Ahmaud Arbery

48,747 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
Keep the deflection and misdirections coming.
As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
I'll just say here: you do you, but from past interactions with GB4L most of us have learned that replying and countering his points leads nowhere. He'll say whatever it takes to keep the argument going. Only way to end it is to stop responding.
I see others doing that A LOT more than GB4L, but we all only see what we want to see.
You are welcome to stop responding to them as well.
I think you kind of missed the point. But thank you for giving me permission.

My point is that, since you call out GB4L when others are so much worse in doing what you accuse GB4L of doing, your real problem with him is that he takes positions that are not aligned with yours.
I don't think that is it at all. I think it is the misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the phone and surveillance recordings, the use imagery that involves rape and the eating of children, the use of Hitler when trying to illustrate a point, wild theories, and the attempt to bring in provocative videos scoured from the internet when the discussion is about a specific incident. This is why he was called out.
When did he do that? I think you are confusing him with someone else. And I think it's the progressive posters who invoke facism and Hitler when they run out of arguments. If you do a search for those terms here, you will find more leftish posters using those terms than the conservatives. Sign of weak thinking when they resort to that, irrespective of whether they are conservative or liberal.
Please review his postings:

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.

Then review the YouTube postings of unrelated incidents that were used to illustrate what?

Do I agree with his take? Mostly no. However, him responding to others' take with his own interpretation doesn't mean he is guilty of what Sycasey accused him of being. We probably could have done without his extreme examples. The reason I disagree with him is that, while we know how evil Hitler is now, we don't know anything about the victim. And us not caring if Hitler was shot isn't because we think being shot is justifiable action to stealing candy but justifiable for the millions he killed. Without knowing the true character of the victim, all we know was that he was someone who was in a neighborhood and was approached with guns by couple of yahoos. And that action led to a confrontation that ended a young man's life.

I will say this. I truly believe that the murder was grounded on racial stereotype and assumption that someone has certain intent or characteristics because of their skin color. It is disgusting and horrifying. And racism is one of the greatest stain that continues to paint this country.

But you know what I also see? People excusing racism because it is directed at those they don't value politically just because of the color of the target's skin, whether against Asians or Caucasians. They take a basic and inherent concept that human dignity requires us to be judged on who we are in our soul and in our character and not on our skin color and pervert that into a debate on who has power, who was born when, who has better education and who has more money. They turn a universal evil into a political point where true racist on both sides of the aisle can disguise their racism as a political cause. If you want to mitigate the evils of racism, admit that the evil resides in all of us, we all need to call it out where ever and whenever it appears and continue to fight against our lazy tendency to group people based on narrow and often irrelevant characteristics (whether sexual orientation, color, creed, etc.). That is my conservative take.
BearNIt
calbear93 said:

BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
Keep the deflection and misdirections coming.
As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
I'll just say here: you do you, but from past interactions with GB4L most of us have learned that replying and countering his points leads nowhere. He'll say whatever it takes to keep the argument going. Only way to end it is to stop responding.
I see others doing that A LOT more than GB4L, but we all only see what we want to see.
You are welcome to stop responding to them as well.
I think you kind of missed the point. But thank you for giving me permission.

My point is that, since you call out GB4L when others are so much worse in doing what you accuse GB4L of doing, your real problem with him is that he takes positions that are not aligned with yours.
I don't think that is it at all. I think it is the misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the phone and surveillance recordings, the use imagery that involves rape and the eating of children, the use of Hitler when trying to illustrate a point, wild theories, and the attempt to bring in provocative videos scoured from the internet when the discussion is about a specific incident. This is why he was called out.
When did he do that? I think you are confusing him with someone else. And I think it's the progressive posters who invoke facism and Hitler when they run out of arguments. If you do a search for those terms here, you will find more leftish posters using those terms than the conservatives. Sign of weak thinking when they resort to that, irrespective of whether they are conservative or liberal.
Please review his postings:

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.

Then review the YouTube postings of unrelated incidents that were used to illustrate what?

