The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,830 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm watching the hearings. It was such a missed opportunity for the nation that The Deplorables were not successful hanging Mike Pence. It would have fast tracked the prosecution of tRump and the rest of his associates and the hillbilly rabble.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I wonder if BG is still supremely confident that Hutchinson's testimony was "debunked (or at least questioned)" given the credibility hit the secret service has taken the last few weeks. I suppose we won't hear from him again until there is a toehold for him to ignore all GOP misconduct while noting strenously that there is a chance that some of the testimony or reporting on that misconduct might not be admissible under the federal rules of evidence. Oh and tha he totally doesn't approve of Trump.

I'm in favor of see the best evidence and all of the evidence. If the secret service texts were deleted intentionally, that should be criminally investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fullest extent.

I said the same thing about Hillary's emails (which were deleted intentionally after congressional subpoena), the Strzok/Page emails/texts, the Muller investigation phones which were wiped, and the IRS records/drives. I have been (and will be) 100% consistent on this issue. You, on the other hand, are a complete hypocrite when it comes to the prosecution of dems who destroy evidence.

In terms of Hutchinson, why is it the Cipollone was not asked by the J6 committee to corroborate or confirm? Because they knew he wouldn't. Why weren't we given access to all of Hutchinson's testimony, including her man prior inconsistent statements? Much of her testimony remains uncorroborated and in some cases, directly contradicted on the record by percipient witnesses.

Bottom line - the J6 hearing remains a show trial. Important facts cannot be found AND VERIFIED in a partisan setting where only one side is allowed to present SOME but not all of the evidence.
Where have I ever said democrats who destroy evidence shouldn't be prosecuted?

Also, what prior inconsistent statements are you referring to by Hutchinson? To cb93's comment above, the point of these congressional hearings is fact-finding. Unlike with the eleventeen fake Benghazi hearings which uncovered no wrongdoing, the J6 has uncovered quite a bit. While you were defending the GOP's honor by pretending that Hutchinson's testimony was debunked (or at least questioned), it turns out that her testimony uncovered that the secret service may have destroyed evidence and violated record retention laws. Of course, the fact that your president Trump hired a secret service officer to be a political advisor and then said officer returned to the secret service should have been a tell that corruption was afoot.

But please continue to talk about democrat hypocrisy. That's the real issue here.
dajo9
bearister said:

I'm watching the hearings. It was such a missed opportunity for the nation that The Deplorables were not successful hanging Mike Pence. It would have fast tracked the prosecution of tRump and the rest of his associates and the hillbilly rabble.

I'm no fan of Mike Pence and I'm not about to congratulate him for saying no to a coup. However, he had a chance to flee to safety and he turned that down because he knew that would prevent the Electoral College vote from happening. That showed courage on behalf of the American people. For that, I applaud him.
American Vermin
dajo9
The Jan 6 Committee room laughing at Josh Hawley fist pumping the mob then running from them.
American Vermin
going4roses
They have no shame
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
sycasey
calbear93 said:

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I wonder if BG is still supremely confident that Hutchinson's testimony was "debunked (or at least questioned)" given the credibility hit the secret service has taken the last few weeks. I suppose we won't hear from him again until there is a toehold for him to ignore all GOP misconduct while noting strenously that there is a chance that some of the testimony or reporting on that misconduct might not be admissible under the federal rules of evidence. Oh and tha he totally doesn't approve of Trump.

I'm in favor of see the best evidence and all of the evidence. If the secret service texts were deleted intentionally, that should be criminally investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fullest extent.

I said the same thing about Hillary's emails (which were deleted intentionally after congressional subpoena), the Strzok/Pages emails/texts, the Muller investigation phones which were wiped, and the IRS records/drives. I have been (and will be) 100% consistent on this issue. You, on the other hand, are a complete hypocrite when it comes to the prosecution of dems who destroy evidence.

In terms of Hutchinson, why is it the Cipollone was not asked by the J6 committee to corroborate or confirm? Because they knew he wouldn't. Why weren't we given access to all of Hutchinson's testimony, including her man prior inconsistent statements?

Bottom line - the J6 hearing remains a show trial. Important facts cannot be found AND VERIFIED in a partisan setting where only one side is allowed to present SOME but not all of the evidence.
BG, you and I almost always agree, but I disagree with you on this one.

Congressional investigations are not a trial. At best, they are a fact finding session. But any proceedings, and in fact even an impeach trial, by Congress is de facto political. It is not a trial, and there is no means of appeal or judicial review even for an impeachment conviction by the Senate.

The far right chose not to participate. They threw a hissy fit that those who enabled what was being investigated could not be part of the fact finding committee. It was not that controversial that those who are implicated should not deliberate but should abstain.
Exactly this. Congressional hearings are not trials. Saying that a Congressional event is a political action is not any kind of revelation. Of course it is.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

I'm no fan of Mike Pence and I'm not about to congratulate him for saying no to a coup. However, he had a chance to flee to safety and he turned that down because he knew that would prevent the Electoral College vote from happening. That showed courage on behalf of the American people. For that, I applaud him.

