Police videos thread

74,276 Views | 883 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by okaydo
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
next scene: safety officers cameras off, drop a gun on the corpse

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
okaydo
CNN host and Berkeley resident W. Kamau Bell weighs in:

okaydo

sycasey
okaydo said:

CNN host and Berkeley resident W. Kamau Bell weighs in:

For the "resisting arrest means you get shot" crowd:

GBear4Life
You're deflecting from violence, real victims, and the primary lost of life for blacks -- inner city, intraracial homicide -- by pointing out a reduction in high crime rates like you're making a counterpoint. All you're making clear is your ideological bent.

And then calling police killings "sanctioned murder" is just so dishonest it's difficult to fathom. Point to a law or statute that permits cops to murder anybody. And Chuvrin was arrested and indicted. LIke I said, profoundly dishonest.
GBear4Life
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

19 dead in a decade: the small American city where violent police thrive

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/13/vallejo-california-police-violence-sean-monterrosa?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Black lives save by "Black Lives Matter": ZERO

Black lives saved by Police in one year: broke the calculator

Blacks wrongfully killed by police last year: less than blacks killed in Chicago in one weekend

Glad you've gotten to the point where you compare police to the high standards of killers in Chicago.

Glad you're finally seeing how evil cops can be.
Cool strawmanning, bro.
Eastern Oregon Bear
GBear4Life said:

You're deflecting from violence, real victims, and the primary lost of life for blacks -- inner city, intraracial homicide -- by pointing out a reduction in high crime rates like you're making a counterpoint. All you're making clear is your ideological bent.

And then calling police killings "sanctioned murder" is just so dishonest it's difficult to fathom. Point to a law or statute that permits cops to murder anybody. And Chuvrin was arrested and indicted. LIke I said, profoundly dishonest.
Cool strawmanning, bro.
GBear4Life
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

GBear4Life said:

Cool strawmanning, bro.

Thanks!
okaydo
GBear4Life said:

Cops should have popped a cap in his a s s the moment two guys could not subdue him as he's fighting back. LE was not in control of a suspect who was overpowering them. The moment that happens, F U K the taser and fill the dope with lead.

Should he be dead?

sycasey
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

Cops should have popped a cap in his a s s the moment two guys could not subdue him as he's fighting back. LE was not in control of a suspect who was overpowering them. The moment that happens, F U K the taser and fill the dope with lead.

Should he be dead?

Based on GB4L's commentary, it's pretty clear the answer is yes. According to him, anyone who fights back against the police should be dead. You can also see this in his commentary on the George Floyd protesters.

A nice and fascist position.
dajo9
I support BLM. I marched the streets of Berkeley after the Rodney King verdict. I do not think the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks should be prosecuted.
smh
Ogunbanjo article's wordpress login / credentials wasn't enough to open the article, arguably a good thing. ah well.
GBear4Life
Fascist? LOL if you don't like that LE can kill a thug wrestling their firearm away from them, call your Republican/Democratic congressmen. These laws were passed by both parties all over the country.

LE is required to put their life on the line everyday, but they are not required to needlessly put their lives on the line for aggro criminals just so privileged white liberals, who have never made such a sacrifice for anybody, can virtue signal about racism and police brutality.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

Those cops should be fired...

... for not doing their job and popping a cap in that thug's a s s. As a result, that thug is now on the loose in a stolen vehicle, putting the public at risk.

EPIC failure of duty and judgment by those officers. They have no business being employed as LE officers.
smh
"wrestling their firearm away" not so fast with the sleight of hand francis.

a scared out of his wits drunk ran off with their taser, shamed 'em into messing up imo.

how do civilians operate those anyways?

# big sigh goes here
bearister
" In the United States, the use of deadly force by sworn law enforcement officers is lawful when the officer reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others."

Using the above as a general statement of the law, make the argument how someone running away from the scene of a DUI arrest, discharging a taser while running away ( I assume outside its range and getting more outside range as he ran) caused the officer to reasonably believe that the suspect posed a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to the officer or others justifying the use of deadly force.*

*I have read nothing about the case and thus have no knowledge regarding motivation of the officer. Just looking at the video they appear ill trained and in a state panic (no, I wouldn't want to do their job).
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
okaydo
bearister
The plot thickens.

Cop who shot Rayshard Brooks had several complaints against him

https://mol.im/a/8426471

Senate Republicans prepare their opening bid on police reform - Axios

https://www.axios.com/senate-republicans-police-reform-ca3fa607-1cce-4d99-ae24-fbbf7d933f45.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
drizzlybear
I feel the same way, and I've been participating in marches/demonstrations in support of addressing racial injustice and meaningful reparations in our country and demilitarizing the police here in Seattle (I've even been sitting for the anthem for years in support of CK's right to kneel). But to me there does seem to be some gray area in the Rayshard Brooks case. And one thing I don't want to see is that every altercation with the police now gets tried on video in the court of public opinion from the comfort of our phones.
BancroftBear93
bearister said:

The plot thickens.

Cop who shot Rayshard Brooks had several complaints against him

https://mol.im/a/8426471

Senate Republicans prepare their opening bid on police reform - Axios

https://www.axios.com/senate-republicans-police-reform-ca3fa607-1cce-4d99-ae24-fbbf7d933f45.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

That's a fair point about the cop, character and past behavior is always relevant when assessing culpability in a confrontation If that cop had multiple complaints against him, he may have been prone to violence.