Do I agree with his take? Mostly no. However, him responding to others' take with his own interpretation doesn't mean he is guilty of what Sycasey accused him of being. We probably could have done without his extreme examples.

I will say this. I truly believe that the murder was grounded on racial stereotype and assumption that someone has certain intent or characteristics because of their skin color. It is disgusting and horrifying. And racism is one of the greatest stain that continues to paint this country.

But you know what I also see? People excusing racism because it is directed at those they don't value politically just because of the color of the target's skin, whether against Asians or Caucasians. They take a basic and inherent concept that human dignity requires us to be judged on who we are in our soul and in our character and not on our skin color and pervert that into a debate on who has power, who was born when, who has better education and who has more money. They turn a universal evil into a political point where true racist on both sides of the aisle can disguise their racism as a political cause. If you want to mitigate the evils of racism, admit that the evil resides in all of us, we all need to call it out where ever and whenever it appears and continue to fight against our lazy tendency to group people based on narrow and often irrelevant characteristics (whether sexual orientation, color, creed, etc.). That is my conservative take.
Thanks for your honesty it is greatly appreciated
Unit2Sucks
I think there is a pretty big disconnect with what people mean when they use the term "racism". For many, the terms "prejudice", "bigotry" and "racism" are interchangeable. But when a lot of people use those terms, they have meaningful distinctions. Debby Irving explains it this way, and I happen to agree with her formulation, but I think it's less critical that we all agree on what "racism" means than we understand that people are using it differently.

Just thought it might help people understand why you will frequently hear people say that certain prejudiced behavior from non-white people towards white people is not "racism". It doesn't mean that it's not bad behavior, but that it doesn't map to "racism."

Take it or leave it, but thought it might be helpful for some people to understand why there is disagreement as to what constitutes "racism".

calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

I think there is a pretty big disconnect with what people mean when they use the term "racism". For many, the terms "prejudice", "bigotry" and "racism" are interchangeable. But when a lot of people use those terms, they have meaningful distinctions. Debby Irving explains it this way, and I happen to agree with her formulation, but I think it's less critical that we all agree on what "racism" means than we understand that people are using it differently.

Just thought it might help people understand why you will frequently hear people say that certain prejudiced behavior from non-white people towards white people is not "racism". It doesn't mean that it's not bad behavior, but that it doesn't map to "racism."

Take it or leave it, but thought it might be helpful for some people to understand why there is disagreement as to what constitutes "racism".

But why use her political definition instead of the normal definition found in any old dictionary?
sycasey
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

But why use her political definition instead of the normal definition found in any old dictionary?
The dictionary has a few different definitions.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
Quote:

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination
Irving's definition would seem to fall under definition #2.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Like I said, I'm not here to convince you but to explain the view. I don't think "political" is quite the right way to view it but you do you. For what it's worth, many dictionaries encompass this view in their definitions so I'm not sure that's a counter-argument.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think "political" as in "partisan" is the way to view the issue. It's not an R vs D thing but it is connected to the government and politics.

Merriam Webster:
Quote:

Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Like I said, I'm not here to convince you but to explain the view. I don't think "political" is quite the right way to view it but you do you. For what it's worth, many dictionaries encompass this view in their definitions so I'm not sure that's a counter-argument.

Merriam Webster:
Quote:

Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

OK, I give up. If you think the definition below from the link you provided lines up with the dictionary definition above, you are choosing your alternative facts.

Tell me how the definition below from the link you provided "encompass" the dictionary definition?

Racism is the system that allows the racial group that's already in power to retain power.
calbear93
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The dictionary has a few different definitions.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
Quote:

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination
Irving's definition would seem to fall under definition #2.
No it doesn't.

Her definition is that any system that allows the current race primarily in power to stay in power is "racism" So, the only way to end racism is to prevent certain race (whoever is in power) from ever gaining power again?. So, someone from Mexico who uses racial slurs and will not hire anyone else of color is not racist because (i) he is not a system and (ii) he is not in power.