He did one great thing.
Everything else about him sucks, however!!

He contributed to even being in that situation because he was a puss for 4 years!

I applaud him, too.
But he needs to go away forever!!
dajo9
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

He did one great thing.
Everything else about him sucks, however!!

He contributed to even being in that situation because he was a puss for 4 years!

I applaud him, too.
But he needs to go away forever!!

Agreed
American Vermin
bearister
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

I think he may have worried where the Secret Service, that he correctly did not trust, was going to "deliver" him.

As an Evangelical, one can only assume that Pence deeply respects the tradition of Christian martyrdom. Had tRump's rabble succeeded in hanging him, he literally would have died for America's sins. He would have been acceptable collateral damage in the battle to purge America of its seditionist element. I'm not sure how Mother would have felt about it, especially since there were single females in the mob.
BearForce2

What a colossal waste of time no one cares about! This is what the Democrats will say when the Republicans lead a real bipartisan investigation after the midterms.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
bearister said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

I think he may have worried where the Secret Service, that he correctly did not trust, was going to "deliver" him.

I didn't think it possible that the Secret Service drivers could be in on it with/for Trump, but Pence knew.

And now I know that the Secret Service texts WERE wiped out on purpose.

Very scary situation.
concordtom
So, tell me again who the idiots here were who claimed it was Antifa??
concordtom
Oh yeah.
It was you.
okaydo
okaydo
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I said the same thing about Hillary's emails (which were deleted intentionally after congressional subpoena), the Strzok/Pages emails/texts, the Muller investigation phones which were wiped, and the IRS records/drives. I have been (and will be) 100% consistent on this issue. You, on the other hand, are a complete hypocrite when it comes to the prosecution of dems who destroy evidence.

In terms of Hutchinson, why is it the Cipollone was not asked by the J6 committee to corroborate or confirm? Because they knew he wouldn't. Why weren't we given access to all of Hutchinson's testimony, including her man prior inconsistent statements?

Congressional investigations are not a trial. At best, they are a fact finding session. But any proceedings, and in fact even an impeach trial, by Congress is de facto political. It is not a trial, and there is no means of appeal or judicial review even for an impeachment conviction by the Senate.

The far right chose not to participate. They threw a hissy fit that those who enabled what was being investigated could not be part of the fact finding committee. It was not that controversial that those who are implicated should not deliberate but should abstain.
Exactly this. Congressional hearings are not trials. Saying that a Congressional event is a political action is not any kind of revelation. Of course it is.
I would add that of course I think it's perfectly reasonable to question whether congressional hearings are in bad faith or good faith. We've seen a number of bad faith hearings led by both parties. Benghazi's first hearing may have been in good faith, but by the 7th or 10th, it was pretty obviously not driven by anything other than disingenuous bad faith. Similarly, the GOP has said that if they win back the house they intend to launch a number of different hearings, many of which are in bad faith - for example, the release of strategic oil reserves (explained well here for anyone conservative who wants to pretend that the outrage is legitimate). I would expect there to be dozens of Hunter Biden bad faith hearings. The GOP house voting 55 times to repeal Obamacare and pretending for 10+ years that they had a great replacement for healthcare in our country is both disingenuous and in bad faith.

All of this is a prelude to note that of course the Jan 6 committee isn't in bad faith. BG may disagree but that is on him. Our country needs to know what happened on Jan 6 and who was responsible. That's a perfectly valid use of a congressional investigation and public hearings. The criminal justice probe into the actions, if warranted, should of course be based on legal standards and would be subject to criminal procedures. It's very easy to distinguish that process from the one congress is undertaking.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

January 6, 2021, three Antifa domestic terrorists were stopped by police and lied about having a gun in their vehicle These three Antifa terrorists who drove to Washington DC on January 6th to cause chaos and violence were released and allowed to drive back home to Michigan that day despite lying to police about a firearm in their vehicle.

Antifa member Leslie Grimes was released despite lying to officers about the gun in her vehicle.

FBI Chief Chris Wray lied to the US Senate and claimed there was no evidence Antifa members played a role during the January 6th US Capitol protests.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stun-guns-stinger-whips-crossbow-what-police-found-capitol-protesters-n1254127
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
The seizing of the limo steering wheel story has been downgraded to a "heated discussion.".

Quote:

Hutchinson's claimed were immediately disputed by the Secret Service agents she named, Tony Ornato and Bobby Engel. Rep. Elaine Luria (D-VA) cited Ornato claiming in an earlier interview that Trump had been "irate." She did not mention Hutchinson's claims.

