Okay, who goes to Camp David for "the talk"?

26,884 Views | 467 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

There are assorted pieces out there raising apparently legit legal issues. Dems / Left sources.
- The money apparently cannot transfer to any other candidate beside Harris
- Some key battleground states have deadlines for naming the candidate, those deadlines have passed.

Etc, etc.
I don't think we have to bother ourselves with Newom or snyone else. It's Biden or Harris, apparently.

I agree with almost all of what you have written on this page of the thread.

However, regarding it having to be Biden or Harris at this point, no, I'm pretty sure there are various workarounds. It would take some powerful Dems having some balls and also maybe thinking outside of the box, but it could be done. I fear that both of the above might be asking too much, however.

If Biden were to leave and Harris were to be anointed (without some sort of last-minute contest), the Democratic Party would have to rename itself, or be sued for false advertising.

The Democratic primary voting already took place. Biden / Harris won. Harris would be anointed by the Democratic primary voters. That means if Biden bows out, it is Harris, who would be a great candidate and President.

I say this as somebody whose favorite is Newsom. But everybody not named Biden or Harris took themselves out of the running.

If Kamala Harris were to be the Dem nominee on this ticket, I would vote for her. Were she to become President, I would be fine with that. My concern with her is electability.

Disagree that it's too late. The Democratic Party would maybe have to be creative, but it could be done. Think of it this way...

How many people voted in the Democratic primaries? I dunno, but let's say 10 million. Of those, how many voted for Biden? I dunno that either, but let's say 9 million.

Of those 9 million, how many would have still voted for Biden had... a) they known his condition and... b) there were credible options on the ballot, not just two lightweight clowns?

That answer I do know. Almost none of them. And that brings me to my point: If the Democratic Party needs to think outside the box here, maybe even break a few "rules", what Democrats are going to complain? We all want to be able to choose the best candidate. Let the people decide (finally)!

[Edit] Oops, changed the emboldened word to "none". I had written "all", which was the opposite of what I meant, duh
dajo9
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

There are assorted pieces out there raising apparently legit legal issues. Dems / Left sources.
- Some key battleground states have deadlines for naming the candidate, those deadlines have passed.

Etc, etc.
I don't think we have to bother ourselves with Newom or snyone else. It's Biden or Harris, apparently.

However, regarding it having to be Biden or Harris at this point, no, I'm pretty sure there are various workarounds. It would take some powerful Dems having some balls and also maybe thinking outside of the box, but it could be done. I fear that both of the above might be asking too much, however.

If Biden were to leave and Harris were to be anointed (without some sort of last-minute contest), the Democratic Party would have to rename itself, or be sued for false advertising.

The Democratic primary voting already took place. Biden / Harris won. Harris would be anointed by the Democratic primary voters. That means if Biden bows out, it is Harris, who would be a great candidate and President.

I say this as somebody whose favorite is Newsom. But everybody not named Biden or Harris took themselves out of the running.

If Kamala Harris were to be the Dem nominee on this ticket, I would vote for her. Were she to become President, I would be fine with that. My concern with her is electability.

Disagree that it's too late. The Democratic Party would maybe have to be creative, but it could be done. Think of it this way...

How many people voted in the Democratic primaries? I dunno, but let's say 10 million. Of those, how many voted for Biden? I dunno that either, but let's say 9 million.

Of those 9 million, how many would have still voted for Biden had... a) they known his condition and... b) there were credible options on the ballot, not just two lightweight clowns.

This answer I do know. Almost all of them. And that brings me to my point: If the Democratic Party needs to think outside the box here, maybe even break a few "rules", what Democrats are going to complain? We all want to be able to choose the best candidate. Let the people decide (finally)!

Democratic Party breaks some rules to bypass a black woman elected by the voters. Great strategy you got there.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
The DNC, UniParty, WEF Globalist Wall Street, hi tech bro's and narrative engineers of the MSM baked this cake. No whining.
movielover
GS: Was it a bad episode, or something more serious?

JB: Yes, it was a bad episode.

GS: Do you prefer vanilla or chocolate?

JB: the bad dude Corn Pop said always pick chocolate.

movielover
Big C
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

tequila4kapp said:

Etc, etc.

Of those 9 million, how many would have still voted for Biden had... a) they known his condition and... b) there were credible options on the ballot, not just two lightweight clowns.

This answer I do know. Almost all of them. And that brings me to my point: If the Democratic Party needs to think outside the box here, maybe even break a few "rules", what Democrats are going to complain? We all want to be able to choose the best candidate. Let the people decide (finally)!

Democratic Party breaks some rules to bypass a black woman elected by the voters. Great strategy you got there.

It wouldn't be that at all (except to those who choose to frame it that way, such as you and movielover).

Put the Vice President in with 2-4 other candidates, have them debate it out, and let the people decide. If Kamala holds her own (or better), we gladly go with her.

Here is, apparently, your plan to defeat a revenge-seeking Trump with new-found immunity and four years of experience about how to get things done in Washington:

Stick with Joe Biden or go with Kamala Harris... because it seems like we sort of have to.

If I may quote a wise Bear Insider poster: "Great strategy you got there."
movielover
Pass over a Triple DEI chosen candidate w 3.5 years experience in the White House and securing our Southern border?
DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

My rebuttal is that he (like you) has no life and that he (like you) spends all day posting here.

