Pac-12 commish George Kliavkoff visiiting SMU

117,293 Views | 1094 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by calumnus
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobodeluxe said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

The B1G is going to scoop up UNC and Virginia if the ACC doesn't stabilize in the next decade. Then they will have a nationwide conference with all the top academic public schools. Cal's only path forward is to join that group or basically give up on athletics. Alumni are not going to support a glorified MWC football team playing Fresno State, Nevada, Oregon State, and Washington State. That would be the absolute end, no question about it.
Alumni don't support the team now.
Alumni absolutely support the team now.

That support has been ridiculously hidden by horrific AD practices, such as incorporating Football Donations into the football general operating budget (i.e., keep football budget static) then using the moved football budget money to support non-revenue Olympic sports.

There have been recent changes to fix these issues. See NIL and the fund that's fully separate from the AD budget and the usage of which is 100% discretionary to the football HC.
CaliforniaEternal
Econ141 said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

The B1G is going to scoop up UNC and Virginia if the ACC doesn't stabilize in the next decade. Then they will have a nationwide conference with all the top academic public schools. Cal's only path forward is to join that group or basically give up on athletics. Alumni are not going to support a glorified MWC football team playing Fresno State, Nevada, Oregon State, and Washington State. That would be the absolute end, no question about it.

Spot on. Academics and Athletic branding are tied. We join the 90+% acceptance rate conference and you can kiss our brand goodbye. Better to close shop and focus exclusively on improving our academic reputation where it belongs - waaay above UCLA.

My fear is that our leadership has no clout, no connections, and no vision for how we ensure we get a seat in the power conference.

I am focused on enjoying the 2023 football season because after this it will be a fast decline.

The one thing I still have a hard time believing is that the bay area can be completely excluded from a super conference. You have two great academic institutions in a big media market where a ton of B1G alums love and would want to visit. Seems like a big opportunity to miss especially if you pressure cal and Stanford to up their game.
Correct, our leadership right now is totally clueless. People are telling them the only viable path forward is joining the B1G and it's not clear they get it. There is a lot of prestige gained from athletics. All of the top public universities have been able to leverage their brand in football or basketball to enhance the academic side, with Cal of course being the only exception apart from the other UCs.

I did forget that Texas joined the SEC and I think that's going to be really bad fit for them. They fit the B1G profile much better but I guess they wanted to stay tied to Oklahoma. If they had to redo that decision today I think they would choose the B1G.
wc22
Who says Virginia is that attractive to the B1G?
BearSD
tequila4kapp said:

Fresno may be better than SMU. SMU may be a bad add. But SMU offers the possibility of building a brand in a big market which happens to exist in a different time zone. When you (the P12 conference) are in dire straights you have to consider making speculative plays like this. To a certain extent, see Utah and ASU.
First, I agree that Fresno shouldn't be and won't be added now.

But, SMU is not a good choice, even as compared to Utah and Arizona State as you suggested.

At the time Utah was added, their football team had two recent undefeated, top 10 seasons. In the last of those, two years before they were invited to join the Pac, Utah's final ranking was #2 and they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

Similarly, Arizona State football, two years before they were invited to join the Pac, had an undefeated season, finished #2 in the polls, and beat Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

SMU has nothing like that in its recent history. Also, SMU is a relatively small private university, slightly smaller than Stanford, and they live in a market where football fan interest is dominated by the Dallas Cowboys and by three now-SEC teams (Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma), and on top of that there are also 4 Big 12 teams in Texas, two of which are within 100 miles of SMU.

SDSU is the strongest possible addition. If the Pac has to add another to reach an even number, my first choice would be AFA because they have a higher national profile (i.e., more TV-friendly) than anyone else the Pac could add. I'm pretty sure AFA isn't under consideration, though, and in that case I'd add only SDSU.
airspace
From the hinter lands of ohio.

Who says Virginia is that attractive to the B1G?

Here in Big 10 country, it was well know that Delaney wanted to add North Carolina and Virginia back when they added Maryland. Delaney had a fixation in getting into SE Atlantic Coast area by adding a few ACC schools. Virginia was not interested (close relations to UNC) and Georgia Tech turned down an offer to join. This allowed Rutgers to join with Maryland.

Believe if the ACC falls apart, Virginia and Georgia Tech would join. UNC is another story. If one looks at Florida State, they are doing everything they can to up research and try to gain AAU status. Their President was a Provost at Harvard. Everything looks like they want to go to the Big 10. Many people believe there have been talks between the Big 10 and Florida State.

FYI. If one looks at the Provosts (from the Big 10 schools) that make up the Big Ten Academic Alliance, there are a number of members that have ties to Stanford and California. Something.

calumnus
tequila4kapp said:

You keep saying the same things about Fresno. You continue to be wrong.

Fresno may add 4K more people in the seats. That is irrelevant.

Fresno offers no additive tv market therefore they are a non-starter. Full. Stop.

Fresno may be better than SMU. SMU may be a bad add. But SMU offers the possibility of building a brand in a big market which happens to exist in a different time zone. When you (the P12 conference) are in dire straights you have to consider making speculative plays like this. To a certain extent, see Utah and ASU.

The sweet spot is to get the conference big enough that it covers desirable tv markets in different time zones to make TV happy AND have divisions which promote geographic rivalries to make fans happy. Geographic rivalries are what makes the college football I (and likely you) grew up loving so great. But those days - in their old structure - are dead. It is all about TV markets and brands.

I believe you are slightly off on your prediction about the future of college football being 2 conferences. It will be some contrived entity (think NCAA) that covers all tv markets and has about 50-60 teams. The end game here is for the Big Boys to leave the NCAA, develop their own rules, develop their own / new governing model and to operate separately so they can keep all the real money to themselves. That isn't really viable with just 2 conferences. They need more geographic coverage to make tv work and they need more diversity to have lasting appeal within the marketplace. As is evidenced by the recent expansion of the CFP, people will only watch the same B10 and SEC teams so many times before it becomes boring. To put it simply - the Yankees of the world need the KC Royals of the world.

