The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,823 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Traitors to the United States of America are obvious. They continue to defend Trump at all costs.

They dont care about how fragile democracy is.
They only care about a narcissistic White Nationalist grifter that felt that his VP deserved to be harmed.

Just think about that last part for a moment. HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF HIS OWN VICE PRESIDENT. HIS RUNNING MATE!

The Trump apologists are too ignorant to understand that the Jan. 6th Conmittee Hearing is not a trial. Think Grand Jury proceeding.

I swear.

Given some of the brain-dead comments in this forum, my degree from Cal is worthless. I wouldnt trust some of these people to mow my lawn.

BearGoggles
Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

So here's the latest example of the partisan game being played.

Cipollone agrees to a deposition/interview. The dems know in advance he will not corroborate Hutchinson's statements - so they don't ask him about those statements.

For some reason, they are just totally uncurious as to what was actually said. So much for a search for the truth.

Then the Jan 6 members start leaking that "Cipollone didn't contradict other witnesses." Because they didn't ask.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/politics/cipollone-hutchinson-testimony-january-6/index.html

I hope the committee releases the full Cipollone video - let's hear it all. But no doubt they will just selectively edit and the seals on the left will applaud.
You are right, this partisan defense of Trump's insurrection is appalling. I welcome your retort that I'm the real problem while you continue to take every opportunity to defend the GOP's role in the violent attack to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

Rather than be forced to rely on these anonymous sources (which you only accept when they defend the GOP insurrection), I hope that the DOJ goes after all of this misconduct and televises the trial so we can all see for ourselves what people say under oath.
Criticizing the committee is not defending anything to do with the violent attack and no where have I ever done that - I've criticized it repeatedly. You know that - and the fact that you take this tact shows that you can't answer the actual question because in your heart, you know the 1/6 committee is a partisan joke. You can't acknowledge that because your too are a partisan whose only objective is political gains.

When you defend roe vs wade and criticize the SC's recent decision, I don't respond that you're defending killing babies after viability (which is the dem position in many places). I don't do that because I don't act in bad faith like you do. I address actual arguments which are more nuanced and, in many respects, based on competing philosophies about the proper role of government (i.e., process, separation of powers, constitutional laws).

So back to the actual question I raised and you refused to address. Why did the "fact finding" committee not ask Cipollone about Hutchinson's the hearsay testimony? If they were interested in finding the facts, they would do that. If you were interested in learning what happened, you would want them to ask that question. Speaks volumes.
Big C
BearGoggles said:

Cipollone agrees to a deposition/interview. The dems know in advance he will not corroborate Hutchinson's statements - so they don't ask him about those statements.

For some reason, they are just totally uncurious as to what was actually said. So much for a search for the truth.

Then the Jan 6 members start leaking that "Cipollone didn't contradict other witnesses." Because they didn't ask.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/politics/cipollone-hutchinson-testimony-january-6/index.html

I hope the committee releases the full Cipollone video - let's hear it all. But no doubt they will just selectively edit and the seals on the left will applaud.

Are you implying that these politicians are playing politics with this? That's a hell of an accusation to make!
BearGoggles
Big C said:

BearGoggles said:

Are you implying that these politicians are playing politics with this? That's a hell of an accusation to make!
LOLs. Seemingly too much for some people on here to consider or acknowledge.
Unit2Sucks
BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

You are right, this partisan defense of Trump's insurrection is appalling. I welcome your retort that I'm the real problem while you continue to take every opportunity to defend the GOP's role in the violent attack to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

Rather than be forced to rely on these anonymous sources (which you only accept when they defend the GOP insurrection), I hope that the DOJ goes after all of this misconduct and televises the trial so we can all see for ourselves what people say under oath.
Criticizing the committee is not defending anything to do with the violent attack and no where have I ever done that - I've criticized it repeatedly. You know that - and the fact that you take this tact shows that you can't answer the actual question because in your heart, you know the 1/6 committee is a partisan joke. You can't acknowledge that because your too are a partisan whose only objective is political gains.

When you defend roe vs wade and criticize the SC's recent decision, I don't respond that you're defending killing babies after viability (which is the dem position in many places). I don't do that because I don't act in bad faith like you do. I address actual arguments which are more nuanced and, in many respects, based on competing philosophies about the proper role of government (i.e., process, separation of powers, constitutional laws).

So back to the actual question I raised and you refused to address. Why did the "fact finding" committee not ask Cipollone about Hutchinson's the hearsay testimony? If they were interested in finding the facts, they would do that. If you were interested in learning what happened, you would want them to ask that question. Speaks volumes.

