The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,821 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

Your cousin is right! One thing to add to the list: the FBI and their informants were participants on J6.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/25/us/politics/capitol-riot-fbi-informant.html
Informants are usually fairly shady characters. It's far from the first time that informants were passing information to the authorities on the one hand and committing crimes on the other.

The FBI plotted to kidnap Gov. Whitmer months before J6 and the committee failed to explain FBI involvement on J6. It's the government that are the main shady characters we should be concerned with.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

Your cousin is right! One thing to add to the list: the FBI and their informants were participants on J6.

Informants are usually fairly shady characters. It's far from the first time that informants were passing information to the authorities on the one hand and committing crimes on the other.

The FBI plotted to kidnap Gov. Whitmer months before J6 and the committee failed to explain FBI involvement on J6. It's the government that are the main shady characters we should be concerned with.
You also believe thousands upon thousands of people conspired to commit voter fraud in the 2020 election, yet not a single one has ever had remorse and confessed. Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?
BearForce2

BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

You also believe thousands upon thousands of people conspired to commit voter fraud in the 2020 election, yet not a single one has ever had remorse and confessed. Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?
This is a deflection from your previous point. And don't pretend you're now interested in election integrity.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

This is a deflection from your previous point. And don't pretend you're now interested in election integrity.

Did you just use the word deflection? You ? Whew
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

I'm just pointing out your past delusions in relation to the delusions about the Gov. Whitmer attempted kidnapping and FBI involvement in 1/6 that you were posting here. Face it, you're delusional and never met a conspiracy theory you didn't embrace in a huge hug unless it was about Republican misdeeds.
BearForce2

BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

I'm just pointing out your past delusions in relation to the delusions about the Gov. Whitmer attempted kidnapping and FBI involvement in 1/6 that you were posting here. Face it, you're delusional and never met a conspiracy theory you didn't embrace in a huge hug unless it was about Republican misdeeds.
I'm just pointing out your past delusions in relation to the delusions about the Gov. Whitmer attempted kidnapping and FBI involvement in 1/6 that you were posting here. Face it, you're delusional and would never acknowledge the facts.
bearister
Once you decide you are going to be an insurrectionist, a seditionist and a traitor, it is good to know going in that having an IQ somewhere between a kumquat and a turnip will not be helpful to you.

Boebert RIPPED by GOP Rep. for tweeting locations on Jan 6: New audio

https://mol.im/a/10908771
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Dope!
concordtom
So, Monday morning hearing #2…

Delayed because a person who was to testify, Bill Stepien, is suddenly not going to appear "because his wife has gone into labor".

Really??? What timing!!

Stepien was Trump's campaign manager who told Trump he lost on election night.

Stepien is also leading the campaign to unseat Liz Cheney in Wyoming.

I wonder when the wife's actual due date is, and I want to see if she's admitted into a hospital, and what the actual status is. I want to see a baby born in the next week, else he's a liar and this eventual baby goes down in history as "used for fraud".
concordtom
From politico… Stepien in Wyoming:

By ALEX ISENSTADT
09/10/2021 04:30 AM EDT

Donald Trump's political advisers are piling onto Wyoming Republican Harriet Hageman's primary campaign against Rep. Liz Cheney, underscoring how the campaign has become the foremost political priority for the former president and his aides.

Hageman, a trial attorney who earned Trump's sought-after endorsement on Thursday, is getting support from a super PAC led by an array of Trump allies. Donald Trump Jr. is serving as honorary chair of the organization, called Wyoming Values PAC, and is expected to be heavily involved in its efforts, including potentially appearing in TV ads.

The outfit will be steered by former Trump White House official Andy Surabian and James Blair, a Republican strategist with close ties to the former president's orbit. Others involved include Trump pollster Tony Fabrizio and Jamestown Associates, a Republican consulting firm that produced the Trump campaign's TV ads.

Hageman's official campaign, meanwhile, is being led by National Public Affairs a political consulting firm run by former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien and two other senior officials on the 2020 campaign, Justin Clark and Nick Trainer. Line Drive Public Affairs, which is overseen by former Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh, is also working for Hageman.