Given this likely future for college football the end game is To Be Among The Haves - the @60 teams that self govern. The ACC has too many valuable brands not to be a part of it in some fashion. So that means it is us vs. B12. We should win that battle hands down, but we could certainly lose it by doing stupid things like adding Fresno State and focusing on home games against SJS.

Given the above, my opinion is that a smart and forward thinking - but risky - approach would be to do something like this:
- Add 4 teams now (something like SDSU, SMU, RICE and maybe UNVL...markets and time zones). The conference Presidents have to get over themselves on academics here.
- Create 2 Divisions. Pacific (UW, WSU, UO, OSU, Cal, Furd, SDSU) and "Mountain/Desert/Texas" (CU, Utah, ASU, UA, SMU, RICE, UNLV)
- Merge with the ACC, which also splits into 2 divisions. For football purposes teams play 6 Division games against their own, 1 game each against the other divisions and 3 non-Con games. There could be tv reasons for doing 0 non-con games and instead playing 2 games each against the other divisions so that all tv content is conference product. Someone else suggested calling it the PACC (Pacific Atlantic Coastal Conference), which I like so I will borrow it here.

PACC, SEC, B10 and ND = 57 teams. That's in the range of that magic number for the future self governing entity. In this potential future world we crush the B12. They lose and are left no option other than to join the Mt West and AAC as the 2nd tier entity of college football...the future version of our current FCS division.

Something like that is the proper path forward, not adding Fresno State and becoming part of some ****ty glorified Mt. West Conference that pays each team 5m a year (in exchange for 4k extra fans...which equates to about 250K) and results in the Athletic Department shutting down all operations.

Great post. I agree, our strategy should be either: 1) join the B1G as part of a West Coast pod or 2) push Kliavkoff to create the PACC as the third super conference. We can work on both goals simultaneously.

Only if the above goals fail, and fail after years of trying, should we fall back to the PAC-12 just eating up MWC teams and becoming a regional, inferior, conference.

Oski87
BearSD said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

Tulane makes even less sense than CSU, and CSU is no worse a choice than SMU.

So, maybe add SDSU alone, or stay at 10 teams, IMO.

Not a fan of adding either but at least Tulane is an actual AAU member and theoretically adds New Orleans, whereas we already have Colorado.
"Least" is a good way to put it.

List of TV markets by size and number of TV homes. New Orleans is only the 50th largest TV market in the US, at 687,110 TV homes. Albuquerque is #49, with 720,750, so if we're going by that, New Mexico is a better addition than Tulane.

Las Vegas is #40 with 870,240 TV homes per Nielsen.

In contrast, San Diego's market size is comparable to Portland and Salt Lake City:
#22 Portland 1,293,400
#29 Salt Lake City 1,148,120
#30 San Diego 1,107,010

Tulane is AAU? That's nice for them, but not sufficient. Caltech is AAU.

Again: Add SDSU alone, or stay at 10 teams, unless there is a mountain of TV money on offer for adding someone else.

Tulane and Buffalo are the two G5 schools in the AAU. Tulane is a main rival for SMU. TCU is another. Regardless, Tulane has a significant endowment and per the athletic is the best of the remaining G5 teams left after the 4 left going to the big 12.
Bobodeluxe
Oski87 said:

BearSD said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

Not a fan of adding either but at least Tulane is an actual AAU member and theoretically adds New Orleans, whereas we already have Colorado.

List of TV markets by size and number of TV homes. New Orleans is only the 50th largest TV market in the US, at 687,110 TV homes. Albuquerque is #49, with 720,750, so if we're going by that, New Mexico is a better addition than Tulane.

In contrast, San Diego's market size is comparable to Portland and Salt Lake City:
#22 Portland 1,293,400
#30 San Diego 1,107,010

Again: Add SDSU alone, or stay at 10 teams, unless there is a mountain of TV money on offer for adding someone else.

Tulane and Buffalo are the two G5 schools in the AAU. Tulane is a main rival for SMU. TCU is another. Regardless, Tulane has a significant endowment and per the athletic is the best of the remaining G5 teams left after the 4 left going to the big 12.
Buffalo? Weren't they once a quarterback pipeline for us?
Hawaii Haas
Post-2020 is different than Post-2010 with nuances.

Again, contrarian here, but to some extent, "markets" become less relevant when:

1) you are acquiring the 3rd most popular school in the MSA (ie San Jose State of the mighty Bay Area); talking about SMU in Dallas

And

2) tv/cable carriage profit margins are going the way of the dinosaur with streaming taking more and more marketshare. Thus the Big 10 contract was Peak Cable (and maybe Pandemic mirage).

Wasn't the premise that a cable company in an area (Comcast/Xfinity for SF) had their infrastructure and thus had a monopoly or duopoly (AT&T vs Xfinity vs DirectTV vs Dish) and when ESPN, Fox, etc looked at eyeballs in their market, their sports channel is bundled with whatever cable package you choose and charged $X per month? So you have folks who never watch sports paying because their package includes that and say the channel that shows Desperate Housewives. With cable cutting and rising steaming use, anyone with an internet connection and membership to the streaming service can watch. The whole "Comcast owns the Bay Area or Cox owns Phoenix" is less relevant. So, the impact of this 3rd most popular school (or 4th?) in a big market is going to be less and less positive, as far as impact to media rights revenues.

Instead of viewer concentration in a given area being the key and thus market power for whatever sports channel that owns the rights to the conference media, streaming is decentralized and based on individual decisions. Sure there's still bundling with streaming, but different and less based on geography and physical infrastructure.

So, 200K fans in Central Valley CA or Hawaii is the same as 200K fans in the Dallas Metroplex in terms of revenue for a streaming service. With no physical infrastructure for a streaming service, there is little added market power based on geography.

The PAC-12 should double down on California and go regional and thus gain "network effects".

Hawaii Haas
tequila4kapp said:

HearstMining said:

Hawaii Haas said:

We can revisit this in the future. Too soon to give up on the Big Ten dream (or surviving Pac12 plan).

