Ahmaud Arbery

48,757 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

*GBear4Life, we hardly knew ye.
Good riddance.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
bearister
Jackie Johnson: Former district attorney indicted in connection to Ahmaud Arbery case - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ahmaud-arbery-jackie-johnson-indicted/index.html

THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS WORTH A RE READ

*GBear4Life, R.I.P., We hardly knew ye (March 22, 2019 - July 20, 2020)

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Jury for murder trial includes 11 whites, 1 black - California News Times

https://californianewstimes.com/jury-for-murder-trial-includes-11-whites-1-black/581179/

Well, you all know what I said President Lincoln should have let General Sherman do.

*I think we all know what the outcome of the trials are going to be for these Missing Link defendants in this case and the Kenosha case.

going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

For what it's worth, this is the sort of stuff I studied in my CRT class in law school.

Our institutions are still deeply flawed. By the way, if they asked the same question about the KKK or a Nathan Bedford Forrest statue, the outcome would have been the same. Essentially asking "Do you think racists are racist" is enough to get someone removed from a hate crime trial. And people pretend like our institutions aren't biased.
BearNIt
bearister said:

Jury for murder trial includes 11 whites, 1 black - California News Times

https://californianewstimes.com/jury-for-murder-trial-includes-11-whites-1-black/581179/

Well, you all know what I said President Lincoln should have let General Sherman do.

*I think we all know what the outcome of the trials are going to be for these Missing Link defendants in this case and the Kenosha case.

The defense is hoping for jury nullification. Is it any wonder why people of color don't trust the system of justice in this country?
concordtom
Travis McMichael decided to testify in his own defense today.
Wow.
I'm listening.

Sounds like a total case of racial profiling (no duh!)
He called the police and said, "I think I saw him put something in his pocket, so be aware."
Oh, really! You thought he had a gun, so you chased him down and shot him? Mmm Hmmm.

The first part of his testimony was all about his prior experience as a police type kind of guy who carried guns regularly and had some training in the (coast guard I think it was). This is designed to give him some kind of authority, as if his judgment is unimpeachable.

Is there 1 black person on the jury?
Come on, man. Don't give in!
These men were guilty as hell!
oski003
concordtom said:

Travis McMichael decided to testify in his own defense today.
Wow.
I'm listening.

Sounds like a total case of racial profiling (no duh!)
He called the police and said, "I think I saw him put something in his pocket, so be aware."
Oh, really! You thought he had a gun, so you chased him down and shot him? Mmm Hmmm.

The first part of his testimony was all about his prior experience as a police type kind of guy who carried guns regularly and had some training in the (coast guard I think it was). This is designed to give him some kind of authority, as if his judgment is unimpeachable.

Is there 1 black person on the jury?
Come on, man. Don't give in!
These men were guilty as hell!

Asked and answered. Scroll up.
bearister
Our country is full of deep hatred. I will be shocked if these Deliverance caliber hillbillies don't get acquitted or hung juried in Georgia. If they get convicted, maybe things are coming around.
concordtom
After Travis shot Albert and he lay dead, he allegedly stood over his body and said: "f'ing n-word".

Heard by neighbor filmmaker Bryan, who tol authorities. Defense attorney made motion to not ask Travis if he said this because it would enflame the jury and cannot be verified since Bryan won't testify and it's hearsay for authorities to claim, as they didn't hear it directly.

Sounds like a reasonable jury would find him guilty.

HE pursued Arbery.
He chased him up and down streets in a car.
He yelled at him, stop, cops are on their way.
He brought the rifle.
He scared Arbery.
He shot Arbery.

He had no probable cause, other than there was a black guy jogging in his neighborhood.

Prosecutor is ripping him now:
- he took it upon himself to investigate a homeless guy, with a gun , then called 911 after.

This should be fun. He's looking panicked now.

Heck, I feel bad for him. He made a terrible mistake. But he's still guilty, of bias, of fear, of murder.

The common thread with Rittenhouse is both these guys tried to be heroes to make the world a better place - BUT NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS WITH A GUN.

NRA LORE GONE WRONG.
BearForce2
concordtom
Watching HLN channel!!!

Thanks to Okaydo, who recommended YouTubeTV as my cable TV solution, I have "the killing of Ahmaud Arbery: jogger murder trial" all recorded and scrollable to the defendant's testimony attempt to save his own life.

The prosecutor continues her attempt to break him down right now this morning.

Thanks okaydo! Good deal.
concordtom
In other words, turn on HLN, fellas!!!!!
dajo9
I haven't seen much of the deliberations but watched a bit of the defendant on the stand today.

Holy Cow! If this isn't a clear cut case of murder I don't know what is!

If the jury let's these guys walk then it is open season on black people in this country.
concordtom
This lawyerly stuff is as good as any football game strategy talk.
Run, play action, pass, bootlet.
Blitz, cover 2, stunt, prevent....