Even in #2, the system has to founded on the belief that one race is better than the other. Do you really believe our system (including you and your household that choose to live in this system instead of moving out), until another race gains majority of power, is racist? If not, then who is racist? In fact, there will never be an end to racism since there will always be one race that has slightly more power until another race takes over. Then it's still racism until another race takes over. You have just defanged racism.

This is just height of stupidity where you take a simple concept that everyone can rally around - don't judge someone based on their skin color - into some diluted concept where everyone and no one is racist.
AunBear89
Because language is not static, and words can acquire meaning beyond the dictionary definition. A dictionary is a reference but not the final authority.

But I suspect you are smart enough to know all of this, and are merely trying to own Libs or SJWs or snowflakes or whatever term is in vogue with 'cons, MAGAts, and other GOP trumphumpers.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
This is obviously a difficult topic to discuss. I was very clear that I wasn't imposing anyone else's definition of racism on anyone.

If someone wants to believe that a black guy making fun of white people dancing is "racist" then that is their business. A lot of people differentiate between prejudices like that and legalized slavery, jim crow laws and redlining, etc. A lot of people use the term "institutional racism" for things like that.

My point was that many people don't view this topic that way, which is why they distinguish between prejudice, bigotry and racism. I'm not here to argue with anyone, just to explain where the divide is on semantics.
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

This is obviously a difficult topic to discuss. I was very clear that I wasn't imposing anyone else's definition of racism on anyone.

If someone wants to believe that a black guy making fun of white people dancing is "racist" then that is their business. A lot of people differentiate between prejudices like that and legalized slavery, jim crow laws and redlining, etc. A lot of people use the term "institutional racism" for things like that.

My point was that many people don't view this topic that way, which is why they distinguish between prejudice, bigotry and racism. I'm not here to argue with anyone, just to explain where the divide is on semantics.

If a black guy is making fun of a white person dancing because the person he is mocking is dancing poorly, that is not racist. That is possible cruel, most likely funny, but that comment is not based on the color of the white person's skin but the lack of coordination. If he says all white people are uncoordinated, then that is racist just like an Asian person saying something derogatory about ALL black people is racist.

And institutional racism seems like one of those smart sounding words that actually mean nothing. Our institution is racist? Our system forces us to behave in a racist manner? I can maybe understand that we have certain incorrect biases that we all need to be mindful of. But our CURRENT American institution is racist? What is the solution? Not have an institution? Use opposite type of racism?

I also agree that many people view it that way. And I think those people do more harm than good and continue to divide us, whether by color or gender, because they need to feel superior to someone else for nothing they personally did but based on the inalienable trait of someone else. To them, it has to be us versus them and never about all of us.

And I despise them just as much as I despise anyone else whose first instinct is to bucket people based on color.
GBear4Life
calbear93 said:

We probably could have done without his extreme examples. The reason I disagree with him is that, while we know how evil Hitler is now, we don't know anything about the victim. And us not caring if Hitler was shot isn't because we think being shot is justifiable action to stealing candy but justifiable for the millions he killed. Without knowing the true character of the victim, all we know was that he was someone who was in a neighborhood and was approached with guns by couple of yahoos. And that action led to a confrontation that ended a young man's life.
I'm not sure why people do this. The extreme analogy was intentional to illuminate a broader point, not to equate the character of a genocidal maniac with Ahmaud. The point being how we (broader society) gauge our level of remorse is impacted not just be the legality or morality of the action taken against the victim, but also by how we perceive the victim's character. Take the same illegal killing of a mass murderer and a Saint, and you will get very different reactions and moral assessments by the public and even the legal system.

The crime is the same and the legal consequences are the same, but it is perfectly reasonable to be "less distraught" upon hearing Hitler was illegally gunned down on the street than hearing a 10 year member of the Peace Corp was killed in the same tragic manner.

That Ahmaud wasn't actually jogging, has a criminal record, behaved in a manner that generated reasonable suspicion will garner a different response from the public and the system than a Saint or a mass murderer. This is opposed to the immutable identities of those involved.

