The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,843 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rioter Doug Jensen GUILTY on ALL 7 CRIMINAL COUNTS!

Sentencing on 5 Felonies and 2 Misdemeanors is scheduled for Dec. 16th
Jury deliberation took about four hours.

Jan. 6 rioter Doug Jensen, among first to breach Capitol, guilty on seven criminal counts (yahoo.com)

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
The People are pitching a shutout against the Patriots in criminal prosecutions.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Oath Keeper charged in Jan. 6 attack texted with Andrew Giuliani about election

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/oath-keeper-charged-jan-6-attack-texted-andrew-giuliani-election-rcna49483

Andrew Giuliani is just as big a dipstick today as he was when Chris Farley depicted him as a little boy in this SNL skit:

bearister
The shutout continues. The Patriots just got no bats.

Trump fan who assaulted Officer Fanone on Jan. 6 sentenced to more than 7 years in prison

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-fan-assaulted-officer-fanone-jan-6-sentenced-7-years-prison-rcna49448
concordtom
I was really looking forward to the previously scheduled hearing resumption today.
Unfortunately, a hurricane took over the media coverage so they canceled it.
AND.... it had to fly right over my wife's cousin's home in Rotonda West. FLA.
Still waiting to hear how they come out of it.
concordtom
bearister said:

Trump fan who assaulted Officer Fanone on Jan. 6 sentenced to more than 7 years in prison

So, if they guys who went inside get 7 years, how many years is the mastermind worth?
Life in prison?
Worse?

Do it already!!!!
bearister
The mastermind has the reach to death threat the sh@it out of at least one witness if they ever proceed with a criminal trial against him. He has much more power than the Gottis. He will never spend a day in jail….but maybe several years in a skilled nursing facility.
concordtom
Well, I dunno about that, but if true I would love to get Trump on tape threatening violence against his enemies to cover for him.

Add that to everything else and he should have more than his pecker amputated.
bearister
144 prison sentences from Jan. 6 so far

An AP tracker shows these sentences so far in Jan. 6 prosecutions (most defendants received more than one type of punishment).

Restitution: 277
Probation/supervised release: 239
Imprisonment: 144
Community service: 141
Fine: 85
Home confinement: 78

-Axios
DiabloWags
A good read!

They Legitimized the Myth of a Stolen Election -- and Reaped the Rewards (yahoo.com)

House Republican Mike Johnson, Louisiana

concordtom
I don't think I want to read that and become enraged/depressed.

I'd rather just tune in to the Trump trials. I will feel much better imagining him frying in an electric chair, wasting away in a jail cell, and/or having every last cent from his bank accounts taken away and his name over every piece of property obliterated into a Russian landfill.

PS: and somewhere in the process, have his pecker amputated. I want his amputated pecker to hang from a post that travels around the nation as a warning to all his MAGA psychos.
going4roses
CT are you ok ? That's two posts about peckers being cut off lol
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
going4roses said:

CT are you ok ? That's two posts about peckers being cut off lol
just following bearister's lead, b/c it was funny.
going4roses
True true
concordtom
Unit2Sucks
It's a shame we don't have more Republicans on the committee for their pointless grandstanding. Why isn't anyone answering their disingenuous questions that they already know the answers to from their first hand knowledge?

bearister
The Republicans wouldn't recognize a "serious question" (or a "serious" anything for that matter) if it bit them on their gnat genitalia.
bearister
Jan. 6 committee eyes finish line sprint

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/13/jan-6-committee-eyes-finish-line-sprint
concordtom
bearister said:

Jan. 6 committee eyes finish line sprint

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/13/jan-6-committee-eyes-finish-line-sprint

Until he's in jail and his money confiscated, there is no Justice.
It's just forever going to be a black eye on USA.
concordtom
I didn't know so many J6 rioters came all the way from Tennessee!

concordtom
I just watched this news report about Trump fuming that his candidate picks failed, that the Big Lie was widely stunted, if not rebuked, and it made me think:

"So, the J6 Committee was successful in delivering Truth to America. Not 100%, but every bit of the battle matters."

