My President

75,317 Views | 811 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
Next he will be demanding that the media correct stories saying that he is a moron. The CDC confirms he is a moron.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
SRBear
How the hell would the CDC know what type of gas was used?
bearister
Big C
bearister said:

When the Bible photo op was a fail yesterday, universally rejected, and condemned by the clergy of many denominations, do you think:

1. Mark Meadows, Hope Hicks and Jarvanka each retreated to a separate dark recess of the West Wing to sob in stoic silence?
2. Did any of them wail like banshees?
3. Did they all go together to the same recess and do it in group hug fashion?
4. Did they just do it in pairs?
5. Who was in the pairs?

6. What was the average daily increase in their Xanax prescription today?*

* I have always suspected that GB4 and kelly09 engage in mutual upvoting of their posts.

Honestly, I would be willing to put my ideology to the side in order to do it in a pair with Hope Hicks and make her wail like a banshee. But to hell with the group hug...
bearister
Foreshadowing of tRump Dictatorship

okaydo
SRBear said:

How the hell would the CDC know what type of gas was used?

If you haven't been following the news all day....

Reporters who were there say they clearly felt tear gas.

But as the "Trump tear gases peaceful protesters for photo op" storyline started setting in, the park police tried to claim that no tear gas was fired.

So they got a reporter to say via a "source" that no tear gas was deployed. After this reporter posted this tweet, conservatives and Fox Newsers like Laura Ingraham started crying "fake news."

After this reporter posted this tweet, conservatives and Fox Newsers like Laura Ingraham used it to cry "fake news."

And reporters were like, "that was definitely tear gas."

Here's MSNBC's Garrett Haake:

Eventually the park police released a statement insisting they didn't use tear gas.

But the media kept insisting that, yes, that was tear gas.

Here's CNN senior national security correspondent Alexander Marquardt:

And now Trump is pissed off that his attempt to debunk the "tear gas narrative" is receiving push back.

So, yes, it matters what the CDC says.
SRBear
But, it wasn't tear gas...it was pepper balls and smoke canisters....which cdc equates to tear gas. I think most people would expect tear gas to be used in canisters, like the smoke was. Technically, it was not actual tear gas.
Yogi37
dajo9 said:

You prefer your presidents hide in their basement instead?
Yogi37
blungld said:

Krugman's opinion piece today summed things up as well as I have seen:

"The core story of U.S. politics over the past four decades is that wealthy elites weaponized white racism to gain political power, which they used to pursue policies that enriched the already wealthy at workers' expense. Until Trump's rise it was possible barely for people to deny this reality with a straight face. At this point, however, it requires willful blindness not to see what's going on."
Yes, the elites have successfully weaponized white racism in both parties and I'm glad you and Krugman have caught on.
Yogi37
dajo9 said:

My President leading the nation forward

sycasey
SRBear said:

But, it wasn't tear gas...it was pepper balls and smoke canisters....which cdc equates to tear gas. I think most people would expect tear gas to be used in canisters, like the smoke was. Technically, it was not actual tear gas.
"It wasn't tear gas, just gas that brings tears to people's eyes."

OK.
SRBear
So, those pepper balls that are shot from essentially a paintball gun are going to mix with the smoke from the canisters and have the same effect as tear gas over a wide area....doubt it.
bearister
Laura Ingraham's tweet about using horses for safe crowd control brought back the memory of how horses were used in the Bay Area in the late 1960's. I know they were present at the Oakland Army Induction Center Draft Riots in '67 and the riots at SF State in '68 (not sure at People's Park in '68..chirp in Old Blues). From horseback the OPD, SFPD and Alameda County Sheriff Department took advantage of the leverage of being on a horse to deliver skull cracking blows with the ole billy club. Below is a photo from SF State Riots in '68:

okaydo

sp4149
BearForce2 said:

okaydo said:

I don't know about you. But I am proud of what my president accomplished on Monday.

Anti-Covid protesters (ACP) should get their asses kicked good for them.

The ACP were holding military weapons which gave them a pass as they were obviously peaceful.

The peaceful protesters in front of St. John's were apparently unarmed which made them a threat to The Grump.
bearister

sp4149
bearister said:

Laura Ingraham's tweet about using horses for safe crowd control brought back the memory of how horses were used in the Bay Area in the late 1960's. I know they were present at the Oakland Army Induction Center Draft Riots in '67 and the riots at SF State in '68 (not sure at People's Park in '68..chirp in Old Blues). From horseback the OPD, SFPD and Alameda County Sheriff Department took advantage of the leverage of being on a horse to deliver skull cracking blows with the ole billy club. Below is a photo from SF State Riots in '68:

In the Yosemite riot of 1970, horses were tried as well with disastrous results.
Seems most horses do not like people underfoot and turned the riot into a bucking rodeo.
Back then the Morgan horses were the only ones with the temperament for crowd control.
The next year the Park Service purchased Morgans.
bearister
Wow! I don't remember that one. It got by me at 15.

