Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,870 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Whoever is running the country right now should be President for four more years. The current regime has made America great again.

Classic post.
dajo9
bear2034 said:

dajo9 said:

Whoever is running the country right now should be President for four more years. The current regime has made America great again.

Classic post.

I've never starred bear2034 before but today is a new day
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

dajo9 said:

Classic post.
I've never starred bear2034 before but today is a new day

We don't know who's running the country right now, but we do know Biden is gone in 6 months?
oski003
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Chuck Todd and Politico's Jonathan Martin (formerly of CNN and NYT) discuss on Todd's podcast that Biden's deterioration was an open secret - the 'nonversation' - for years, that two years ago a Cabinet member discussed with Todd that Biden wasn't capable of running again.

Note that this was not reported at the time. They both shrug off any idea that the media was protecting Biden, instead saying Biden's access was so tightly managed it was like he was still running the campaign in his basement. They note he hasn't done a Sunday show in 3 years.

Martin surmises that Dem's didn't do anything about it because their constituents really like Biden and they wanted to avoid the next logical question if Biden was out: Are you for the Vice President? They didn't want to have to answer that question.
This is the entire story. The press covered for Biden as recently as last week ("deep fakes" claims for the charity event where Clooney has now confirmed Biden was out of it) and our country has already paid a steep price with Biden asleep at the wheel. All because they have convinced themselves that anything that might help trump must be avoided regardless of the resulting harm to the country.

And Todd and his cohorts have no remorse. Had they reported on this case with 1% of the energy they directed toward trump, Biden would not be the current dem candidate and the country would have a better choice.

Who has been (and is) running the country? It is incredible to me we don't know, yet there still is no reporting on that critical issue.

Disagree/Agree

Disagree because this has always been about next-four-years-Biden, not past-four-years-Biden.

Agree because Biden has done a pretty good job, this first term. The notions that Biden caused the inflation, or that Biden screwed up Afghanistan because it was a fairly messy evacuation... those are ridiculous. Biden is about as capable of finishing out his term as Reagan was his second term. Just probably have to give it to him slowly sometimes, like if it's outside of his 10:00 - 4:00 window!

Biden screwed up Afghanistan.
movielover
You love war w Russia, eh? Along w record food inflation, unseen-before mass invasion, NATO crippled, streets out of a Mad Max movie, fentanyl scourge, cartel gangs running around unchallenged, and police in retreat. Ya. Even Liberals flee blue states. Sounds great.
Big C
oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Chuck Todd and Politico's Jonathan Martin (formerly of CNN and NYT) discuss on Todd's podcast that Biden's deterioration was an open secret - the 'nonversation' - for years, that two years ago a Cabinet member discussed with Todd that Biden wasn't capable of running again.

Note that this was not reported at the time. They both shrug off any idea that the media was protecting Biden, instead saying Biden's access was so tightly managed it was like he was still running the campaign in his basement. They note he hasn't done a Sunday show in 3 years.

Martin surmises that Dem's didn't do anything about it because their constituents really like Biden and they wanted to avoid the next logical question if Biden was out: Are you for the Vice President? They didn't want to have to answer that question.
This is the entire story. The press covered for Biden as recently as last week ("deep fakes" claims for the charity event where Clooney has now confirmed Biden was out of it) and our country has already paid a steep price with Biden asleep at the wheel. All because they have convinced themselves that anything that might help trump must be avoided regardless of the resulting harm to the country.

And Todd and his cohorts have no remorse. Had they reported on this case with 1% of the energy they directed toward trump, Biden would not be the current dem candidate and the country would have a better choice.

Who has been (and is) running the country? It is incredible to me we don't know, yet there still is no reporting on that critical issue.

Disagree/Agree

Disagree because this has always been about next-four-years-Biden, not past-four-years-Biden.

Agree because Biden has done a pretty good job, this first term. The notions that Biden caused the inflation, or that Biden screwed up Afghanistan because it was a fairly messy evacuation... those are ridiculous. Biden is about as capable of finishing out his term as Reagan was his second term. Just probably have to give it to him slowly sometimes, like if it's outside of his 10:00 - 4:00 window!

Explain, because I think I disagree. At first, I wanted to say that Bush screwed up Afghanistan when we invaded, but no, it was screwed up looooong before that.

If you're referring to the evacuation, no. We got it done. Evacuations are messy. Was it handled perfectly? No. Was that Biden's fault? No. Should we absolutely have gotten out of there? Probably.

