sabrina ionescu

149,397 Views | 549 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
It wasn't nearly that close. It was 76-54 Miramonte. Sabrina had 32 tonight in their 83-60 win over La Salle: http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/8542787984002961310/la-salle-hangs-tough-for-a-half-against-nationally-ranked-miramonte-but-visitors-pull-away-for-83-60-win-nike-interstate-shootout/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
85 Fly
Did you catch this part of the article..."Oregon State head coach Scott Rueck and Oregon head coach Kelly Graves watched..." Hope Cal was in the house too.
wvitbear
Cal was there.
Vineyardview
Noted that the article emphasizes the big difference in 1st half versus 2nd half scoring for Sabrina. Does this board have any 1st person witnesses to the game that can explain the reason for the difference in her scoring output?

It seems particularly interesting as the game was tight in the 1st half while she poured in 20+ points and then in the 2nd when the Mats were dominating & expanding their lead Sabrina was scoring less frequently.
MoragaBear
Staff
They often sit her later in the game when it's clear they're going to win. Her first half points have been a lot higher most games because of it.
OBear073akaSMFan
wvitbear;842623970 said:

Cal was there.

Miramonte's final game is scheduled for 8pm and South Salem with Evina Westbrook was upset in last night game will play in the consolation game at 6:30pm. If any of Cal's coaches are missing tonight, my guess they might be still up North. BTW, great post. I really like this team because feel they are more team oriented and most times play under control.
GOCAL73
petalumabear;842622177 said:

Please show me Captain Zero, where I say she makes the decision by herself in a bubble? If you have this strong a desire to be Shicky's Little Helper, you go for it. In the meantime, he'll continue to act like an @ss and make Cal alums look petty and short.

Well there is this, "Letting a high school athlete make a decision for themselves is not a part of his belief system." Therefore, as the Anti-Shocky it stands to reason that you advocate high school students should make their own decisions about where they will attend college. My point is that high school students do not make their college decision free of influences or in a bubble. Why should Sabrina be any different? Shocky has simply decided to try to influence her to attend Cal. Whether Sabrina listens to Shocky or not is her choice. Why should you or anyone else dictate to Shocky or Sabrina? This is BI, not North Korea. Good thing too! Because if you can't handle your Shocky, you are free to ignore him here in the good ol' BI/USA.

As for my desire to assist Shocky as "Shicky's Little Helper", I did not know such a position even existed. I don't even know who Shicky is. Do you have an irrational hate for Shicky, too? And what is your deal about Shocky making Cal alums look petty and short? Petty, maybe. But, short? Is being short of stature a negative thing with you? I know this is a basketball site, and there are lots of tall people in basketball, but no need to pick on short people. Are there no short people in Petaluma? You know, AT is pretty short. Do you hate her too?

Finally, I have to thank you for being so kind as to refer to me as Captain Zero. He sounds pretty bad@ss being a superhero and all. Thank you for that!
http://www.vintagelibrary.com/pulpfiction/magazines/Captain-Zero.php
Vineyardview
Were all the Cal coaches in attendance at Sabrina's game?
MoragaBear
Staff
Miramonte took the final 64-53 over Oregon City tonight: http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/6542792983980961207/no-2-oregon-city-shows-fight-but-falls-to-miramonte-64-53-in-interstate-shootout-final-recap/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sabrina had 30 points in the win.

