The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,842 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Let it slowly sink in that Donald Trump did not have a problem with a mob of racist right-wing white nationalists that support him breaking into the Capitol to murder(hang) Mike Pence. If they let him get away with this it will only accelerate the decline and eventual destruction of the U.S.!"
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
Say, did anyone ever see this movie?

concordtom
Well, THIS film will be interesting!!

Unseen Trump tapes subpoenaed by House panel investigating Jan. 6

Eugene Daniels and Ryan Lizza
Tue, June 21, 2022, 6:39 AM

The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to then-President Donald Trump and his inner circle.

Holder shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told POLITICO on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump's reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump's adult children and Mike Pence, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by POLITICO, the committee has subpoenaed "any raw footage you or your colleagues took in Washington, D.C., on January 6, 2021"; raw footage of interviews he conducted with Trump, Pence, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner; and raw footage "pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election."

Holder is expected to fully cooperate with the committee in an interview scheduled for Thursday.

The move comes as the committee is set to meet on Tuesday afternoon for a hearing that centers on the pressure campaign Trump and his allies mounted to get state officials to overturn the 2020 election, including attempts to advance slates of "alternate electors" to flip the results.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

No surprise that this list is full of sources of tweets that are regularly posted by disingenuous conspiracy theorists and bots on this forum. It's a shame that there is no interest in removing people who post here primarily to spread misinformation.

As a proud Cal alum whose parents met at Cal in the mid-1950's, I must say that I am truly embarrassed by the lack of moderation on this site. It really begs the question as to why someone would allow this forum to go on as long as it has, with the same 3 or 4 posters spreading misinformation and outright lies, without any genuine interest in discussion.

I share your concern.

going4roses
No account lie
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

No surprise that this list is full of sources of tweets that are regularly posted by disingenuous conspiracy theorists and bots on this forum. It's a shame that there is no interest in removing people who post here primarily to spread misinformation.

As a proud Cal alum whose parents met at Cal in the mid-1950's, I must say that I am truly embarrassed by the lack of moderation on this site. It really begs the question as to why someone would allow this forum to go on as long as it has, with the same 3 or 4 posters spreading misinformation and outright lies, without any genuine interest in discussion.

I share your concern.

Early 60's for mine!

I think there's a compelling request to be made to Greg to get rid of just a few, not cancel it for everyone.
BF is currently the worst offender per this referenced furtherance of misinformation.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

I share your concern.

Early 60's for mine!

I think there's a compelling request to be made to Greg to get rid of just a few, not cancel it for everyone.
BF is currently the worst offender per this referenced furtherance of misinformation.

The repeated lies and racist posts in the "Junteenth" thread were disgusting.
The posts by HTP and Kelly09 were flagged, but apparently that makes no difference here.

concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

Trump didn't need any help losing the election because he's a losing loser who lost on his own.

Of course, his ultimate loss will be when he loses his life.
bearister
Greg made it clear that he makes no money from the free boards so it is not worth his effort policing the board. That being the case, complaining about posters drives him schizoid, SO DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYONE.

If someone p@isses you off, just put them on IGNORE and everyone else should cease quoting the usual suspects when they respond.

I read their posts, like I read the comments to Daily Mail articles, because it is important to know what millions of people in this country think and believe in.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
It's fun listening to Chris Wallace laugh at Trump on live TV.
He's allowed full on belly-laugh at CNN rather than merely grimace at Foxnews.

All of the TV talking heads LAUGH at Trump's FACE. It's like Draymond at the parade yesterday!

DiabloWags
Pretty sober testimony today by Rusty Bowers, Speaker of the House in Arizona.
Pressured by Giuliani.

And Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin now implicated given testimony given today.

Team Trump knew it was illegal.

"The lesson that we're seeing is that the people who drank all the Kool-Aid, they become increasingly unhinged and untethered to reality as the process unfolded," Foley said. "They just doubled down and then tripled down, and spun more and more off into their own delusional world."

Who Is Rusty Bowers? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

DiabloWags
The Committee had to take a break because Bowers became pretty emotional.
BearForce2

The Committee took a break because they ran out of lies.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Or someone signaled to Schiff that they had to pee.

I used to work for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. There's a bathroom in the various committee hearing rooms' "cloak room" (where the congressmen exit to). Cloak rooms are not small. Staff and members hang out there. Public not allowed.
Audience watching behind witnesses/guest speakers have to use the bathroom out in the hallway.