But, a big part of the problem with Cal (and many other schools) is college sports are less part of our lives than before. Most reasonable people would agree that regionalization would increase the exposure we have to college sports with work, family and social. Which is why the Big Game is so successful even in down years for both programs. Cal playing Stanford, SJSU, Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii every year (your place or mine) would do a lot to making Cal football more popular locally. Higher attendance, more regional viewership and following.

This is all lost in the money talk and prestige whoring. Yes, the money is driving this, but…

If Stanford was at our same level, despite the MWC heavy schedule, could that at least be more acceptable. Look in the mirror and ask yourselves.
TV contract is now the primary driver for $$ revenue. A cozy little regional conference including Cal, Stanford, SJSU, UNR, Fresno, etc, even if you include the Washington and Oregon schools isn't going to have large enough TV markets/ratings to draw the needed contract from TV broadcast. And stadium attendance isn't the success driver it once was.

I mean, look at 99% of the bowl games. The stadiums are empty. It is all about TV. That's where college football has headed. I do not like this. But pretending reality isn't reality is a great way to go from mostly irrelevant to extinct.

Bowl games are empty because:

- usually the home team is not playing

- weird untraditional matchups

- shorter time frame to plan the travel

- holiday travel is expensive and there are scheduling conflicts with family, etc

- cold weather

- easy access to tv

- bowl game tickets can be more expensive
Hawaii Haas
southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

I did not write this, but this is the opportunity staring us in the face. Wake up!

Fresno would be a great add for the PAC. Cal and Stanford would sell out every Fresno home game for years and Cal v Fresno is the ultimate rivalry game rarely played.

Cal is the ultimate snob public school and Fresno is the ultimate chip on your shoulder school. Cal sits in Pelosi's district v Fresno in McCarthy's. Cal is UC v Fresno is Cal State. Cal is Coastal City v Fresno is Central Valley. Cal is 14.4% acceptance rate v Fresno 97.3%.

It's the kind of rivalry that is any marketers wet dream residing in the largest state in the nation. But the snob academics that run the PAC-12 are too +++++ing stupid to realize their athletic conference is in the entertainment business. They deserve to be destroyed for their arrogance and could well be.
There is so much wrong with this statement.

First, Cal has played Fresno State and the games do NOT sell out nor do they sell particularly well. The game might sell out at Fresno where they feel particularly bitter towards Cal, but not at Cal where we have more seats to fill and aren't particularly concerned about Fresno.

Second, Cal is not in Pelosi's district. Cal is in Barbara Lee's district.

At least the Pac-12 snobs know how to count and read a map ....
Ok, let's dissect the statement and your inaccuracies.

Hawaii Haas wrote that it would sell out every Fresno home game. Well, the poster is right. It sold out in 1995. Back when, then, Bulldog Stadium, held 42,000 seats - it was sold out. And I was at that game.

Cal as snob school and Fresno State as chip school. Partly accurate. We're academic snobs. Fresno State's more mainstream now that it can and will play P12 and other OOC teams. So the chip is diminishing.

I'm not sure there's any bitterness towards Cal. If anything, its the "chip" to all schools that Fresno wants to "play up" to.

As for congressional districts - poster has it wrong. Fresno metro area and suburbs are in the 21st Cong. District. That's Jim Costa - a Democrat.

As for the rest, I think one thing posters on here are forgetting - well, some posters - is that there is no school in the P12's reach that enhances or brings more value to the brand. So, these rumors about SDSU, or SMU or UNLV - they're right - it likely won't bring more value to the brand than USC or UCLA. But value doesn't seem to be the focus anymore, its a regional imperative now. That is the only reason the B12 is looking at Fresno State.

So, if by some miracle the B12 takes Fresno State - what then? We just let the B12 cross a bridge into California. We have to start thinking that if we hear about one move, there's 3-4 moves behind the one we know about.

I get what everyone is saying about Fresno State. There's no upside. But, is there any upside where we are right now?
I'm not sure if that was directed at me or Hawaii Hass, but if you read my post, I said the game might sell out in Fresno so not sure which inaccuracies you're referring to there.

I said it wouldn't sell out at Cal and hasn't sold well in the past. Cal's interest in conference partners isn't how well Cal can help sell out their stadium, but how well they can help sell out Cal's stadium. That should be self-explanatory.

And in 1995, Fresno State played at Cal, not the other way around. And the attendance was 35,500. That is far from a sell out. Not sure what game you were at in 1995, but if it was in Fresno, it wasn't the Cal game.

And, according to the US Congress website, the Fresno State campus is in Kevin McCarthy's district, but, fair, the stadium is the only part of campus not in his district. Which is actually quite comical.

I also made no statement on Fresno State's value as a Pac-12 team. I just pointed out the ridiculous claim that playing Fresno State would increase fan interest in Berkeley. We've played Fresno Sate in Berkeley and it did no such thing.
My bad. I got the date wrong. It was 2000. And it did sell out. Might sell out? Come on bro. Games sell out when San Diego State comes here.

Oh man. Well, yeah its in his district. But he wins because the bulk of his district resides in foothills and in Bakersfield. That's what he reps. Bakersfield, not Fresno.

And the OP made no claim that it would increase fan interest in Berkeley. He said Cal and Stanford would sell out in Fresno.

I also made no statement that Fresno State added value. But while we're at it - they don't. What I did say is that the B12 isn't looking for value in the sense we are all talking about it - which is media value. Its looking at Fresno state as a regional in-road to California.

I wasn't speaking hesitantly like I was unsure whether Fresno State would sell out games against Cal. I was being intentionally flippant when I used the word "might" because no one in the Pac-12 cares how we'd help Fresno State sell out their games. It's immaterial.

It makes zero sense to mention that as a reason to add Fresno State to the conference. And your statement that the original poster made no claim that Fresno would increase fan interest in Berkeley is categorically false. Read his earlier post.

Quote:

Cal playing Stanford, SJSU, Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii every year (your place or mine) would do a lot to making Cal football more popular locally. Higher attendance, more regional viewership and following.

It's right there dude. The post is about how adding Fresno State would boost Cal.
Not sure where that quote came from. It didn't come from the post he wrote on 3/8/23 at 11:44am - and that's the one I've been going off of. Since you brought categories into this.