It's much harder to imagine Trump actually succeeding today than it was 2 days ago, than it would have been had his candidates swept.

dajo9
Oath Keeper Stewart Rhodes convicted of sedition
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-29/oath-keeper-leader-rhodes-convicted-of-jan-6-sedition-charge?srnd=premium
American Vermin
bearister
https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/112309/replies/2102207
concordtom
Kevin McCarthy threatens, will investigate the investigators (aka his colleagues).

Kevin McCarthy will go down as the biggest pile of feces the office of Speaker has ever known. Though I imagine there have been many and I'm no historian on this subject.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccarthy-warns-jan-6-committee-130613160.html
going4roses
How do these people exist? Where did they come from? What mindset/ethos
concordtom
going4roses said:

How do these people exist? Where did they come from? What mindset/ethos

Study Shakespeare and classic Greek mythology. Power, greed, jealousy, insecurity.

Throw in some modern neuroscience about brain chemistry, the subconscious brain, and innate species survival techniques (us vs them mindsets).

Become a philosopher on the peculiar nature of mankind.

It hath always been thus.
going4roses
This is the way huh lol
bearister
"A Broward County man pleaded guilty Thursday to assaulting a police officer with a weapon during the Jan. 6 riots. Mason Joel Courson, 27, who lives in Tamarac, can face up to 20 years in federal prison at his March 31, 2023 sentencing."

Brossard man pleads guilty to role in Jan. 6 riots | Miami Herald

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article269494807.html
DiabloWags
bearister said:

"A Broward County man pleaded guilty Thursday to assaulting a police officer with a weapon during the Jan. 6 riots. Mason Joel Courson, 27, who lives in Tamarac, can face up to 20 years in federal prison at his March 31, 2023 sentencing."

IT IS GODS WILL.
concordtom
bearister said:

Brossard man pleads guilty to role in Jan. 6 riots | Miami Herald

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article269494807.html

"There were Fine People, on both sides."
dajo9
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
In light of the confirmatory texts above, BG's ridiculous defenses of Trump and attacks on Hutchinson now look even more desperate. He offered a bizarre conspiracy theory that Ornato and Engel had offered testimony that contradicted Hutchinson and that the committee had kept secret. He claimed that her testimony had been "debunked (or at least questioned)".

He pretended like Occam's Razor supported his argument when in fact Occam's Razor really just supported the committee having far more information than we shared and understanding that they needed to present a version of events that would hold up to scrutiny. At every step, BG criticized the committee's work and made unsupported speculative arguments that they were misleading the public by not adhering to the rules of a criminal trial (with conservatives like BG identifying with Trump as the accused) rather than all of congress which should have been invested in finding the truth and presenting it to the public.

The more that comes out, the more we find that the committee was thoughtful in how it chose to present things to the public and careful not to advance unsupportable views. Occam's Razor would make that obvious but BG is such a partisan defender of Trump that he was forced to construct quite risible alternative scenarios to challenge what at the time was regarded as compelling and credible testimony.

It started out pathetic but with time, BG's opinion has only looked worse. I doubt things will get better for his view. Occam's Razor indeed.

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BG - I know you totally don't like Trump, but can you tell us all why this witness tampering either probably (maybe) didn't happen or if it did it's no big deal or why democrats are even worse?

As I've already said, if this happened as described in the politico article, it represents the most serious possibility that someone is going to jail (as they should).

Let's see how this plays out - just yesterday I was being told by you and others that anonymous reports not given under oath are not worth much. I have no confidence that the committee is an honest broker of the evidence - they don't even pretend to be. Its a little like the parable about the boy who cried wolf (and Trump for that matter), they lie and mislead so often you have no idea when they might actually be telling the truth. To assume they are is foolhardy.

And that's the overriding problem. People like you will believe its true without question - because you want it to be. People who support Trump (not me), believe it to be false without question because they want it to be.

And personally, I want to see all the evidence because I know for a fact that what is being presented by the committee makes no pretense of being complete, fair, or honest. I reject this process as being partisan and incredibly damaging to the country. In terms of criminal charges, I'll be fine either way with the proviso that anyone shown to be witness tampering - after all the evidence is reviewed in an adversarial setting - should go to jail.

And until all the evidence is released (or at least the opposing evidence and argument), people are foolish to believe what they are being shoveled by the likes of Adam Schiff and Cheney, both of whom are proven prevaricators. If you think I'm overly skeptical - that's fine. I have no problem with that. I'll wear that quite proudly and suggest that we'd be better off if everyone demanded all evidence before making conclusions.