Could be that Schiff just wanted to allow for a marked transition from Bowers, he wanted to prep, or a bathroom break. Looks like the first and last of those. They've been running these about an hour, break, hour, done.
DiabloWags
Wandrea Moss, former Fulton County Election Worker "targeted" by Donald Trump and Giuliani.

Absolutely heart-breaking what happened to her and her Mother, Ruby Freeman.

Ordinary working American's who had their name and their lives destroyed.

concordtom
BearForce2 said:

You're a fine example of "How To Lose Friends and Influence."
concordtom
These hearings are simply devastating.

More and more crickets from Capitol Hill Republicans.
Next they will be turning on others to save themselves.

I figure right about now, they are calculating their own exposure and who all will be the fall guys. Problem is, most are implicated, that's why it's taken 18 months to get to here.

But these are devastating.
going4roses
They should be testifying via zoom calls from jail !!!
DiabloWags
It will get worse when you hear about how Trump tried to "weaponize" the DoJ via Jeffrey Clark, according to former White House counsel, Pat Cipollone.

concordtom
The lamest Americans will be the last ones to get it.

Duuuuhhhhhhhhh!

BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

Bahahahahahahahahahaha you are not serious, ridiculous yes but definitely not serious.
DiabloWags
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

Bahahahahahahahahahaha you are not serious, ridiculous yes but definitely not serious.

This is so rich, given that Trump's own White House Counsel has said that Trump weaponized the DoJ.

Leave it to OT to make you feel as though your diploma from Cal is worthless.
Literally worthless.

BearForce2
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

J6 is a distraction from the 2020 stolen election.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
concordtom said:

These hearings are simply devastating.

More and more crickets from Capitol Hill Republicans.
Next they will be turning on others to save themselves.

I figure right about now, they are calculating their own exposure and who all will be the fall guys. Problem is, most are implicated, that's why it's taken 18 months to get to here.

But these are devastating.

What I can't get over is, there used to be a time when devastating stuff like this would come out... and actually have an impact. Now, the vast majority of the GOP tribe is hear-no-evil.

Still, I think Trump's armor is slowly being chipped away. Disgustingly slowly, though.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

Wandrea Moss, former Fulton County Election Worker "targeted" by Donald Trump and Giuliani.

Absolutely heart-breaking what happened to her and her Mother, Ruby Freeman.

Ordinary working American's who had their name and their lives destroyed.

Wandrea Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman were election workers who took ballots out from under a table on election night and jammed them into tabulators. This was after election observers were sent home for the night and after Trump had a sizeable lead in Georgia.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

Rusty Bowers is a RINO who tried to prevent a bill from passing in Arizona that would enact smaller precinct sizes, one-day in person voting, and hand counted ballots. Oh, he also attempted to send DPS agents after conservative house members. He's in on the fraudulent election in Arizona.

This whole thing is a sham, did his emotional display move you?
going4roses
Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani slandered 2 Black women election workers as "hustlers" and drug addicts to push the lie about a stolen election. His racist followers harassed and threatened to kill them.

Not one 'Christian Trump supporter has condemned this.
going4roses
bearister
"The House Jan. 6 committee carefully laid out today the stunning extent of former President Trump and his allies' campaign to pressure election officials to act on their false claims of voter fraud, Axios' Alayna Treene writes.

The big picture: Yet again, it was conservative Republican witnesses Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, top Georgia elections official Gabriel Sterling and a host of Trump associates testifying behind closed doors that provided the most damning testimony.

Four key takeaways

1. Trump's direct involvement.

Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel revealed in a taped deposition that Trump personally connected her on a phone call with conservative lawyer John Eastman the architect of the "alternate elector" scheme to ask the RNC to help coordinate false sets of electors.

Bowers testified he received a call from Trump and Rudy Giuliani urging him to replace Biden's electors in Arizona. "I do not want to be a winner by cheating. I will not play with laws I swore allegiance to," Bowers wrote in a personal journal at the time.

2. Key figures knew plan was illegal.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified that Meadows, Giuliani and several of Giuliani's associates were in a meeting in which the White House counsel's office informed them the alternate elector scheme was "not legally sound."