I can't tell the difference between your flippancy and seriousness. And no sh*t no one would care about Fresno State. This isn't about value. Get that through your head. There is no value to be added to the P12 by adding SDSU, Boise, SMU or Fresno State.

But just for kicks and giggles - since Fresno State travels quite well - we could probably get close to 40k into our stadium for a game like that. I mean - we rank 9th in the P12 in average attendance at around 38k for 2022. Fresno's good for about 2-5k traveling fans. Just sayin.

I asked around and 15K-20K travel to LA for the games there (USC? UCLA?) for Fresno fans. Bay Area might be closer central CA population centers.

I'm not the president of the Fresno St fan club. I'm a Hawaii and Cal fan.

I don't see what I'm writing about embracing possible regionalization is any different from the Dennis Dodd article thread that Cal and Stanford stays in the P12. The result would be the same, the P12 taking the best MWC teams.

At least, I'm trying to put a positive spin on an obvious crappy monetary loss from ****tier media deal.

The fact that we have to look back at 1995 to see Fresno or San Jose St playing at Cal - that's a problem.

I think in people's minds the CA4 teams (Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA) is a rivalry for the state, but it's a smaller sliver of concern for most in CA. California college football could have way more relevance to more Californians if the Cal States and Nevada-Reno, and even UNLV with a sprinkle of Hawaii.

This is the situation if the P12 falls apart. But also a part of why the P12 is less relevant to its fan base, and I'm talking about not just alumni but more regular sports fans (ie NFL fans).

Why would anyone object to transitioning from a national team to a regional one?

To the poster lamenting going from a "national brand" to a "regional brand", I think there are some delusions. All teams regardless of conference are regional brands. Some have a body of work that warrants national prominence. That's earned by going undefeated, being highly ranked consistently, having a cool logo and identity.

If you meant "national conference" vs "regional conference", then my argument is the same. The P12 is a regional conference, that sometimes could contend on the national stage when an individual program has a run.

southseasbear
Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

I did not write this, but this is the opportunity staring us in the face. Wake up!

Fresno would be a great add for the PAC. Cal and Stanford would sell out every Fresno home game for years and Cal v Fresno is the ultimate rivalry game rarely played.

Cal is the ultimate snob public school and Fresno is the ultimate chip on your shoulder school. Cal sits in Pelosi's district v Fresno in McCarthy's. Cal is UC v Fresno is Cal State. Cal is Coastal City v Fresno is Central Valley. Cal is 14.4% acceptance rate v Fresno 97.3%.

It's the kind of rivalry that is any marketers wet dream residing in the largest state in the nation. But the snob academics that run the PAC-12 are too +++++ing stupid to realize their athletic conference is in the entertainment business. They deserve to be destroyed for their arrogance and could well be.

First, Cal has played Fresno State and the games do NOT sell out nor do they sell particularly well. The game might sell out at Fresno where they feel particularly bitter towards Cal, but not at Cal where we have more seats to fill and aren't particularly concerned about Fresno.

Hawaii Haas wrote that it would sell out every Fresno home game. Well, the poster is right. It sold out in 1995. Back when, then, Bulldog Stadium, held 42,000 seats - it was sold out. And I was at that game.

Cal as snob school and Fresno State as chip school. Partly accurate. We're academic snobs. Fresno State's more mainstream now that it can and will play P12 and other OOC teams. So the chip is diminishing.

I'm not sure there's any bitterness towards Cal. If anything, its the "chip" to all schools that Fresno wants to "play up" to.

As for congressional districts - poster has it wrong. Fresno metro area and suburbs are in the 21st Cong. District. That's Jim Costa - a Democrat.

As for the rest, I think one thing posters on here are forgetting - well, some posters - is that there is no school in the P12's reach that enhances or brings more value to the brand. So, these rumors about SDSU, or SMU or UNLV - they're right - it likely won't bring more value to the brand than USC or UCLA. But value doesn't seem to be the focus anymore, its a regional imperative now. That is the only reason the B12 is looking at Fresno State.

So, if by some miracle the B12 takes Fresno State - what then? We just let the B12 cross a bridge into California. We have to start thinking that if we hear about one move, there's 3-4 moves behind the one we know about.

I get what everyone is saying about Fresno State. There's no upside. But, is there any upside where we are right now?
I'm not sure if that was directed at me or Hawaii Hass, but if you read my post, I said the game might sell out in Fresno so not sure which inaccuracies you're referring to there.

I said it wouldn't sell out at Cal and hasn't sold well in the past. Cal's interest in conference partners isn't how well Cal can help sell out their stadium, but how well they can help sell out Cal's stadium. That should be self-explanatory.

And in 1995, Fresno State played at Cal, not the other way around. And the attendance was 35,500. That is far from a sell out. Not sure what game you were at in 1995, but if it was in Fresno, it wasn't the Cal game.

And, according to the US Congress website, the Fresno State campus is in Kevin McCarthy's district, but, fair, the stadium is the only part of campus not in his district. Which is actually quite comical.

I also made no statement on Fresno State's value as a Pac-12 team. I just pointed out the ridiculous claim that playing Fresno State would increase fan interest in Berkeley. We've played Fresno Sate in Berkeley and it did no such thing.
My bad. I got the date wrong. It was 2000. And it did sell out. Might sell out? Come on bro. Games sell out when San Diego State comes here.

Oh man. Well, yeah its in his district. But he wins because the bulk of his district resides in foothills and in Bakersfield. That's what he reps. Bakersfield, not Fresno.

And the OP made no claim that it would increase fan interest in Berkeley. He said Cal and Stanford would sell out in Fresno.

I also made no statement that Fresno State added value. But while we're at it - they don't. What I did say is that the B12 isn't looking for value in the sense we are all talking about it - which is media value. Its looking at Fresno state as a regional in-road to California.

I wasn't speaking hesitantly like I was unsure whether Fresno State would sell out games against Cal. I was being intentionally flippant when I used the word "might" because no one in the Pac-12 cares how we'd help Fresno State sell out their games. It's immaterial.

