The Official Jan. 6th Public Hearings Thread

68,839 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And of course it's a joke to you because you have never been negatively effect by it !!!

You are oblivious
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

These hearings are simply devastating.

More and more crickets from Capitol Hill Republicans.
Next they will be turning on others to save themselves.

I figure right about now, they are calculating their own exposure and who all will be the fall guys. Problem is, most are implicated, that's why it's taken 18 months to get to here.

But these are devastating.

What I can't get over is, there used to be a time when devastating stuff like this would come out... and actually have an impact. Now, the vast majority of the GOP tribe is hear-no-evil.

Still, I think Trump's armor is slowly being chipped away. Disgustingly slowly, though.

If nothing else, his legacy is being run through the mud, the meatgrinder, and hell.
20 years from now, the kids will know what happened to that guy!
going4roses
This is mr
grab the women's genitalia
I could shoot someone in Times Square

He is cloaked in white Supremacy … he is not the problem it's 80 million devout racists that voted for him
BearGoggles
going4roses said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani slandered 2 Black women election workers as "hustlers" and drug addicts to push the lie about a stolen election. His racist followers harassed and threatened to kill them.

Not one 'Christian Trump supporter has condemned this.

Race was never mentioned and had nothing to do with the fraud. But if you go 4 racism, everything is racist.

Lesson for you and you ilk

"EVERYTHING IN AMERICA HAS TO DO WITH RACE"

Are you upset about it ? Blame yourself your parents your grandparents and so on and so forth…

These are honest questions and I'm looking forward to your responses.

Do you feel that way about all countries? Just the US? Only some countries? If so, in which other countries (besides the USA) is race the overriding factor?
going4roses
White Supremacy is global.

But here in the US racism takes on a different tangent from chattel slavery
Reconstruction
Jim Crow
The wars that took the best and brightest black men who them came home to be called ******s and often time's treated worse
The trillions in stolen generational wealth (debt owed)
War on poverty/drugs
Mass incarceration /for profit prisons
Classroom to prison pipeline
I could go on and on
BearGoggles
going4roses said:

White Supremacy is global.

But here in the US racism takes on a different tangent from chattel slavery
Reconstruction
Jim Crow
The wars that took the best and brightest black men who them came home to be called ******s and often time's treated worse
The trillions in stolen generational wealth (debt owed)
War on poverty/drugs
Mass incarceration /for profit prisons
Classroom to prison pipeline
I could go on and on
Thank you for answering my questions.

Without debating your views as to what constitutes white supremacy or racism, I'll just politely disagree that the US experience with slavery was really that different than a lot of other countries.

Slavery existed throughout the world well before the Americas were colonialized. Including in the Americas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_among_the_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Pre-Columbian_era

The Aztecs had slaves before they'd ever seen a white person. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_slavery

Slavery was widespread in African countries before colonialism (my ancestors were slaves in Egypt). Was that White Supremacy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery#Americas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#:~:text=Slavery%20in%20historical%20Africa%20was,purposes%20was%20widespread%20throughout%20Africa.

I'll also point out that slavery continues this day in places that are not white majority.

https://www.oxygen.com/very-real/6-countries-where-slavery-still-exists

https://borgenproject.org/countries-that-still-have-slavery/

The USA is far from perfect. There are vestiges of slavery/racism and we can always do better. But I think that for all its faults, the US is less racist than most other countries today and has done a far better job attempting to address historical injustice.

Maybe you can point me to the countries that you think are less racist or have done a better job addressing racism? I'm curious if you think there is a model we should be following?
concordtom
After watching these hearings, and learning all the ways that people around him were telling him "no you can't do this, or that, yes you lost, no there is no fraud", and yet he kept pressing and looking for ways to soothe himself….

If I'm Oliver Stone doing the biography of Trump… or rather, the group that did Winning Time from the basketball thread, I boil Trump down to the child who was a completely spoiled brat having a temper tantrum at not getting everything he wants.

His parents must have endlessly coddled him and created a monster. I mean, we've all seen parents who simply cannot handle their children, right???

(By the way, these parents totally did the right thing. Film, laugh, move on. Trump's parents wouldn't have reached for the camera, they would have been saying, "okay Donnie, calm down, you can have another piece of cake. Stop making a scene - everyone is looking!")
concordtom
Either that or just simply boil him down, full stop.

chazzed
DiabloWags said:

Wandrea Moss, former Fulton County Election Worker "targeted" by Donald Trump and Giuliani.

Absolutely heart-breaking what happened to her and her Mother, Ruby Freeman.

Ordinary working American's who had their name and their lives destroyed.

It is brutal, and I am grateful for all that they have done. They will be remembered as patriots, at least by normal, rational Americans.
BearForce2

It was terrifying. I still have nightmares.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
DiabloWags
chazzed said:

DiabloWags said:

Wandrea Moss, former Fulton County Election Worker "targeted" by Donald Trump and Giuliani.

It is brutal, and I am grateful for all that they have done. They will be remembered as patriots, at least by normal, rational Americans.

Agreed 100%.