Is Afghanistan actually screwed up? I dunno. By our standards, yes, but they need to be free to live their life.
oski003
Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

Explain, because I think I disagree. At first, I wanted to say that Bush screwed up Afghanistan when we invaded, but no, it was screwed up looooong before that.

If you're referring to the evacuation, no. We got it done. Evacuations are messy. Was it handled perfectly? No. Was that Biden's fault? No. Should we absolutely have gotten out of there? Probably.

Is Afghanistan actually screwed up? I dunno. By our standards, yes, but they need to be free to live their life.

Biden is the commander in chief. The evacuation was handled poorly and was extremely messy. End of story.
Big C
oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

Biden is the commander in chief. The evacuation was handled poorly and was extremely messy. End of story.

Evacuation situations like that are inherently messy. Sure, it could've been handled better, but evacs are one of the most risky and difficult of military maneuvers. We got the job done. Trump talked about getting it done.
dajo9
movielover said:

You love war w Russia, eh? Along w record food inflation, unseen-before mass invasion, NATO crippled, streets out of a Mad Max movie, fentanyl scourge, cartel gangs running around unchallenged, and police in retreat. Ya. Even Liberals flee blue states. Sounds great.

I'm sorry your life is so miserable if that is what you see when you look around.

When I go out I see overflowing restaurants, busy shops, families out and about.

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.
MinotStateBeav
Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

Evacuation situations like that are inherently messy. Sure, it could've been handled better, but evacs are one of the most risky and difficult of military maneuvers. We got the job done. Trump talked about getting it done.
Sorry, no..if you can't safely evacuate, then DON'T EVACUATE. Trump talked about getting it done, because the Democrats kept blocking him from getting out...remember the stupid "Muh Russias paying Taliban to kill Americans" BS story? Dems were literally cutting his funding to evacuate.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

Sorry, no..if you can't safely evacuate, then DON'T EVACUATE. Trump talked about getting it done, because the Democrats kept blocking him from getting out...remember the stupid "Muh Russias paying Taliban to kill Americans" BS story? Dems were literally cutting his funding to evacuate.

You guys make Traitor Trump sound like the weakest President in American history. He's certainly the dumbest.
oski003
Biden's Popularity Skyrockets After He Announces Trump Is His VP

U.S. In a much-needed surge in popularity after disastrous debate performances and gaffe-filled public appearances, Presiden Joe Biden's popularity skyrocketed overnight after he announced Donald Trump as his vice presidential running mate.

https://babylonbee.com/news/bidens-popularity-skyrockets-after-he-announces-trump-is-his-vp?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

So this is basically an argument for staying in Afghanistan indefinitely.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool Deflection.

"VP Trump"

"President Putin"

Even Minot said President Biden did "good enough". For Minot to say that about this President tells us all that he did a really good job.

Another cool story.
Another cherry-picked "data" point.

I must say, you've become quite the Biden Kool-Aid drinker. Like an alcoholic, you repeatedly dismiss, discount, deflect, and deny reality.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Reality Check for Dajo...

https://www.businessinsider.com/democratic-donors-withholding-10s-of-millions-unless-biden-drops-out-2024-7

$90 million in pledges by Democratic donors.... "frozen."

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
No, handing terrorist groups over $50 Billion oin military gear isn't a success.

Handing China, Russia, and Iran our hi-tech weapons is beyond a disaster.

Leaving Americans trapped is a disaster.

Handing the MIC another $80 Billion in replacement orders is a travesty.

President Trump is right, heads should have rolled. Lots of heads. Publicly. Even court martial. Along w lifetime revocation of security clearances.
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

Disagree. You do a cost/benefit and if that comes out where it's better to evacuate, you do so. Heck, most of the stuff that happens in war can't be done "safely". I mean, why even have a military if the only goal is them being safe.

We went in there because of 9/11. Okay, I get that, but then we stayed too long and tried to accomplish things that were never going to be possible. Like the song goes, you got to know when to hold 'em; know when to fold 'em.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

tequila4kapp said:

Disagree/Agree

You guys make Traitor Trump sound like the weakest President in American history. He's certainly the dumbest.

While he was campaigning for president, Joe Biden treated as fact that U.S. intel agencies had determined Russia had paid the Taliban to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan.

Trump called it a hoax.

It was only a year later after the election that the Pentagon said the bounty story was " not conclusive".

