sabrina ionescu

149,386 Views | 549 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClayK;842621399 said:

My personal agenda, for what it's worth, is to see Sabrina at Cal. But the only agenda that matters is hers ...

appreciate that sentiment, clay...sabrina has not made a decision
Shocky1
it would be magical for girl's bay area high school & aau basketball growth & development if the cal's women's team competed for final four & ncca championships, that would grow the game to a wider mainstream news level particularly with the majority of the bears roster from the east bay

i regret not following women's basketball while at cal, hopefully the next generation of grads won't make that mistake

there is no better value in bay area sports than girl's high school & women's college basketball
Shocky1
[video=youtube;gunuRcWWlRM][/video]

mentors#
Shocky1
http://www.calbears.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4839698

sabrina, don't forget to pack your arctic circle parka & favorite thermal socks this week
CalFanatic
Shocky1;842621612 said:

http://www.calbears.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4839698

sabrina, don't forget to pack your arctic circle parka & favorite thermal socks this week

I want Sabrina to come to Cal. There is greater opportunity to succeed academically and making it to a FF with all of the talent at Cal. With that said, I LOVE Oregon! Granted, I am a bigger Corvallis fan, but both universities have a lot to offer in terms of student life, athletics, a free degree. Shocky- your posts continue to be cringeworthy. I often think you are a troll.

If Sabrina wants to come to Cal, great. I find it hard to imagine someone turning down a Cal degree and a a run at multiple FF's. However, if Sabrina chooses to go either Oregon school, she will have a great student-athlete experience and have the opportunity to hone her skills under very good coaches in Graves and Rueck.
Shocky1
you make a lot of great points, cal fanatic

sabrina can go to cal, compete for several potential final fours & national championship in front of her family and starz/miramonte fans & earn a degree from the #1 ranked public university (#3 overall) which will best position her for future professional success including coaching (gottlieb got an ivy league degree)

or sabrina can go to an academically mediocre school like oregon (which is a semi professional professional athletic program run by criminals) or oregon state, freeze her azz off for 4 years in the northwest with not much to do in eugene or corvallis, and then have a semi worthless degree that open doors as the night shift supervisor at the 7/11 in walnut creek

yeah, she's got a big decision

CalFanatic
7-11? I must have lucked out with my friends. Pretty incredible that I have three friends who attended Oregon State and two from University of Oregon and we have NO 7-11 assistant managers. Three engineers, one working for a professional sports organization here in the Bay Area, and one who is a pharmacist. Last time I checked, all are doing pretty damn well. I will have to give them all a ring and see when they are switching professions.
Shocky1
calfanatic, unfortunately the starting salary statistics don't support your unreliable personal anecdotes

sabrina, according to this salary survey, it kinda looks like oregon grads make less money than geds working as the night shift supervisor at the 7/11 in walnut creek

don't be a dumb azz#

just do it#

jaymel911
Honest question. Do you think Shocky actually hurts the recruiting process? I mean, if Ionescu actually gets on this board and reads this stuff i can't imagine it coming across as good for Cal.
Shocky1
jaymel911;842621685 said:

Honest question. Do you think Shocky actually hurts the recruiting process? I mean, if Ionescu actually gets on this board and reads this stuff i can't imagine it coming across as good for Cal.

after 50 years of primarily mediocre basketball other than the jason kidd era, the men's basketball team signed the greatest infusion of talent including ivan rabb & jaylen brown in the history of cal basketball as part of cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)

cal's monster class#
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?62260-cal-s-monster-class/page604
CalFanatic
jaymel911;842621685 said:

I one hundred percent think so. He/She is embarrassing. I hope she isn't reading this. She is well aware of the advantages of Cal- no need for a troll to continuously badger other phenomenal opportunities.
CalFanatic
If I didn't know any better I would think Shocky is a former Oregon grad, posting all of this to look like a psychopath, to tun off future recruits.
Shocky1
CalFanatic;842621712 said:

If I didn't know any better I would think Shocky is a former Oregon grad, posting all of this to look like a psychopath, to tun off future recruits.

your closed mind & fear of personal free speech & expression along with an apparent lack of a sense of humor suggests that you are a graduate of an academically mediocre school that did not encourage you to become mentally limitless

and that's ok, we're not here to judge
Shocky1
CalFanatic;842621711 said:

I one hundred percent think so. He/She is embarrassing. I hope she isn't reading this. She is well aware of the advantages of Cal- no need for a troll to continuously badger other phenomenal opportunities.

agreed that an oregon degree offers "phenomenal opportunities" including free premium coffee at work

CalFanatic
As the quote goes- There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.

As I counted the hundreds of thousands of dollars in early stage equity cashed out after the Fintech company I helped grow IPO'd, I can't ever remembering thinking "Damn, what a bummer I didn't follow my parents by going to Cal". Neither did the Western Michigan, Cal Poly, Long Beach State, or Chico State graduates on my team. However, we did drink some great free coffee throughout the years.