But what's good for the goose is also good for the gander. How does Mr. Brooks' rap sheet compare to the cop's?

https://www.rapsheetz.com/georgia/doc-prisoner/BROOKS_RAYSHARD/1001370147

BancroftBear93
okaydo
okaydo
BancroftBear93 said:

1. Two weeks ago, Craig Gore, a writer on NBC's newest Law & Order TV show, who lives in very wealthy West Hollywood, posted the following amid the protests and the looting.

He was quickly fired.

When I saw the news, I was interested in who this guy was.

So I looked up his IMDb bio. Turns out he's a felon who was part of a robbery/burglary crew. (Note his IMDb page has since been changed to erase this.)

Gore got a chance to lead a rich life, despite doing despicable things in his younger years, because police didn't kill him.

The story of Rayshard Brooks, on the other hand, is over at age 27 because he was drunk and ran from the police.

2. Krista Vernoff is the showrunner of the ABC TV show Grey's Anatomy and its spinoff Station 19. Grey's Anatomy airs in 220 countries and has made billions of dollars for Disney.

When Brooks was killed, Vernoff, who is white, detailed her youthful run-ins with the law in a series of tweets in reaction to Brooks' death.

She ran from police and wasn't killed and got to live a rich life.

3. Jay Pharoah is a standup comedian best known for portraying Obama on Saturday Night Live. Pharoah has never been arrested. He's lived a law-abiding life.

A few weeks ago, Pharoah was jogging in the San Fernando Valley when LAPD officers stop him with guns drawn, cuffed him and an officer put his knee to his neck.

The point: Your past shouldn't matter. Police shouldn't kill you when you're not a threat.

going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
eh, i just posted what going4roses posted.
sycasey
okaydo said:

"Cops should have put a cap in her a**." - GBear4Life
Yogi3
going4roses said:

Maybe now she understands how black people felt when she pulled them over, but I doubt it.
Yogi3
sycasey said:

okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

Should he be dead?

Based on GB4L's commentary, it's pretty clear the answer is yes. According to him, anyone who fights back against the police should be dead. You can also see this in his commentary on the George Floyd protesters.

A nice and fascist position.
I think you're being far too kind here to him.
Yogi3
dajo9 said:

I support BLM. I marched the streets of Berkeley after the Rodney King verdict. I do not think the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks should be prosecuted.
I can't be wrong about a race issue! I protested against racism!

Your medal is being shipped as we speak. Keep your bonafides to yourself.
smh
several dark posts up a ways have pastey white bread wondering, darn..

not classy "good cops", however defined, but what percent of beat officers swagger around town empowered by not just a freshly pressed uniform, but invisible wannabe klan undies.

and how do civilians tell the difference.

# rhetorical gosh and golly
dimitrig
Lucas Lee said:

going4roses said:

Maybe now she understands how black people felt when she pulled them over, but I doubt it.

Officer Karen can handcuff me anytime.
bearister
BancroftBear93 said:

Atlanta DA Press Conference so far:

1. After Mr. Brooks was shot and laying on the ground dying, the officer that shot him kicked him (the photo shows him winding up for the kick like DeNiro did in Goodfellas) while the other officer stood on his shoulder;

2. Brooks was 18 feet away and still running when Officer Rolfe shot him twice in the back with a 9mm Glock, one shot piercing his heart;

3. Under the circumstances, Rolfe would have been violating procedure even shooting a taser at the fleeing Brooks;

4. Officer Rolfe was aware the taser Brooks took had already been fired twice and thus presented no risk;

5. The other officer, Brosnan, has agreed to testify against Rolfe (update: now refusing to);

6. The officers spent 40 minutes with Brooks yet they never advised Brooks he was under arrest, which is in violation of the law;

7. Both officers violated policy by not rendering medical aid to Brooks;

8. One of Rolfe's shot's caused a bullet to enter the car of a third party;

9. Both officers have until 6 pm tomorrow to turn themselves in.

*...and I forgot Rolfe's excited utterance after the shooting, "I got him!"

going4roses
bearister said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Atlanta DA Press Conference so far:

1. After Mr. Brooks was shot and laying on the ground dying, the officer that shot him kicked him (the photo shows him winding up for the kick like DeNiro did in Goodfellas) while the other officer stood on his shoulder;

2. Brooks was 18 feet away and still running when Officer Rolf shot him twice in the back with a 9mm Glock, one shot piercing his heart;

3. Under the circumstances, Rolf would have been violating procedure even shooting a taser at the fleeing Brooks;

4. Officer Rolf was aware the taser Brooks took had already been fired twice and thus presented no risk;

5. The other officer, Brosnan, has agreed to testify against Rolf;

6. The officers spent 40 minutes with Brooks yet they never advised Brooks he was under arrest, which is in violation of the law;

7. Both officers violated policy by not rendering medical aid to Brooks;

8. One of Rolf's shot's caused a bullet to enter the car of a third party;

9. Both officers have until 6 pm tomorrow to turn themselves in.

*...and I forgot Rolf's excited utterance after the shooting, "I got him!"

#8 !!! Out of control smh
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
sycasey
bearister said:

4. Officer Rolf was aware the taser Brooks took had already been fired twice and thus presented no risk;
That's the most damning piece, IMO. If he knew that "weapon" was no danger to anyone then he had no reason to shoot the guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.