Ahmaud Arbery

48,771 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

sycasey said:

smh said:

sycasey > .. I will just reiterate the above
Quote:

[after playing out all possible outcomes for Global Thermonuclear War]
Joshua: Greetings, Professor Falken.
Stephen Falken: Hello, Joshua.
Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
51 of 52 found this interesting

I saw 12 Angry Men again recently, and this scene seemed to show the way:

That impression of GoldenOnenote ( or GB4L - essentially cut from the same cloth) is spot on!
60 year old movie and you still hear the same s*** today.
going4roses
Anarchistbear said:

******* cop arrested in Minneapolis

Only 1 smh.
All four must be charged.
And found guilty
calbear93
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

Ok, I'll go first. I spent the first 27 years of my life in Oakland and Berkeley.
That's not an excuse for your sh*t posts.

I must be getting to you. Some p@ussie moderator at reddit used the same term when she banned me for life for having the nerve to counter argue her shallow $10 word bullsh@it. And to think, you could have left well enough alone and just let me walk away with a deleted post. But you just had to have another helping.
I am sure you are also concerned about the criminal activities that has diverted attention from the underlying issue of police brutality, but your postings would indicate that your main interest is whether someone here is using the right language. I mean there is no better way to make police overall more sympathetic than having mass criminal behavior. If your house got looted and your family attacked, I am sure your concern wouldn't be whether those who attacked your family were called by the right terms. Why is it that we need to repeat this stupid cycle? Horrible police brutality that would otherwise unite everyone turned into mass violence and looting that eliminates the narrative and emphathy. No one is going to buy that your protest of police brutality is best expressed by stealing a big screen TV and destroying property of business owners who had nothing to do with all this and whose cost will be passed on to the community (whether increased rent / premium leading to increased prices or lower employee costs). I truly am tired of all of this ****, and I am beginning to understand the populist appeal. When the focus and reaction of people who are allegedly more educated just escapes all common sense and when the excuses seem politically driven, people just don't want to hear from either side, and we lose the opportunity to have genuine discussion, self-reflection and path forward. All we end having is just one tragedy stacked on top of others because people always prove themselves to be just crappy over all. And when you come to that conclusion, hearing from someone like me or blugld or anyone else who thinks they are morally superior for sprouting moral indignation, you just want to tell me or them to just shut the **** up.
bearister
" Horrible police brutality that would otherwise unite everyone turned into mass violence and looting that eliminates the narrative and emphathy."

Well, it would unite more people but not everyone. It wouldn't unite that not insignificant percentage of our nation, and a few on this board, that twisted logic and reason into balloon animals in their apologist analysis of the shooting of Ahmed Aubrey'.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
bearister said:

" Horrible police brutality that would otherwise unite everyone turned into mass violence and looting that eliminates the narrative and emphathy."

Well, it would unite more people but not everyone. It wouldn't unite that not insignificant percentage of our nation, and a few on this board, that twist logic and reason into balloon animals in their apologist analysis of the shooting of Ahmed Aubrey'.
Tell us where the analysis has gone wrong.

There has been next to zero analysis by the Race Hustlers, unless emotive appeals to "racism" counts as analysis.
GBear4Life
LOL this thread.

Leftists: I'm a good person, look how angry I get at muh, racism.

Also Leftists: Violent looting, robbery and property destruction -- what's the big deal guys?
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

Anarchistbear said:

Only 1 smh.
And found guilty

LOL you seem like a very centered person, immune from the volatile winds of emotion and bias.
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

going4roses said:

Anarchistbear said:

Only 1 smh.
And found guilty

LOL you seem like a very centered person, immune from the volatile winds of emotion and bias.
You not so much. Still engage in inflammatory imagery and rhetoric I see. Your posts speak for themselves and your use of the phrase such as "race hustlers" says everything we need to know about you but you keep swinging away. You sure your not a Russian bot trying to stir up trouble?
Anarchistbear
From what I could see most of the protesters last night more accurately were " white race hustlers."
GBear4Life
What's the over/under on days til a BI partisan leftist characterizes the abject destruction of a major city as "not good".
bearister
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

Well, it would unite more people but not everyone. It wouldn't unite that not insignificant percentage of our nation, and a few on this board, that twist logic and reason into balloon animals in their apologist analysis of the shooting of Ahmed Aubrey'.

There has been next to zero analysis by the Race Hustlers, unless emotive appeals to "racism" counts as analysis.

The following are excerpts from your comments through page 2 of a 10 page thread. I got so tired of reading your bullsh@it a second time that I stopped there (it's like trying to get through even 2 minutes of Sean Hannity). Anyway, the pattern that emerges is that noticeably absent from your comments are any hypotheticals or speculation that spin the situation favorably to the decedent. I find that telling.

All cut and pasted quotes:

"Yes, you can see Ahmaud as the aggessor and striking blows and on one of the men, and in isolation a self defense claim seems totally valid.