It makes zero sense to mention that as a reason to add Fresno State to the conference. And your statement that the original poster made no claim that Fresno would increase fan interest in Berkeley is categorically false. Read his earlier post.

Quote:

Cal playing Stanford, SJSU, Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii every year (your place or mine) would do a lot to making Cal football more popular locally. Higher attendance, more regional viewership and following.

It's right there dude. The post is about how adding Fresno State would boost Cal.
Not sure where that quote came from. It didn't come from the post he wrote on 3/8/23 at 11:44am - and that's the one I've been going off of. Since you brought categories into this.

I can't tell the difference between your flippancy and seriousness. And no sh*t no one would care about Fresno State. This isn't about value. Get that through your head. There is no value to be added to the P12 by adding SDSU, Boise, SMU or Fresno State.

But just for kicks and giggles - since Fresno State travels quite well - we could probably get close to 40k into our stadium for a game like that. I mean - we rank 9th in the P12 in average attendance at around 38k for 2022. Fresno's good for about 2-5k traveling fans. Just sayin.

I asked around and 15K-20K travel to LA for the games there (USC? UCLA?) for Fresno fans. Bay Area might be closer central CA population centers.

I don't see what I'm writing about embracing possible regionalization is any different from the Dennis Dodd article thread that Cal and Stanford stays in the P12. The result would be the same, the P12 taking the best MWC teams.

At least, I'm trying to put a positive spin on an obvious crappy monetary loss from ****tier media deal.

The fact that we have to look back at 1995 to see Fresno or San Jose St playing at Cal - that's a problem.

I think in people's minds the CA4 teams (Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA) is a rivalry for the state, but it's a smaller sliver of concern for most in CA. California college football could have way more relevance to more Californians if the Cal States and Nevada-Reno, and even UNLV with a sprinkle of Hawaii.

This is the situation if the P12 falls apart. But also a part of why the P12 is less relevant to its fan base, and I'm talking about not just alumni but more regular sports fans (ie NFL fans).

Why would anyone object to transitioning from a national team to a regional one?

To the poster lamenting going from a "national brand" to a "regional brand", I think there are some delusions. All teams regardless of conference are regional brands. Some have a body of work that warrants national prominence. That's earned by going undefeated, being highly ranked consistently, having a cool logo and identity.

If you meant "national conference" vs "regional conference", then my argument is the same. The P12 is a regional conference, that sometimes could contend on the national stage when an individual program has a run.

Hold your breath: San Jose State and Fresno State are on the verge of making national runs!
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
berserkeley
Hawaii Haas said:

Post-2020 is different than Post-2010 with nuances.

Again, contrarian here, but to some extent, "markets" become less relevant when:

1) you are acquiring the 3rd most popular school in the MSA (ie San Jose State of the mighty Bay Area); talking about SMU in Dallas

And

2) tv/cable carriage profit margins are going the way of the dinosaur with streaming taking more and more marketshare. Thus the Big 10 contract was Peak Cable (and maybe Pandemic mirage).

Wasn't the premise that a cable company in an area (Comcast/Xfinity for SF) had their infrastructure and thus had a monopoly or duopoly (AT&T vs Xfinity vs DirectTV vs Dish) and when ESPN, Fox, etc looked at eyeballs in their market, their sports channel is bundled with whatever cable package you choose and charged $X per month? So you have folks who never watch sports paying because their package includes that and say the channel that shows Desperate Housewives. With cable cutting and rising steaming use, anyone with an internet connection and membership to the streaming service can watch. The whole "Comcast owns the Bay Area or Cox owns Phoenix" is less relevant. So, the impact of this 3rd most popular school (or 4th?) in a big market is going to be less and less positive, as far as impact to media rights revenues.

Instead of viewer concentration in a given area being the key and thus market power for whatever sports channel that owns the rights to the conference media, streaming is decentralized and based on individual decisions. Sure there's still bundling with streaming, but different and less based on geography and physical infrastructure.

So, 200K fans in Central Valley CA or Hawaii is the same as 200K fans in the Dallas Metroplex in terms of revenue for a streaming service. With no physical infrastructure for a streaming service, there is little added market power based on geography.

The PAC-12 should double down on California and go regional and thus gain "network effects".

You are grossly overestimating the interest the people of California have in sports. This is one of the most fair weather fan states. If any sports team isn't in the national title conversation, Californians are just not interested. If you create a conference or league that is automatically out of the national title picture, it stands no chance of gaining fan interest in this state.

If Cal were to play in a conference with Stanford, SJSU, Fresno State, SDSU, Nevada, UNLV, and either Hawaii or Davis, Cal would struggle to get 20K at their games. No one in Berkeley cares about San Jose, Fresno, or San Diego that they'd want to show up to watch our team beat theirs. Same goes for people in San Jose and San Diego.

For Cal, going regional will drive down attendance. And the money, coaches, and recruits will reflect it. Cal will not suddenly start winning in such a conference. If fans don't show up to watch us go .500 in the big leagues, they won't show up to watch Cal go .500 in the minors. Unfortunately, Cal may be forced into such a situation and it isn't clear that football would survive.
juarezbear
Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

Quote:

Since your name is HawaiiHaas I presume you're still smoking some grade a pakalolo. Before the LA schools fled, the Pac was a national conference - not regional. We've been crippled by the loss of SC/la. I agree with others who've advocated for a Pac 10/ACC Alliance. We'd then have the top 2 private schools with major sports (Furd and Duke) and 3 of the top 4 public schools (Cal, UVA, UNC).
Econ141
juarezbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

Quote:

Since your name is HawaiiHaas I presume you're still smoking some grade a pakalolo. Before the LA schools fled, the Pac was a national conference - not regional. We've been crippled by the loss of SC/la. I agree with others who've advocated for a Pac 10/ACC Alliance. We'd then have the top 2 private schools with major sports (Furd and Duke) and 3 of the top 4 public schools (Cal, UVA, UNC).