The elitist attitude you are spouting on this board is very off-putting. I'll leave the thread and let you get back to posting. Wouldn't want a mediocre peasant like myself interrupting your rants.
wvitbear
I think one of the Peter Principles is "Never argue with a crazy person , cause people won't know which one of you is crazy."

Shocky, forget that Sabrina might go to Oregon. what you are saying to her is your brother is going to end up at a 7-11. Great job of winning friends.
Shocky1
wvitbear;842621754 said:

I think one of the Peter Principles is "Never argue with a crazy person , cause people won't know which one of you is crazy."

Shocky, forget that Sabrina might go to Oregon. what you are saying to her is your brother is going to end up at a 7-11. Great job of winning friends.

wvit, that makes sense, i'll stop with the 7/11 fotos for now

please keep in mind that sabrina also got an older bro who graduated from st marys (a very strong school) that is now leveraging that educational ambition into professional opportunities...rumor is that both he & moms are big supporters of cal
Vineyardview
Shocky1;842621837 said:

wvit, that makes sense, i'll stop with the 7/11 fotos for now

please keep in mind that sabrina also got an older bro who graduated from st marys (a very strong school) that is now leveraging that educational ambition into professional opportunities...rumor is that both he & moms are big supporters of cal

Maybe St Mary's can offer him a Walk-on spot and everyone can get a great education support everyone?
petalumabear
Great post CalFanatic. Of course, that goes against the meme that the "Great Man" is pimping to those he believes he can influence.. Letting a high school athlete make a decision for themselves is not a part of his belief system. I hope she's a Bear in the end, but not because of some agenda. But because she feels it's best for her. If she's a Duck or a Beaver, she'll have made the correct decision for her which is all we can hope.
petalumabear
Great post wivit. I've tried reasoning with him but not had any luck whatsoever. There's no making sense of nonsense..
Go Bears- the reasonable one's that is...
Shocky1
petaluma bear, let's be real here, your son (who is admirably also a bears fan) went to oregon & you don't like my continued documentation of the oregon basketball program's cutting corners & unethical behavior including enabling rapists by criminal dana altman

there is nothing "reasonable" about that & no i won't be quiet about that
Shocky1

what you need to know about dana altman: during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

dana altman is an enabler of sexual predators that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

who else has altman recruited to eugene?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during high in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0 & also left school for florida due to his involvement with gang activity
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from long beach poly was academically ineligible out of high school

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa in high school & suspended for fighting in high school was ineligible to enroll at oregon

*ray kosongo was denied admission by the university's special admission board which was created by concerned faculty re: altman's disinterest in recruiting high character student athletes

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed with a court restraining order does not allow him to set foot on the university of oregon campus

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene police department for shoplifting at market across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th of last season...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both were "internally disciplined" (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

*jordan bell cited for harassing an oregon parking officer attempting to place a ticket on his car...altman suspended bell for 1 game, a home game vs pac 12 cellar opponent washington state

*dana altman has been named in the lawsuit against the university of oregon filed by the female student victim of the brutal player sexual assault for his role in allegedly lying to authorities that he did not know that brandon austin was dismissed by providence for raping a female student

*when mike montgomery had his cancer scare dana altman & his henchman tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears basketball program using this medical situation as a reason not to attend cal

make no mistake about, altman & stubblefield are pieces of worthless ****, they are morally bankrupt

this is oregon basketball#
bobbk
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?62260-cal-s-monster-class&p=842621548&viewfull=1#post842621548

Interesting posts Shocky
Shocky1
bobbk, let's be real here, you're a stanford fan whose sole interest in the ionescu recruitment is the potential permanent shift of power in the pac 12 from stanford to cal

did you actually get accepted & graduate from stanford?
petalumabear
If you are going to "be real" you are going to acknowledge that I've told you I could care less about Altman. What I find particularly disingenuous is EXACTLY what other posters (including CalFanatic and wivit) have pointed out. That you are spreading bs about other schools and students with respect to their post-college lives. And you know it's true because I could pull conversations between us off of PM. Grow the **** up.

While I'm at it, I should point out that Dominic Artis - who Cal was the other finalist along with the Ducks- has been thrown under the bus for his transgressions (not arguing the facts) as an Oregon hoops athlete by our "hero" who's narcissism apparently knows no bounds. You see, if you were to review his Ode to Self (aka Monster Thread on the men's hoops board) you'd find plenty of posts exporting Artis to come to Cal (along with many other players offered by Cal) who chose to go elsewhere. Conveniently, they suddenly don't care about academics (I.e. Dumbazzes) or when they screw up like Artis they are suddenly criminals (CONVENIENTLY ignoring that they were highly recruited by Cal). I love Cal, I hate our being used by Shocky to demean and attempt to humiliate students - whether athletes or not - to supposedly "help" Cal recruiting. I wish that Grey would shut this **** down.
CalFanatic
petalumabear;842621918 said:

If you are going to "be real" you are going to acknowledge that I've told you I could care less about Altman. What I find particularly disingenuous is EXACTLY what other posters (including CalFanatic and wivit) have pointed out. That you are spreading bs about other schools and students with respect to their post-college lives. And you know it's true because I could pull conversations between us off of PM. Grow the **** up.
You actually responded to this crazy? I left the PM's untouched. Don't waste your time, PB!
Shocky1
dominic artis was never in trouble while at salesian high school, he became a rapist in the lawless culture of the oregon basketball program...the multiple rapes by the 3 oregon players took place the night the ducks upset the arizona wildcats in the pacific northwest, there were no laws that night in eugene

pb, i'd encourage you to expend your energy working in concert with the growing number of oregon faculty & grads that are disenchanted with the oregon basketball program and its impact upon the school's academic reputation & not misdirecting your venom on those reporting the irrefutable facts re: the characters within the program
Shocky1
coach martin passed on dominic artis as a transfer jc student after he left eugene with a court order that he can't set foot on campus in the future with the comment essentially stating that he has to go home and look his wife & daughter in the face at the end of the day

the bears could've used artis as a pg particularly next season but the cal basketball staff & athletic department has ethical standards

dana altman, with the full support of the oregon athletic department, recruited brandon austin as a transfer from providence even though he had been involved in a sexual assault on a female student at providence...then austin raped another student at oregon, that's 100% on altman

the oregon basketball program is all about winning at all costs and the decline in the attendance numbers for the men's team despite winning basketball games suggests that hard working families in the eugene/portland area are not willing to spend their income supporting the ducks basketball program
Shocky1
jaymel911;842602267 said:

I am sure LG is not selling Ionescue on being part of a two pg platoon system! I get the fascination with it from the Cal side, it works well but I am certain OSU is offering to hand her the keys to the lead guard role from day one. That was the only point I was making.

When I joined and where my degree is from does not have anything to with valid recruiting points.

jaymel, despite the 95% acceptance rate at oregon state, you should not be embarazzed to admit you went to school there, ok?

when 6'6" superstar ruth humbln along with the team's other seniors jamie weisner, deven hunter, samantha siegner & jevonta hill leave corvallis after this season, it's hard to imagine osu winning half of their games next season, you should enjoy the ride this year

i enjoy your posts on the nor cal rivals board in support of oregon state, nothing wrong with that

be proud of being a beaver

petalumabear
Well your reading comprehension is crap because I'm reporting about your bs. Don't try to tell me where to put my energy. You just focus on yourself. Oh, wait.
GOCAL73
petalumabear;842621875 said:

Great post CalFanatic. Of course, that goes against the meme that the "Great Man" is pimping to those he believes he can influence.. Letting a high school athlete make a decision for themselves is not a part of his belief system. I hope she's a Bear in the end, but not because of some agenda. But because she feels it's best for her. If she's a Duck or a Beaver, she'll have made the correct decision for her which is all we can hope.

Hate to burst your bubble but no highly recruited athlete makes a decision for themselves. There are tons of influence from both wanted and unwanted sources. Parents, coaches, social media, classmates, the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. Then there are the recruiters, whose job it is to influence Sabrina into committing to their school. They get paid to do that and their livelihood depends on winning as many recruiting battles as possible. They have agendas and the resources to sell them. Then there are the shoe companies and AAU alliances. Shocky's sales pitch pales in comparison and most likely does little to influence Sabrina one way or the other, if she knows about it at all. My point is with or without Shocky's two-cents, Sabrina is not your average high school senior talking over her college choices with her parents and making an independent choice, free of outside influence. Stating otherwise, or trying to to get us to believe that what Shocky is doing somehow compromises Sabrina's decision making really weakens your anti-Shocky argument.
Shocky1
sabrina ionescu clawed her way for 18 points as the miramonte matadors (7-0) defanged the west linn lions 80-38 in the cold azz northwest

petalumabear
GOCAL73;842622018 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but no highly recruited athlete makes a decision for themselves. There are tons of influence from both wanted and unwanted sources. Parents, coaches, social media, classmates, the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. Then there are the recruiters, whose job it is to influence Sabrina into committing to their school. They get paid to do that and their livelihood depends on winning as many recruiting battles as possible. They have agendas and the resources to sell them. Then there are the shoe companies and AAU alliances. Shocky's sales pitch pales in comparison and most likely does little to influence Sabrina one way or the other, if she knows about it at all. My point is with or without Shocky's two-cents, Sabrina is not your average high school senior talking over her college choices with her parents and making an independent choice, free of outside influence. Stating otherwise, or trying to to get us to believe that what Shocky is doing somehow compromises Sabrina's decision making really weakens your anti-Shocky argument.

Please show me Captain Zero, where I say she makes the decision by herself in a bubble? If you have this strong a desire to be Shicky's Little Helper, you go for it. In the meantime, he'll continue to act like an @ss and make Cal alums look petty and short.
Shocky1
petaluma, you got a lot of unresolved angst, i think starting a yoga practice would be a step in the right direction or something

namastae#
Shocky1
all american lit it up for 41 points as the usa today #12 ranked miramonte matadors remain perfect on the season after taking down south medford 75-64

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.