3. GOP lawmakers implicated.

Sen. Ron Johnson's (R-Wis.) chief of staff texted an aide for then-Vice President Mike Pence telling him that the senator needed to hand Pence an "alternate slate of electors" from Michigan and Wisconsin during the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress. The Pence aide replied, "Do not give that to him." Johnson told reporters today he was "basically unaware" of the exchange.
Bowers testified that he received a call from Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) urging him to support decertifying Arizona's electors.

4. Outlandish gambits.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the committee obtained text messages indicating Meadows wanted to send Georgia election investigators "a sh**load of POTUS stuff, including coins, actual autographed MAGA hats, etc."

Michigan GOP chair Laura Cox testified that a Trump campaign representative told her fake Republican electors were planning to hide in the Michigan Capitol overnight to satisfy the requirement they meet in the state Senate chamber. "I told him in no uncertain terms that was insane and inappropriate," she said."

-Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
bearister said:

"The House Jan. 6 committee carefully laid out today the stunning extent of former President Trump and his allies' campaign to pressure election officials to act on their false claims of voter fraud, Axios' Alayna Treene writes.

The big picture: Yet again, it was conservative Republican witnesses Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, top Georgia elections official Gabriel Sterling and a host of Trump associates testifying behind closed doors that provided the most damning testimony.

Four key takeaways

1. Trump's direct involvement.

Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel revealed in a taped deposition that Trump personally connected her on a phone call with conservative lawyer John Eastman the architect of the "alternate elector" scheme to ask the RNC to help coordinate false sets of electors.

Bowers testified he received a call from Trump and Rudy Giuliani urging him to replace Biden's electors in Arizona. "I do not want to be a winner by cheating. I will not play with laws I swore allegiance to," Bowers wrote in a personal journal at the time.

2. Key figures knew plan was illegal.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified that Meadows, Giuliani and several of Giuliani's associates were in a meeting in which the White House counsel's office informed them the alternate elector scheme was "not legally sound."

3. GOP lawmakers implicated.

Sen. Ron Johnson's (R-Wis.) chief of staff texted an aide for then-Vice President Mike Pence telling him that the senator needed to hand Pence an "alternate slate of electors" from Michigan and Wisconsin during the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress. The Pence aide replied, "Do not give that to him." Johnson told reporters today he was "basically unaware" of the exchange.
Bowers testified that he received a call from Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) urging him to support decertifying Arizona's electors.

4. Outlandish gambits.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the committee obtained text messages indicating Meadows wanted to send Georgia election investigators "a sh**load of POTUS stuff, including coins, actual autographed MAGA hats, etc."

Michigan GOP chair Laura Cox testified that a Trump campaign representative told her fake Republican electors were planning to hide in the Michigan Capitol overnight to satisfy the requirement they meet in the state Senate chamber. "I told him in no uncertain terms that was insane and inappropriate," she said."

-Axios

My first thought is, no possible way I would do something "not legally sound" to try and overturn an American election.

But man, autographed MAGA hats?!? All bets might be off...
DiabloWags
"But man, autographed MAGA hats?!? All bets might be off..."

Dont forget the pardons.
BearForce2
going4roses said:

Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani slandered 2 Black women election workers as "hustlers" and drug addicts to push the lie about a stolen election. His racist followers harassed and threatened to kill them.

Race was never mentioned and had nothing to do with the fraud. But if you go 4 racism, everything is racist.
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Race was never mentioned and had nothing to do with the fraud. But if you go 4 racism, everything is racist.

Lesson for you and you ilk

"EVERYTHING IN AMERICA HAS TO DO WITH RACE"

Are you upset about it ? Blame yourself your parents your grandparents and so on and so forth…
BearForce2
going4roses said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Lesson for you and you ilk

"EVERYTHING IN AMERICA HAS TO DO WITH RACE"

Are you upset about it ? Blame yourself your parents your grandparents and so on and so forth…

To some people, rocks are racist.

https://madison.com/news/local/education/university/uw-madison-to-remove-70-ton-boulder-some-view-as-reminder-of-campus-racist-past/article_cf1b2975-ef90-5df2-991e-23571d5a0afa.html
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

This is so rich, given that Trump's own White House Counsel has said that Trump weaponized the DoJ.

Leave it to OT to make you feel as though your diploma from Cal is worthless.
Literally worthless.

Well, actually, it was worth something. But Foxnews is like acid on the brains.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.