Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,880 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Traitor Trump is in a tough spot now. Does he duck President Biden in a 2nd debate or does he do the 2nd debate and suffer the consequences of President Biden exceeding all expectations much closer to the election?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
DiabloWags
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Based on their twitter feeds, everyone has come out in support of Biden after the debate except for Pelosi who only made comments about Trump, and Michelle Obama. Hmmmm.

If you're heavily invested, that's what you probably do in the short-term, as you figure out the best course of action.

The way in which a Presidential Campaign (or any political campaign) would look to correct last night's train wreck is to throw the candidate back out into the Media as much as you possibly can.

But given Biden's state of health, that's not really an option.

Big problem.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Based on their twitter feeds, everyone has come out in support of Biden after the debate except for Pelosi who only made comments about Trump, and Michelle Obama. Hmmmm.

If you're heavily invested, that's what you probably do in the short-term, as you figure out the best course of action.

The way in which a Presidential Campaign (or any political campaign) would look to correct last night's train wreck is to throw the candidate back out into the Media as much as you possibly can.

Big problem.

Disagree. F the media. They have always hated President Biden and he will never win through the media. They are hooked on those Traitor Trump ratings.

You go right to the voters which is exactly what President Biden did today.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Big problem.

Disagree. F the media. They have always hated President Biden and he will never win through the media. They are hooked on those Traitor Trump ratings.

Exactly, this is how you do it. Lock him up! Lock him up!
bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

DiabloWags said:

Yup.
This is the "talk" that your family has with Grandpa that they need to take the car keys away.

This ^^^^

It has to be Jill and Hunter Biden.
As if that will happen. This was not an epiphany for those two. They have most likely seen what we all saw for much longer. They don't care.

This has to be someone who actually cares for this country. Maybe Obama? Maybe some key donors?
I think it's criminal that Hunter and Jill have done this to Joe. But remember the old line about the presidency and how nobody gives it up. Reportedly, family is everything to the Biden's. I'm saying I don't think Biden would listen to anyone else. Donors, former Senate colleagues, Obama…he's not going to respond. I think it has to be the family. Maybe the answer is for those donors and Obama and colleagues to work on Jill and Hunter???

Is Jill guilty of elder abuse?
movielover
bearister said:

When tRump Redux gets fired up, he can and will pardon himself of all the federal felonies he committed and was charged with.

He is stuck with the 34 state felony convictions that will be affirmed on appeal. He is stuck with state court damage awards with accrued interest that are now $500,000,000+.

A dictatorship makes that entire sh@it sandwich go bye bye….but with the new and improved tRump unchained, that $500M is chump change easily discharged with the business deal scratch he can make with the House of Saud, Bibi, Putin and other heads of state. He also has more that a few documents squirreled away that will garner a pretty penny. The $2,000,000,000 Saudi Jarvanka lined up now hits the ho hum column.

Has Biden ever explained why his family has 227 businesses, but produce and sell zero products or services?
movielover
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Big problem.

I agree 100%. Biden should stay in the race and fight to the end.
bear2034
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Big problem.

I agree 100%. Biden should stay in the race and fight to the end.

LET'S GO JOE!
movielover
After the 1:30 mark, Dr. Jill Biden stops holding Joe's hand, and takes something off of her wedding finger as a man whispers to her. She then hands it to a man in a tan suit. What is she handing him?

Big C
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Jill Biden
Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Chuck Shumer

Big problem.

"The media" can be pretty sure they're doing something right when all sides think that their candidate is getting screwed.
82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

After the 1:30 mark, Dr. Jill Biden stops holding Joe's hand, and takes something off of her wedding finger as a man whispers to her. She then hands it to a man in a tan suit. What is she handing him?