Shocky1
Shocky1;842620856 said:

sabrina, your leading the mats to the nike interstate shootout december 26-30th in lake owesgo will be a terrific opportunity for you to experience 1st hand oregon winter weather

please travel safely, vehicles sliding off the roads into harm is a real concern this time of year

yeah, it's gonna be highs in the low 40s & lows in the high 20s

sabrina, congrats on leading the mats (10-0) on the road & scoring 103 points

plus you got to experience 1st hand pacific northwest weather in the wintertime, it's gonna be a high of 39 and a low of 29 today in lake oswego

yeah, oregon weather isn't cali sweater weather

concordtom
Shocky1;842622125 said:

sabrina ionescu clawed her way for 18 points as the miramonte matadors (7-0) defanged the west linn lions 80-38 in the cold azz northwest

She's giving the BEAR claw symbol. It's gonna be Cal Bears all the way, baby!
concordtom

petalumabear
GOCAL73;842624176 said:

Well there is this, "Letting a high school athlete make a decision for themselves is not a part of his belief system." Therefore, as the Anti-Shocky it stands to reason that you advocate high school students should make their own decisions about where they will attend college. My point is that high school students do not make their college decision free of influences or in a bubble. Why should Sabrina be any different? Shocky has simply decided to try to influence her to attend Cal. Whether Sabrina listens to Shocky or not is her choice. Why should you or anyone else dictate to Shocky or Sabrina? This is BI, not North Korea. Good thing too! Because if you can't handle your Shocky, you are free to ignore him here in the good ol' BI/USA.

As for my desire to assist Shocky as "Shicky's Little Helper", I did not know such a position even existed. I don't even know who Shicky is. Do you have an irrational hate for Shicky, too? And what is your deal about Shocky making Cal alums look petty and short? Petty, maybe. But, short? Is being short of stature a negative thing with you? I know this is a basketball site, and there are lots of tall people in basketball, but no need to pick on short people. Are there no short people in Petaluma? You know, AT is pretty short. Do you hate her too?

Finally, I have to thank you for being so kind as to refer to me as Captain Zero. He sounds pretty bad@ss being a superhero and all. Thank you for that!
http://www.vintagelibrary.com/pulpfiction/magazines/Captain-Zero.php

Look... you can stay out of my way and I'll leave you alone. My beef isn't with you and nothing you try to tell me is going to change my feelings. So please kindly move along.
Shocky1

all american sabrina ionescu scored 39 points with 10 steals, 8 assists & 7 rebounds at the marionette matadors (11-0) beat acalanes (10-3) 89-54 in orinda

bay area legend#
MoragaBear
Staff
Marionette Matadors? It was 89-34 rather than 54.
Shocky1
MoragaBear;842628610 said:

yeah, there has been some recent renaming of communities in the east bay, toraga bear
concordtom
MoragaBear;842628610 said:

lol, you are indeed the better journalist! :p

GO MATS!!
Shocky1
[video=youtube;L_zBP7FhkFc][/video]
Shocky1
in a classy move by coach kelly sopak, sabrina didn't play until the 2nd half as the nationally ranked miramonte matadors (13-0) quarantined the alhambra bulldogs 80-17 (not a typo)
ClayK
Alhambra is struggling this year but Las Lomas is even worse ... keeping the score down in that one will be a struggle, as Miramonte's bottom five would win by 50.
Shocky1
ClayK;842632446 said:

Alhambra is struggling this year but Las Lomas is even worse ... keeping the score down in that one will be a struggle, as Miramonte's bottom five would win by 50.

clay, what are typical roster numbers on bay area prep high school teams?

how many of the miramonte players also play together in summertime aau ball?
CalFanatic
Man, does anyone remember the amazing Alhambra teams of the early 2000's? It was a bummer they always ran into Sacred Hearth Cathedral in the finals or state playoffs. Those Alhambra teams played tough. Jenni Jones (USF), Jessica Jones (I believe Sonoma State), Katelyn Ciampi (Sac State).... enjoyed watching them play in a stacked DFAL
wvitbear
Shocky, you cash go to Maxprep and look up the orators of each team. Hell, you can look up every team in america.
ClayK
Roster numbers vary wildly, depending on a lot of circumstances, but generally the larger schools have at least 10 and sometimes more than 12. But realistically, only eight play -- and in postseason, a lot of times it's seven. (Thus the old coaching line about picking your team: Take the eight best players and then the four nicest kids.) Another high school factor is illness: At any point in the season, at least one player is sick and often two or three, which means you need more players just to practice. And of course, there's no male practice squad, which also changes the dynamic.