Rep. Luria then cited another witness, retired D.C. Metro Police Sergeant Mark Robinson, who was not in the vehicle with Trump but was in the motorcade. Sgt. Robinson who could only offer hearsay evidence said on video that he heard that the president was "upset" and that there had been a "heated argument or discussion about going to the Capitol."
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I would add that of course I think it's perfectly reasonable to question whether congressional hearings are in bad faith or good faith. We've seen a number of bad faith hearings led by both parties. Benghazi's first hearing may have been in good faith, but by the 7th or 10th, it was pretty obviously not driven by anything other than disingenuous bad faith. Similarly, the GOP has said that if they win back the house they intend to launch a number of different hearings, many of which are in bad faith - for example, the release of strategic oil reserves (explained well here for anyone conservative who wants to pretend that the outrage is legitimate). I would expect there to be dozens of Hunter Biden bad faith hearings. The GOP house voting 55 times to repeal Obamacare and pretending for 10+ years that they had a great replacement for healthcare in our country is both disingenuous and in bad faith.

All of this is a prelude to note that of course the Jan 6 committee isn't in bad faith. BG may disagree but that is on him. Our country needs to know what happened on Jan 6 and who was responsible. That's a perfectly valid use of a congressional investigation and public hearings. The criminal justice probe into the actions, if warranted, should of course be based on legal standards and would be subject to criminal procedures. It's very easy to distinguish that process from the one congress is undertaking.

Indeed. Judge the evidence and testimony on the merits as best you can. Don't dismiss it JUST because it's political.
BearForce2
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

Antifa leader John Earl Sullivan who was filmed inside the Capitol, broke a window, and organized an Antifa rally near the Capitol that day only spent one night in jail and was then released.

Meanwhile, Trump supporters who STOOD OUTSIDE the US Capitol and committed no violence on January 6th still languish in prison for over a year.
bearister
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

What a colossal waste of time no one cares about! This is what the Democrats will say when the Republicans lead a real bipartisan investigation after the midterms.

If it's a waste of your time to be rectified, then just shut up and go away. What are you even doing here?
BearForce2
concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

If it's a waste of your time to be rectified, then just shut up and go away. What are you even doing here?

Because there are people still in prison that shouldn't be there.

Mississippi Man and J-6 Political Prisoner Faces MORE THAN 20 YEARS IN PRISON After Conviction of Made-Up Felony Charge of "Obstruction of Official Proceeding" and Four MISDEMEANORS!

Matthew Bledsoe spent 22 minutes inside the US capitol "parading" and "remaining in restricted grounds."

https://www.localmemphis.com/article/news/crime/mid-south-man-faces-more-than-20-years-prison-convicted-jan-6-capitol-breach/522-9a19a424-1870-48a6-af6d-4b4952038501
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

Too funny!

Only ONE SIDE IS ALLOWED TO TESTIFY?

Mark Meadows refused to testify.
Michael Flynn took the 5th.
Trump is MIA.

calbear93
BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

Mississippi Man and J-6 Political Prisoner Faces MORE THAN 20 YEARS IN PRISON After Conviction of Made-Up Felony Charge of "Obstruction of Official Proceeding" and Four MISDEMEANORS!

Matthew Bledsoe spent 22 minutes inside the US capitol "parading" and "remaining in restricted grounds."

https://www.localmemphis.com/article/news/crime/mid-south-man-faces-more-than-20-years-prison-convicted-jan-6-capitol-breach/522-9a19a424-1870-48a6-af6d-4b4952038501

You know what? If you are stupid enough to enter the building during a time when those around you are bear spraying the police and screaming death threats to the VP and the speaker of the house to overturn an election, it seems like you may be committing treason by stupidity. It's like someone joining a gang of terrorist hijacking a plane and saying you were just trying to get a joy ride. Not believable.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

He thinks he's moving the needle.
lol

BearForce2
calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

You know what? If you are stupid enough to enter the building during a time when those around you are bear spraying the police and screaming death threats to the VP and the speaker of the house to overturn an election, it seems like you may be committing treason by stupidity. It's like someone joining a gang of terrorist hijacking a plane and saying you were just trying to get a joy ride. Not believable.

Let the punishment fit the crime. Let's not compare this to a 9-11 hijacking moment.
bearister
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

lol

I think he just hopes to get a rise out of people.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

lol

There is no needle. Few are paying any attention to this.
calbear93
BearForce2 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

Let the punishment fit the crime.

I actually think he got off easy. Never was one who was soft on crime.
concordtom
bearister said:

Hahahaha!!!!!

And Calbear93 thought I was obsessed!
Whoever put this together, my goodness, great job!!
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Too funny!

Only ONE SIDE IS ALLOWED TO TESTIFY?

Mark Meadows refused to testify.
Michael Flynn took the 5th.
Trump is MIA.

All those on the Hill Trump (Republican congressmen and Senators) was conspiring with from the dining room have refused to testify. And:
Bannon
Giuliani
Sydney Powell
Foxnews people.
Team crazy.

The Hill people are in hiding. Speak about it not. Hope it washes over.
Jim Jordan
Ted Cruz
Where's the full list??
bearister
Rogan is right. tRump is a man baby on a snout full of Adderall.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Rogan is right. tRump is a man baby on a snout full of Adderall.
You are sexier when you agree with anti-vaxxers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.