Looks like she takes off her wedding ring to 'work the ropes'.
GoOskie
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/28/politics/video/allan-lichtman-cnn-debate-democrats-call-to-replace-biden-digvid

Dr. Allan Lichtman, an American University professor of history, says replacing Biden would be "foolhardy nonsense". He has a formula that has successfully predicted all but one presidential election since 1984. He also predicted Dump would win in 2016.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/allan-lichtman-2024-prediction_n_662f53f2e4b09dcb78304547

tequila4kapp
GoOskie said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/28/politics/video/allan-lichtman-cnn-debate-democrats-call-to-replace-biden-digvid

Dr. Allan Lichtman, an American University professor of history, says replacing Biden would be "foolhardy nonsense". He has a formula that has successfully predicted all but one presidential election since 1984. He also predicted Dump would win in 2016.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/allan-lichtman-2024-prediction_n_662f53f2e4b09dcb78304547

I didn't open the link but I presume it predicts a path for Biden to win. If so, it bothers me because it is inherently partisan. Biden is so mentally feeble we collectively should be looking to do what's best for the country, not what helps D's win.

Let's start with things everyone should be able to agree with. 1 - Trump is not good for the country. 2 - Biden is mentally and physically incapable of doing the job. The country deserves better than both of them. Since Trump is not going anywhere someone needs to convince Biden to drop out and D's need to be prepared to name someone that is decidedly not partisan. Own the center, win the election (the left has nowhere else to go). I mentioned Manchin in another post. Tim Kaine? Tester? I don't know who else, but someone that's centrist, not controversial, who's fit for the job. Basically a modern day Harry Truman type.
movielover
Who's good and bad for the country?

........................ Biden.... Trump
Wars ....................2 ...........0
War w Russia.....proxy ..... No
Russia+ Land.... yes...........no
Military .............weaker.....strong
Inflation ............high..........low
NATO .................weak........strong
Border ...............horrible....strong
Ill immigrants ...18 M.........3M?
Crime .................bad ..........better
Hostage cost......$1B .........$0
Energy Indp........No............Yes
Strong Leader....No.............Yes

It appears racist to pass over the first half black, half Indian, female VP. Either you believe in DEI, or you don't.
tequila4kapp
Trump is the single most devicive and polarizing politician of our generation, if not ever. Policy stuff aside we know the next 4 years will be hell. This dynamic isn't changing with a better economy or nicer tweets. It's not good for the country (IMO) for us to be constantly at each other's throats over everything for 4 years.
GoOskie
tequila4kapp said:

GoOskie said:

I didn't open the link but I presume it predicts a path for Biden to win. If so, it bothers me because it is inherently partisan. Biden is so mentally feeble we collectively should be looking to do what's best for the country, not what helps D's win.

Let's start with things everyone should be able to agree with. 1 - Trump is not good for the country. 2 - Biden is mentally and physically incapable of doing the job. The country deserves better than both of them. Since Trump is not going anywhere someone needs to convince Biden to drop out and D's need to be prepared to name someone that is decidedly not partisan. Own the center, win the election (the left has nowhere else to go). I mentioned Manchin in another post. Tim Kaine? Tester? I don't know who else, but someone that's centrist, not controversial, who's fit for the job. Basically a modern day Harry Truman type.
I didn't read your comment but I presume...never mind.

First link is about why replacing Biden is a mistake. Second link is a short summary on the man and his 13 keys that he uses to predict an election.
Big C
tequila4kapp said:

GoOskie said:

This works for me. I saw Minnesota Governor Tim Walz on one of the news shows last night. He has also served in the House. He exudes a "common man" aura but is also well spoken and fast on his feet (figuratively). As far as I'm concerned, they can put him in the White House right now and we can skip the agony that is going to be the next 5 months... and maybe 5 years.
82gradDLSdad
tequila4kapp said:

GoOskie said:

The Dems have had this guy for months...Dean Phillips. They crippled him. But he is a decent enough as a person to not hold grudges and would be perfect. Go read about him. He was in the primary for quite some time.
bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

Trump is the single most devicive and polarizing politician of our generation, if not ever. Policy stuff aside we know the next 4 years will be hell. This dynamic isn't changing with a better economy or nicer tweets. It's not good for the country (IMO) for us to be constantly at each other's throats over everything for 4 years.