And I do remember those Alhambra teams -- very strong and coached by Mike Aboussee. They gave us a battle at Acalanes ...
Shocky1
all american sabrina ionescu scored 26 points with a lethal 10-11 free throws along with 8 boards, 8 steals & 3 assists as head coach kelly sopak's nationally ranked miramonte matadors (15-0) defeated defending california state open champions mater dei 65-47 at the mlk classic in stockton

Shocky1
congrats to sabrina on being selected to play in the mcdonalds all american game

yeah, ionescu is real excited to finally meet ronald...too bad he's fallen on hard times lately after graduating from an academically mediocre school, hamburger university

85 Fly
USA Today Article

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/gatorade-national-poy-watch-miramonte-sabrina-ionescu-girls-basketball
concordtom
Well, I've come back to the women's page to see if Sabrina has tipped her hat in any direction.
See you all next week...
ClayK
Rumor mill update: The chances of Sabrina coming to Cal are dwindling to near zero. One of the big selling points was "We're winning and you can push us over the top."

That line isn't working quite as well right now -- especially since Oregon has a better record.

On the other hand, Eddie may not wind up at Oregon after all -- but of course he's not going to Cal either.
calvarado
ClayK;842649995 said:

Rumor mill update: The chances of Sabrina coming to Cal are dwindling to near zero. One of the big selling points was "We're winning and you can push us over the top."

That line isn't working quite as well right now -- especially since Oregon has a better record.

On the other hand, Eddie may not wind up at Oregon after all -- but of course he's not going to Cal either.[/QUOTE

She will end up at Cal. We need her bad. Oregon Already has a top pg and a solid guard. She knows that Cal has more potential. At the end, Cal is a much better school. Cal will play their last card soon. She knows that she is needed at Cal the most, we have been saving her spot since 2012. She is ours. Now, does she wants to go to Oregon, yes. However, Cal is a better choice for her. I want to work and live in Spain. Will I ? no. Needs and wants.
GOLDEN
calvarado;842650033 said:

ClayK;842649995 said:

On the other hand, Eddie may not wind up at Oregon after all -- but of course he's not going to Cal either.[/QUOTE

She will end up at Cal. We need her bad. Oregon Already has a top pg and a solid guard. She knows that Cal has more potential. At the end, Cal is a much better school. Cal will play their last card soon. She knows that she is needed at Cal the most, we have been saving her spot since 2012. She is ours. Now, does she wants to go to Oregon, yes. However, Cal is a better choice for her. I want to work and live in Spain. Will I ? no. Needs and wants.

Dude, don't scare me but you post like Trump talks, LOLOLO! All in fun .)
bayareafan99
I hope you have some inside information. Looking at her twitter account would lead anyone to agree with ClayK.
Vineyardview
The mystery, the intrigue, the unknown is enough to drive this Cal fan toward liquid stimulants. What are the suppositions that are driving Cal's revitalized position in Sabrina's recruitment?

Is it now realistic to believe Sabrina will decide that her best opportunities are at the University of California n Berkeley,
blungld
Despite our record, all the pieces are here and she WOULD push us over the top. Just as Rabb and Brown made the men's team an instant Sweet Sixteen threat because the pieces were there too. If she signs, we are conference contenders and top 25 immediately. This is isn't a rebuilding job--but she can be a part of a huge turnaround and home town hero.
GOLDEN
Looking at her twitter account would lead anyone to agree with ClayK.

Especially when she re-tweeted it on her own account a couple of days after when she certainly did not have to at all. That is concerning.

So she was up in Portland but skip over Oregon State which is also interesting . I am worried the recent drama issues made her feel uneasy but who knows at this point.

No sense in hand wringing since it is a ways out to April. I don't see anything as 100% definite.

BTW, Eddie upped his game big time this season ten fold.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.