Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,881 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like they're rolling with Joe for now (until the next big Senior Moment, at least).
movielover
The real question is, did Ted Danson do the Nasty w Whoopi in Blackface?

Whoopi seems to really have a case of Jungle Fever. Why doesn't she date black men?

tequila4kapp
Chuck Todd and Politico's Jonathan Martin (formerly of CNN and NYT) discuss on Todd's podcast that Biden's deterioration was an open secret - the 'nonversation' - for years, that two years ago a Cabinet member discussed with Todd that Biden wasn't capable of running again.

Note that this was not reported at the time. They both shrug off any idea that the media was protecting Biden, instead saying Biden's access was so tightly managed it was like he was still running the campaign in his basement. They note he hasn't done a Sunday show in 3 years.

Martin surmises that Dem's didn't do anything about it because their constituents really like Biden and they wanted to avoid the next logical question if Biden was out: Are you for the Vice President? They didn't want to have to answer that question.
tequila4kapp
A WH official reportedly tells The Atlantic they hope Biden makes a gaffe at the NATO conference because that will help push him out.

O U C H
movielover
tequila4kapp
Even more... NBC news reports members of Biden's own campaign are saying he needs to drop out.
bear2034
The gloves are off and the media is in full attack mode.

Bombshell CNN Report Reveals Biden Cabinet Secretaries Submitted Questions Ahead of 'Pre-Scripted' Meetings With President

As if we didn't know this already?
movielover
Hillary had questions in advance.

Ridiculous that the GOP doesn't require Fox News to host one debate.
Big C
tequila4kapp said:

Chuck Todd and Politico's Jonathan Martin (formerly of CNN and NYT) discuss on Todd's podcast that Biden's deterioration was an open secret - the 'nonversation' - for years, that two years ago a Cabinet member discussed with Todd that Biden wasn't capable of running again.

Note that this was not reported at the time. They both shrug off any idea that the media was protecting Biden, instead saying Biden's access was so tightly managed it was like he was still running the campaign in his basement. They note he hasn't done a Sunday show in 3 years.

Martin surmises that Dem's didn't do anything about it because their constituents really like Biden and they wanted to avoid the next logical question if Biden was out: Are you for the Vice President? They didn't want to have to answer that question.

This situation really pisses me off. It's pretty tough to tell a sitting President that they shouldn't run again, but somebody needed to do it... last year. I don't know who Jill Biden thinks she's helping, but the answer is "nobody". Well, maybe Trump.

Regarding Dems whose "constituents really liked Biden", lol, I thought the polls showed that nobody really liked him.

Regarding what he could have said about Kamala Harris, something like, "I think she'd be a great President, but I'll endorse whoever is my party's nominee.

I guess his press conference is on now? I can't bear to watch! If he's terrible, it's like watching a train wreck; if he's "so-so, not that good", even worse probably.
smh
> This situation really pisses me off..

in this bear's sagging 70s i can testify that, surrre, much better to elect someone younger than me. and yet (funny thing) somehow doubts are only brought to bear on the D candidate, when life-long con artist, putin-puppet, and wannabe dictator for life T is several years older than me..

> Donald Trump age
> 78 years
> June 14, 1946

muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
Big C
smh said:

> This situation really pisses me off..

in this bear's sagging 70s i can testify that, surrre, much better to elect someone younger than me. and yet (funny thing) somehow doubts are only brought to bear on the D candidate, when life-long con artist, putin-puppet, and wannabe dictator for life T is several years older than me..

> Donald Trump age
> 78 years
> June 14, 1946

Trump is worse than Biden, no question. Light years worse. That is why I want our best possible candidate in there to run against him.
sycasey
Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

This situation really pisses me off. It's pretty tough to tell a sitting President that they shouldn't run again, but somebody needed to do it... last year. I don't know who Jill Biden thinks she's helping, but the answer is "nobody". Well, maybe Trump.
I agree that the conversation should have happened earlier, but in fairness it could also be true that Biden's condition has deteriorated quickly over the last year, culminating in the current panic. Like, maybe he had issues before but it was manageable and you could keep things running just fine with him (similar to Reagan at the end of his term). But now it's reached a point where you can't anymore. Some people age faster than others.

Or also there could have been a massive conspiracy to defraud the public and every Democrat is guilty! I suspect the truth is somewhere in between, but I don't really know.

Either way . . . he should drop out.
Big C
sycasey said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

I agree that the conversation should have happened earlier, but in fairness it could also be true that Biden's condition has deteriorated quickly over the last year, culminating in the current panic. Like, maybe he had issues before but it was manageable and you could keep things running just fine with him (similar to Reagan at the end of his term). But now it's reached a point where you can't anymore. Some people age faster than others.

Or also there could have been a massive conspiracy to defraud the public and every Democrat is guilty! I suspect the truth is somewhere in between, but I don't really know.

Agree. Wait... your last four words... does this mean he had a bad press conference? I sure as heck couldn't watch.
movielover
They all knew: he campaigned from his basement.
dajo9
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

Agree. Wait... your last four words... does this mean he had a bad press conference? I sure as heck couldn't watch.

I didn't watch but the reviews seem pretty solid.

"Control guns not girls"
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
MinotStateBeav
Today is kind of glorious if your Pres. Trump (or Vice President Trump lol). Biden did good enough to make dems livid in this presser. Biden is not going to leave voluntarily so the party insiders were hoping he melted down to make it easier..but now Obama/Schumer/Pelosi might have to speak up, something they don't want to do.
sycasey
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

I didn't watch it. The debate basically solidified this idea in my mind.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

What meds are you on?