Just on this alone, the Orange **** Stain should be tied to a stake out in the Arizona desert and be left to be picked apart by the Buzzards. - - - But that's just my opinion.
concordtom
Shedding no tears at that proposal.
bearister
One of my expressions is: They should zip tie the dude and push him off a 2 story building.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
bearister said:

One of my expressions is: They should zip tie the dude and push him off a 2 story building.

bearister said:

1. He's always into The Biggest. I had friends at Cantor die, and they were on the 105th floor, so he's gotta top that! Maybe the new Millennium Tower?

2. And no, no zip ties needed!! Grab at the air all you can, buddy.
BearForce2
chazzed said:

DiabloWags said:

No one is paying any attention to the J6 hearings. According to two Democratic congressmen, no one gives a blip about J6.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
My mother is aging, watches Foxnews.
I asked her if she's watching any of the hearings. She began to rail on the nation's unity, politics are terrible, nobody respects the president or authority anymore, the Jan 6 committee is not bipartisan, it's staged theater, and that Biden is terrible, too old, can't be president, that Kamala Harris is a joke.

She's beginning to shows signs of senility, at 77. She forgets things regularly, and her personality is changing, and she's seemingly inventing new realities in her mind that make no sense or reverse previously discussed and settled family matters.

It's very sad for me to watch all 4 of my parents age.

Best advice I heard: "you have to just live with them in their world, because they're not coming back to yours."

Very sobering.
I think Foxnews has figured out that most Americans are similarly WEAK. They are no different from a 5th Avenue marketing firm.
What ad campaigns work?
How do we get people to buy our candy bars, our brand of gas, our clothes, not theirs…

Mankind is weak!
BearForce2
She seems clear minded to me, much like your cousin in Texas.
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

She seems clear minded to me, much like your cousin in Texas.

It's a tragedy of humanity that it can be led to believe incredulous lies, to perform unbelievable acts.

DiabloWags
Trump and his stooges were RELENTLESS.

That's what these hearings show.
Weaponizing the DoJ?

It's like a burglar that tries to break into your home.
If they cant get easy access through the front or side door, they usually give up and leave.
But in the case of Trump's allies.... they tried first floor windows, second floor windows, vents to the attic, and even thru the chimney!

Democracy is fragile.
But Trumpanzees couldnt care any less.

DiabloWags
Jeff Clark, the clown that Trump wanted to "insert" into the AG slot left vacant when Barr resigned took the 5th 125 times.

Yesterday, his home was searched by the FBI.

Feds search home of former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark (4029tv.com)
concordtom
None of this is surprising - at all.
He TOLD us!!!

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****."
DiabloWags

blungld
Each session of the committee is like a straight rebuttal, in logical legal sequence, of every BS claim BF2 has made...but he still believes he is right.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
DiabloWags
blungld said:

Each session of the committee is like a straight rebuttal, in logical legal sequence, of every BS claim BF2 has made...but he still believes he is right.

Because he's delusional.

BearForce2
blungld said:

What claims are you referring to? No one cares about J6 because it's obviously a phony set up to distract from the real issue which is the stolen 2020 election.
89Bear
BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

What claims are you referring to? No one cares about J6 because it's obviously a phony set up to distract from the real issue which is the stolen 2020 election.
None of Trump appointed DOJ people who testified today agree that the election was stolen.
DiabloWags
89Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

None of Trump appointed DOJ people who testified today agree that the election was stolen.

You should REPEAT that again for the kids sitting way in the back.
concordtom
BF'er isn't watching.
He's too busy BF'ing himself.
89Bear
And the DOJ looked into all the crackpot theories, even the one where it was claimed someone from Italy was changing votes to Biden on the machines. And everything came up empty according to Trump's DOJ. No fraud that would have effected the outcome. This is under oath from Trump supporters.
BearForce2
89Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

Did they also say they overhead Trump say to hang Mike Pence?
89Bear
BearForce2 said:

89Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

They said their investigations did not uncover any fraud that would have affected the outcome of the election. That is what Trump's DOJ said under oath.
BearForce2
89Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

89Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

They said their investigations did not uncover any fraud that would have affected the outcome of the election. That is what Trump's DOJ said under oath.

Of course not. Bill Barr who predicted massive problems prior to the election now backtracks on his previous comments. Did you they state there was fraud but just not enough of it to overturn the election?
BearForce2
89Bear said:

And the DOJ looked into all the crackpot theories, even the one where it was claimed someone from Italy was changing votes to Biden on the machines. And everything came up empty according to Trump's DOJ. No fraud that would have effected the outcome. This is under oath from Trump supporters.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that the Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure and Security quietly revealed in their study that the Dominion Voting Machine Systems software is exploitable and vulnerable to attackers inserting malicious code to alter results.

https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ics/advisories/icsa-22-154-01
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

Close!

There has been testimony that Trump said, maybe they're right. Maybe Pence is getting what he deserves."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/mike-pence-deserves-trump-jan-6-committee-1365784/amp/
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

Close!

There has been testimony that Trump said, maybe they're right. Maybe Pence is getting what he deserves."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/mike-pence-deserves-trump-jan-6-committee-1365784/amp/

It's too bad that the Trump thugs didnt take Pence out.

Apparently, they were only 40 feet away. I would have loved to have watched the Trumptards and Louie Gompert's of the world "rationalize" his death and Tucker Carlson say that it was "a tragic, but necessary event to save democracy."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.