Ahmaud Arbery

48,756 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:

Anarchistbear said:

Father and son arrested for murder. Don't take your guns to town, son.
Not surprised they were indicted. I will be surprised if they're convicted
LOL.
The McMichaels were shown to have committed murder, straight up, and nobody who observed the trial was surprised one bit with the verdicts.
I wonder if GB4L watched the trial and how his opinion may have changed after getting more facts.
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

My brother just alerted me to this case this morning.

This is a tough case but of course the MSM is delusional on this one and it appears many who yearn to soak up its narrative are parroting it without a critical eye.

It was NOT a tough case.
It was an easy one.

You trying to turn it into a rap on the MSM is ridiculous.

Do YOU have a critical eye to look at yourself and where you went wrong?
Never mind... you've apparently been banned or died from Covid and will never see this, or reply.

RIP.
concordtom
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

okaydo said:

The normal reaction is to fight back because these 2 dudes are about to kill you. You fight back. Or you become a sitting duck and be shot dead. You fight back because you're scared that 2 people have guns on you. You fight back because it's your only chance to make it out alive. His reaction of self defense from 2 people threatening to kill him is the "normal" one.

Dude you're projecting the most convenient narrative for you. You're presuming, without any reasoned evidence, that they conveyed they wanted to stop him for the sake of killing him. They didn't need to get out of their vehicles to kill him. They weren't trying to get away with a homicide. They tried to stop him multiple times and shouted to him "we want to talk to you". There is no reason to think Ahmued thought he was going to get killed. Aside from this, fist fighting two men with guns is not fighting for your life. It's called committing suicide. But that's moot because the premise you set up -- that it was two men whose intent was to murder him, and that they conveyed that to him and he knew it -- was ridiculous.

If 2 guys were stalking you with guns, it's a perfectly normal to assume they are 1) threatening you and 2) want to kill you.

You're the one who's projecting their innocent intentions.

Pointing guns at somebody is a threat.

Trying to stop somebody who is threatening you with a lethal weapon is defending yourself and is indeed fighting for your life.
Revisiting some of this page 1 stuff....
If Arbery had just laid down spread eagle, allow cops to come and arrest him and face charges, that wouldn't have stuck, he'd be alive.
But he fought back, or fled, or panicked....whatever. He died a martyr for the cause of changing American awareness and culture.

He surely did not want to be a martyr, but a martyr he is.
For all those who observed the trial and what happened, along with McMichael's self defense testimony/explanation, we can never see this new concept of "subconscious racism" differently.

It's in all of us, and we need to get in touch with it to change it, to not pass it down to future generations.

Bless the Arbery family in their mourning.
Tis very sad for the McMichael family, too. There was a daughter who will now grow up without a father, wives who will miss their husbands.

Subconscious racism hurts everyone. We are a less great nation because of it.
bearister
A lot of BI contributors, both still with us, and those banned for life to the nether region, did themselves real un-proud in this thread.
Somewhere in the thread I predicted, from looking at the mugshots, that the 3 perps looked like no strangers to serial dropping of the N word…and I got a lot of resistance to that speculation.
Then in this recent federal prosecution, they uncovered lots of these lads' text messages. Yep.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

okaydo said:

The normal reaction is to fight back because these 2 dudes are about to kill you. You fight back. Or you become a sitting duck and be shot dead. You fight back because you're scared that 2 people have guns on you. You fight back because it's your only chance to make it out alive. His reaction of self defense from 2 people threatening to kill him is the "normal" one.

Dude you're projecting the most convenient narrative for you. You're presuming, without any reasoned evidence, that they conveyed they wanted to stop him for the sake of killing him. They didn't need to get out of their vehicles to kill him. They weren't trying to get away with a homicide. They tried to stop him multiple times and shouted to him "we want to talk to you". There is no reason to think Ahmued thought he was going to get killed. Aside from this, fist fighting two men with guns is not fighting for your life. It's called committing suicide. But that's moot because the premise you set up -- that it was two men whose intent was to murder him, and that they conveyed that to him and he knew it -- was ridiculous.

If 2 guys were stalking you with guns, it's a perfectly normal to assume they are 1) threatening you and 2) want to kill you.

Trying to stop somebody who is threatening you with a lethal weapon is defending yourself and is indeed fighting for your life.
If Arbery had just laid down spread eagle, allow cops to come and arrest him and face charges, that wouldn't have stuck, he'd be alive.
But he fought back, or fled, or panicked....whatever. He died a martyr for the cause of changing American awareness and culture.

