Ahmaud Arbery

48,806 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

"Can't you acknowledge that there is no evidence that the McMichael's intended to cause harm on Ahmaud period, let alone because he was black..."

I am not going to do the research to respond to your question, but like our POTUS, from time to time I go with my "gut" feelings and my gut tells me that two boys looking like those two, and coming from Georgia, probably haven't logged a lot of hours watching the Cosby Show.
LOL, this racist post got lit up faster than you can spell R-A-C-I-S-T.

It is a badge of honor to be ignored by these racist bigoted clowns.

What makes the stereotypical racists of the South, the type you claim the McMichaels are without evidence (as if it even matters in this crime), BETTER than the limousine liberal racists is that the the Southern racists own their racism and they don't go around sanctimoniously accusing others of it.

***On a lighter note, I would NOT take that bet lmao
BearForce2
bearister said:

I also like to place a friendly wager now and again. If there was a way to prove it, and a way to bet on it, I would wager $10,000 right now that the N word flows easily off the lips of both of those boys at least a few times a week. Would you be willing to bet $10G's on the other side of that bet? I'm thinking both those boys have the faces they have earned and deserve.
You would be quickly in debt with this kind of thinking, who knows?
BearNIt
Garou said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
Keep the deflection and misdirections coming.
As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
What precisely am I misrepresenting? You issued an ambiguous unsupported accusation that demonstrated nothing

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.
Again, your theories are shyte. We are talking about a specific incident not one that happened the other day but nice try in trying to equate one with the other. Also, Ahmaud didn't rape a woman and eat her children and to use this type of imagery is reprehensible. Last but not least using Hitler in an argument is in extremely poor taste when trying to make a point or win an argument but you keep swinging away.
I suppose I'll just have to put you on ignore until you stop replying to him.
I'm okay with that as my issue is with his misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the facts and the recordings. I would address his theories but they speak for themselves and don't require my addressing them. His attempts to obfuscate from what actually happened as supported by the recordings are readily apparent and do not need to be addressed as they are shyte.
going4roses
Whew what reach.

Racism = Race + Power.

Left earned his PhD from Berkeley.
GBear4Life

Quote:

Racism = Race + Power.

LOLOLOLOL

Stop parroting MLK and think for yourself. And if you are gonna mindlessly parrot others, get the quote right. It's "Prejudice + power = Racism". Well accomplished men say dumb sh*t too, and that one was MLK's.

My favorite cringe interview:

Smiley: MLK once said Racism equals prejudice plus power. Black folk that are powerless but are prejudice cannot be racist.

Elder: Ridiculous. That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard.

Smiley: Are you calling King an idiot? ARE YOU CALLING KING AN IDIOT????

Quote:

More evidence educational achievement does not mitigate bigotry, racism or translate to wisdom or basic sense

Quote:

Whew what reach.
I let you off the hook. I let you misdirect form the topic and without addressing the points made. You refuted nothing.
calbear93
going4roses said:

Whew what reach.

Racism = Race + Power.

How about racism is racism. No? Anyone without power can say and behave in a racist manner but not be racist? How about poor white in the South where he has no power? Not racist? Isn't it just simpler for people to be decent and not judge or treat other differently based on race or color but instead assess each other based on character and talent? No? Too extreme? OK, how about Racism = ((Race +Power) - Money/height) * age.
GBear4Life
LACalFan said:

Big guns and lifted trucks...I'm going with S.D.E. It causes much anger and frustration.
I'll take "BIGOTRY" for $1,000 please, Alex!
GBear4Life
calbear93 said:

going4roses said:

Whew what reach.

Racism = Race + Power.

How about racism is racism. No? Anyone without power can say and behave in a racist manner but not be racist? How about poor white in the South where he has no power? Not racist? Isn't it just simpler for people to be decent and not judge or treat other differently based on race or color but instead assess each other based on character and talent? No? Too extreme? OK, how about Racism = ((Race +Power) - Money/height) * age.
That phrase may be the dumbest phrase in our lexicon. It's a convenient crutch parroted by people who *think* they are both smart and moral, when they are neither by virtue of believing that phrase contains a scintilla of truth or wisdom. It is broadcasting to the world that you aren't a thinking person.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

I'm okay with that as my issue is with his misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the facts and the recordings. I would address his theories but they speak for themselves and don't require my addressing them. His attempts to obfuscate from what actually happened as supported by the recordings are readily apparent and do not need to be addressed as they are shyte.
GO OFF THEN KING. PLATFORM IS YOURS
going4roses
https://sfist.com/2020/05/18/socal-flat-earther-becomes-internets-enemy-after-filming-mask-wearing-argument-at-grocery-store/
calbear93
GBear4Life said:

calbear93 said:

going4roses said:

Whew what reach.

Racism = Race + Power.

That phrase may be the dumbest phrase in our lexicon. It's a convenient crutch parroted by people who *think* they are both smart and moral, when they are neither by virtue of believing that phrase contains a scintilla of truth or wisdom. It is broadcasting to the world that you aren't a thinking person.
I hate taking something so simple and binary as racism and adding layers of complication where you end up almost diluting racism because it becomes a political point instead of something that goes against basic human decency.
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

https://sfist.com/2020/05/18/socal-flat-earther-becomes-internets-enemy-after-filming-mask-wearing-argument-at-grocery-store/
In a thread about a the line between homicide or manslaughter and self defense, G4R continues try and hammer home how whites suck, citing stories about a white person who won't wear a mask at a grocery store.