Officials with National Public Affairs began meeting with Hageman around six months ago, well before she formally launched her campaign on Thursday, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

While Trump is working to defeat several of his outspoken GOP critics in Congress, he has placed particular emphasis on Cheney, who was one of 10 House Republicans to vote for his impeachment. Trump embarked on a monthslong deliberation process to decide which of Cheney's primary challengers to endorse. After interviewing several candidates at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club, he settled on Hageman, a former Republican National Committee member who has previously donated to Cheney's campaigns.

In a statement endorsing Hageman on Thursday, Trump derided Cheney as a "disloyal Republican." In response, Cheney took to Twitter to tell Trump to "Bring it."

Wyoming Values PAC has been in the works for weeks and has the blessing of Trump's inner circle, according to a person familiar with the discussions. The organization was prepared to support whichever candidate Trump decided to endorse. Surabian, a top adviser to Donald Trump Jr., previously oversaw a super PAC that engaged in the Georgia Senate runoffs.

By endorsing Hageman, Trump and his advisers are looking to winnow down the field of candidates and prevent a splintered field from dividing the vote and handing Cheney a plurality. Hours after Trump declared his support for Hageman, one of her primary opponents, attorney Darin Smith, announced he was withdrawing from the race.
concordtom
Lol

Liz Cheney says "an apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani" told Trump et al on election night to "just say you won!"

It was previously reported that he said that, but now he was drunkenly saying so.

This is rich!
concordtom
Zoe Lofgren:
Hundreds of millions raised by Trump campaign to lead the legal challenge of fraud.
There were no legal victories, and the money raised for that purpose wasn't used for it.

"The big lie was a big ripoff"
DiabloWags
MinotStateBeav said:

In more important news

You really need to do some homework and educate yourself on what the CPI reflects.

PS. The U.S. CPI basket includes a 33.3% weighting for shelter costs derived mostly from rents and owners' equivalent.

Consumer Price Index (CPI) Definition (investopedia.com)

Basket of Goods Definition (investopedia.com)

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

I enjoy that you don't specifically support Trump but just support all the apparatus that supports him and will be more than happy if the Republican party continues on its current path. I look forward to you continuing to quibble with any criticism of Trump to make sure that we all note your technical objections while keeping in mind that you don't actually support Trump. Meanwhile, you will continue to criticize and whatabout all non-conservatives.
He does the same thing when it comes to "defending" Teri McKeever.

He's repeatedly claimed that the reporting on this situation has been biased and sensationalized by reporter Scott Reid. He consistently "cherry-picks" bits and pieces of bark on a tree and completely misses the forest.

Never mind that to date, 35 current or former Cal swimmers and divers, 17 parents, a former member of the Golden Bear's men's swimming and diving squad, and four former Cal athletic department employees have told Scott Reid how McKeever:

"routinely bullied swimmers, often in deeply personal terms, or used embarrassing or traumatic experiences from their past against them, used racial epithets, body-shamed and pressured athletes to compete or train while injured or dealing with chronic illnesses or eating disorders, even accusing some women of lying about their conditions despite being provided medical records by them."

DiabloWags
8,021 ballots submitted in Philadelphia by DEAD PEOPLE, according to Rudy G.

An investigation showed no such thing occurred.

More lies.
bearister
DiabloWags said:

More lies.

His former colleagues are on record as saying that his alcoholism has left him with a boiled onion for a brain.* His dad was an enforcer for the mob and a jailbird* so Rudy has basically gyroscoped back to his criminal DNA.

*Rudy Giuliani: What Happened to America's Mayor? Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rudy-giuliani-new-york-trump-997712/

* "Harold Giuliani, a plumber and a bartender,[28] had trouble holding a job, was convicted of felony assault and robbery, and served prison time in Sing Sing.[29] Once released, he worked as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo, who operated an organized crime-affiliated loan sharking and gambling ring at a restaurant in Brooklyn." Wikipedia
concordtom
bearister said:

DiabloWags said:

More lies.

