My President

75,333 Views | 811 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I bet Stephen Miller is a submissive little b@itch like Chuck on Billions.
The only b*tches I saw were kneeling

sycasey
okaydo said:

The thing about a silent majority is that it has to be a majority.

bearister
The Mad King making fun of Hillary's health was begging for bad karma:

*Live by the sword, die by the sword. Leave it to Never tRump Republicans to be that vicious. Democrats can learn from them. In the words of Erlich Bachman on Silicon Valley: "Don't bring p@iss to a sh@it fight."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister

smh
^ nice one B, impressive find
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
smh said:

^ nice one B, impressive find

My wife is on Twitter. She supplies the goodies.
smh
Go Better-Halves # beat the (fascist) covids
Yogi38
Silence
Yogi37
Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

Her own lawyer dumped her. Not promising
Some more on that:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/tara-reade-dropped-as-client-by-douglas-wigdor-a-trump-friendly-metoo-lawyer

Looks like this might be happening because Reade is also now being investigated for lying about her credentials while serving as an expert witness in domestic abuse cases. There's also this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

I still don't know if her claim is true or not. But I think if I were trying to build a case for it being true, I wouldn't want Reade as my key witness. There are a lot of incidents in the past where it seems like she lied about herself and/or tried to scam people.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's funny? You think anything I posted there was false?

Literally no response to the truth.
sycasey
Not Me - Us said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

Some more on that:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/tara-reade-dropped-as-client-by-douglas-wigdor-a-trump-friendly-metoo-lawyer

Looks like this might be happening because Reade is also now being investigated for lying about her credentials while serving as an expert witness in domestic abuse cases. There's also this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

I still don't know if her claim is true or not. But I think if I were trying to build a case for it being true, I wouldn't want Reade as my key witness. There are a lot of incidents in the past where it seems like she lied about herself and/or tried to scam people.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't think this video was worth responding to, because it's not "truth" in any sense, it's motivated reasoning from a show that clearly wants to find any reason to take down Biden and "the establishment." But fine, if you want to get into it . . .

It's completely ludicrous to suggest that Tara Reade is being "silenced" or that finding other people to speak to the veracity of her claims or to her trustworthiness constitutes "shaming." Is some of the reporting biased in favor of Biden? Sure. There are an equal number of outlets who would be biased against him and are entirely willing to host Reade and allow her to tell her story unchallenged. Several of them have done it already. Her story has been national news. She's not being silenced at all. If I'm going to get a full picture of this story I would want to examine material from both kinds of sources. Your contention seems to be that I should only pay attention to the anti-Biden sources, and then you call it "the truth." As the snippy Rising hosts might say, "Psh!"

I would also add that this Rising segment doesn't address the latest issue with Reade, which is that she seems to have falsified her own credentials and then testified in court based on those credentials. Krystal Ball also engages in a real oversimplification of the Politico story, which is not just about "her landlord" having an issue with late rent payments, but of MULTIPLE people over several years who felt like Reade had conned them. Does any of that prove that Joe Biden did not assault her? No, it doesn't. But it's still fair game to investigate material that speaks to her trustworthiness, if Reade is also asking the country to take her at her word. Presenting additional facts and/or testimony is not "shaming."
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

Not Me - Us said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

Some more on that:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't think this video was worth responding to, because it's not "truth" in any sense, it's motivated reasoning from a show that clearly wants to find any reason to take down Biden and "the establishment." But fine, if you want to get into it . . .

It's completely ludicrous to suggest that Tara Reade is being "silenced" or that finding other people to speak to the veracity of her claims or to her trustworthiness constitutes "shaming." Is some of the reporting biased in favor of Biden? Sure. There are an equal number of outlets who would be biased against him and are entirely willing to host Reade and allow her to tell her story unchallenged. Several of them have done it already. Her story has been national news. She's not being silenced at all. If I'm going to get a full picture of this story I would want to examine material from both kinds of sources. Your contention seems to be that I should only pay attention to the anti-Biden sources, and then you call it "the truth." As the snippy Rising hosts might say, "Psh!"

I would also add that this Rising segment doesn't address the latest issue with Reade, which is that she seems to have falsified her own credentials and then testified in court based on those credentials. Krystal Ball also engages in a real oversimplification of the Politico story, which is not just about "her landlord" having an issue with late rent payments, but of MULTIPLE people over several years who felt like Reade had conned them. Does any of that prove that Joe Biden did not assault her? No, it doesn't. But it's still fair game to investigate material that speaks to her trustworthiness, if Reade is also asking the country to take her at her word. Presenting additional facts and/or testimony is not "shaming."
Second verse, same as the first. That you don't see what you just said as more shaming while refusing to admit that your previous sources were aided and abetted by the Biden campaign just lays your hypocrisy that much more bare.
sycasey
Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Not Me - Us said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

Some more on that:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Second verse, same as the first. That you don't see what you just said as more shaming while refusing to admit that your previous sources were aided and abetted by the Biden campaign just lays your hypocrisy that much more bare.

No, I entirely accepted that they may have been abetted by the Biden campaign. I would not expect any less from any competent campaign. I would also expect the anti-Biden campaigns (be they right-wingers or far-left Bernie fans still upset about the primaries) to push their own narratives as much as possible. I want to discover, best as I can, the truth between those narratives.

