Police videos thread

74,052 Views | 883 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo said:

How deep does that rabbit hole go
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
going4roses

Wow how many lives has she terrorized
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMegwyE3M/

640 cases in jeopardy from Two corrupt people?

Think for one second how many lives destroyed?
Multiply that across the department
Multiply that across the state
Multiply that across this nation

Amerikkka is fugged up
going4roses
Another cold blooded murder
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMesqXx2y/
okaydo
This article is a good read.

going4roses
This happens everywhere. The damage is layered many times over. There is no law and order
going4roses
bearister
Results from ramped-up police trainings could take years if at all - Axios

https://www.axios.com/police-training-george-floyd-6ef0c38d-0836-47ba-91a1-43c661c8cf1c.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
yes i am fatalist but i am going with the latter ....

one bad apple spoils the whole bunch
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
bearister
Policing task force calls for national training standards - Axios

https://www.axios.com/policing-task-force-national-training-standards-5a86db50-586f-470e-a1be-c59ba040ed83.html
okaydo
going4roses
Well as expected

Progression of third party policing and private property policing

The "real" police can't even get it together

I kinda felt this was the direction they were heading

Unit2Sucks
In some ways I prefer private security. They don't get the benefit of qualified immunity and lose much of the benefits of decades or jurisprudence which defends the misconduct of police officers.

For all of the hysterical talk from conservatives about people not wanting to be police any more (because they aren't allowed to kill unarmed black people without repercussions?), they have effectively no protection as private security. This very much levels the legal playing field from that perspective.
okaydo
For those who missed this news:

bearister
The worldwide protests that Black Lives Matter inspired - Axios

https://www.axios.com/black-lives-matter-global-impact-905ada40-6784-4293-bba0-915d08c23f04.html
okaydo
going4roses

But there is no racism? GTFOH

okaydo

going4roses
Hmm any concerns now?

Unit2Sucks
going4roses said:

Hmm any concerns now?

If given a choice between an arrest by someone with qualified immunity and someone without qualified immunity, my choice would be the latter.

These private security forces don't have the protection that government employees enjoy which means their employers will have to be far more careful to avoid massive liability. I would expect them to be more risk averse and fewer unarmed black men shot in the back.

So, while I wouldn't say I'm in favor of private security forces generally, I do think that this tends to reduce the risk of brutality. My preference would be to make police less murdery of course, but that's not the question at hand.
going4roses
Ic ic that's fair and measured

Or shot in the back of the head

Or a family is told a person was in car accident to find out years later he was murdered in custody smfh
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

Hmm any concerns now?

If given a choice between an arrest by someone with qualified immunity and someone without qualified immunity, my choice would be the latter.

These private security forces don't have the protection that government employees enjoy which means their employers will have to be far more careful to avoid massive liability. I would expect them to be more risk averse and fewer unarmed black men shot in the back.

So, while I wouldn't say I'm in favor of private security forces generally, I do think that this tends to reduce the risk of brutality. My preference would be to make police less murdery of course, but that's not the question at hand.

What happens when off duty and retired police are working as private security guards?

going4roses
As they always have done and during the pandemic even more are picking up extra hours

Another thought the OPD officers working security detail at some local Walgreens locations will their hours go toward retirement/full pension?
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

Hmm any concerns now?

What happens when off duty and retired police are working as private security guards?

Off duty cops don't have qualified immunity either. 9th circuit ruled on this exact issue a few years ago.

QI has been used to prevent cops from being held accountable and it doesn't apply in any way to these private security forces regardless of who the workers are.

There are all kinds of problems with private security, but criminal accountability isn't structurally inhibited because there is no QI. That's a big deal.
going4roses

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.