I don't see Trump being a dividing force as much as the media is. He's the perfect target to draw in viewers and ratings and they will fan the flames in their attempts to aggravate the public. Fortunately, more people are seeing through the propaganda and are tuning them out completely.
movielover
Agreed. Our propoganda Progressive media and Intell Community are the real threat. The past 7 years has been a cover-up operation for illegal acts by the IC.
tequila4kapp
And did they do that before Trump? Do they really do it to others, especially non-maga Rs? No. Trump brings out the worst in the IC/DOJ. 4 more years of Trump = 4 more years of all that crap,
movielover
So President Trump is responsible for the adolescent public flagellation and felonious illegal acts directed at preventing an Outsider from rising and spoiling the tens of Trillions of dollars in spoils for the Globalist WEF Wall Street neocon crowd - via turning America into a service-driven Greenie Wasteland & international Irish Cop of the Haves and Have Nots?
tequila4kapp
"Is responsible" is a tough characterization. Trump created TDS which is a precondition to it. The IC / DOJ stuff doesn't happen with any mainstream politician, only Trump.
bear2034

How would Democrats pivot to a different candidate? Even if they impeach Biden, isn't Jason Palmer the next man up, whoever Jason Palmer is?
bear2034

It's simple: Democrats are intentionally destroying democracy. They all knew Biden was infirm. But they waited till after the primary to acknowledge someone would need to succeed him. They waited till the people no longer had any say in who the Party would nominate. In other words, they waited till there wasn't any shred of democracy involved in picking the leader of the Democrat Party.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

GoOskie said:

President Biden is a Harry Truman type. They are both big supporters of labor, taxes on the wealthy, and expanded health care (though Truman was more liberal on health care than Biden, as Truman supported national health care). They were both also vastly underestimated by the media.

President Biden has done a great job. If he were to choose to step down, it would be candidate Kamala Harris. I would happily give her my vote and she is the top contender for 2028 (though my personal favorite is Newsom, for 2028, 2024 or any year). But there is no reason for me to think anything like that is going to happen. Right now the media and a cabal of behind the scenes donors / media parasites are working up a money making feeding frenzy. They'll collect another bump in ratings, take some paychecks, and move on. Democrats aren't calling for President Biden to step down, nor should we call for the best President of our lifetime to step down.
movielover
Some insiders argue we always knew our dementia President would only last one term, so the radical Progressives stuffed all their dreams into his term. Wide open border, plane tickets for illegal immigrants, massive GND policies.

movielover

GoOskie
What are these so called top 5 hoaxes? If one is russian collusion, calling it a hoax is about as brain dead as one can get considering that dump is and has been @ss deep with russians.
MinotStateBeav
"Joe, you have $200 million despite working for the government for your entire working career. Maybe it's time you head to the Cayman Islands and cash out."
oski003
MinotStateBeav said:

"Joe, you have $200 million despite working for the government for your entire working career. Maybe it's time you head to the Cayman Islands and cash out."

Who is Biden @ss deep with to get $200 million?
tequila4kapp
The knives are officially coming out.

Axios report cites unnamed WH staffers that Biden is dependably engaged only from 10am to 4pm. They acknowledge seeing lesser Biden - unstable, not all there - outside those hours, while abroad, etc.

This is BAD. The man should not be President today, much less the 2024 nominee. 25th Amendment stuff for the country and the humane way to treat a lifelong public servant.
tequila4kapp
And more. Not Fox, not Breitbart. Axios.

Top aides shielded Biden from staff, but couldn't hide the debate
Alex Thompson

Joe Biden's close aides have carefully shielded him from people inside and outside the White House since the beginning of his presidency.

Why it matters: The intermittent access has resulted in many current and former White House aides being shocked at the 81-year-old president's limitations at the debate Thursday night.
Driving the news: Current and former White House aides are feeling whiplash and now questioning whether Biden could fulfill a second term.

