The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,829 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Several individuals have been charged with felony assault for pushing this sign into police. Ray Epps pushed it as it made contact with police, pointed for others to continue pushing it forward into police, then pushed those in front of him. Epps was removed from the FBI wanted list. There are still thousands of hours video that most people haven't seen yet.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Unless someone taught Trump how to text with a sharpie, that's unlikely.

Did someone say Hurricane Dorian and tweet about it hitting ALABAMA?

He's such an idiot.
Pathetic.

Trump appears to show Sharpie-altered hurricane map - YouTube

Unit2Sucks
Remember when people told us that they wanted the secret service to testify? Wonder what they are hiding.

juarezbear
Unit2Sucks said:

Remember when people told us that they wanted the secret service to testify? Wonder what they are hiding.

I'm sure they can dig up some of the threads from some patriotic receipients.
BearForce2
LOL, yeah sure.

Meanwhile the NYT just wrote a fluff piece on Ray Epps except they didn't ask the most basic questions.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
concordtom
Oh my god.
I'm finally catching Day 7.

This is just so devastating!!

What percentage of the country is NOT watching this?

BearForce2
concordtom said:

Oh my god.
I'm finally catching Day 7.

This is just so devastating!!

It is? What day was it when someone said there was ketchup on the walls of the White House?
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

I SO do not believe the stuff was deleted because of a technology upgrade.
That's just the cover for what was really being said.
Unit2Sucks
BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

I tend to agree that Cassidy Hutchinson was overhyped and served up salacious details more than lawbreaker details (with the exception of the weapons comment which I think is highly relevant). The Committee should have never had her get into hearsay. Now we will be subjected to arguments about the non-issue of how upset Trump was in the car, as if it matters. The Committee will go into recess and the right will effectively spend this time destroying the committee's reputation over this non-issue. Huge strategic error to rush this hearing forward to talk about hearsay. Look for the poll numbers to move against the committee in the upcoming weeks as the right now has their narrative. Stupid.
This is spot on and not the first time the committee has gone for headlines rather than substance and credibility. One problem you have is that if/when a witness is thought to be unreliable (or lying), it destroys their credibility. And of course, exhibit 1 to that is Trump himself.

Funny how many people on this board (and twitter) were euphoric yesterday over the hearsay tales of Trump grabbing the wheel, etc. Complete acceptance of the hearsay as true, with no skepticism among that crowd. Then when those stories were debunked (or at least questioned), it suddenly became "so what, it was not big deal anyway. The real point was XXXXX"
You don't get to question "hearsay" during sworn testimony in front of the nation and then pretend that anonymous tips constitute debunking. If Engel and/or Ornato offer sworn testimony that contradicts her claim that she was told about the incident in the car, then we will have a literal he said / she said situation where we can try to evaluate the credibility of the testimony. If it ever comes to a court of law, there can be a cross-examination and the trier of fact can make a determination.

Nothing has been debunked yet and no credible person would claim otherwise.
First of all I said "debunked (or at least questioned)."

And yes, I do get to question hearsay that would not be admitted in any legitimate trial or legal proceeding. And, per the link below, Engel and Ornato have both given sworn testimony to the committee .

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/january-6-hearings-june-28/h_4ebcebe99d3bf8841463a55fe7efaa5a

Their testimony to the committee has FOR SOME REASON not been released and instead they decided to put Hutchinson's hearsay claims on the TV. Why? If this were a real fact finding committee, we would have heard directly from Engel and Ornato, and perhaps from Hutchinson - but the committee didn't do that. Why? It is almost like the Committee wants people to only see some of the evidence and allow a witness to make hearsay claims of events she has no knowledge of.

Like most of your comments in support of the insurrection and defense of the people involved, your take on Hutchinson's testimony aged like milk. Now that we've seen that the secret service "lost" text messages and numerous other people have supported her testimony, do you think it's reasonable to re-visit your prior comments? I certainly do.
going4roses
https://www.businessinsider.com/two-men-pepper-sprayed-officers-capitol-riot-wept-sentencing-2022-7?amp

3 years ?
Not nearly enuff because if I did the same thing I'd get 7-10 yrs easily. But when you have the complexion for protection
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Unit2Sucks
going4roses said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/two-men-pepper-sprayed-officers-capitol-riot-wept-sentencing-2022-7?amp

3 years ?
Not nearly enuff because if I did the same thing I'd get 7-10 yrs easily. But when you have the complexion for protection
Let's be real. Your family would be mourning you and deplorables would call you BLM ANTIFA and dancing on your grave.
WalterSobchak
Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

I tend to agree that Cassidy Hutchinson was overhyped and served up salacious details more than lawbreaker details (with the exception of the weapons comment which I think is highly relevant). The Committee should have never had her get into hearsay. Now we will be subjected to arguments about the non-issue of how upset Trump was in the car, as if it matters. The Committee will go into recess and the right will effectively spend this time destroying the committee's reputation over this non-issue. Huge strategic error to rush this hearing forward to talk about hearsay. Look for the poll numbers to move against the committee in the upcoming weeks as the right now has their narrative. Stupid.
This is spot on and not the first time the committee has gone for headlines rather than substance and credibility. One problem you have is that if/when a witness is thought to be unreliable (or lying), it destroys their credibility. And of course, exhibit 1 to that is Trump himself.