Remember those Russian bounties for dead U.S. troops? Biden admin says the CIA intel is not conclusive (nbcnews.com)
Big C

Wow, CNN is totally turning on Biden tonight. Hard to find anybody on Anderson Cooper's panel that is making any effort to save him. This might be due to Trump's compelling "show" at the rally last Saturday.

These are strange times. I've never seen anything like this.

As the drumbeat gets louder, I think Biden, under pressure, is going to bow out next week.

But then what?!?
dajo9
Big C said:

Wow, CNN is totally turning on Biden tonight. Hard to find anybody on Anderson Cooper's panel that is making any effort to save him. This might be due to Trump's compelling "show" at the rally last Saturday.

As the drumbeat gets louder, I think Biden, under pressure, is going to bow out next week.

But then what?!?

Then Republicans and their Supreme Court will make a legal disaster of the ballots. Trump will be locked into a victory. The corporate media will get 4 more years of ratings. The rich and powerful will get more tax breaks and deregulation. Women, lgtbq, and poc will get more of the boot.
Big C
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

But then what?!?

Then Republicans and their Supreme Court will make a legal disaster of the ballots. Trump will be locked into a victory. The corporate media will get 4 more years of ratings. The rich and powerful will get more tax breaks and deregulation. Women, lgtbq, and poc will get more of the boot.

As I have alluded to, you and I sometimes disagree on tactics, but when it comes to the big picture (and the end result), I'm with you.
bear2034
movielover
Catturd is predicting he'll pull out.

We'll see how strong Jill and Hunter are.
MinotStateBeav
110 Days Til No Joe said:

Don't worry, these people just got done thanking god Trump wasn't killed. That's how you know how intensely they believe he's a fascist.
bear2034
Big C said:

But then what?!?

You might be right, it feels like it's going to happen.

Big C

CNN threw Biden even further under the bus this evening.

Over on PBS' RNC coverage, Jonathan Capehart went from full Biden support only last night to "well, if he is off the ticket, they need to promote Kamala Harris" tonight.

Near total disarray in less than three weeks. Pretty incredible. Never seen anything like it.
MinotStateBeav
Big C said:

Over on PBS' RNC coverage, Jonathan Capehart went from full Biden support only last night to "well, if he is off the ticket, they need to promote Kamala Harris" tonight.

Near total disarray in less than three weeks. Pretty incredible. Never seen anything like it.
My feeling is that the "Good candidates" likely might run away from this run (Newsome, Mich Gov, PA Gov) because having only 100 days to win the presidency is not ideal and Trumps assassination attempt is a difficult hurdle to overcome. Plus I think those names above wouldn't mind throwing Kamala Harris under the bus to clear the field in 28. The Dems also I don't think would risk splitting the black vote even more by skipping Kamala.
movielover
Elder abuse? They voted for him!
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

My feeling is that the "Good candidates" likely might run away from this run (Newsome, Mich Gov, PA Gov) because having only 100 days to win the presidency is not ideal and Trumps assassination attempt is a difficult hurdle to overcome. Plus I think those names above wouldn't mind throwing Kamala Harris under the bus to clear the field in 28. The Dems also I don't think would risk splitting the black vote even more by skipping Kamala.
It makes the most sense to have Kamala Harris take over. She was already on the ticket and should have easier access to campaign funds. It makes more sense for Biden to endorse her upon dropping out. Maybe she consolidates the disaffected Biden voters and wins. If she doesn't, then you have an answer to the question of whether or not she should be nominated again and the field is clear for the up-and-comers in the next cycle.
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

Probably correct. Gavin Newsom has been playing the long game for a couple of decades now... what's another four years. Notice how careful he has been to not be the least bit critical of Biden. Wants it / Doesn't want it

If the reports are true that Kamala Harris' people are trying to convince Biden's people that he should drop out, well, that would be your classic data point as to why a lot of folks don't find her likeable or authentic.
tequila4kapp
Interesting times.

Schumer and Pelosi reportedly had 1:1 talks with Biden telling him to drop.
Schiff went public with his calls to drop.
Biden's fundraising guy is reporting the money is drying up, the checks are not rolling in any longer.
Reports that mega-D donors are telling Senate and House candidates no more money unless they publicly call for Biden to drop.

Here's the interesting twist...nobody is calling for him to resign right now. They aren't concerned about his ability to govern, just his ability to beat Trump and the possibility of down ballot damage for Senate/House candidates. Given that paradigm I do not blame Biden one bit for telling everyone to F-off.
bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

Here's the interesting twist...nobody is calling for him to resign right now. They aren't concerned about his ability to govern, just his ability to beat Trump and the possibility of down ballot damage for Senate/House candidates. Given that paradigm I do not blame Biden one bit for telling everyone to F-off.