Outside of the early days after the LA move, I haven't heard of an PAC/acc merger or alliance being discussed outside of message boards. Is there any tangible evidence that this is even a discussion point George K is looking into?
Hawaii Haas
Econ141 said:

juarezbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

Quote:

Outside of the early days after the LA move, I haven't heard of an PAC/acc merger or alliance being discussed outside of message boards. Is there any tangible evidence that this is even a discussion point George K is looking into?

No, haven't heard of that at all, and I think it is less likely now. All I hear about them is their GOR high exit fees are creating some stability and Norte Dame loves being talked about.

Merger probability is prob less than 20% with USC/UCLA in the conference, and now less than 1%.

My pakalolo smoke might be causing a contact high.
Hawaii Haas
I've lurked on this board for several years with an occasional post, and I did go to Cal for grad school - but I can't say I really know the fan base like you do. If you think my suggestions would not work, then I'm ok with being called out as wrong.

The probability of some events have risen, others have fallen (P12-ACC merger), and things happen (USC/UCLA are gone - so not "National" conference, we disagree with the use of the word).

I'll just say, I have a way better perspective of life as a college football fan and booster of a G5 team (Hawaii/MWC) than you do.

It is a perspective.
philbert
Econ141 said:

juarezbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

Quote:

The former head of ESPN brought it up. Wilner discusses it in his recent mailbag.

What do you make of former ESPN chairman John Skipper's comments that the ACC and Pac-12 should merge and that would force a renegotiation of the ACC's deal with ESPN? @pfnnewmedia

Anytime Skipper addresses college sports realignment or media matters, we listen. And the concept of a bicoastal merger has been discussed (on the Hotline and elsewhere) since the immediate aftermath of USC and UCLA announcing their departures to the Big Ten.
However, we see a few hurdles.
The ACC's media deal with ESPN runs into 2036 and coincides with the grant-of-rights agreement that binds each school's media revenue to the conference. That, not the media contract itself, is holding the ACC together. So far, it has proven unbreakable.
As we see it, there are two outcomes to a merger:
The grant-of-rights remains in place as incoming Pac-12 schools commit to the partnership until 2036.

The grant-of-rights is broken in order to force a shorter contract cycle and a renegotiation of the ACC's current deal.
Both are problematic.
We cannot see Oregon or Washington (or Utah, for that matter) agreeing to a grant-of-rights deal into the mid-2030s. And if the agreement is broken, the ACC might collapse. Clemson and Florida State are unhappy with the revenue situation and would assuredly seek membership in the SEC.
Meanwhile, North Carolina would be a candidate for both the Big Ten and SEC.
The SEC isn't actively looking to add schools, but the dissolution of the ACC's grant-of-rights might change the landscape.
Could it happen? A majority of the ACC's 14 full-time members would need to approve it might require a supermajority vote because ESPN probably wouldn't break the deal willingly.
The terms are favorable for the network. If it can pay a reasonable amount for the Pac-12 and keep the ACC intact, why agree to a merged entity that could be more costly?
Is there a way to construct a merger that benefits ESPN in both value and duration? Perhaps. The scenario feels too complicated at the moment, but Skipper is, well, Skipper.
That said, the Hotline would not discount the potential for a merger down the road. In fact, much of the Pac-12's current calculation with its media rights negotiations is designed to set the conference up for the next stage in the evolution of college football.
That phase could begin in the late 2020s or early 2030s, at the start of the next media contract cycle for the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12.
In that world, the Big Ten doesn't create a western arm (with Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford), and the Pac-12 members are willing to sign a grant-of-rights deal into the mid-to-late 2030s.
If the Big Ten doesn't expand, the chances of the SEC growing again are diminished, adding stability on the ACC's side.
The Hotline has long thought the most likely future shape of college football featured the SEC and Big Ten with 20-to-24 members after they pluck the premium remaining brands on the two coasts and a third league of 24-to-26 teams that forms around the Big 12.
Key point: Only five football programs not committed to the SEC and Big Ten carry substantially above-average valuations: Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, Clemson and Florida State.
(Could that change by the end of the decade? Sure. Utah is the type of program that could raise its brand to the level necessary for an eventual move into the Big Ten or SEC.
(That's one reason the Utes are better off in the Pac-12: The best way to enhance long-term value is through playoff appearances, which are far easier for Kyle Whittingham and Co. in a 10-or-12 team Pac-12 that doesn't include USC than in a 16-team Big 12.)
However, we wouldn't dismiss the possibility of an alternative path featuring a merger of the coastal conferences and the Big 12, Big Ten and SEC remaining as they are.
In other words, the Power Five isn't destined to become the Power Three. It could morph into the Power Four.

southseasbear
Hawaii Haas said:

I've lurked on this board for several years with an occasional post, and I did go to Cal for grad school - but I can't say I really know the fan base like you do. If you think my suggestions would not work, then I'm ok with being called out as wrong.

The probability of some events have risen, others have fallen (P12-ACC merger), and things happen (USC/UCLA are gone - so not "National" conference, we disagree with the use of the word).

I'll just say, I have a way better perspective of life as a college football fan and booster of a G5 team (Hawaii/MWC) than you do.

It is a perspective.
Cal fans fill the stadiums (Memorial and Haas) when the team approaches national ranking. They find other things to do when we slip to mediocrity.

I attended Cal for 4 years during which I attended games. I continue to be season ticket holder despite having to drive 5-6 hours one way. The people who sit in front of me and behind me did not attend Cal and live closer to Sacramento. I asked why they don't attend Davis games. They said they prefer to see big-time football.

I can tell you from my experience, there will be no interests (other than a few diehards and the relatives of players) if the team joins a regional conference as you suggest. When is the last time you attended a game?
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
Bobodeluxe
Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.
Just a few dozen keyboard tappers. The overwhelming majority out there are with you.
tequila4kapp
Econ141 said:

juarezbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

philly1121 said:

berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

Quote:

No, I don't think there is any reason to suspect that type of move is in the works. Notably that move means one of the two commissioners loses their job. I think some of us are just putting out there that it's the kind of strategic move that should be considered.
Hawaii Haas
southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.
Cal fans fill the stadiums (Memorial and Haas) when the team approaches national ranking. They find other things to do when we slip to mediocrity.