First - calling this process partisan is in itself extremely misleading. Pretending like bipartisanship was an option is frankly ridiculous. Your republican party, including every single person you vote for, rejected the very notion that there should be an investigation. So this select committee, with Cheney as vice-chair, was the most bipartisan option available.

Second - you continue to say that the committee "lie and mislead so often". Can you point us to some proof of their lies? Can you point me to evidence that supports your assertion without relying on unsourced speculation?

Third - the notion that they would have released all of their evidence publicly by this point is fanciful and you are smart enough to know that. I readily acknowledge they've taken lots of criticism (from the DOJ and others) for not sharing the information they've gathered with the DOJ and unless there is something I'm missing I will join that chorus if they don't eventually release everything to law enforcement, but it would be absolutely ludicrous for them to release thousands of hours of testimony right now.

As for your bizarre conspiracy that they've heard sworn testimony from Engel and Ornato that they believe is reliable and that contradicts what Hutchinson testified to this week is frankly bonkers. You really think they would do that? For something so inconsequential? It would be an epic blunder if they didn't have ultimate confidence that Hutchinson's statements were either corroborated by trustworthy third parties or some other evidence or that they can impeach the contrary testimony of Ornato/Engel. It's entirely possible, for example, that Ornato and Engel told the same story to more than just Hutchinson.

Ultimately, as is always the story with you, you try to take the high road by saying you don't support Trump, but you come back 10x as hard at anyone who says anything to point out his misconduct or the misconduct of Republicans in service of Trump. Everyone here sees you for who you are and you are fooling exactly no one.

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Right on cue, BG shows up, starts namecalling and defending Trump, but is totally not defending Trump.

I'm not going to speculate on exactly why the comm. chose to have Hutchinson publicly testify but I find your conspiracy theory quite improbable.
Occams razor. My "conspiracy theory" is wanting to see the evidence that the committee has but won't share. As you probably know, in a legal proceeding "If a party provided weaker evidence when it could have provided stronger evidence, you may distrust the weaker evidence." So my "conspiracy theory" is black letter law.

https://www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/200/203/

And why am I not shocked that you consider anyone who disagrees with you as defending trump. So lazy and silly .

Curiously, you've never responded to my overriding point. Do you think its good for the country for one political party to hold show trial hearings where the opposing party's chosen members are excluded and the rules are designed to prevent the opposing party from obtaining and presenting its own evidence? Will you be ok with that when the Republican's do it in January 2023?

LOL, you really think citing the evidence code is relevant to this proceeding? Give me a break.

As for your "overriding point" that has been addressed time and time again. The "opposing party" has no interest in a fair process. Just so we are all clear, the "opposing party" is your Republican Party and is 100% in allegiance to the guy you have said you oppose - Trump. Stop pretending like the GOP is some reasonable group who wants to have an open and honest discussion about what happened on Jan 6. We know you are disingenuous but no one believes that you are that naive.

I'll ask just to be sure: what do you think a reasonable bipartisan investigation would look like into Jan 6 and what evidence do you have that the GOP genuinely had an interest in engaging in such a process?
dajo9
American Vermin
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL, you really think citing the evidence code is relevant to this proceeding? Give me a break.

As for your "overriding point" that has been addressed time and time again. The "opposing party" has no interest in a fair process. Just so we are all clear, the "opposing party" is your Republican Party and is 100% in allegiance to the guy you have said you oppose - Trump. Stop pretending like the GOP is some reasonable group who wants to have an open and honest discussion about what happened on Jan 6. We know you are disingenuous but no one believes that you are that naive.

I'll ask just to be sure: what do you think a reasonable bipartisan investigation would look like into Jan 6 and what evidence do you have that the GOP genuinely had an interest in engaging in such a process?

BG is a funny guy!

He's as partisan as ever, but repeatedly claims to be objective.
His repeated "false-equivalency" claims are right out of grade school.
His name suits him. He cant take the "goggles" off if his life depended on it.

Unit2Sucks
This is from one of the leading voices claiming the election was stolen and whose influence derives entirely from the fact that she is married to a religious cleric who every GOPer in DC needs to stay on the good side of in order to ensure SCOTUS will continue to deliver anti-American pro-theocracy results.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.