His former colleagues are on record as saying that his alcoholism has left him with a boiled onion for a brain.* His dad was an enforcer for the mob and a jailbird* so Rudy has basically gyroscoped back to his criminal DNA.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rudy-giuliani-new-york-trump-997712/

* "Harold Giuliani, a plumber and a bartender,[28] had trouble holding a job, was convicted of felony assault and robbery, and served prison time in Sing Sing.[29] Once released, he worked as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo, who operated an organized crime-affiliated loan sharking and gambling ring at a restaurant in Brooklyn." Wikipedia
I'm sorry, but I have to assume that Rudy was criminal from the start, and just way smarter when younger to hide it.
How did he get elected as Mayor to begin with? Somebody should write or re-examine that entire script.
I'm not looking for lies, but politics is often very unseemly, and given his background and his Big Finish, one has to presume there's plenty of unseemly with his entire career. No?
bearister
As I recall, there is some complimentary stuff about him in the Rolling Stone piece about his early years as a prosecutor.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

More lies.

The PA U.S. attorney who wanted to investigate potential fraud was told by Bill Barr to stand down.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/huge-former-ag-barr-stopped-investigations-trailer-load-288000-ballots-pa-new-york-2020-election-barr-refused-provide-whistleblower-protection-now-usps-wont-pro/
BearForce2
bearister said:

DiabloWags said:

More lies.

Twitter gave Rudy his account back.

The January 6th committee is still hiding thousands of hours of video and everyone knows why.
bearister

bearister
The Drudge Report front page today….

..kind of reads like this for tRump…

BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

More lies.

Unit2Sucks
I can't imagine why Fox News is trying to bury the Jan 6 hearings. Just mystifying.

concordtom
Except that Fox DID decide to air today's hearing (the second one).

Hard to say you're a NEWS network when you don't air this set of hearings.
The fact that management decided not to is amazing.

FoxNews - just not THATnews.
SBGold
I'm not into these hearings much either but your memes are lame, sorry
going4roses
Big C
bearister said:

Believers in fate and true romance and all that must appreciate the fact that two of the most repulsive people on the planet were able to find one another!
bearister
I'm pretty much sure that's where the expression "bumping uglies" came from.

In other news:

Jan 6 hearings: Trump refused calls from officials to shut down voter fraud claims

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/13/jan-6-hearing-trump-fraud-election
bearister
"An investigation led by the Jan. 6 panel revealed Trump's campaign raised $250 million from false claims that the 2020 election was stolen

Roughly $100 million of that was raised in first week after the election, a committee investigator said.

"The 'Big Lie' was also a big rip off" committee member Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.). She added Trump's team used the false claims of election fraud to raise money, but never actually used that money try and overturn the results.

Much of that money was put into Trump's "Save America PAC" and donated to other conservative-leaning organizations." Axios

MinotStateBeav
SBGold said:

Opinions are like a'holes...everybody has one and they all stink.
going4roses
MinotStateBeav said:

SBGold said:

Opinions are like a'holes...everybody has one and they all stink.

But some subscribe to "bath day" theory of bodily hygiene … so some don't stink because they use hot water soap and wash cloth
Lol
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
AunBear89
Big C said:

bearister said:

Believers in fate and true romance and all that must appreciate the fact that two of the most repulsive people on the planet were able to find one another!

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Do you think Guilfoyle screams,
"THAT'S THE WAY MOMMY LIKES IT! THAT'S THE WAY MOMMY LIKES IT!"

concordtom
Two more this week:

Wednesday, June 15
When to watch: 7 a.m. Pacific

What to expect: The third hearing is expected to show how Trump pressured the Justice Department to claim there had been rampant fraud in the election, as well as his attempt to install an attorney general who would help him get that done. Trump's efforts were blocked by Justice Department leadership and by White House lawyers who threatened to resign. Several Republican lawmakers were involved in Trump's effort.

Thursday, June 16
When to watch: 10 a.m. Pacific

What to expect: The fourth hearing, the last of the week, is expected to focus on Trump pressuring Vice President Mike Pence and conservative California lawyer John Eastman to reject votes from certain states and to send the results back to those states. A judge who helped Pence resist Trump's demands is expected to testify.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.