I attended Cal for 4 years during which I attended games. I continue to be season ticket holder despite having to drive 5-6 hours one way. The people who sit in front of me and behind me did not attend Cal and live closer to Sacramento. I asked why they don't attend Davis games. They said they prefer to see big-time football.

I can tell you from my experience, there will be no interests (other than a few diehards and the relatives of players) if the team joins a regional conference as you suggest. When is the last time you attended a game?

Last game was prob the Ohio State game at War Memorial. I did go to Stanford for a Big Game after that. I forget what year.

My first "Cal" game I attended when Cal played at Hawaii in the 1990's. I was a kid back then.

I used to go to Cal Day with my kids and then the Spring Game when it was the same day. I liked that. Saw a Freshman WR Stovall light it up (later he would transfer to Hawaii, then Pitt).

In 2007, Hawaii and Cal both had the makings of a dream season and I bet a Cal fan who was my coworker which team would finish ranked higher. I won a lunch at One Market.

I'm just too busy with kids stuff on weekends (so I don't golf either), but would love to attend another Cal game. Between grad school alumni outreach and friends and business partners, I get invited to go 1-2 times a season.

I love Cal. Bought a Cal Beanie when I first moved from Hawaii to SF at a Niners game parking lot. I used to attend student conferences long before even thinking about grad school. And long before grad school, I drank beers at Bears Lair when USC came to town, just to experience what Big Time college football was on a big time campus. I get the allure.

I've worked with people who grew up in the East Bay but went to Ivy League schools, but root for Cal.

From my perspective, since I shown some of my cred or lack of, I think if Cal and Stanford stay in a depleted PAC-12 (with or without UW/UO), the same folks from Sacramento with no affiliation to Cal, will still attend a Cal game to witness "big time" football. USC was a draw, I get that. I think "big time" will get redefined as the landscape changes, but Cal and Stanford in NorCal will always be a little more big time than the other regional schools.

If Cal was ranked, people will come. G5 schools get ranked all the time. Would people come? I think yes. There is a conference title to play for and playoff/national championship.

To be honest, I would rather watch in person or on tv, Cal vs Fresno or Nevada than Cal vs Utah or ASU. Other than Oregon having Mariota, I don't care about them either. The conference storyline doesn't appeal to me. It's impersonal.

I want to see cars and RVs lined up coming from Reno or Fresno to the Bay Area for a good old fashion brutal football game (where they would park in Berkeley though? So maybe neutral site in Santa Clara).

That driving distance proximity is key (sorry Southwest btw I'm A-List Preferred, 50+ flights in 2019). That's why games in the Southeast or Texas are so popular - ultimately it's because of driving proximity.

The West is spread out. Ok. But the last time SJSU or Fresno played at Cal was 1995? The sob-ery is the downfall.

You want a boost in attendance and interest - go regional.

You want to win in the next war for 3rd or 4th best conference? Penetrate deeper into your most valuable markets (California). Peak Cable so Streaming. Forget the Big 10 deal, that is yesterday's valuation. And then Win. Win games. Win OCC and Bowls and playoff games. Regionalization if done right will keep talent in California.

If the Big 10 doesn't come calling, this is Cal's best plan at the moment. I see a new P12 conference with a lower minimum revenue share and then a meritocracy for higher revenue for the top brands.

I see Cal having an Expense problem making tough choices. I don't see football being cut since football still is the highest revenue producer of any college sport. Also, the bonds for the War Memorial repair would require some revenue. I can see UCLA giving some Big10 revenue to Cal. I can also see Cal being ranked higher than UCLA more often. I can see your attitudes will change over time. Cal will lose some of you, but maybe gain a few new fans as well.
berserkeley
Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.

I don't think it's Cal fans as much as it is Californians. There is too much competition here for our attention because we have so much money, fair weather all year long, and a wide variety of ecosystems. And this is particularly true for LA and the Bay Area.

We have the beach, the mountains, the desert. We have great hiking within our city limits. We have popular National Parks, amusement parks, museums, play houses, and a ton of weekend getaway spots. We have teams who've recent national titles in every professional sport. Since 2000, California tems are 10-4 in NBA finals, 5-3 in the World Seires playing against itself once, 3-2 in the Stanley Cup, 1-4 in the Super Bowl, and 8-2 in the MLS championship. There's just too much competition here for time and money, you have to be special to get us to notice you.
berserkeley
Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.

Last game was prob the Ohio State game at War Memorial. I did go to Stanford for a Big Game after that. I forget what year.

My first "Cal" game I attended when Cal played at Hawaii in the 1990's. I was a kid back then.

I used to go to Cal Day with my kids and then the Spring Game when it was the same day. I liked that. Saw a Freshman WR Stovall light it up (later he would transfer to Hawaii, then Pitt).

In 2007, Hawaii and Cal both had the makings of a dream season and I bet a Cal fan who was my coworker which team would finish ranked higher. I won a lunch at One Market.

I'm just too busy with kids stuff on weekends (so I don't golf either), but would love to attend another Cal game. Between grad school alumni outreach and friends and business partners, I get invited to go 1-2 times a season.

I love Cal. Bought a Cal Beanie when I first moved from Hawaii to SF at a Niners game parking lot. I used to attend student conferences long before even thinking about grad school. And long before grad school, I drank beers at Bears Lair when USC came to town, just to experience what Big Time college football was on a big time campus. I get the allure.

I've worked with people who grew up in the East Bay but went to Ivy League schools, but root for Cal.

From my perspective, since I shown some of my cred or lack of, I think if Cal and Stanford stay in a depleted PAC-12 (with or without UW/UO), the same folks from Sacramento with no affiliation to Cal, will still attend a Cal game to witness "big time" football. USC was a draw, I get that. I think "big time" will get redefined as the landscape changes, but Cal and Stanford in NorCal will always be a little more big time than the other regional schools.

If Cal was ranked, people will come. G5 schools get ranked all the time. Would people come? I think yes. There is a conference title to play for and playoff/national championship.

