sabrina ionescu

149,402 Views | 549 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon has a great recruiting class of 2016 but the only reason that they are winning is their senior post, Jillian Alleyne! Cal has everyone back. GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
GOLDEN
Schroeder71;842650216 said:

Oregon has a great recruiting class of 2016 but the only reason that they are winning is their senior post, Jillian Alleyne! Cal has everyone back. GO BEARS!

Which stares the crap out of me that one player does all of that. If one player is responsible for all of their competiveness especially in the second half of the conference what will happen if they happen to get two players that can play Pac-12 basketball and so on. For them to do it with one PAc-12 player is impressive by any means. Can't wait to see them play down here. Stop Alleyne and we win easily.
kat0189
GOLDEN;842651463 said:

Which stares the crap out of me that one player does all of that. If one player is responsible for all of their competiveness especially in the second half of the conference what will happen if they happen to get two players that can play Pac-12 basketball and so on. For them to do it with one PAc-12 player is impressive by any means. Can't wait to see them play down here. Stop Alleyne and we win easily.

Well, Oregon beat UW with Alleyne on the bench for most of the game (fouled out after logging just 18 mins 9 pts 7 rbs). And the game was @ Seattle. And the score was 75-63.
jaymel911
Returning everyone from a 3-13 pac 12 league team does not sound to appealing to me! Appealing would be if three or four players were graduating. Losing is a disease and if nothing changes how can you expect the result to be any different next year?
blungld
jaymel911;842651669 said:

Returning everyone from a 3-13 pac 12 league team does not sound to appealing to me! Appealing would be if three or four players were graduating. Losing is a disease and if nothing changes how can you expect the result to be any different next year?

Because you've got freshman of the year, highly rated players who are young, and a roster that includes 3 likely all conference players in years to come.
Schroeder71
The rest of the team (besides Anigwe) has problems shooting the basketball. I don't know how that they can make all-conference w/ that deficiency...Also, the team is really weak defensively and cannot stop their man from scoring. GG has the ability to steal the ball but cannot even finish the layup at the other end. This is a flawed team that desperately needs shooters like Sabrina Ionescu.
stu
Schroeder71;842652065 said:

The rest of the team (besides Anigwe) has problems shooting the basketball.

We have 3 other regulars shooting pretty well: Nina at .475, Mo at .453, and Kayla at .449. On threes we have Kayla at .434, Courtney at .356, and Asha at .348. On free throws we have only Asha at .769. So I think we need to work on layups, work on free throws, and work on recognizing shots we can make.
blungld
Schroeder71;842652065 said:

The rest of the team (besides Anigwe) has problems shooting the basketball. I don't know how that they can make all-conference w/ that deficiency...Also, the team is really weak defensively and cannot stop their man from scoring. GG has the ability to steal the ball but cannot even finish the layup at the other end. This is a flawed team that desperately needs shooters like Sabrina Ionescu.

Before they graduate, I think Anigwe, Cowling, and Range will each receive All Conference honors (Anigwe as POY)...Davidson, Green, and Thomas as honorable mentions. I could be wrong, but, if not, that's a pretty good roster of talent. Add Sabrina and we approach the talent level of the men's team right now.
Islander670
calvarado;842650033 said:

ClayK;842649995 said:

Rumor mill update: The chances of Sabrina coming to Cal are dwindling to near zero. One of the big selling points was "We're winning and you can push us over the top."

That line isn't working quite as well right now -- especially since Oregon has a better record.

On the other hand, Eddie may not wind up at Oregon after all -- but of course he's not going to Cal either.[/QUOTE

She will end up at Cal. We need her bad. Oregon Already has a top pg and a solid guard. She knows that Cal has more potential. At the end, Cal is a much better school. Cal will play their last card soon. She knows that she is needed at Cal the most, we have been saving her spot since 2012. She is ours. Now, does she wants to go to Oregon, yes. However, Cal is a better choice for her. I want to work and live in Spain. Will I ? no. Needs and wants.

First things first, people need to stop believing that what they think makes a school great isn't automatically what others look for in a school.
"Cal is a much better school." What if there's a kid that is intimidated by the academic rigors at the country's top public school. Being the best school for academic excellence can be a massive pro but also an interesting con for various people.
"She is needed at Cal and we have been saving her spot." Ok, it's nice to know you need me but what about what I want as a person. I'm sure plenty of schools need her.
"Cal is the better choice for her." You know what she's looking for socially, financially, academically and athletically in a college?

If people all wanted or needed the exact same things in college, there would be no need for recruiting. We would just let the best colleges pick first, then the second best and so on. Call it the High School Draft and you go where your best option is, no questions asked.
MoragaBear
Staff
Going to school at Miramonte, I can tell you she won't be intimidated by Cal's academics. It's harder to get good grades there than it is at a lot of colleges.
orindabear74
MoragaBear;842653109 said:

Going to school at Miramonte, I can tell you she won't be intimidated by Cal's academics. It's harder to get good grades there than it is at a lot of colleges.

