Ahmaud Arbery

48,764 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/coronavirus-police-brutality/tnamp/?__twitter_impression=true
What a sh*t column, even by The Nation's standards.
bearister
Former cop accused in Ahmaud Arbery killing stripped of arrest powers

https://mol.im/a/8320861
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
It hear the MSM report that he booked his stays at the property on AirBnB.

Rumor is the sources are his mother, best friend, and attorneys.
going4roses
GBear4Life
He was not murdered for his past behavior, his propensity to commit a crime, being under suspicion of committing a crime. He was being followed for being caught trespassing private property.

He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense.

Everyone knows this except low-IQ morons or higher IQ morons consumed by ideology, but it's more righteous to peddle racial propaganda.

It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect.
bearister
"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

"He was shot and killed for wrestling a man for his weapon, which in isolation, is a legal act of self defense."
If it turns out they had no right to point loaded weapons at him then it was the decedent that acted in self defense and the vigilantes are going to be the ones coming out of the proverbial restroom with just their dicks in their hands.
Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

Yes, I agree that's plausible (I don't know how the law will be interpreted) -- hence, "in isolation"...and "It is also *logically possible* for Ahmaud to be a felonious piece of sh*t AND the McMichaels to be liable for his death due to an illegal pursuit of a criminal suspect"

On the moral landscape, I find more empathy for the well intentioned party than the party with nefarious intentions, even if the law, whether fair or unjust, demands the well intentioned party is liable for their loss of life.

The video also doesn't show Travis stopping him with gun pointed at suspect. Though that may have been what happened. And maybe the law renders that point moot. Maybe the manner in which they conducted the stop -- getting out of the vehicle and attempting to block the suspect while armed -- renders everything before and after moot, legally.
When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
going4roses

See any trends? Can you identify the problem?
dimitrig
going4roses said:

Says the owner of another Fresno restaurant:

"Even if the mayor says we can open, anybody with a liquor license can't because we're going to jeopardize our liquor license," he said.

Gov. Gavin Newsom and the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control have threatened to suspend or revoke the liquor licenses of any restaurants that open in defiance of the state's emergency order.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/article242657816.html#storylink=cpy
bearister
Read the Full Transcript of Obama's H.B.C.U. Commencement Speech

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.amp.html
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

I'm not sure what you're point is in highlighting that story in this thread.

The irony is, in a thread where I point out the racism by MSM and the Left when racializing and propogandizing stories, you post a tweet that demonstrates, proudly, those two insidious trait that you believe highlights (something?) in your favor.

Those people, as silly as they are, are not "protesting their right to eat waffles". It dishonestly trivializes the motive. And "their whiteness in full bloom". I don't know what that means, but it's not a compliment and underpinned by an appeal to a specific race.

The Ahmaud story doesn't even involve LE.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

When you have to use phrases like "in isolation and logically possible" it seems to me that the explanation runs counter to what was actually seen on the recordings.
Keep the deflection and misdirections coming.
going4roses
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/ahmaud-arbery-killing/
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
dimitrig
bearister said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/obama-hbcu-speech-transcript.amp.html

Remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people? That was nice.
Yogi3
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

As long as your misrepresentations persist, I am obliged to use the recordings to dispel your theories.
Just put him on ignore like the rest of us have.
Yogi3
dimitrig said:

bearister said:

I remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people as a candidate and then hired Wall Street to run financial policy. I remember when we had an eloquent President who bailed out Wall Street and banks, but not homeowners.

Eloquence just makes it easier to get people not to pay attention to all the bad stuff you do.
dimitrig
Lucas Lee said:

dimitrig said:

bearister said:

I remember when we had an eloquent President who inspired people as a candidate and then hired Wall Street to run financial policy. I remember when we had an eloquent President who bailed out Wall Street and banks, but not homeowners.

Eloquence just makes it easier to get people not to pay attention to all the bad stuff you do.

Obama was not a perfect President, but he's the best President we've had in quite a while. You have to look at it in context of who came before him and who came after him. In that context he's like Abe Lincoln.