Funny how many people on this board (and twitter) were euphoric yesterday over the hearsay tales of Trump grabbing the wheel, etc. Complete acceptance of the hearsay as true, with no skepticism among that crowd. Then when those stories were debunked (or at least questioned), it suddenly became "so what, it was not big deal anyway. The real point was XXXXX"
You don't get to question "hearsay" during sworn testimony in front of the nation and then pretend that anonymous tips constitute debunking. If Engel and/or Ornato offer sworn testimony that contradicts her claim that she was told about the incident in the car, then we will have a literal he said / she said situation where we can try to evaluate the credibility of the testimony. If it ever comes to a court of law, there can be a cross-examination and the trier of fact can make a determination.

Nothing has been debunked yet and no credible person would claim otherwise.
First of all I said "debunked (or at least questioned)."

And yes, I do get to question hearsay that would not be admitted in any legitimate trial or legal proceeding. And, per the link below, Engel and Ornato have both given sworn testimony to the committee .

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/january-6-hearings-june-28/h_4ebcebe99d3bf8841463a55fe7efaa5a

Their testimony to the committee has FOR SOME REASON not been released and instead they decided to put Hutchinson's hearsay claims on the TV. Why? If this were a real fact finding committee, we would have heard directly from Engel and Ornato, and perhaps from Hutchinson - but the committee didn't do that. Why? It is almost like the Committee wants people to only see some of the evidence and allow a witness to make hearsay claims of events she has no knowledge of.

Like most of your comments in support of the insurrection and defense of the people involved, your take on Hutchinson's testimony aged like milk. Now that we've seen that the secret service "lost" text messages and numerous other people have supported her testimony, do you think it's reasonable to re-visit your prior comments? I certainly do.
Is this where we drone on and on about spoliation presumptions even though they don't technically apply here because this isn't a trial or a court of law? Just curious.
going4roses
That's true …
BearForce2
So who planted the pipe bombs outside the DNC and RNC or does the media not care anymore because it doesn't fit any narrative benefitting Democrats?
AunBear89
MTG
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

So back to the actual question I raised and you refused to address. Why did the "fact finding" committee not ask Cipollone about Hutchinson's the hearsay testimony? If they were interested in finding the facts, they would do that. If you were interested in learning what happened, you would want them to ask that question. Speaks volumes.

Patience Grasshopper.
Patience.

Transcript: Rep. Adam Kinzinger on "Face the Nation," July 17, 2022 - CBS News
DiabloWags
MARGARET BRENNAN: So the committee has, though, spoken in the past with some Secret Service officers. So do you have a date yet to question the two in particular, Tony Ornato, about what happened January 6? Of course, he's relevant because of Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony about what happened in the vehicle.

REP. KINZINGER: Look, we're still working on that. We'd love to have him come in. We're- we're working out those details. We know that through, I guess, anonymous sources, they've said they're going to be happy to come in and testify. We would encourage anybody to, anybody that knows anything, but it's got to be under oath. Right now, it's just been discussion from Secret Service through anonymous sources. And that to me, compared to somebody like Cassidy Hutchinson, who swore under oath, what she had heard, that's important to come in and do that. So that's still ongoing, but hopefully we get that.

DiabloWags
MARGARET BRENNAN: CNN was reporting a D.C. police officer who had been somehow involved in the motorcade arrangements, was corroborating the testimony given by Cassidy Hutchinson, that there was an almost violent confrontation with the former president in the vehicle that day. Is that what the committee has been told?

REP. KINZINGER: I can't confirm or deny those because we haven't come out with who we have or haven't spoken to. I'll just say, I'm not going to aggressively push back on that characterization and we have every reason to believe that what Cassidy Hutchinson said, at least from what she said she heard, because she wasn't in the limo never said she was--

DiabloWags
MARGARET BRENNAN: So 187 minutes, you're leading this hearing, you- you know what you can present at this point. Can you at least tell us if you filled in the blanks of you know who the President was actually speaking with? Why there weren't phone records, for example, of phone calls he may have placed during that time period?

REP. KINZINGER: We have filled in the blanks. I can't necessarily say that the motives behind every piece of information we know we'll be able to explain. But this is going to open people's eyes in a big way. The reality is- I'll give you this preview, the president didn't do very much but gleefully watch television during this timeframe. We're going to present a lot more than that, but I could only imagine as- I mean, I knew what I felt like as a US Congressman, if I was a president, sworn to defend the Constitution, that includes the legislative branch, watching this on television, I know I would have been going ballistic to try to save the Capitol. He did quite the opposite.

MARGARET BRENNAN: The President didn't do anything?

REP. KINZINGER: The President didn't do anything, and we're going to fill those blanks in and if the American people watch this, particularly I say as to my fellow Republicans, watch this with an open mind and is this the kind of strong leader you really think you deserve?

BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

MTG

Adam Schiff opened the Capitol doors for the Colbert people on 6/17. Someone told Capitol police to open the doors on 1/6, even AOC know this was an inside job.
AunBear89
Why are you stalking me? Poso isn't having sex with you, and neither am I.
Unit2Sucks
But her emails. I wonder if they injected bleach in their phones to delete the texts?

dajo9
I'm not a tech person by any means but I always thought anything digital was saved somewhere up the chain. Like, if I deleted a text the police could still get it. I imagine the Secret Service is on a different system but anybody know the details?
American Vermin
bearister
January 6 panel to show Trump violated law by refusing to stop Capitol attack

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/20/january-6-hearings-trump-violated-law-stop-attack?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
Should be a barnstormer today.

calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

Should be a barnstormer today.

That will be fun. Maybe they can explain how they always cry and hide behind desks during regular, normal public visits.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

I'm not a tech person by any means but I always thought anything digital was saved somewhere up the chain. Like, if I deleted a text the police could still get it. I imagine the Secret Service is on a different system but anybody know the details?

Who knew that the DEEP STATE that Donald Trump was always battling (ie. Secret Service) turned out to be in his "pocket" after all.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Who knew that the DEEP STATE that Donald Trump was always battling (ie. Secret Service) turned out to be in his "pocket" after all.

The Deep State isn't so deep, it's in your face as Steve Bannon says. It's the ADMNISTRATIVE STATE; they don't hide, no one voted for them, and they will stay in DC no matter who is president as long as they want.
DiabloWags
It's so weird that someone that I have on IGNORE thinks that I care what their "reply" is.
Not sure why they would waste their "valuable" time.
Maybe its not so valuable?
calbear93
BearForce2 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

The Deep State isn't so deep, it's in your face as Steve Bannon says. It's the ADMNISTRATIVE STATE; they don't hide, no one voted for them, and they will stay in DC no matter who is president as long as they want.
Hmm...I recall Trump trying to leverage and bully government agencies to do his bidding. I don't recall Trump ever trying to change Administrative law in the US.
Unit2Sucks
I wonder if BG is still supremely confident that Hutchinson's testimony was "debunked (or at least questioned)" given the credibility hit the secret service has taken the last few weeks. I suppose we won't hear from him again until there is a toehold for him to ignore all GOP misconduct while noting strenously that there is a chance that some of the testimony or reporting on that misconduct might not be admissible under the federal rules of evidence. Oh and tha he totally doesn't approve of Trump.

BearGoggles
Unit2Sucks said:

I wonder if BG is still supremely confident that Hutchinson's testimony was "debunked (or at least questioned)" given the credibility hit the secret service has taken the last few weeks. I suppose we won't hear from him again until there is a toehold for him to ignore all GOP misconduct while noting strenously that there is a chance that some of the testimony or reporting on that misconduct might not be admissible under the federal rules of evidence. Oh and tha he totally doesn't approve of Trump.

I'm in favor of see the best evidence and all of the evidence. If the secret service texts were deleted intentionally, that should be criminally investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fullest extent.

I said the same thing about Hillary's emails (which were deleted intentionally after congressional subpoena), the Strzok/Page emails/texts, the Muller investigation phones which were wiped, and the IRS records/drives. I have been (and will be) 100% consistent on this issue. You, on the other hand, are a complete hypocrite when it comes to the prosecution of dems who destroy evidence.

In terms of Hutchinson, why is it the Cipollone was not asked by the J6 committee to corroborate or confirm? Because they knew he wouldn't. Why weren't we given access to all of Hutchinson's testimony, including her man prior inconsistent statements? Much of her testimony remains uncorroborated and in some cases, directly contradicted on the record by percipient witnesses.

Bottom line - the J6 hearing remains a show trial. Important facts cannot be found AND VERIFIED in a partisan setting where only one side is allowed to present SOME but not all of the evidence.
calbear93
BearGoggles said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm in favor of see the best evidence and all of the evidence. If the secret service texts were deleted intentionally, that should be criminally investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fullest extent.

I said the same thing about Hillary's emails (which were deleted intentionally after congressional subpoena), the Strzok/Pages emails/texts, the Muller investigation phones which were wiped, and the IRS records/drives. I have been (and will be) 100% consistent on this issue. You, on the other hand, are a complete hypocrite when it comes to the prosecution of dems who destroy evidence.

In terms of Hutchinson, why is it the Cipollone was not asked by the J6 committee to corroborate or confirm? Because they knew he wouldn't. Why weren't we given access to all of Hutchinson's testimony, including her man prior inconsistent statements?

Bottom line - the J6 hearing remains a show trial. Important facts cannot be found AND VERIFIED in a partisan setting where only one side is allowed to present SOME but not all of the evidence.
BG, you and I almost always agree, but I disagree with you on this one.

Congressional investigations are not a trial. At best, they are a fact finding session. But any proceedings, and in fact even an impeach trial, by Congress is de facto political. It is not a trial, and there is no means of appeal or judicial review even for an impeachment conviction by the Senate.

The far right chose not to participate. They threw a hissy fit that those who enabled what was being investigated could not be part of the fact finding committee. It was not that controversial that those who are implicated should not deliberate but should abstain.
going4roses
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgRp8QygVde/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgSKsJMpzoo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.