If the Democrats are calling Biden to step down due to his current health, then we are in a national security crisis right now if Biden can't perform his duties as Command in Chief.

If the Democrats are calling Biden to step down because they don't see him beating Trump, then they are completely disregarding the democratic process and the primary election that was held earlier this year.
tequila4kapp
bear2034 said:

tequila4kapp said:

If the Democrats are calling Biden to step down due to his current health, then we are in a national security crisis right now if Biden can't perform his duties as Command in Chief.

If the Democrats are calling Biden to step down because they don't see him beating Trump, then they are completely disregarding the democratic process and the primary election that was held earlier this year.

That's exactly Biden's point. I'm in the camp that questions if he's capable today, and that's my reason why he should drop. If people think he's capable but will lose…that's some serious unDemocratic BS, IMO. And the hypocrisy vis a vis threats to Democracy will be profound

Update: Axios reports that top D's are saying Biden will drop out as early as this weekend. Some suggestion the leverage is no money for his presidential library. Other reports indicate Harris aides are openly telling Biden aides (in the WH) that it is time for Biden to go.

Big C
tequila4kapp said:

bear2034 said:

tequila4kapp said:

That's exactly Biden's point. I'm in the camp that questions if he's capable today, and that's my reason why he should drop. If people think he's capable but will lose…that's some serious unDemocratic BS, IMO. And the hypocrisy vis a vis threats to Democracy will be profound

Update: Axios reports that top D's are saying Biden will drop out as early as this weekend. Some suggestion the leverage is no money for his presidential library. Other reports indicate Harris aides are openly telling Biden aides (in the WH) that it is time for Biden to go.

I think Biden's capability is decreasing (duh), but is probably okay for now. He should drop out of the race because he will lose and also because it looks like he will decline to "incapable" sometime in the next few years.

Biden is about where Reagan was in his second term, give or take. Should Reagan have resigned?

I would be interested to know if Harris aides are really telling Biden aides that he should step aside. If true, that would be a classic example of why people don't like her. Anybody who thinks they might be the one who could replace Biden needs to STHU and let this play out, as hypocritical as that may seem. Gavin Newsom knows this!
kal kommie
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

It makes the most sense to have Kamala Harris take over. She was already on the ticket and should have easier access to campaign funds. It makes more sense for Biden to endorse her upon dropping out. Maybe she consolidates the disaffected Biden voters and wins. If she doesn't, then you have an answer to the question of whether or not she should be nominated again and the field is clear for the up-and-comers in the next cycle.
It's certainly easiest for Kamala to take over because passing her over might trigger a civil war within the party, but Kamala will lose. She's personally unpopular to begin with and as Biden's VP she will be saddled with the public's negative view of both the direction of the country generally and the state of the economy in particular.

No matter how promising some experts say economic indicators are (and some are suspiciously promising, like inflation numbers), the public is very sour on the state of the economy and it's very hard for the incumbent party to not be burdened by that in an election. Their only chance to escape this perception is to run a credible change candidate.

Trump is probably unbeatable no matter who the Dems run but if they want their best chance of winning, they should nominate Bernie. He has the national profile, he remains popular nationally, he polled very well against Trump in 2016, and unlike establishment Democrats he can credibly counter Trump's populism with far more authentic populism. Independents will believe Bernie when he says he will fight against control of our society by corporations and ultra wealthy individuals.

Age is a concern for Bernie since he's also an octogenarian but unlike Biden, Bernie obviously still has it cognitively. Trump is no spring chicken either so age won't be a significant campaign issue. Bernie can also promise to be a one-term president, a promise that will have credibility.

Running Bernie would mean for the Democratic Party embracing the core of Bernie's legislative platform, at least publicly. Free public health care, free education at public colleges, strong campaign finance reform, strong regulation of the finance industry. Problem is the Democratic Party doesn't want these things so they will be reluctant to publicly back them even faithlessly.

Even if Bernie won, his agenda would have a snowball's chance in hell of being implemented. Republicans will obstruct it from Congress and SCOTUS, but Democrats don't want to give these policies popular momentum. They really might prefer Trump win and expect to just get the White House back in 2028 when Trump terms out. But if they're really not full of s*** when they regard Trump as an imminent threat to democracy, they should be willing to run any politician of at least passable integrity to beat Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.