Just to be clear, I do support the rights of women to terminate pregnancies post viability, if they and their doctors think it's a good idea. I don't agree with you referring to fetuses as babies, but I understand you have your views. I recognize that a lot of democrats also believe that women can't be trusted to make these decisions without government interference but I take no offense if someone argues that I believe what I profess to believe. I don't shy away from my positions.

Unlike you, I don't hide from my views. You've spent far more time attacking the Jan 6 committee process than you have the reprehensible insurrection which the GOP supporter and approved of. You will continue to do so. Strangely enough, you never criticize GOP led investigations yet you pretend to be shocked and dismayed at partisan politics.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The Jan 6 committee has to be partisan because the GOP supported and caused the insurrection. You are defending tbr GOP and pretending to have some nonpartisan view on things but you are fooling no one.

I look forward to your next gutless attack on the committee and your continued acceptance of the GOP insurrection.
dajo9
The Jan6 Committee is partisan. Almost every witness saying damning about Team Trump has been from Trump supporting Republicans.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

The Jan6 Committee is partisan. Almost every witness saying damning about Team Trump has been from Trump supporting Republicans.

This is the point that Trumpanzees clearly dont have an answer for.
The witnesses testifying with damning testimony about the Trump Cabal are all REPUBLICANS.

Let me say that one more time for the people sitting way in the back....

THE WITNESSES HAVE BEEN REPUBLICANS!

BILL BARR

BILL STEPIEN

RUSTY BOWERS

BRAD RAFFENSPERGER

JEFFREY ROSEN

RICHARD DONOGHUE

STEVE ENGEL

GREG JACOB

J MICHAEL LUTTIG

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON

PAT CIPOLLONE

Who are the witnesses testifying at the Jan. 6 hearings? | PBS NewsHour

bearister
All those people have always been Deep State moles.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
bearister said:

All those people have always been Deep State moles.

RINOS
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks
Of course it's partisan. The GOP still approves of the insurrection and doesn't want to investigate. Conservatives calling for bipartisanship really are just saying they shouldn't investigate.
DiabloWags
John Eastman and Jenna Ellis have been subpoenaed to testify by a grand jury in Fulton County, Georgia in connection with its investigation into whether Trump and his cronies engaged in "criminal disruptions" of the state's 2020 Election.

I wonder if someone like Bear Goggles would have a problem with Eastman and Ellis spreading false claims of widespread election fraud during a December 2020 special hearing in front of the Georgia state senate, not too mention urging GOP legislators to appoint an alternate slate of electors to the Electoral College.

If you're not familiar with Jenna Ellis, she went 0 for 62 trying to prove election fraud in federal court.
The same woman that called Simone Biles and Megan Rapinoe "losers".

Last time I checked, Biles had 19 World Championship Gold Medals and 4 Olympic Golds.
Rapinoe is a 3-time Olympian with a Gold and Bronze, and has won the FIFA World Cup twice.

Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

John Eastman and Jenna Ellis have been subpoenaed to testify by a grand jury in Fulton County, Georgia in connection with its investigation into whether Trump and his cronies engaged in "criminal disruptions" of the state's 2020 Election.

I wonder if someone like Bear Goggles would have a problem with Eastman and Ellis spreading false claims of widespread election fraud during a December 2020 special hearing in front of the Georgia state senate, not too mention urging GOP legislators to appoint an alternate slate of electors to the Electoral College.

If you're not familiar with Jenna Ellis, she went 0 for 62 trying to prove election fraud in federal court.
The same woman that called Simone Biles and Megan Rapinoe "losers".

Last time I checked, Biles had 19 World Championship Gold Medals and 4 Olympic Golds.
Rapinoe is a 3-time Olympian with a Gold and Bronze, and has won the FIFA World Cup twice.
Is that the same Ellis who is a nasty woman who said all of the negative things below about conservatives favorite president Donald Trump and then supported his authoritarian presidency and attempt to subvert our election? Are you saying it's possible to see Trump for who he is and still support what he's trying to do because the GOP circles its wagons? That Ellis?

Quote:

Ellis, an attorney and former law professor from Colorado, repeatedly slammed then-candidate Trump as an "idiot," who was "boorish and arrogant," and a "bully" whose words could not be trusted as factually accurate. She called comments he made about women "disgusting," and suggested he was not a "real Christian."

In one March 2016 Facebook post, Ellis said Trump's values were "not American," linking to a post that called Trump an "American fascist." She praised Mitt Romney for speaking out against Trump, referring to him as "Drumpf," -- a nickname coined by comedian John Oliver after a biographer revealed Trump's ancestor changed the family's surname from Drumpf to Trump.