Only on BI!
going4roses
Geez you really do not possess the brain capacity to think outside of your bubble. Do you ever think you are wrong ever ? Or are you infallible like God?
going4roses
GBear4Life
You're free to take a break from posting ignorant racist a** tweets and drive-by posts and offer something of substance. Show us the path to truth on this case oh righteous one.
Cal88
dimitrig said:

bearister said:

Read the Full Transcript of Obama's H.B.C.U. Commencement Speech

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.amp.html

Remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people? That was nice.

That was a really long time ago.

Yogi3
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

bearister said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.amp.html

LOL at Putin88 pretending Obama wasn't eloquent. Heck, Reagan was eloquent. So was Clinton. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they did.
sycasey
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
I'll just say here: you do you, but from past interactions with GB4L most of us have learned that replying and countering his points leads nowhere. He'll say whatever it takes to keep the argument going. Only way to end it is to stop responding.
going4roses
But are you going to listen/read/pay attention? Or deflect everything? Sure seems as if your mind body and soul are in a place of no return.

First thing you have to do is admit the problem is woven in every part of American society. You have your script which is based on lies and propaganda(**** show)

Are willing to face your self in the mirror?

Can't change certain policies without changing minds...

I'm just saying
No more talk
going4roses

So what is at work here? How did this behavior start? Is this an isolated incident? In uniform officer of the law "break in"

who was wrong? Before you answer switch the races and or genders...
calbear93
sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I'll just say here: you do you, but from past interactions with GB4L most of us have learned that replying and countering his points leads nowhere. He'll say whatever it takes to keep the argument going. Only way to end it is to stop responding.
I see others doing that A LOT more than GB4L, but we all only see what we want to see.
calbear93
going4roses said:

So what is at work here? How did this behavior start? Is this an isolated incident? In uniform officer of the law "break in"

who was wrong? Before you answer switch the races and or genders...
This all very helpful. You are doing great work here creating more division. I can't wait until you show other races misbehaving so that we can all hate each other more. Hope you sleep well.
going4roses
Right the oppressor blames the oppressed.

Wow no moral compass whatsoever
calbear93
going4roses said:

Right the oppressor blames the oppressed.

Wow no moral compass whatsoever

You are so oppressed. They will write about you in the history books and demand reparation for your future generation.

Have you no shame? Seriously, you do a disservice to people who are actually oppressed or have been oppressed.
going4roses
Right...

Do you feel better now?
calbear93
going4roses said:

Right...

Do you feel better now?

Do you? Do you need to spread more hate and division before you call it a day?
going4roses
sycasey
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I see others doing that A LOT more than GB4L, but we all only see what we want to see.
You are welcome to stop responding to them as well.
calbear93
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I think you kind of missed the point. But thank you for giving me permission.

My point is that, since you call out GB4L when others are so much worse in doing what you accuse GB4L of doing, your real problem with him is that he takes positions that are not aligned with yours.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

My point is that, for you to call out GB4L when others are so much worse and you do not comment may indicate the problem you are indicating is not really the problem for you. Your problem with him is that he takes a position that does not align with yours.
I don't think anyone else on this board is worse, but that's just my opinion. There are people I disagree with but can still engage with in productive discussion. GB is not one.
calbear93
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

My point is that, for you to call out GB4L when others are so much worse and you do not comment may indicate the problem you are indicating is not really the problem for you. Your problem with him is that he takes a position that does not align with yours.
I don't think anyone else on this board is worse, but that's just my opinion. There are people I disagree with but can still engage with in productive discussion. GB is not one.
Exactly my original point. From my perspective, there are others who are a lot worse. You disagree. The reason we disagree is that we see what we want to see, and we will be more forgiving of those we generally agree with.
calbear93
Lucas Lee said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

bearister said:

LOL at Putin88 pretending Obama wasn't eloquent. Heck, Reagan was eloquent. So was Clinton. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they did.
The original quote was "Remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people? That was nice."

Maybe he found Obama to be eloquent but not inspiring? Now we need to find him inspiring? I often did find him inspiring because he appealed to our better angels, but clearly it didn't take for most of America.
BearNIt
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

My point is that, since you call out GB4L when others are so much worse in doing what you accuse GB4L of doing, your real problem with him is that he takes positions that are not aligned with yours.
I don't think that is it at all. I think it is the misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the phone and surveillance recordings, the use imagery that involves rape and the eating of children, the use of Hitler when trying to illustrate a point, wild theories, and the attempt to bring in provocative videos scoured from the internet when the discussion is about a specific incident. This is why he was called out.
calbear93
BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I don't think that is it at all. I think it is the misrepresentation of what actually happened in light of the phone and surveillance recordings, the use imagery that involves rape and the eating of children, the use of Hitler when trying to illustrate a point, wild theories, and the attempt to bring in provocative videos scoured from the internet when the discussion is about a specific incident. This is why he was called out.
When did he do that? I think you are confusing him with someone else. And I think it's the progressive posters who invoke facism and Hitler when they run out of arguments. If you do a search for those terms here, you will find more leftish posters using those terms than the conservatives. Sign of weak thinking when they resort to that, irrespective of whether they are conservative or liberal.
BearNIt
calbear93 said:

BearNIt said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

When did he do that? I think you are confusing him with someone else. And I think it's the progressive posters who invoke facism and Hitler when they run out of arguments. If you do a search for those terms here, you will find more leftish posters using those terms than the conservatives. Sign of weak thinking when they resort to that, irrespective of whether they are conservative or liberal.
Please review his postings:

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.

Then review the YouTube postings of unrelated incidents that were used to illustrate what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.