How Yosemite Became the Setting of a Chaotic 1970 Riot | Smithsonian Magazine

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/history/how-yosemite-became-setting-of-chaotic-1970-riot/
okaydo
sycasey
Trump is a frightened old man who draws his support from other frightened old men.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey said:

Trump is a frightened old man who draws his support from other frightened old men.

He's a deranged frightened old man with an incredible amount of power. That's the scary part.
Bobodeluxe
Ain't that special?

From a Guardian story:

' ...many of Trump's evangelical supporters, far from Washingtons political stage, saw the move as a victory in a world rife with evil.

"My whole family was flabbergasted," said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.
The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John's. "My mother just shouted out, 'God give him strength! He's doing a Jericho walk!'"
A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.
Horbowy already supported Trump politically he heads the local chapter of a pro- Trump motorcycle club and is campaigning for a seat in Florida's state senate but when Trump lifted the Bible, Horbowy and his family felt overcome spiritually.
"My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven't heard her speak in tongues in years," he said. "I thought, look at my president! He's establishing the Lord's kingdom in the world."'
smh
"Not Me - Us" yet another sock puppet lands. unclear how many handles are run by the same hand.

said another way, darn, welcome aboard crazy train.

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
BearlyCareAnymore
SRBear said:

So, those pepper balls that are shot from essentially a paintball gun are going to mix with the smoke from the canisters and have the same effect as tear gas over a wide area....doubt it.

Tell ya what. Characterize it however you want. Explain how whatever method you want to describe this as was an appropriate action to take on a peaceful protest so that the President can courageously walk down the street for a photo op. So if it wasn't specifically tear gas how were the tactics THEY SAY THEY USED appropriate?

Taking the administration at their word, and I admittedly absolutely don't, the point of those pepper pellets is to have a tear gas effect. The CDC classifies it as tear gas because it is merely a different substance. The media on site faced with smoke and burning lungs and eyes described it reasonably. Do you expect them to take a sample of the gas and get a chemical analysis? What is the point of firing them into the crowd if not to have a tear gas effect. Arguing about the chemical used is a massive red herring.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS said:

sycasey said:

He's a deranged frightened old man with an incredible amount of power. That's the scary part.
Yup. The only thing that has saved us so far is that he's also incredibly lazy.
bearister
And to think, there used to be a debate regarding the identity of the Antichrist..

sycasey
More evidence that Trump and the cops are not gaining any political advantage from all of this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-poll-exclusive/exclusive-most-americans-sympathize-with-protests-disapprove-of-trumps-response-reuters-ipsos-idUSKBN239347

Quote:

The survey conducted on Monday and Tuesday found 64% of American adults were "sympathetic to people who are out protesting right now," while 27% said they were not and 9% were unsure.

The poll underscored the political risks for Trump, who has adopted a hardline approach to the protests and threatened to deploy the U.S. military to quell violent dissent. The Republican president faces Democrat Joe Biden in November's election.

More than 55% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the protests, including 40% who "strongly" disapproved, while just one-third said they approved - lower than his overall job approval of 39%, the poll showed.
Frankly, all of their commentary and action on this issue has smacked of desperation. They know they're losing the PR war. They can feel it. But they're in too deep to reverse course now. It's gonna be ugly.
Anarchistbear

The Christ.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
" My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven't heard her speak in tongues in years," he said. "I thought, look at my president! He's establishing the Lord's kingdom in the world."'*

The word she kept repeating was "Redrum! Redrum!"

*I guess it's no mystery how Televangelists separate these people from their money.

smh
the kid in the cemetery is from TheOmen oscar winner, right? skipped it, instead went for subversive Harlan Ellison's bomb "a boy and his dog" # dangerous visions / 60s LA Free Press "the glass teat" columnist
smh
myy president, back in the good old days of yore

video click bait sure, and worthy every penny..

NYCGOBEARS
sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

sycasey said:

That, plus he's stupid af and paralyzed by sociopathic narcissism.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS said:

sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

sycasey said:

That, plus he's stupid af and paralyzed by sociopathic narcissism.
Yeah, I should have said "lazy AND incompetent."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.