"It's time for Joe to go." That's what Chandler West, the White House's deputy director of photography from January 2021 to May 2022, wrote in an Instagram story after the debate.
"I know many of these people and how the White House operates. They will say he has a 'cold' or just experienced a 'bad night,' but for weeks and months, in private, they have all said what we saw last night Joe is not as strong as he was just a couple of years ago," West wrote, according to screenshots obtained by Axios.
Reached by phone, West said he wrote the post because "the debate was not the first bad day, and it's not gonna be the last." He declined to comment further.
The president and his team have acknowledged Biden had a bad night but said he had a cold.
Zoom in: Biden's behavior stunned many in the White House in part because Biden's closest aides often led by Jill Biden's top aide, Anthony Bernal, and deputy chief of staff Annie Tomasini took steps early in his term to essentially rope off the president.

Even the White House's residence staff, which serves the first family in the mansion's living quarters, has been kept at arm's length.
A former residence official told Axios that Jill Biden was "so protective of the president, and then Anthony just protects her, and they often wouldn't let us do anything for them."
"The separation between the family and the residence staff was so big, so divided," the former official said. "It's not supposed to be and usually isn't, even in the Trump White House."
A White House official said the president "is deeply appreciative of the residence staff's work, but is unused to being waited on regularly or having butlers, so some staff are often allowed to go home early."
Bernal, Tomasini and other close aides had easy access to the residence area of the White House (marked RES on passes).

Some residence staff found it unusual political staffers typically don't have such access and another example of the tight circle around the president.
The White House official said: "Annie and Anthony never requested to have 'Res' on their badges and there are other political staff who have that designation, too."
The intrigue: The former residence official recounted an early incident that set a tone for many residence staffers.

On July 4, 2021, Biden hosted a party on the South Lawn in which he declared "independence" from the coronavirus pandemic.
It was a hot day and after hours outside, Biden went back into the White House through the Diplomatic Room, and then into the nearby Map Room.
Biden sat down and the door was abruptly shut as Biden's aides blocked the White House butlers and residence staff from aiding the president.
They suggested to the staffers that the president was just a little overheated. But the episode left residence staff feeling like his close aides were creating a barrier around anything possibly related to the president's health, the former official said.

Asked about the incident, the White House official told Axios: "There are many reasons for presidents to need some staff to leave the room at any time, because they often deal with sensitive information."
Between the lines: Shielding Biden was a safe and obvious move during COVID. But some within the White House have felt that some of those habits have lingered long afterward.
White House spokesperson Andrew Bates told Axios: "In every administration, there are individuals who would prefer to spend more time with the President and senior officials. President Biden fights hard for families every day, working with a wide range of team members at what he is proud is the most diverse White House ever - and achieving historic results for the American people because of his determination, values, and experience."
GoOskie
The people will still vote for Biden, because trump is a sucker and a loser.
Big C
GoOskie said:

The people will still vote for Biden, because trump is a sucker and a loser.

Many people will still vote for Biden. Heck, I will, if he is still the Dem nominee in November. However, this election will be about what a few million people in 6-7 key states will do (or won't do. i.e. vote).

A week ago, I thought Bided had a pretty good chance of winning. His chances now look considerably smaller. Supposedly, he prepped extensively for this debate. Either the people prepping him were beyond incompetent, or Biden is beyond help.

This election is about a lot more than egos or "what Jill Biden thinks". If he stays on the ticket, he damned well better win (and I'm not seeing that right now)... because if he doesn't win, heads should roll: It will be the worst case of hubris and short-sightedness in modern American political history.

Too bad this wasn't taken care of over a year ago. That said, I don't want to hear bs like "it's too late now" or "it'll have to be his decision" or "he'll only listen to his wife, his sister and his friend" or "what about Kamala Harris" or any other crap or rationalizations or calcified thinking.

If they need to get somebody better in there -- and they probably do -- just find a way to make it happen. It's possible. Find a few other candidates and find a way to let them quickly duke it out. Include Kamala Harris: she can either sink or float.

Biden has done a good job. He'll always have that. Thanks, Joe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.