most of this is largely made up? Just because the Trump campaign or RNC (effectively the same thing) sent you an email and encouraged you to copy and paste, doesn't make it true.

Provide well sourced links that detail and explained each of the accomplishments you list. We will wait.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
Wow. The conservative circle wank is in full effect here. I'm going to take a scalding shower to wash your jubilations off.

I haven't seen a bunch of conservative morons this happy since you all were told it was ok to drink Bud Lite again.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
movielover said:

Today Mumbles said President Trump should be exiled.

Since that won't happen, is this a nudge to the DOJ to jail Trump?
"Exile" does sound more innocuous than "imprison."

bear2034
AunBear89 said:

I'm going to take a scalding shower to wash your jubilations off.
BREAKING:

We don't know who tweeted this (Jill Biden) because Biden is currently on stage at a campaign rally in Wisconsin.
movielover
AunBear89 said:

You realize most of this is largely made up? Just because the Trump campaign or RNC (effectively the same thing) sent you an email and encouraged you to copy and paste, doesn't make it true.

Provide well sourced links that detail and explained each of the accomplishments you list. We will wait.

The White House - Feb 20, 2020

"The Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) final pre-election forecasts from August 2016 illustrate how today's economic turnaround was unexpected before President Trump's election. As of the end of 2019, the figure below illustrates five ways economic results under President Trump exceeded CBO's forecasts:

- Real GDP is 1.4 percentor $260 billion higher than projected;
- Real wage and salary compensation per household is roughly $2,300 higher than projected;
- Total nonfarm payroll employment is 5 million higher than projected;
- The unemployment rate is 1.4 percentage points below projections;
- The labor force participation rate is 1.5 percentage points above projections.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/articles/trump-bump-real/

American Institute

"Trump's era witnessed a robust upward trajectory of real earnings, with considerable gains by lower-income earners, thereby reducing income inequality. We must acknowledge a real wage spike in 2020 during Trump's lockdowns, marked by the loss of 22 million jobs and various challenges. To maintain a fair analysis, I disregard this spike.

"A year later, real wages demonstrated a decline under Biden. Extending the timeframe to two years later, real wages remain relatively flat to slightly increased."

https://www.aier.org/article/immigration-inflation-and-wages-better-under-trump-or-biden/
Big C
tequila4kapp said:

Etc, etc.

I agree with almost all of what you have written on this page of the thread.

However, regarding it having to be Biden or Harris at this point, no, I'm pretty sure there are various workarounds. It would take some powerful Dems having some balls and also maybe thinking outside of the box, but it could be done. I fear that both of the above might be asking too much, however.

If Biden were to leave and Harris were to be anointed (without some sort of last-minute contest), the Democratic Party would have to rename itself, or be sued for false advertising.
dajo9
Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

Etc, etc.

I agree with almost all of what you have written on this page of the thread.

However, regarding it having to be Biden or Harris at this point, no, I'm pretty sure there are various workarounds. It would take some powerful Dems having some balls and also maybe thinking outside of the box, but it could be done. I fear that both of the above might be asking too much, however.

If Biden were to leave and Harris were to be anointed (without some sort of last-minute contest), the Democratic Party would have to rename itself, or be sued for false advertising.

The Democratic primary voting already took place. Biden / Harris won. Harris would be anointed by the Democratic primary voters. That means if Biden bows out, it is Harris, who would be a great candidate and President.

I say this as somebody whose favorite is Newsom. But everybody not named Biden or Harris took themselves out of the running.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.