Both of my sons felt that there was more competition at Miramonte than at UC Davis.
GOLDEN
Islander670;842653076 said:

calvarado;842650033 said:

First things first, people need to stop believing that what they think makes a school great isn't automatically what others look for in a school.
"Cal is a much better school." What if there's a kid that is intimidated by the academic rigors at the country's top public school. Being the best school for academic excellence can be a massive pro but also an interesting con for various people.
"She is needed at Cal and we have been saving her spot." Ok, it's nice to know you need me but what about what I want as a person. I'm sure plenty of schools need her.
"Cal is the better choice for her." You know what she's looking for socially, financially, academically and athletically in a college?

If people all wanted or needed the exact same things in college, there would be no need for recruiting. We would just let the best colleges pick first, then the second best and so on. Call it the High School Draft and you go where your best option is, no questions asked.

Could be as simple as internal strife and head games within a program. Hopefully that gets put on the table after this season to clear the air. Not all types of personalities want to deal with drama issues, including some fans.
3Cats4CAL
I just don't see SI coming to Cal. She looks like a typical Oregon WBB player-even her HS colors are green. Her HS coach is male and favors Oregon.I personally think CAL is a better school (back in 1970's growing up in Oakland when contemplating/applying for college- as a academic student -not a athletic student- since Stanford was out of my league-and wanting to stay local- CAL was always the #1 option-never gave Oregon a thought. (Only a few classmates chose Oregon) But you never know what someone else prefers for whatever reason. SI would obviously be a star at CAL alongside Anigwe- both would/will be drafted high in the WNBA regardless how well we do in Final Fours etc. So would just knowing you'll be going to the WNBA be enough even if you might not be on the #1 Pac12 team?
annarborbear
I was lucky that my parents pretty much insisted that I go to Cal, since they understood it was a 50-year decision. At that early age, I was more interested in going to a good party school and in blowing my summer job tuition money on a hot motorcycle.
concordtom
Her twitter feed shows a video of her on the Oregon bench hugging each of the players after a game in Eugene.
Geez, that's some incriminating evidence.
So sorry, Sabrina.
What could have been.

But, if Clay says Eddie is not going to Oregon anymore..... now I am confused.
Islander670
MoragaBear;842653109 said:

I wasn't speaking about SI, I was speaking about the poster saying Cal is the obvious pick for a recruit due to it being a better school. My three arguments were about recruiting in general. Not everyone is enticed by a rigorous curriculum.
GOLDEN
concordtom;842653458 said:

But, if Clay says Eddie is not going to Oregon anymore..... now I am confused.

Looking for Eddie info and found this. So you may be right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5520[/ATTACH]

So if he is not going there then why does he have a tweet pinned saying he is? No one would keep a tweet pinned if that was the case. I am confused too did something happen this week?

Clay, could you expand on what you just found out?
ClayK
I don't know anything for sure ... he could wind up at Oregon. I just heard it might not happen ...
orindabear74
ClayK;842653982 said:

I don't know anything for sure ... he could wind up at Oregon. I just heard it might not happen ...

Since Eddie really upped his game this year, maybe he's walking on at Cal?
blungld
Great game by Bears against Ducks!
MoragaBear
Staff
Sabrina's playing right now so she didn't get to see it.

She has 18 points and probably 6 or 7 rebounds and assists at the half. Several great no-look passes for buckets and steals, too. They're leading Encinal 59-22 in the NCS quarters.
bayareafan99
Given the circumstances of this win, I don't think this changes SI's assessment of the teams much.
stu
bayareafan99;842654338 said:

Given the circumstances of this win, I don't think this changes SI's assessment of the teams much.

I feel for Alleyne. I hate to see anyone injured and I'm hoping she recovers quickly and completely.

What changed is we all got to see Oregon without Alleyne, and it wasn't pretty. Next year they'll also be without 5 other seniors, including 3 who started tonight. I think even with Sabrina Oregon is unlikely to be good next year and possibly won't be that good the year after.
bayareafan99
If you think recruits take 3 years to develop, I agree with you. But, Kristine and Courtney haven't required that time. Oregon has a pretty good recruiting class coming in. And SI would make it exceptional. I'm not dismissing them for next year just because Alleyne is moving on.
GOLDEN
bayareafan99;842654355 said:

If you think recruits take 3 years to develop, I agree with you. But, Kristine and Courtney haven't required that time. Oregon has a pretty good recruiting class coming in. And SI would make it exceptional. I'm not dismissing them for next year just because Alleyne is moving on.