You have just accepted one of them hook, line, and sinker, and then attempted to shame anyone who hasn't. You do you, but you're not convincing me or anyone else who doesn't already agree with you.
Yogi3
sycasey said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Not Me - Us said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

Some more on that:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, I entirely accepted that they may have been abetted by the Biden campaign. I would not expect any less from any competent campaign. I would also expect the anti-Biden campaigns (be they right-wingers or far-left Bernie fans still upset about the primaries) to push their own narratives as much as possible. I want to discover, best as I can, the truth between those narratives.

You have just accepted one of them hook, line, and sinker, and then attempted to shame anyone who hasn't. You do you, but you're not convincing me or anyone else who doesn't already agree with you.
Your willingness to remain blind to truth slapping you in the face doesn't impress me or anyone else who isn't already leading a fat comfortable existence and thinks going back to 2015 is exactly what this country needs.

You know - back when kids were in cages and police were still brutalizing African Americans and your party was shown to have fixed their own primary. That's just fine with you.
sycasey
Lucas Lee said:

You know - back when kids were in cages and police were still brutalizing African Americans and your party was shown to have fixed their own primary. That's just fine with you.
Any historical perusal of my positions on this board should demonstrate that I was not "fine" with those things, but you keep on making up your own positions to assign to other people. You're no different from GBear4Life in that regard.

The only thing I do disagree with is that the Democratic Party is competent enough to "fix" a primary. They are far too disorganized for that. The party leaders will show clear preferences, but there is no fixing of votes.
Yogi3
sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

Any historical perusal of my positions on this board should demonstrate that I was not "fine" with those things, but you keep on making up your own positions to assign to other people. You're no different from GBear4Life in that regard.

The only thing I do disagree with is that the Democratic Party is competent enough to "fix" a primary. They are far too disorganized for that. The party leaders will show clear preferences, but there is no fixing of votes.
They are competent enough to fix it. Just not competent enough to destroy the evidence.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/02/ex-dnc-chair-goes-at-the-clintons-alleging-hillarys-campaign-hijacked-dnc-during-primary-with-bernie-sanders/

None of this is news, of course.

This is your political position in 2020 in a nutshell.

sycasey
Lucas Lee said:

We're done here. Just don't make any more claims that I never tried to engage with your arguments. I'm sure you will, given your history of making up your own versions of what I believe, but I just wanted to put that on the record.
Yogi3
sycasey said:

Lucas Lee said:

We're done here. Just don't make any more claims that I never tried to engage with your arguments. I'm sure you will, given your history of making up your own versions of what I believe, but I just wanted to put that on the record.
If you think what you were doing was a serious attempt to engage me, then I'll let your words speak for themselves. I don't particularly care about engaging with you if you're not going to take it seriously.

But as far as you demonstrating that you lack the humility to consider that you've ever been wrong about things the way that I've been willing to consider that I've been wrong about things? I don't mind you shining a bright light on that. Many people on this forum already know that about you.
Yogi3
sycasey said:

There goes sycasey again. Twisting my words and telling me what I think. What he accuses everyone else of.

Cowardice masked as intellectualism.
bearister
okaydo

Yogi3
bearister said:

I know the feeling, as you became my ***** once I pointed out how stupid all your memes were.
dimitrig
okaydo said:

This is how the Russians manipulated people last election and we have done absolutely nothing to prevent it. Putin must be laughing so hard at the briefings he is given.
GBear4Life
Folks are all-in doing a 180 to protect their last hope to avenge Trump and end their TDS. All of a sudden #metoo claims need to be assessed critically lol
Yogi3
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

This is how the Russians manipulated people last election and we have done absolutely nothing to prevent it. Putin must be laughing so hard at the briefings he is given.

Our fears have been weaponized.

By both parties.

There is some actual nefarious activity that goes on from Russia, but it's mostly conspiracy theories that we eat up without checking to see if it's actually true.

There are things that are theoretically possible, but there's no concrete proof they've happened yet.

It's important to make these distinctions so that we can separate verifiable fact from nonsense.
GBear4Life
okaydo said:

Kristof just witnessed the left terrorize cities, ruining lives, causing deaths, and worst of all violating social distancing protocols.

And this guy is afraid of these harmless clowns if Trump wins (i.e. don't get their way)?

What a f'n weak, spineless a s s clown Kristof has become. And this guy is one of the most reputable columnists.
bearister

bearister
Lucas Lee said:

bearister said:

I know the feeling, as you became my ***** once I pointed out how stupid all your memes were.

...I knew I'd get to you eventually, junior.

Yogi3
bearister said:

Lucas Lee said:

bearister said:

...I knew I'd get to you eventually, junior.

Emotion is the enemy of logic. I got you to be emotional. Since I'm not emotional about you, I remain completely logical.

The favorite tactic of your average Off-Topic poster is by far:

okaydo

bearister
Suck on this, tRump!

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected President Donald Trump's effort to end legal protections for 650,000 young immigrants, a stunning rebuke to the president in the midst of his reelection campaign.

https://abc7news.com/politics/supreme-court-blocks-pres-trump-from-ending-daca/6253780/
okaydo
82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

Wow. Stunning.
sycasey
okaydo said:

All of that guy's wives are so talented.
Go!Bears
okaydo said:

Amazing how hard people will try to become Darwin Award candidates.
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.