First press conference in 8 months.
He said that Trump was his VP.

This is elder abuse.
Epic Fail.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bear2034
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

What meds are you on?

This is elder abuse.
Epic Fail.

Biden did better than expected. His usual gaffes were already priced in.
DiabloWags
The Democrats are commiting political malpractice.

Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Today is kind of glorious if your Pres. Trump (or Vice President Trump lol). Biden did good enough to make dems livid in this presser. Biden is not going to leave voluntarily so the party insiders were hoping he melted down to make it easier..but now Obama/Schumer/Pelosi might have to speak up, something they don't want to do.

All true.
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

What meds are you on?

This is elder abuse.
Epic Fail.

Don't be led around the nose by money driven corporate news. The press conference was substantive and boring. Exactly what the corporate press does not want because it is bad for ratings. They want ratings. They want Trump to be President and then they want to hyperventilate about Trump his whole Presidency. That's how they make money.

https://www.threads.net/@stephenwunderlich/post/C9UblhkpgX4/?xmt=AQGzkBQ1W2YJjxE9mLBc6djt_vAP0ZJWFo2lp73QJonUKA
DiabloWags
Cool Deflection.

"VP Trump"

"President Putin"

oski003
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

What meds are you on?

This is elder abuse.
Epic Fail.

Don't be led around the nose by money driven corporate news. The press conference was substantive and boring. Exactly what the corporate press does not want because it is bad for ratings. They want ratings. They want Trump to be President and then they want to hyperventilate about Trump his whole Presidency. That's how they make money.

https://www.threads.net/@stephenwunderlich/post/C9UblhkpgX4/?xmt=AQGzkBQ1W2YJjxE9mLBc6djt_vAP0ZJWFo2lp73QJonUKA

If that is true, Trump must not be as bad as you make him out to be. Aren't they better served writing articles about him raping children? Why don't you join the media and do it?
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

Cool Deflection.

"VP Trump"

"President Putin"

Even Minot said President Biden did "good enough". For Minot to say that about this President tells us all that he did a really good job.
movielover
DiabloWags said:

Run, Joe, run. Some of his answers were meandering, thoughtful, and nuanced. Not as meandering as Obama. Joe is the Man. Stop the ageism. He has wisdom.
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

Run, Joe, run. Some of his answers were meandering, thoughtful, and nuanced. Not as meandering as Obama. Joe is the Man. Stop the ageism. He has
wisdom.

Dems wished for Reagan. Be careful what you wish for, you just never know
AunBear89
Do you have substantive evidence that he was in his basement? (am I doing this right, concerntroll003?)

Or are you just repeating a funny MAGA joke that Poso tweeted several hundred times?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Do you have substantive evidence that he was in his basement? (am I doing this right, concerntroll003?)

Or are you just repeating a funny MAGA joke that Poso tweeted several hundred times?

I do. We really don't know if he was actually in his basement.
Normal folks would know that is a figure of speech to draw attention to his hiding from the public instead of campaigning. We do know that he didn't campaign or give speeches close to the same amount as historical presidential candidates. We also know that his team feeds the press questions they are allowed to ask.

Do you see how this works? You can actually respond to someone with substance. It helps when you are right.
It also helps not acting like an emotional fifth grade turd lashing out at anyone with opposing views. Hopefully, you learned something here. You don't seem to do much of that
BearGoggles
tequila4kapp said:

This is the entire story. The press covered for Biden as recently as last week ("deep fakes" claims for the charity event where Clooney has now confirmed Biden was out of it) and our country has already paid a steep price with Biden asleep at the wheel. All because they have convinced themselves that anything that might help trump must be avoided regardless of the resulting harm to the country.

And Todd and his cohorts have no remorse. Had they reported on this case with 1% of the energy they directed toward trump, Biden would not be the current dem candidate and the country would have a better choice.

Who has been (and is) running the country? It is incredible to me we don't know, yet there still is no reporting on that critical issue.

movielover
George Clooney was allegedly being groomed to run for the White House. Supposedly dim. Best buds with Obama, hence, Obama gave his wife the green light to write George's op-ed telling Joe to step down.
bear2034
BearGoggles said:

Who has been (and is) running the country? It is incredible to me we don't know, yet there still is no reporting on that critical issue.

Sometimes they don't hide things, they're doing it in front of our faces.
bear2034
movielover said:

George Clooney was allegedly being groomed to run for the White House. Supposedly dim. Best buds with Obama, hence, Obama gave his wife the green light to write George's op-ed telling Joe to step down.
Michelle felt mistreated by some of Biden's White House staffers.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

This is the entire story. The press covered for Biden as recently as last week ("deep fakes" claims for the charity event where Clooney has now confirmed Biden was out of it) and our country has already paid a steep price with Biden asleep at the wheel. All because they have convinced themselves that anything that might help trump must be avoided regardless of the resulting harm to the country.

And Todd and his cohorts have no remorse. Had they reported on this case with 1% of the energy they directed toward trump, Biden would not be the current dem candidate and the country would have a better choice.

Whoever is running the country right now should be President for four more years. The current regime has made America great again.
Big C
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Whoever is running the country right now should be President for four more years. The current regime has made America great again.

Disagree/Agree

Disagree because this has always been about next-four-years-Biden, not past-four-years-Biden.

Agree because Biden has done a pretty good job, this first term. The notions that Biden caused the inflation, or that Biden screwed up Afghanistan because it was a fairly messy evacuation... those are ridiculous. Biden is about as capable of finishing out his term as Reagan was his second term. Just probably have to give it to him slowly sometimes, like if it's outside of his 10:00 - 4:00 window!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.