What makes you think they have a good recruiting class. Based on what and who ? They could only recruit one good player in Alleyne at Oregon. Why would it be any different?
stu
Last season UCLA had a great recruiting class but a not-so-great season. I don't think it takes 3 years for most recruits to develop, but only a few excel as freshies.
bayareafan99
Well. Espn ranks it best in the Pac 12. Two state players of the year as juniors, and one underclass all state in California and a couple other top 100 caliber players. And that doesn't include SI??? And if you look at any of the online feeds of their recruits (Sierra Campisano, Ruthy Hebard, Morgan Yeager, Mallory Mcgwire, etc.) you might not dismiss that ranking. Yes, many high school recruits don't live up to their rankings. But they have 7 new players coming in and if 3 of them live up to their rankings they'll be pretty good.
Shocky1
bayareafan99;842654338 said:

disagree, as you know from a 1st hand perspective, oregon is an academically mediocre school with a 95%+ acceptance rate in a the freezing azz northwest far away from most of her family & friends

and the oregon's basketball program's future without alleyne is questionable, there is no proven real talent in eugene

50 year decision#
GOLDEN
Shocky1;842654384 said:

disagree, as you know from a 1st hand perspective, oregon is an academically mediocre school with a 95%+ acceptance rate in a the freezing azz northwest far away from most of her family & friends

and the oregon's basketball program's future without alleyne is questionable, there is no proven real talent in eugene

50 year decision#

I agree on there is no real talent in Eugene besides one player this year yet some here seem to think they have some sort of talent coming in next year. What has this in coming talent done at their respective schools this year? Don't even know who they are, where they come from or really care. They probably would not be good enough to get playing any playing time at CAL.

On the McDonalds all Americans list none to Oregon.
Shocky1
GOLDEN;842654427 said:

I agree on there is no real talent in Eugene besides one player this year yet some here seem to think they have some sort of talent coming in next year. What has this in coming talent done at their respective schools this year? Don't even know who they are, where they come from or really care. They probably would not be good enough to get playing any playing time at CAL.

bayarefan99 is a duck

sabrina has been repeatedly told lies re: the men scholly situation in eugene & potential "career" opportunities in portland by a corrupt semi professional business enterprise that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre fronting school

breaking bad#
GOLDEN
Shocky1;842654384 said:

50 year decision#

Don't even know who they are, where they come from or really care. They probably would not be good enough to get playing any playing time at CAL because of the high flop potential.

Graves is really going after real raw talent like this one hoping one or two actually pan out. Funny thing though is that Huskies are butt hurt on their boards she is from Seattle.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/west-seattle-highs-lydia-giomi-stands-6-7-and-towers-with-intensity-leadership/

Vineyardview
Wondering whether there would be a video posted of all the Cal players streaming across the Haas floor to greet and salute Sabrina after the Cal victory yesterday?

Alas we will never know how Cal planned to acknowledge their undying affection for Sabrina. Miramonte business prevented Sabrina from attending and witnessing Cal shoot down the Ducks.
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842654446 said:

Wondering whether there would be a video posted of all the Cal players streaming across the Haas floor to greet and salute Sabrina after the Cal victory yesterday?

Alas we will never know how Cal planned to acknowledge their undying affection for Sabrina. Miramonte business prevented Sabrina from attending and witnessing Cal shoot down the Ducks.

sabrina is not gonna make her college decision based on whether or not a basketball team as instructed by their coaches & athletic department administration walks across the floor to hug her as directed

don't be a dumb azz#
ccajon
GOLDEN;842654429 said:

Don't even know who they are, where they come from or really care. They probably would not be good enough to get playing any playing time at CAL because of the high flop potential.

Graves is really going after real raw talent like this one hoping one or two actually pan out. Funny thing though is that Huskies are butt hurt on their boards she is from Seattle.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/west-seattle-highs-lydia-giomi-stands-6-7-and-towers-with-intensity-leadership/

What I see when I looked up Oregons 2016 recruiting class is a large one of some very suspect talent: Sierra Campisino a 6-3 F from
Torrey Pines CA. ESPN deigned to give her a #98 rating. Surprising since Coach G. didn't seem to recruit her but so what. Next up is
Ruthie Heberd, a 6-4 F from of all places Alaska! How she got a #97 ESPN rating is anybodys guess. Again not pursued by CAL so who
knows what her talent level is. Who even knew they play hoops in Alaska? Mallory Mcquire is a 6-4 P (4 stars) from Reno NV whom I think would
have made a good fit at Cal, but wasn't on LG's radar? This class also has 3 more 3 *** to fill it out. Whoever said additional bodies wouldn't
help? I don't know why fellow Cyberbears would denigrate such a fine recruiting class (2 five stars and one 4 star) by one of our opponents. Dare I say Cal Women't hoops
is being out-recruited by of all things, an Oregon school?!?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.