For all those who observed the trial and what happened, along with McMichael's self defense testimony/explanation, we can never see this new concept of "subconscious racism" differently.

It's in all of us, and we need to get in touch with it to change it, to not pass it down to future generations.

Tis very sad for the McMichael family, too. There was a daughter who will now grow up without a father, wives who will miss their husbands.

I don't know man, I think he reasonably feared that if he laid down on the ground it would be the last thing he ever did. If I were a black man in the south chased by those three white people with guns, I sure as hell wouldn't hope for the best. It was absolutely reasonable to be in a fight or flight situation and those men rightfully bear 100% of the responsibility for his death.
bearister
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

okaydo said:

I don't know man, I think he reasonably feared that if he laid down on the ground it would be the last thing he ever did. If I were a black man in the south chased by those three white people with guns, I sure as hell wouldn't hope for the best. It was absolutely reasonable to be in a fight or flight situation and those men rightfully bear 100% of the responsibility for his death.
I think any person being chased by people with guns would begin to panic and not know what to think or do. He did what he did in order to try and save himself. I'm in no position to judge and monday morning QB his actions. He's at no fault here. I'm just thinking that the McMichaels probably would NOT have shot if he 100% surrendered, and he'd still be alive. Running at a guy with a gun was probably the wrong move (okay, I did MMQB it, but the McMichaels and all of America will be MMQB'ing THEIR move for decades to come.)

Bless you, Ahmaud, for revealing just how insidious subconscious racism can be.
I look forward to your memorials and statues.
bearister
…or they would have transported him elsewhere for execution if they thought they could get away with it.
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

okaydo said:

I think any person being chased by people with guns would begin to panic and not know what to think or do. He did what he did in order to try and save himself. I'm in no position to judge and monday morning QB his actions. He's at no fault here. I'm just thinking that the McMichaels probably would NOT have shot if he 100% surrendered, and he'd still be alive. Running at a guy with a gun was probably the wrong move (okay, I did MMQB it, but the McMichaels and all of America will be MMQB'ing THEIR move for decades to come.)

Bless you, Ahmaud, for revealing just how insidious subconscious racism can be.
I look forward to your memorials and statues.
No offense, but that's easy to say as a white guy living in the Bay Area. A young black man in Georgia being chased by 3 bearded old white guys in a lifted pickup truck yelling at him and pointing shotguns? As far as he knew, they were racist rednecks looking to lynch him and he had one way to survive. I don't know that he was wrong.

It's like when they tell you that you should play dead when certain wild animals attack you. That sure as hell doesn't feel like a good idea.
going4roses
This is why people Black people can't be racist !!!!

They don't have the white skin nor the white privilege (power) that comes the combination.

Black people dont commit crimes on white people or Asian people because they hate the color of their skin. EVER !!!

Racism is Race (white) + (white) power !!!!

Name where Black people have either one of those over anyone else in this country ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
going4roses said:

This is why people Black people can't be racist !!!!

They don't have the white skin nor the white privilege (power) that comes the combination.

Black people dont commit crimes on white people or Asian people because they hate the color of their skin. EVER !!!

Racism is Race (white) + (white) power !!!!

Name where Black people have either one of those over anyone else in this country ?

Dude. Racism as a word does not have anything to do with skin color one way or the other. It's just the concept. Racism' doesn't have to do with any power or action. It's a mindset. And anyone can have it.
This is silly to be having to define the word.

And, I guess you didn't like my Jason McDonald story from 1980. That guy was black, and hated/punched me because I was white. Racism.
going4roses
You don't have the right to tell me what racism is EVER!!!!

You are wrong to even speak on it in that fashion.

Disrespectful

Take your individual emotion out of it !!!

I'm speaking on a group level !!!

Your jaded by your experience
going4roses
Your whiteness is blinding you from the truth.

Some black people hate whites because of what they stand for only !!!!

Power is what it is all about.
concordtom
At the risk of enflaming you further, that's racist of you to suggest you get to have an opinion on what racism is and I don't, because you're black and I'm white.

You most certainly may have a greater depth of experience with it, and be more right about it. But you don't get to tell me to shut up on account of my skin color.

You're fighting the wrong battle (and person) here, buddy. I may be white, but I'm on your side - you may have noticed from past posts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.