These lawyers have to be on their toes:
objection, allowed.
objection, sustained - I'll ask the question differently.

This prosecutor should be trying Rittenhouse!
concordtom
dajo9 said:

I haven't seen much of the deliberations but watched a bit of the defendant on the stand today.

Holy Cow! If this isn't a clear cut case of murder I don't know what is!

If the jury let's these guys walk then it is open season on black people in this country.
They'd say "It's BEEN open season on black people for 400 years!"

It is interesting watching him. It is not hard to see that he had a bunch of subconscious bias thoughts running thru his head informing him who this guy was and what he did - and he may have been right - but the facts of the matter are that he also may have been wrong. He had no justifiable reason for pulling a gun on him.

This is so similar to the Rittenhouse case. Men getting the guns for poor reasons, and bad things happening.

Just put the damn guns away and leave them away!
concordtom
Oh dear!
During the jogging/driving pursuit of Ahmaud, the father yelled out to him, "Stop, stop, or I'll blow your f*****g head off."
-As told by father to police after the shooting.

These guys are going to fry.
dajo9
The defense seems to be:

"We chased this guy down with our guns and he seemed upset so clearly we had good reason to think he was a criminal"
concordtom
dajo9 said:

The defense seems to be:

"We chased this guy down with our guns (and our truck because of our biased racial suspicions) and he seemed upset so clearly we had good reason to think he was a criminal"
I mean, come on, is there any doubt that if this was a white jogger that they wouldn't have gone after him?
I repeat what the father said from atop the back of the pickup, with his pistol in hand:

"Stop, stop, or I'll shoot your f*****g head off!"

Neighborly white folk, as he's trying to present himself here, don't do that to other white folk in their neighborhoods.
concordtom
Love this neighbor testifying:
Brooke Perez.
Her husband is her "protector", is always "packed".
One night they went out and were both packed, she with a .44

Well, at least she's kinda cute.

Unit2Sucks
I think there are only 2 possibilities for someone to support the defendants here. First - you are just a racist. No explanation needed. Second - you just reflexively defend anyone accused of racism because you oppose progressives (or more specifically anti-racists). I can't imagine that if the races were unknown here anyone hearing about this and thinking "oh yeah, that's a reasonable self-defense argument."

We need to have a nationwide movement to eliminate all of these citizen's arrest laws. They're ridiculous and are more likely to lead to extrajudicial killings than anything in the name of justice.
going4roses
Third party policing is a big problem
Unit2Sucks
going4roses said:

Third party policing is big problem
Yeah, we can't even keep cops in line, what in the world would make people think we can allow civilians to exercise police powers?

I guess (to argue with myself), if you see someone doing something wrong and you want to be an upstander, without some sort of citizen's arrest provision you have potential criminal liability. I still think that's best handled by prosecutorial discretion.
going4roses
Too bad it's not that simple

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2rRJFo/
concordtom
Interesting negotiations going on for Mr Bryan, the neighbor who filmed the McMichaels shooting.

He followed along in his truck and filmed. He moved his truck into Arbery and ran him off the road.

He has been charged with murder but it looks like the charge is being negotiated down with prosecutor down to a number of vehicle assault charges.

I say, that's fair.

It will be interesting to see what the dad gets.

The son, who drove the car in following Arbery and who pulled the trigger, is going to go to jail!

This judge seems very reasonable.
concordtom
No court action till Monday morning at 9, when judge will have decided upon the actual charges.

Then, closing arguments.
concordtom
Anyone watch today?
The mcmichaels are going down.
bearister
If they convict those hillbillies….

concordtom
If they don't convict Travis mcmichael

concordtom
Even my cousin in TX thinks he's going to jail for a long time. Since he seems to get all his thoughts from FoxNews I can only assume they've thrown in the towel on Travis.
Which means, if the jury doesn't convict, they are further right than even the most egregious foxnews f*ckers.
So, prepare for disaster in that case.

(Translation: sell stocks if Not Guilty)
going4roses
Hmm
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2586c7/
bearister
bearister said:

Our country is full of deep hatred. I will be shocked if these Deliverance caliber hillbillies don't get acquitted or hung juried in Georgia. If they get convicted, maybe things are coming around.

There is hope for this world after all!

Justice 3 Hillbillies 0

https://abc7news.com/all-3-men-charged-in-arberys-death-convicted-of-murder/11266887/

White father and son are both found GUILTY of murder of Ahmaud Arbery

https://mol.im/a/10239523
going4roses
Well it was a modern day lynching
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
going4roses said:

Well it was a modern day lynching

THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS WORTH A REREAD. MY MEMORY IS THAT TWO OF THE MAJOR @$$h@les IN THE THREAD GARNERED LIFETIME BI BANS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.