Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,891 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't seen Justice Thomas' takedown covered yet - he apparently spanks the dissenters, and calls into question the AG and Jack Smith.

tequila4kapp
Per a USA Today/Suffolk University poll 41% of Ds and 64% of Independents want Biden replaced.
calbear93
tequila4kapp said:

Per a USA Today/Suffolk University poll 41% of Ds and 64% of Independents want Biden replaced.
I was hopeful that Biden and some of the key leaders would do the right thing and replace Biden with Newsom or Whitmer.

But that ship has sailed and every single one of them has circled the wagon.

And as I predicted, there was no way in hell that Biden family would give up their influence and power for the love of country. Because do they really think Biden is a better option and has a better chance to win than Whitmer in the key states?

I will say this about the Republican party. For awhile, there were some brave Republicans who may have aligned with Trump on policies but chose to risk their career for the love of country. Whatever you may think of Cheney, Kinzinger, etc., they stood up and did the right thing.

Who among the Democratic party will do the same? Any signs of courage or love of country?

I would never vote for Trump or any MAGA candidate. Never. But it my other choice was a hysterical fear-mongering progressive, I won't vote. At a certain point, they should earn my vote instead of saying vote for me because I may suck and be horrible for the country, but I am not as bad as the other person.
calbear93
126 Days Til No Joe said:

GoOskie said:

I'm confused. From SOTOMAYOR, J., dissenting:

When he uses his official powers in any way, under the majority's reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy's Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.
Leave it to a liberal to spread misinformation about what Sotomayor's dissent said.

Here is the actual dissent.

She lost the plot and some of her credibility there.

She had valid arguments on potential expansive view of core duties to eliminate discussions with the DOJ (although appointment of the AG is a core aspect of a presidential duty and it would be chilling for a president in a high-stake, high-tension situation to worry how someone may view his intent regarding a confidential discussion with the AG). She even had a valid point on exclusion of evidence that Justice Barrett also raised

But then she became somewhat hysterical that deviated from even her prior arguments. What is the reasoning that the law students should study for those conclusions in that rant that was quoted? This opinion will be studied for decades by law students in Constitutional Law, and I think Sotomayor will regret this rant while Justices Barrett and Justice Jackson came across as more reasoned and scholarly in the areas of dissent.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

I was hopeful that Biden and some of the key leaders would do the right thing and replace Biden with Newsom or Whitmer.

There is zero chance Newsom or Whitmer could win in November. The black community would not come out in support of a party that jumped Vice President Harris like that - nor should they.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

There is zero chance Newsom or Whitmer could win in November. The black community would not come out in support of a party that jumped Vice President Harris like that - nor should they.
So, nothing to do with competency but all to do with what color a person is.

Where do I join?

Maybe White Democrats should stop thinking they know how black people think or portray the black voters as singularly focused on people's skin color.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

Maybe White Democrats should stop thinking they know how black people think or portray the black voters as singularly focused on people's skin color.
Vice President Harris is perfectly competent to be the next President.
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

I am glad you think that, and I assume you have enough human common sense to recognize that that is your opinion and opinion only. Because you did not list any of her accomplishments other than being born with her inalienable skin color. Sometimes Democrats come across to me as extremely racists, but they don't recognize their racism because they think they are choosing the right color to discriminate against.
movielover
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

I am glad you think that, and I assume you have enough human common sense to recognize that that is your opinion and opinion only. Because you did not list any of her accomplishments other than being born with her inalienable skin color. Sometimes Democrats come across to me as extremely racists, but they don't recognize their racism because they think they are choosing the right color to discriminate against.
You have your opinion and I have my opinion. I'm sure the black community has their opinion. What do you think that opinion is?

movielover
Sky News Australia doesn't avoid the obvious.

calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

You have your opinion and I have my opinion. I'm sure the black community has their opinion. What do you think that opinion is?

I have no idea if there is a singular opinion held by the "black" community.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

Well since black voters typically vote 80% - 90% with Democrats, you should put more thought into that.
tequila4kapp
A recent CBS/YouGuv poll finds 72% of registered voters believe President Joe Biden does not have the "mental" and "cognitive health" to serve as president
82gradDLSdad
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

She sure is. Because she can see the future while...while...well, you know the thing.
oski003
tequila4kapp said:

A recent CBS/YouGuv poll finds 72% of registered voters believe President Joe Biden does not have the "mental" and "cognitive health" to serve as president

Sounds like a singular belief held by the registered voter community.
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

Well since black voters typically vote 80% - 90% with Democrats, you should put more thought into that.
Apparently you think the Democrats can take the votes from the black community for granted since your "thought" is that they lack individuality but instead just vote reflexively as a group for the Democrats.

Of course then your original argument fails because why does it matter whether it's Harris or Whitmer or Newsom? They will vote, accordingly to you, for Democrats no matter what.
movielover
Pelosi, apparently fresh off another 'refresh', now wants to claim President Trump has dementia.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/06/30/pelosi-trump-likely-has-dementia/
movielover
More rappers backing President Trump.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

Apparently you think the Democrats can take the votes from the black community for granted since your "thought" is that they lack individuality but instead just vote reflexively as a group for the Democrats.