Quote:

We ultimately cannot know, but there is zero evidence of this other than one's own projection in regards to how we *think* two white men in that area who look like they do *think* about blacks. Quite prejudicial.

Quote:

I am very saddened that people use select tragedies to propagate their own racial prejudices and social-political narratives. I will also be saddened if and when all parties are acquitted, leading to a community "uprising" consisting of breaking into other people's business and looting them.
GBear4Life
AunBear89 said:

Because language is not static, and words can acquire meaning beyond the dictionary definition. A dictionary is a reference but not the final authority.

But I suspect you are smart enough to know all of this, and are merely trying to own Libs or SJWs or snowflakes or whatever term is in vogue with 'cons, MAGAts, and other GOP trumphumpers.
I take the blame for imploring someone like AunBear to contribute more substantive posts.

Because the result is something like seen above. The mental gymnastics at play here is just astonishing. Dictionaries are the "final authority" no matter how much ideologically driven individuals and groups attempt to create their own realities and their own linguistic interpretations so as to serve their interests. To set a standard where actual definitions and meanings of words made official by dictionaries can be made subservient to the whims of a highly motivated mob is so silly, so absurd.

Throw out Merriam and insert Urban Dictionaries.
GBear4Life
Look at us all. A tragedy with huge, non-racial implications, and we are drawn into a discussion about "racism" , how to define it. The incessant desire to play the semantic game about a rather straight forward concept is telling in and of itself. This effort is aimed at making racism unfalsifiable, where we can project what we prejudicially think someone else thinks about race. Life must be really good to have this kind of time to waste.
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

But are you going to listen/read/pay attention? Or deflect everything? Sure seems as if your mind body and soul are in a place of no return.

First thing you have to do is admit the problem is woven in every part of American society. You have your script which is based on lies and propaganda(**** show)

Are willing to face your self in the mirror?

Can't change certain policies without changing minds...

I'm just saying
No more talk
You're not saying anything. That's the problem
GBear4Life
Unit2Sucks said:

This is obviously a difficult topic to discuss.
It's really not if all parties aren't animated by race and their ideologies about it.

There was no evidence that race was a factor here but that was the narrative right of the gate, anybody who played up that narrative showed their cards from the start that they are incapable of being fair minded on this topic.

To recap:

First: story first reported as "black man shot for jogging" or some variation of this premise. Which is to say, him being black was the culprit that generated irrational suspicion that he had or was committing a crime. This is the central claim

Second: evidence comes out that completely destroys this narrative, including video tape disproving that he was jogging, trespassing, etc. So the Race Hustlers must abandon the original narrative, so they try to claim that 1) trespassing is not a big deal 2) He didn't steal anything though! 3) Doesn't everybody check out vacant properties? What's the big deal here? Clearly racism.

Third: The attempt to mitigate the impact of the video tape and other factors that make the 911 call and suspicion of his behavior reasonable slowly loses its creed, as even the Race Hustlers know how ridiculous they sound when they take this route of explaining away what Ahmaud was doing as they're forced to repeat themselves and clarify and back up their mental gymnastics. So they change course

Fourth: NOW it's Travis is evil because he pointed his gun at Ahmaud (nevermind that the video shows him raising the gun as Ahmaud makes an aggessive beeline straight towards him). Being armed was reasonable and legal -- but being there attempting to perform a citizens arrest with a weapon was not. If it had been in their driveway and a stranger was running out of a house that he had trespassed, and Ahmaud rushes Travis and the same things occur, Travis is not guilty of murder nor manslaughter.

The illegal pursuit and stop were always the key factors in this case from the start. And to how a jury will interpret the seconds just prior to the altercation.

Quote:

If someone wants to believe that a black guy making fun of white people dancing is "racist" then that is their business.

Seems fair and reasonable. Can you afford everybody else that same courtesty of "hey, it's their business".

Quote:

A lot of people differentiate between prejudices like that and legalized slavery, jim crow laws and redlining, etc.
Everyone does this. This is a red herring and backdoor apologetics for Race Hustlers doing race hustling type sh i t.