To be honest, I would rather watch in person or on tv, Cal vs Fresno or Nevada than Cal vs Utah or ASU. Other than Oregon having Mariota, I don't care about them either. The conference storyline doesn't appeal to me. It's impersonal.

I want to see cars and RVs lined up coming from Reno or Fresno to the Bay Area for a good old fashion brutal football game (where they would park in Berkeley though? So maybe neutral site in Santa Clara).

That driving distance proximity is key (sorry Southwest btw I'm A-List Preferred, 50+ flights in 2019). That's why games in the Southeast or Texas are so popular - ultimately it's because of driving proximity.

The West is spread out. Ok. But the last time SJSU or Fresno played at Cal was 1995? The sob-ery is the downfall.

You want to win in the next war for 3rd or 4th best conference? Penetrate deeper into your most valuable markets (California). Peak Cable so Streaming. Forget the Big 10 deal, that is yesterday's valuation. And then Win. Win games. Win OCC and Bowls and playoff games. Regionalization if done right will keep talent in California.

If the Big 10 doesn't come calling, this is Cal's best plan at the moment. I see a new P12 conference with a lower minimum revenue share and then a meritocracy for higher revenue for the top brands.

I see Cal having an Expense problem making tough choices. I don't see football being cut since football still is the highest revenue producer of any college sport. Also, the bonds for the War Memorial repair would require some revenue. I can see UCLA giving some Big10 revenue to Cal. I can also see Cal being ranked higher than UCLA more often. I can see your attitudes will change over time. Cal will lose some of you, but maybe gain a few new fans as well.

Cal did play Fresno State in SF in 2011; Cal did not have a stadium in Berkeley that year. Cal has also hosted Sac State and Davis and Nevada multiple times.

And if the Big Ten doesn't come calling for Cal, the MWC is probably Cal's best option because it's the only option.
Hawaii Haas
berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.

Cal did play Fresno State in SF in 2011; Cal did not have a stadium in Berkeley that year. Cal has also hosted Sac State and Davis and Nevada multiple times.

And if the Big Ten doesn't come calling for Cal, the MWC is probably Cal's best option because it's the only option.

I didn't write this, but a Fresno fan said this about the 2011 game:

We outdrew Cal for a neutral site game at Candlestick in 2011 almost 2:1. We probably had close to 20k of the 31k that attended... I just wish the result was better.

So, if that game was played in Berkeley, could add 20K from the Fresno fans (although where's the parking, that's a problem).
movielover
You mentioned your Sacramento neighbors.

#20 Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto 1,502,080
#22 Portland 1,293,400
#30 San Diego 1,107,010
HateRed
Surely the San Diego population figures don't include the east and northern suburbs?
calumnus
berserkeley said:

Hawaii Haas said:

southseasbear said:

Hawaii Haas said:

It is a perspective.

If the B1G "doesn't come calling for Cal" the options are: 1) merge the remaining PAC-12 teams with the ACC as the West Coast pod, 2) the PAC-12 raids the MWC for members or even 3) Go independent.

Thus joining the MWC conference would not only not be the "only" option, it would be superseded by option #2, the PAC-12 raiding the MWC. Now you might argue that is a distinction without a difference as the teams we might be playing could easily be Oregon State, Washington State, San Diego State, Bosie State, Nevada, UNLV, Hawaii, Fresno State… but it would be under the banner of the PAC-10, and if we win the conference we are most likely in the CFP.
ferCALgm2
Cool flashback about the Fresno St vs Cal game, it was Carr's first start as a Bulldog

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/new-carr-takes-over-as-fresno-st-qb-vs-cal

P.S. It was a cool memory and all being there to watch the game, but even being from the Central Valley and growing up partial to the Bulldogs, I wouldn't want them in the same conference as Cal.
BearSD
Oski87 said:

BearSD said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

#22 Portland 1,293,400
#30 San Diego 1,107,010

Nope. Buffalo, Rice, and Tulane are all AAU. Tulane is not a main rival for SMU.

And the Pac shouldn't give a fig whether they're in AAU.

The Pac should only consider whether a prospective member will generate big TV dollars that will lead to the existing Pac members making more money than they would make without expanding. None of those schools meet that criterion, so none should be added.
BigDaddy
CaliforniaEternal said:

Jim Delaney always coveted UNC and UVA. But the Tarheels want an SEC invite for the regional connection UNC upper management feels like it's a better fit.

Virginia very likely to go the B1G route when the ACC finally breaks up.
“My tastes are simple; I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill
tequila4kapp
BearSD said:

Oski87 said:

BearSD said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

#22 Portland 1,293,400
#30 San Diego 1,107,010

Nope. Buffalo, Rice, and Tulane are all AAU. Tulane is not a main rival for SMU.

The Pac should only consider whether a prospective member will generate big TV dollars that will lead to the existing Pac members making more money than they would make without expanding. None of those schools meet that criterion, so none should be added.
If that's the criteria then the P12 is dead. We reportedly do not have enough teams to generate sufficient content for the tv people. There are no schools that are currently additive. So we either make a speculative play to build future brand / market with these schools that otherwise fit our football / tv needs or we close up shop.
BearSD
tequila4kapp said:

BearSD said:

Oski87 said:

BearSD said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

#22 Portland 1,293,400
#30 San Diego 1,107,010

If that's the criteria then the P12 is dead. We reportedly do not have enough teams to generate sufficient content for the tv people. There are no schools that are currently additive. So we either make a speculative play to build future brand / market with these schools that otherwise fit our football / tv needs or we close up shop.
Reported by whom? The liars spreading falsehoods on social media?

The presidents and commissioner aren't talking, but they know whether TV will demand more teams, and hopefully they won't add any new teams unless it's absolutely necessary for TV.
calumnus
BigDaddy said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

Jim Delaney always coveted UNC and UVA. But the Tarheels want an SEC invite for the regional connection UNC upper management feels like it's a better fit.

Virginia very likely to go the B1G route when the ACC finally breaks up.

It is clearly in the interest of both the PAC-12 and ACC commissioners to come up with a deal.
movielover
Is there a university in Beijing that fields 20 American sports?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.