Yogi3
dimitrig said:

Lucas Lee said:

dimitrig said:

bearister said:

Obama was not a perfect President, but he's the best President we've had in quite a while. You have to look at it in context of who came before him and who came after him. In that context he's like Abe Lincoln.
I got no problem with saying he was better than George W. Bush and Trump. But was he better than George H.W. Bush? If so, only marginally. At least George H.W. Bush spent far less money in the Middle East than Obama did.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

What precisely am I misrepresenting? You issued an ambiguous unsupported accusation that demonstrated nothing

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.
going4roses
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

Three things seem clear from this:

1) That woman seems to be a 1st ballot HOF c*nt

2) That L E F T guy on twitter has a propensity of broadcasting his own racism proudly

3) going4roses like to tweet racist sh*t.
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

What precisely am I misrepresenting? You issued an ambiguous unsupported accusation that demonstrated nothing

This story is only a story based on the pretense of racial bias leading to a modern day lynching. A woman was murdered jogging the other day it has not gotten a post let alone a thread dedicated to it.

The race-angle, and the "good ole boy jogging" narrative has been completely debunked.

What's being misrepresented in this thread is the intent of both parties -- and its driven by racial bias.

If McMIchaels were in the driveway of the vacated house as Ahmaud ran out of it -- and assuming eveything else on the video remains the same minus the pursuit -- this doesn't get beyond the local news and the McMichaels are drinking beers.

What made it murder was the illegal pursuit and stop. What the video shows is Ahmaud aggressively attacking Travis and wrestling the gun, which if happened on private property with Travis' immediate knowledge of a crime, is legally self defense.

We don't need to see Ahmaud snooping inside the property multiple times to understand the McMichael's suspicion was reasonable. Ahmaud's character is irrelevant to the legal realities the McMichael's face except for how Ahmaud's behavior in that time lends credence to their testimony and what they claim to be their motive.

What Ahmaud's character and behavior that day does impact is where the public places their sorrow on the spectrum of remorse. We determine as individuals how much we grieve the victims of tragedies that don't scale with their behavior in that moment in time. If we had discovered that Ahmaud was on camera the previous day raping a woman and eating her children, and learned he was shot in the same manner by the McMichaels, the McMichael's would be facing the same legal realities -- BUT the public would NOT eulogize Ahmaud. They would not grieve (or grieve less). Take an extreme example: if Hitler stole a candy bar and was shot in the head by the clerk, the clerk would be guilty of a crime just as if it were Mother Teresa, but we would not care. We would not be playing mental gymnastics to craft a narrative around Hitler or to demonize the clerk (even though she's just as guilty, as she had no idea he was Hitler).

It's not difficult to understand why charges weren't brought against the McMichael's absent of racial bias. The video shows they were not engaged in cold blooded murder, were responding to a reasonable suspicion of a robbery suspect and a reasonable suspicion that the suspect may be armed, and only used force after the suspect engaged in physical aggression.

What appears to make the McMichael's liable here is their illegal pursuit and stop. You cannot "pursue" somebody even with probably cause and confront them with a weapon. But it's hard to imagine they could sniff a conviction on anything other than manslaughter, and that should be a victory for the justice system unless you like to move the goal posts on "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" depending on what color the suspect and perps are.
Again, your theories are shyte. We are talking about a specific incident not one that happened the other day but nice try in trying to equate one with the other. Also, Ahmaud didn't rape a woman and eat her children and to use this type of imagery is reprehensible. Last but not least using Hitler in an argument is in extremely poor taste when trying to make a point or win an argument but you keep swinging away.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

Again, your theories are shyte. We are talking about a specific incident not one that happened the other day but nice try in trying to equate one with the other. Also, Ahmaud didn't rape a woman and eat her children and to use this type of imagery is reprehensible. Last but not least using Hitler in an argument is in extremely poor taste when trying to make a point or win an argument but you keep swinging away.
Your rebuttals are shyte. You can't even point out which "THEORY" is shyte.

Don't be shy, be specific. Show off your ability to read this case dispassionately for what it is.

It's very telling that all you can offer is a a ridiculous attempt at misdirection by claiming the intentionally extreme hypothetical example to illustrate an accurate point.