"Why should we rest our highest office in America, on a man who fundamentally goes back and forth and really cannot be trusted to be consistent or accurate in anything," Ellis said in one April 2016 radio appearance.

In March 2016, Ellis attacked Trump supporters in a Facebook post for not caring that the Republican candidate was "unethical, corrupt, lying, criminal, dirtbag."

In another post, she said his supporters didn't care about the truth.

"I could spend a full-time job just responding to the ridiculously illogical, inconsistent, and blatantly stupid arguments supporting Trump," she wrote in March 2016. "But here's the thing: his supporters DON'T CARE about facts or logic. They aren't seeking truth. Trump probably could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and not lose support. And this is the cumulative reason why this nation is in such terrible shape: We don't have truth seekers; we have narcissists."

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Jenna Ellis

In another post, she said his supporters didn't care about the truth.

"I could spend a full-time job just responding to the ridiculously illogical, inconsistent, and blatantly stupid arguments supporting Trump," she wrote in March 2016. "But here's the thing: his supporters DON'T CARE about facts or logic. They aren't seeking truth. Trump probably could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and not lose support. And this is the cumulative reason why this nation is in such terrible shape: We don't have truth seekers; we have narcissists."

That's probably the only thing that she has been right about.
His supporters dont care about facts or logic.
We see that every day on social media.
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

Looks like Bannon will testify. He's requesting to do so publicly but the committee may not go along with that. Apparently he's claiming that now that Trump has "waived" a privilege that never existed, Bannon can finally go on the record.

Anyone want to place bets on how many times he invokes the 5th and/or perjures himself? Should be great TV if they eventually do a public hearing with him. I think having him lie on national TV would be great for America, provided that we can prove that he's doing so.

Quote:

Bannon's team provided Trump's new letter to the January 6 committee overnight, along with a letter from Bannon lawyer Bob Costello.

"While Mr. Bannon has been steadfast in his convictions, circumstances have now changed," Costello wrote. "Mr. Bannon is willing to, and indeed prefers, to testify at your public hearing."

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat who sits on the January 6 panel, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" on Sunday that the committee hasn't yet had a chance to discuss Bannon's letter, but that "I expect that we will be hearing from him and there are many questions that we have for him."
Lofgren, however, said that public testimony from Bannon was unlikely, noting that the committee typically does depositions. "This goes on for hour after hour after hour. We want to get all our questions answered, and you can't do that in a live format," she said.

The January 6 committee was interested in speaking to Bannon about his communications with Trump in December 2020, when Bannon reportedly urged him to focus on the January 6 certification of the presidential election results. Committee members were also interested in Bannon's comments in the run-up to the Capitol insurrection, including a podcast on January 5, in which he predicted, "All hell is going to break loose tomorrow."

In a filing last night, DOJ claimed Bannon's lawyer lied. Quelle surprise.

bearister

*Watch for Bannon to rapidly to look more and more like he never touches alcohol. Yeah, right, that's the ticket.
dajo9
These 6 Billionaires Are Helping Bankroll Herschel Walker's Run For The Senate

You think Hershcel Walker understands the issues?
You think Herschel Walker knows who is buttering his bread?
You think the oligarchy knows how to get what they want from government?

Which side are you on?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kylemullins/2022/07/07/these-6-billionaires-are-helping-bankroll-herschel-walkers-run-for-the-senate/?sh=3804e24e5851
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
What info was Ronny Jackson, disgraced former white house pill popping, car crashing, woman harassing doctor protecting exactly? Maybe it has to do with the series of mini-strokes that Trump allegedly had. Perhaps we'll find out soon.

bearister
Would it be poetic justice if Covid did tRump in? With all that whale blubber on him, it has to be hard for him to draw a solid breath on the best of days.

He politicized masks and social distancing and he mingles with similar thinking and careless Deplorables so….I think it is within the realm of possibility that the taint does the ole boy in.
DiabloWags
bearister said:

Would it be poetic justice if Covid did tRump in? With all that whale blubber on him, it has to be hard for him to draw a solid breath on the best of days.

He politicized masks and social distancing and he mingles with similar thinking and careless Deplorables so….I think it is within the realm of possibility that the taint does the ole boy in.

I'm not the slightest bit religious.

But I pray EVERY DAY that the Orange Buffoon succumbs to Covid on a ventilator with no one around him.
Poetic justice indeed.

Unit2Sucks
More information BI conservatives will have to ignore. Maybe Biden will sneeze so they can beg for the 25th amendment to be invoked.