Quote:

I hate to bring up "official dictionary definitions" in a thread so hostile towards them but...

All (actual) racism is prejudice and bigotry by definition.

All prejudice is bigotry by definition, and all bigotry is prejudice by definition.

You're not here to argue with anybody, but you are here to give cover to race hustling and "reverse" racism.
GBear4Life
Unedited police cams of tasing incident and Walmart shoplifting incident. Not sure who the uploader is but apparently he's a Cal grad.

This is more to 1) The media's agenda on propaganda and intentional misreporting to mitigate the victim's character and intent in order to demonize the responses to him; 2) Play-by-play of the edited Guardian segment vs the full video. Hilarious commentary included.

Overview that Ahmaud is not the victim 0:30
"Shows a pattern of behavior and an attitude that is cripplingly Darwinistic in the sense that he's out of the gene pool because he's dumb. It's dumb to be combative with a cop. And if you act this way with cops, then of course you're going to act that way in front of a guy who's trying to conduct a citizen's arrest on you -- and rightfully -- because you're a home invader and you're a thief. He's not a saint nor a jogger, he's made himself into a stat, a predictable stat."

Beginning of the Guardian-released Ahmaud tasin 2:20
-Guardian Framing story as "tased for being in the park" to insinuate he was stopped and tased for being black rather than tased for 1) having a suspended license 2) resisting and being combative 3) running up on a Cop

-Goes from cordial handing over of ID to hostility, explains where Ahmaud goes wrong

"When cops approach you it's in your best interest to be respectful, and civil not aggressive or combative. That message should be written in sky writing in every black community in the country. I thought this goes without saying, but "Boy why you foookin' wit me meh!? Boy why u foookin' wit me meh!!!" ain't good, that's not a course of action that will lead to successful outcomes in life." Self evident stuff if we're being honest with each other and ourselves, but the media and race hustlers are not.

-Outlines the aggressive action and mentaility of a person like Ahmaud

"He takes aggressive movements towards the officer. All of his body language tells the officer he's prepared to fight. That's what this is: a child. A grown up so insecure he's trying to Flex and Alpha up an armed police officer. Trying to prove his machoness. That's why he's dead. Nothing to do with race. It's his attitude.

Unedited taser video 11:38
-Cop calls in Ahmaud's DL and it comes back suspended.
-Ahmaud gets agitated while cop is checking ID cuz he knows he's got a suspended license and "failure to appear" in court
-Ahmuad blurts out "why you fookin' wit me meh?!"
-Ahmaud says "b***h you hit me wit dat shyte next time you gonna get fooked up". Translation: Ahmaud threatened a police officer, declaring if you come at me (presumably with a taser), I'm going to be violent towards you. The Guardian edited this out
-Calls officer "homeboy" again lol
-Officer peers thought window on the passenger side and Ahmaud rushes the cop "like a black rhino" then proceeds to tell officer "why are you touching me?". 'Dude you just charged him like a black rhino!" lmao
-Ahmaud: You can't look inside my shyte. "This isn't a stool sample, Ahmaud. He can. He has probably cause."

Walmart Video 19:25 Arrested for shoplifting
-Cops roll up on Ahmaud and his boys in the parking lot, followed by store management. Hilariousness.
-Cop as he's putting Ahmaud in the cop car: "Did you ride your bike here?". Commentator: No he jogged.

Take a drink evey time you hear "wut we do?" "What's a TV?" "Where's the TV?" "We were in wut?" "I had a receipt bro!"

Criticism of Joe Rogan and guest's take on the Ahmaud story 27:15
going4roses
BearForce2
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

bearister said:

Read the Full Transcript of Obama's H.B.C.U. Commencement Speech

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.amp.html

Remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people? That was nice.

That was a really long time ago.