The racist race baiters in this thread have done nothing to support their race baiting theories. They've merely appealed to vague concepts of racism (with no evidence) and mental gymnastics regarding the law and the video footage of the deceased on that day
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I suppose I'll just have to put you on ignore until you stop replying to him.
smh
> I suppose I'll just have to put you on ignore until you stop replying to him.

welcome to the club.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
GBear4Life
These jogger murders never seemed to stimulate much conversation. Because the victim and/or perp did not fit the race baiting narrative

LACalFan
going4roses said:

Dumb, rich and bored. I feel bad for those Gelsons employees having to baby her while trying to make the most of a bad situation. So f'n gross.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

These jogger murders never seemed to stimulate much conversation. Because the victim and/or perp did not fit the race baiting narrative

Horrible crime. The distinguishing factor being the killer in her case never claimed he had the legal right to kill, unlike the vigilantes in the case at hand.

*Since this might be relevant to thoughts you may have had when posting that video, Black on White violent crime gets a lot more media coverage than Black on Black violent crime, which if covered at all gets a couple of lines deep in the news source.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

Horrible crime. The distinguishing factor being the killer in her case never claimed he had the legal right to kill, unlike the vigilantes in the case at hand.
Correct, that is certainly A factor that distinguishes the two crimes. But it is not THE factor driving the difference of coverage and the propaganda that underpins it. If you think this is just my opinion, reference the manner in which folks in this thread and our MSM disingenuously engage with being confronted with the facts of the incident.

The dialogue on this case is not centered around the question I've been posing over and over in this thread, and which you have also just cited, and which nobody has engaged honestly and dispassionately and without prejudice: Did the McMichaels have the legal right to confront the robbery suspect in that manner?. Did the McMichaels have probably cause to suspect Ahmaud of a crime, which deligitamizes the race aspect and legitimizes the suspicion and pursuit (but NOT the stop and attempted arrest)?

What is the current dialogue? "He was shot while black" "He was shot for jogging"."Is stealing commensurate with being shot?" "These vigilentes were out for blood".

All nonsensical, racist and dishonest framing. Can these events and issues be talked about in our culture soberly and dispassionately? Can't you acknowledge that there is no evidence that the McMichael's intended to cause harm on Ahmaud period, let alone because he was black, while also acknowledging the state may still have a case for manslaughter?

Quote:

*Since this might be relevant to thoughts you may have had when posting that video, Black on White violent crime gets a lot more media coverage than Black on Black violent crime, which if covered at all gets a couple of lines deep in the news source.

This is absolutely correct, and why would it shock you that the MSM and discourse in our culture does not give even coverage to black on black crime? Because they can't drive their narrative. And despite whites having 5x the population, blacks commit more intraracial crime, which is astonishing, as are many of the mind boggling crime statistical realities.
bearister
"Can't you acknowledge that there is no evidence that the McMichael's intended to cause harm on Ahmaud period, let alone because he was black..."

I am not going to do the research to respond to your question, but like our POTUS, from time to time I go with my "gut" feelings and my gut tells me that two boys looking like those two, and coming from Georgia, probably haven't logged a lot of hours watching the Cosby Show.

GBear4Life
bearister said:

"Can't you acknowledge that there is no evidence that the McMichael's intended to cause harm on Ahmaud period, let alone because he was black..."

I am not going to do the research to respond to your question, but like our POTUS, from time to time I go with my "gut" feelings and my gut tells me that two boys looking like those two, and coming from Georgia, probably haven't log a lot of hours watching the Cosby Show.
Your warm prejudice and bigotry may fool the Leftists who bathe in that kind of malevolent sanctimony, but it doesn't fool me. Why truly try to understand the facts and circumstances of a case with research when you can just say ignorant and racist sh*t?

What an absurd thing to say. You would be one of many to be mouth breathing all over one of my responses should I assert such a claim about two people who fell into the identity category that you deem protected from such racism and bigotry.

Hey Bearister, maybe the McMichaels had a "gut feeling" Ahmaud was a criminal? LMAO

You post typifies precisely what I'm objecting to.

***On a lighter note, lol the Cosby comment
bearister
I also like to place a friendly wager now and again. If there was a way to prove it, and a way to bet on it, I would wager $10,000 right now that the N word flows easily off the lips of both of those boys at least a few times a week. Would you be willing to bet $10G's on the other side of that bet? I'm thinking both those boys have the faces they have earned and deserve.
LACalFan
Big guns and lifted trucks...I'm going with S.D.E. It causes much anger and frustration.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.