Of course then your original argument fails because why does it matter whether it's Harris or Whitmer or Newsom? They will vote, accordingly to you, for Democrats no matter what.
This is the part of the discussion where you just start making things up so. . . . have fun
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

This is the part of the discussion where you just start making things up so. . . . have fun

OK, act as if the whole discussion isn't there in the chain.
oski003
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Where do I join?

It is called logic, which might be foreign to you.
AunBear89
Says the most clueless and illogical poster in this board.

RIP: Irony.
bear2034
bear2034

Soft coup? Insurrection?
Big C

1. Biden gacefully bows out and releases his delegates.

2. Dems come up with a few replacement possibilities, including VP Harris.

3. The candidates have one or more televised debates before the convention. Then, the delegates vote at the convention. If Kamala Harris is great, she will win. If not, she won't, but she has been given the chance.

Or something like the above. Something can be done. Don't tell me it can't: If there's one thing we've learned from Trump + recent SCOTUS nominations + close-to-home issues such as NCAA regulations and conference alignments, it's that "rules" and "convention" no longer exist; they're just guidelines, if that.

As 93 alluded to, it's not so much that voters are going to switch from Biden to Trump. More likely some of them are just not going to vote or vote for a 3rd candidate. And in a close election, that's all it will take.

Or maybe Biden actually wins. But if he stays in the election and loses to Trump, a few dozen influential-but-totally-ball-less Democrats are going to have to own this. Starting with Taylor Swift.
MinotStateBeav
I just want to top off this thread...

DEMOCRATS, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!! YOU ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS!
movielover
Like Biden ignoring the Supreme Court to pay Billions for brats to study Social Justice?
Big C
Big C said:

1. Biden gacefully bows out and releases his delegates.

2. Dems come up with a few replacement possibilities, including VP Harris.

3. The candidates have one or more televised debates before the convention. Then, the delegates vote at the convention. If Kamala Harris is great, she will win. If not, she won't, but she has been given the chance.

Or something like the above. Something can be done. Don't tell me it can't: If there's one thing we've learned from Trump + recent SCOTUS nominations + close-to-home issues such as NCAA regulations and conference alignments, it's that "rules" and "convention" no longer exist; they're just guidelines, if that.

As 93 alluded to, it's not so much that voters are going to switch from Biden to Trump. More likely some of them are just not going to vote or vote for a 3rd candidate. And in a close election, that's all it will take.

Or maybe Biden actually wins. But if he stays in the election and loses to Trump, a few dozen influential-but-totally-ball-less Democrats are going to have to own this. Starting with Taylor Swift.

Apologies for responding to my own thread, but I was feeling lazy this evening and just flopped in a chair and watched CNN for an hour: Their theme for the evening echoed my post above about how Biden could leave and what they could do to determine a replacement. Zogby (either John or James, I get those two confused) spoke eloquently how... well just read what I have written on this thread. That seems to be what he did.

You're welcome.
movielover

Did she also hookup with Montel?

tequila4kapp
There are reports today that donors are moving money across the street, from Biden to Congress. It isn't quite clear if that means future donations are going to Congress or if the donors want to transfer already donated funds. One donor is quoted as referring to legal issues with the transfer, so maybe they are trying to move existing funds.

There are also stories coming out about how a replacement has to be Harris due to legal constraints - there isn't time to get a new person on the ballot in all 50 states, delegates are pledged to Biden and Harris, not just Biden, etc.
bear2034
bear2034
tequila4kapp said:

There are reports today that donors are moving money across the street, from Biden to Congress. It isn't quite clear if that means future donations are going to Congress or if the donors want to transfer already donated funds. One donor is quoted as referring to legal issues with the transfer, so maybe they are trying to move existing funds.

There are also stories coming out about how a replacement has to be Harris due to legal constraints - there isn't time to get a new person on the ballot in all 50 states, delegates are pledged to Biden and Harris, not just Biden, etc.

We just had 50 state primary elections in which voters gave Joe Biden all the necessary votes and delegates to be the Democratic nominee for President.

You're seeing now a major effort to prevent the certification of that result. It's playing out in broad daylight in the press. So, I don't know what you could call this except an insurrection.
bear2034

Obama leaked his comments to the Washington Post and has now given the green light to replace Biden. But this isn't surprising given his earlier show of support after the debate since he once said: "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to eff things up."
tequila4kapp
bear2034 said:

You're seeing now a major effort to prevent the certification of that result. It's playing out in broad daylight in the press. So, I don't know what you could call this except an insurrection.
I understand the temptation to go there. But this is a really serious situation where a candidate - through no fault of his own - is literally physically and mentally unfit for office.

I appreciate that it is a delicate situation. Biden is the President. He is a longtime public servant. He deserves some amount of respect and space to work through this. I applaud the D's inside the WH and elsewhere who are obviously doing things mostly behind the scenes to move this along. It is the right thing for our country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.