This looks eerily contemporary, you can't tell this was over 50 years ago. What an inspirational speech it was too.
dimitrig
going4roses said:

There is a younger guy in my neighborhood who walks his two dogs around here often. One is on leash but the other is not. I told him he needs to keep his dog on a leash. He said: "Not this one." I told him we have coyotes around (not a lie - saw a big one in broad daylight recently) and it is not safe to keep his smallish dog off leash. That is just one of several reasons but one I thought would appeal to him. I still see him walking the dogs - one off leash and the other one on a leash, except now he scowls at me when he sees me. At least he didn't call the cops on me, but I guess that's because I am not an African-American man, but he's definitely a Karen.

BearForce2
going4roses said:

You know, she seems entitled, and therefore, 99% chance she's a Democrat but I could be wrong. This is how those who think they're morally superior behave.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

You know, she seems entitled, and therefore, 99% chance she's a Democrat but I could be wrong. This is how those who think they're morally superior behave.

Yeah, I guess only leftist democrats stereotype people.
going4roses
Well are you trying to say these guys are Democrats?

I'm just asking?
going4roses
BearNIt
going4roses said:

The FBI is now investigating.
BearNIt
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Franklin Templeton has now put her on administrative leave. She says that she overreacted and that she now realizes that while she sees the police as a protective agency there are others in this country that don't have that luxury. Ya Think!
calbear93

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

How about the fact that she donated to Obama and John Kerry's election only? Sound like a Republican to you?

Not too difficult to look up political donation history.
going4roses
And you point is?

At the end of the day your stance benefits who?
calbear93
going4roses said:

And you point is?

At the end of the day your stance benefits who?
I don't even know how to respond to this when it comes from you. You are the master of posting divisive videos with gibberish non-sense that seems to be an autobot version of a racist, progressive poster.

My point is that I don't want to hear from so called progressives like you about racism when, in my view, extremes on both sides, including you, are the guilty ones. Posting on a message board about what your progressive views are when you don't live your views do not make you a good person and definitely not the type of person who will have any influence whatsoever on anyone who is not already entrenched in your same viewpoint.
calbear93
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Franklin Templeton has now put her on administrative leave. She says that she overreacted and that she now realizes that while she sees the police as a protective agency there are others in this country that don't have that luxury. Ya Think!
People like her need to stop starting her excuse with "I am not a racist." If you do racist things, even you donated to Obama and Kerry campaigns, you are a racist.

However, these internet warriors who are so certain of their righteousness that they feel entitled to destroy someone's livelihood are evil themselves. How about we dig up dirt on what each and every person has ever said or posted and share with their employers? How would that go?
bearister
The Alt Right (aka White Nationalist Movement) has adopted tRump as their own. There is a reason for that....and tRump has emboldened them.

tRump has also emboldened people in less serious (but still serious) ways. It is the law in my county to wear a mask when you enter areas where social distancing cannot be kept (primarily buildings open to public). I was in the post office this morning and saw an a$$o from my church (who doesn't know me) go into the PO without a mask on. During the last election I noticed he had a Lock Her Up bumper sticker on his car. So you see, tRump has made it a political statement to not wear a mask.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
bearister said:

The Alt Right (aka White Nationalist Movement) has adopted tRump as their own. There is a reason for that....and tRump has emboldened them.

tRump has also emboldened people in less serious (but still serious) ways. It is the law in my county to wear a mask when you enter areas where social distancing cannot be kept (primarily buildings open to public). I was in the post office this morning and saw an a$$o from my church (who doesn't know me) go into the PO without a mask on. During the last election I noticed he had a Lock Her Up bumper sticker on his car. So you see, tRump has made it a political statement to not wear a mask.
Is there a thread you won't drag Trump into?
bearister
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

Is there a thread you won't drag Trump into?

I'm pretty sure not.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
So does this mean the BI race hustlers have abandoned using the Ahmaud story to propagate their ideology and oppression narratives, and feel forced to turn to a video of a verbal dispute in Central Park about dog leashes?

The supply of racism is just not satisfying the appetite for racism to the MSM and its minions.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

Sickening just sickening that a young man out on a jog could be chased down by two IDIOTS and killed because they made assumptions.
Welp, this didn't age well.

Quote:

When will this stop?
Uh, when you folks stop making these ASSumptions

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.