Let me know when you make your first million.

Have you threatened any pedestrians lately in your new BMW?

Cool story clown.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

My rebuttal is that he (like you) has no life and that he (like you) spends all day posting here.

Cool story clown.

Weiner compensation.
Big C
movielover said:

Pass over a Triple DEI chosen candidate w 3.5 years experience in the White House and securing our Southern border?

Listen, buddy, I'll do the sarcasm around here!

Moreover, Vice President Harris wouldn't be "passed over". She would be in the mix, along with a few other candidates, to make her case for being the nominee. Maybe she does really well, who knows? But she didn't do all that well in her 2020 campaign... nor has she seemed like someone who would win this November. Like I said, she can make her case and maybe win people over. Let the (revised) process play out a little bit.
bear2034
Biden looking orange.
bear2034

Stuck with Biden for now....
bear2034

ABC News reports Biden is listening to a very tight circle and that Jill Biden is lashing out to those who want him to drop out of the race.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story clown.

Weiner compensation.

Another cool story.
Bought my first Porsche when I was 30.
This is Porsche #3.

What is it that you do for a living?
You still living in your parent's basement?
Do you have AC or just use a block of ice and a fan?

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
My sister's in laws sold Porsches in Hollywood in the 1960's and 1970's. One of her brother in laws was tight with McQueen and Newman in their Hollywood primes because they bought cars.

Circa 1968 or so, McQueen brought his buddy, Bruce Lee, over to the agency to buy a Porsche with Lee's newly acquired Green Lantern TV series earnings.

In Matthew Polly's definitive biography of Bruce Lee, there is a mention of Bruce buying that Porsche. I sent the author an email giving him additional details of that transaction. Matthew sent me an email back stating that he was fascinated by the involvement of Steve McQueen in the story because in Bruce's Day Planner he mentioned going to Hollywood to buy a Porsche but never referenced McQueen (Bruce's widow, Linda, gave Polly access to all of Bruce's Day Planner's).

*A boring story for anyone not into McQueen, Bruce Lee and cars.
*For anyone into Bruce Lee or martial arts, Polly's book is A+.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C

If Bruce Lee were still around, he could be one of the guys to go to Camp David to talk a little sense into the Bidens.
bearister
Big C said:

If Bruce Lee were still around, he could be one of the guys to go to Camp David to talk a little sense into the Bidens.

Bruce would have Joe against the wall and would sing this song while punching him:

Say it ain't so, Joe, please
Say it ain't so
That's not what I wanna hear, Joe
And I got a right to know
Say it ain't so, Joe, please
Say it ain't so

I'm sure they telling us lies, Joe
Please tell us it ain't so
They told us our hero had played his tRump card
He doesn't know how to go on
We're clinging to his charm and determined smile
But the good old days have gone
-Murray Head

movielover
MinotStateBeav
This is what you're talking about
bear2034
"The sh*t is going to hit the fan on Monday when Congress returns," a House Democrat told Axios. "People are scared about their own races. But they're also worried about the country, and about democracy."
movielover
MinotStateBeav
CNN btw never would have had that Radio host on TV in the last few months. But now the powers that be want Biden out, so now they are starting to invite ppl on TV that can damage Biden lol. These media orgs and the DNC are so incredibly corrupt lol. They do not want to lose the power of the presidents office so bad.
Big C
Couple of notes:

1. The lady that interviewed Biden said she selected four questions from an array that the WH provided her. Why would the WH provide questions? Duh, to protect Biden. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens a lot, no matter the Pres. (Hey, let's put Newsom in there and let them ask whatever!)

2. Dunno that CNN has chosen sides. They are getting lots of people tuning to see how this is playing out. Hell, I myself have watched 3-4 hours of their bs because of this!
bear2034
calbear93 said:

The amount of delusion on both sides, gaslighting extreme personality disorder on one side and senility and feebleness on the other is pretty amazing. I'm excited to vote!

The gaslighting was mainly coming from one side.
bear2034

They are now setting traps for Biden.
movielover
But he has a secret weapon. Have we now had our first female POTUS?

bear2034
Meanwhile, House Republicans are not addressing the situation at hand and are doing nothing again.

movielover
Maybe they want to keep him in the race so they don't have to face a 'honeymoon' candidate?

The UniParty has the knives out. Months before the end of this term, we find out there's been a special medical expert visiting the WH.

bear2034
movielover said:

Maybe they want to keep him in the race so they don't have to face a 'honeymoon' candidate?

The UniParty has the knives out. Months before the end of this term, we find out there's been a special medical expert visiting the WH.

Then it's up to the Democrats to impeach or exercise the 25th Amendment. These are dangerous times and there's a trainwreck at the White House.

bear2034
movielover said:

But he has a secret weapon. Have we now had our first female POTUS?
Yes, and Madam President refused to take questions today.

movielover
The Democrats are master planners. Looks like the Obama regime and the Intell Community are unleashed. Hunter in the WH to sweeten the deal?
MinotStateBeav
bearister

Still playin' and doing brain surgery at 97.
Big C
^ That's my guy. What's up, Doc?
Zippergate
True colors

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.