Unit2Sucks
LOL Cipollone thinks Pence deserves the highest civil award in our country for choosing not to break the law. That's how low the standards for GOP conduct have become. Sounds like a participation trophy for reading aloud.

Quote:

Former Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone praised former Vice President Mike Pence for his actions on Jan. 6, 2021, and for resisting the pressure campaign by Trump allies seeking to enlist him in their effort to overturn the election results.

In one video clip shown by the committee, Cipollone said, "I think the vice president did the right thing. I think he did the courageous thing. I have a great deal of respect for Vice President Pence."

In a separate video clip, Cipollone said that, in his view, Pence "didn't have the legal authority to do anything except what he did," during the joint session of Congress convened to count and confirm the electoral votes.

Cipollone even went so far as to say that he believed the vice president deserved the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

"I think he did a great service to this country. And I think I suggested to somebody that he should be given the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his actions," Cipollone told the committee.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest honor a civilian can receive, for special contributions to the culture or security of the United States or world peace.

Unit2Sucks
Oh look, more potential witness tampering by Trump. Cue BG to complain about hearsay or some other distraction or to claim we don't yet know why Trump called the witness. Maybe he just wanted to talk about injecting bleach or what he named his favorite sharpie. Not because BG likes Trump, he totally doesn't, but it's vital that we ignore all of Trump's wrongdoing because some process iniquity is really what we should be talking about.

Quote:

Rep. Liz Cheney, vice chair of the Jan. 6 committee, said former President Donald Trump attempted to contact a witness who has not yet been publicly identified.

"After our last hearing, President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation, a witness you have not yet seen in these hearings," Cheney saidat the end of the House select committee hearing on Tuesday. "That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump's call, and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us. And this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice."

BearForce2

What happened to the steering wheel thing? Did people buy it?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL Cipollone thinks Pence deserves the highest civil award in our country for choosing not to break the law. That's how low the standards for GOP conduct have become. Sounds like a participation trophy for reading aloud.

The Medal of Freedom Award

From a toxic bigot like Rush Limbaugh to a guy like Mike Pence who cant be alone in a room with a woman without his wife being present.

What will the GOP come up with next?

lol

bearister
Mother can't let Mike Pence be in a room alone with another woman because she knows that he is very international. He has Russian hands and Roman fingers…..and when he won't return her phone calls Himalayan.

Big C
bearister said:

Mother can't let Mike Pence be in a room alone because she knows that he is very international. He has Russian hands and Roman fingers…..and when he won't return her phone calls Himalayan.

And Mother says he Finnish very quickly.
Unit2Sucks
This is too funny. Miller talks up how tough he was in defending Trump and begs for the Jan 6 comm to play any of his tape, which they proceed to do and it's ... not like he said it was.

bearister
tRump is desperate when he feels he has to resort to witness tampering. If he is that agitated, I give even odds that the ole boy has a squeezer or tosses a clot the size of an apple fritter.
DiabloWags
bearister said:

tRump is desperate when he feels he has to resort to witness tampering. If he is that agitated, I give even odds that the ole boy has a squeezer or tosses a clot the size of an apple fritter.

Which makes me really wonder who he felt so rattled about .... to make such an attempt.

You dont do that with just anyone.

bearister
Too bad the witness didn't play along with it and tape the call. I don't believe they ever spoke…which means they got bupkis on tRump for tampering.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Hey now, we can't presume witness tampering. BG would remind us that there are plenty of other reasons Trump could be calling on people, and that's even assuming the call ever happened.

Even if he was witness tampering, there are plenty of reasons an innocent person would do that said Republicans when Trump was impeached for his "perfect" call. Or was that Mueller? So hard to keep all of Trump's criminality straight.

While I'm here, may as well mention this ridiculous claim by Bolton that somehow Trump isn't reflective of a problem in the GOP. You don't just get to ignore the leader of the party who 99% of Republican politicians are terrified to disagree with. Bolton is an outlier, not the center of the party.

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Hey now, we can't presume witness tampering. BG would remind us that there are plenty of other reasons Trump could be calling on people, and that's even assuming the call ever happened.

The Orange Crap Stain had so many beautiful phone calls that it's hard to keep track of all of them.

DiabloWags
bearister said:

Too bad the witness didn't play along with it and tape the call. I don't believe they ever spoke…which means they got bupkis on tRump for tampering.
I thought the same.
But it could have been the beginning of a beautiful texting session.
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

I thought the same.
But it could have been the beginning of a beautiful texting session.

Unless someone taught Trump how to text with a sharpie, that's unlikely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.