He was killed for attacking a man.

Ahmaud killed himself by engaging in a fight, but he probably knew if he let the men hold him until the police came he would be spending the night in prison.

LOL you're asserting that he started a fist fight with a guy who had a gun and whose friend had a gun because he was scared for his life? Don't make your bias so obvious.

but I know if I were an innocent man on a jog and two guy with guns in a very fierce manner commanded I stop to talk. I wouldn't think I, as an unarmed man, should run into them and challenge them to a fight and tear their shotgun away from them. I'd probably hear what they had to say.

But if I were somebody who had broken into numerous homes and just heard a civilian call the police on me for trespassing onto private property and I was on probation and didn't want to go to jail, I might take some risks and make a run for it.

I think his aggression there was ill advised and it'd be tough to argue otherwise, in my view.

The normal reaction, it seems to me, is to be scared. Not to belligerently initiate a physical altercation with two people who would be "justified" in shooting me. It's a scenario I could not win.

Aside from this, fist fighting two men with guns is not fighting for your life. It's called committing suicide

He knew what they wanted to confront him about. He had just trespassed a property in the neighborhood. They declared they wanted to talk to them when they could have popped a cap in his arse and they could have NOT called the Police if their intent was to get away with murder."

You will protest that some of the quotes seem harsher because they are taken out of context. Go ahead an add context. In some cases it may succeed it putting a smiley face on a turd, but not much more.
going4roses
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/understanding-the-reaction-to-police-brutality/2316772/
going4roses
GBear4Life
calbear93 said:

I am sure you are also concerned about the criminal activities that has diverted attention from the underlying issue of police brutality, but your postings would indicate that your main interest is whether someone here is using the right language. I mean there is no better way to make police overall more sympathetic than having mass criminal behavior. If your house got looted and your family attacked, I am sure your concern wouldn't be whether those who attacked your family were called by the right terms. Why is it that we need to repeat this stupid cycle? Horrible police brutality that would otherwise unite everyone turned into mass violence and looting that eliminates the narrative and emphathy. No one is going to buy that your protest of police brutality is best expressed by stealing a big screen TV and destroying property of business owners who had nothing to do with all this and whose cost will be passed on to the community (whether increased rent / premium leading to increased prices or lower employee costs). I truly am tired of all of this ****, and I am beginning to understand the populist appeal. When the focus and reaction of people who are allegedly more educated just escapes all common sense and when the excuses seem politically driven, people just don't want to hear from either side, and we lose the opportunity to have genuine discussion, self-reflection and path forward. All we end having is just one tragedy stacked on top of others because people always prove themselves to be just crappy over all. And when you come to that conclusion, hearing from someone like me or blugld or anyone else who thinks they are morally superior for sprouting moral indignation, you just want to tell me or them to just shut the **** up.
Bearister has spent his whole life in a 20 mile radius, marinating in the same, self affirming bubble, the murder capital of the western United States, known for its thug culture, where abject violence is not just tolerated but often lauded. He knows not what he does.
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

GBear4Life said:

The Cop was fired. The other 3 were too. Thy "system" concurs with the public. And the ANIMALS still are tearing down their own city. If these losers ran sh*t we'd be all be a pile of dust. All these people know how to do is tear down civilization, not build one or sustain one.

Stopping using code words "animals" and "thugs" say the word you really want to use.
"PLEASE USE RACIST WORDS FOR ME SO THAT I CAN CALL YOU A RACIST SO THAT I CAN FEEEEEEEEEEEL MUCH BETTER!"
going4roses
smh
<<< post fail, neever-mind >>>
smh
going4roses said:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/understanding-the-reaction-to-police-brutality/2316772/
^^^ going4roses link copied from inside nbcwashington.com broke; try this one instead, and maybe sooner is better than later..
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/understanding-the-reaction-to-police-brutality-2/2316886
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
GBear4Life said:

..I am sure Bearister has spent his whole life in a 20 mile radius, marinating in the same, self affirming bubble, the murder capital of the western United States, known for its thug culture, where abject violence is not just tolerated but often lauded. He knows not what he does.

At least I'm not ashamed to disclose where I grew up. My parents were both born and raised in Oakland too. My mom's father was an Oakland policeman.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

The following are excerpts from your comments through page 2 of a 10 page thread. I got so tired of reading your bullsh@it a second time that I stopped there (it's like trying to get through even 2 minutes of Sean Hannity). Anyway, the pattern that emerges is that noticeably absent from your comments are any hypotheticals or speculation that spin the situation favorably to the decedent. I find that telling.

All cut and pasted quotes:

"Yes, you can see Ahmaud as the aggessor and striking blows and on one of the men, and in isolation a self defense claim seems totally valid.

He was killed for attacking a man.

Ahmaud killed himself by engaging in a fight, but he probably knew if he let the men hold him until the police came he would be spending the night in prison.

LOL you're asserting that he started a fist fight with a guy who had a gun and whose friend had a gun because he was scared for his life? Don't make your bias so obvious.

but I know if I were an innocent man on a jog and two guy with guns in a very fierce manner commanded I stop to talk. I wouldn't think I, as an unarmed man, should run into them and challenge them to a fight and tear their shotgun away from them. I'd probably hear what they had to say.

But if I were somebody who had broken into numerous homes and just heard a civilian call the police on me for trespassing onto private property and I was on probation and didn't want to go to jail, I might take some risks and make a run for it.

I think his aggression there was ill advised and it'd be tough to argue otherwise, in my view.

The normal reaction, it seems to me, is to be scared. Not to belligerently initiate a physical altercation with two people who would be "justified" in shooting me. It's a scenario I could not win.

Aside from this, fist fighting two men with guns is not fighting for your life. It's called committing suicide

He knew what they wanted to confront him about. He had just trespassed a property in the neighborhood. They declared they wanted to talk to them when they could have popped a cap in his arse and they could have NOT called the Police if their intent was to get away with murder."

You will protest that some of the quotes seem harsher because they are taken out of context. Go ahead an add context. In some cases it may succeed it putting a smiley face on a turd, but not much more.

Signs you might be arguing with a psychopath: constantly telling you you're wrong without supporting why and asserting what their position and what they think is correct.

You WANT the McMichaels to be demonized and attributed a malevalent motive because that's what you WANT to be true. You are blinded by the narrow scope of race and ideology. When one can't even acknowledge that the race is irrelevant and that the suspects were not seeking to "hunt him down and kill him", whether because of prejudice or anything else is broadcasting to everyone that they are not an honest actor conversing in good faith on this issue.

I can interpret the videos and evidence dispassionately, without pride or prejudice, and without taking my cues from a dishonest culture that frames the case not by dispassionate reasoning but by their preconceived notions of what these characters represent in our broader society. I'm not in awe of the dishonest PC mob and their narratives, I can call balls and strikes not matter how it may be perceived by people who I fundamentally do not respect (leftists generally who politicize the non political with virtue signaling and moral depravity).
CalFan777
CalFan777
CalFan777
Grigsby
Agent provocateurs hard at work I see. Looks like its time for an insurrection.
BearForce2
CalFan777 said:

Elements from ANTIFA? Oakland, check, white males, check, violence, check.

BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Yeah, yer right. He prolly had it coming. And if he didn't now, he would have.

God bless our American Vigilante Patriots! Keeping white, gun totin', Christian 'Murica safe!

Where were you last night Aunbear?
AunBear89
SIP. You?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

SIP. You?
Very good. Me SIP.
going4roses
Is Americas' future worth these Four murderers ? Yes or No?

https://instagr.am/p/CA1BObVnbqt

If you see nothing wrong put your name(and your children and grandkids) on it you must own the unintended and intended consequences.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Holy ish, this is crazy. I hadn't been aware that before McMichael murdered Arbery, they had already hit him with the truck. Sort of puts these theories about the shooting being in self-defense after Arbery tried to defend himself against these dudes.

If what CNN is reporting is accurate, it obliterates all of the garbage defenses I've seen bandied about elsewhere that Arbery was the aggressor. Even without the racial slur piece (which will make it hard for the people who pretended this had nothing to do with race), this is a pretty big change in circumstances that will make it much harder for these murderers to mount a defense.
sycasey
okaydo said:

But I was told there is no evidence it was about race.
bearister
On 5/18 I posted:

bearister said:

I also like to place a friendly wager now and again. If there was a way to prove it, and a way to bet on it, I would wager $10,000 right now that the N word flows easily off the lips of both of those boys at least a few times a week. Would you be willing to bet $10G's on the other side of that bet? I'm thinking both those boys have the faces they have earned and deserve.

1. I wish I could have placed that wager; and

2. I wonder if the accuracy of my post means I'm not a self loathing "race hustler" (from Alt Right glossary, right?) after all, just a realist.
BearNIt
bearister said:

On 5/18 I posted:

bearister said:

I also like to place a friendly wager now and again. If there was a way to prove it, and a way to bet on it, I would wager $10,000 right now that the N word flows easily off the lips of both of those boys at least a few times a week. Would you be willing to bet $10G's on the other side of that bet? I'm thinking both those boys have the faces they have earned and deserve.

1. I wish I could have placed that wager; and

2. I wonder if the accuracy of my post means I'm not a self loathing "race hustler" (from Alt Right glossary, right?) after all, just a realist.
They are who we thought they were.
bearister
This post is dedicated to GBear4Life, who did some of his finest work in this thread in the days before he garnered a LIFETIME BAN:

Ahmaud Arbery killing: three men charged with federal hate crimes

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/28/ahmaud-arbery-killing-three-men-hate-crimes-charges?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*GBear4Life, we hardly knew ye.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.