Biden implicated

73,829 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by bear2034
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

The term "Biden Crime Family" is yet another example of tRump's and the Right's child like lack of creativity ("I'm not a poo poo head, your a poo poo head.") The term "tRump Crime Family" was coined years ago and tRump clearly liked the sound of it.

Example from 2018 (but it goes back much further, and in the case of the tRump's, it is actually accurate):

Michael Cohen and the Busting of the Trump Crime Family

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/04/michael-cohen-and-the-busting-of-the-trump-crime-family.html

*"An analysis of the President's first 30,000 words uttered in office found Mr Trump speaks at a third- to seventh-grade reading level lower than any other President since 1929."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-language-level-speaking-skills-age-eight-year-old-vocabulary-analysis-a8149926.html#

Trump is a pioneer in that respect, whether he knows it or not, because with each new year, many more of our young reach the age when they are allowed to vote, and each new year we hear that more and more of our young are not able to read or speak at grade level, and so to reach these kids, and sell their policies and themselves, aspiring candidates for public office might do well to dumb down their own approach. My old high school basketball coach, addressing our team after a mediocre season, said it best: "Well, men, I had to keep it simple this season. Simple plays for simple minds."
SFCityBear
bearister
I'm thinking Ireland or Canada. How did this once great country end up with no other choices for POTUS?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Hunter Biden business partner Devin Archer will testify end of the month. Is this the UniParty taking out Biden for Newsom? FWIW, Archer did time.

Unit2Sucks
Even if Hunter is found guilty and imprisoned (presumably for making old white Republican men look at pictures of his hog all day long) he can still run for President.

But I won't vote for Hunter. No way no how. Fortunately, none of this stuff impacts the choice voters have in 2024.

I do get why the GOP is so hysterical about Hunter (setting aside for a moment their obsession with his hog). Joe is pretty boring and will beat Trump again (and Newsom or whomever will beat Trump in 2028) unless they can gin up some deus ex machina. That's why Trump and Rudy G tried so hard to convince Zelensky to corruptly announce a baseless investigation into the Bidens. Trump has always known that he can't beat Biden and nothing has changed. The GOP's only hope is to con the public by making up garbage about the Bidens.

The fact that there has been a reversal in a lot of the trends that the GOP had hoped would continue is only going to make Biden's defeat of Trump more dominant.

The facts speak for themselves:
  • Inflation is coming back down (just 0.2% month over month in June, ~3% overall)
  • unemployment remains low
  • the "recession" that the GOP gleefully celebrated in 2022 never actually happened (proving Biden and his economists correct) and almost miraculously it appears the Fed's tightening won't cause one
  • the increase in border crossings post-Title 42 that the GOP hoped for never happened
  • Biden ended the forever war in Afghanistan without any post-withdrawal disasters (the one awful bombing aside)
  • Biden's support for Ukraine remains popular so even the GOP has to support it
  • SCOTUS' decision in Dobbs remains incredibly unpopular and beneficial for Biden (although democrats would much rather SCOTUS hadn't acted as un-american radical clerics, it is what it is)
  • NATO is stronger than ever and Trump's anti-NATO pro-Putin sentiment look even worse now
  • America is starting to see the benefits from a lot of the legislation that Biden was able to pass - CHIPs, infrastructure, etc. all of which were opposed by Trump and the GOP even as they now celebrate the benefits for their states that they voted against
  • the anti-woke nonsense continues to be a massive loser for the GOP - look at Desantis implosion for proof of that
  • As MGT has shown - all of the things the GOP criticized are widely popular in America.

All Trump has is red hats, rallies and hate. It wasn't enough in 2020 and it's only looking worse now. The GOP doesn't have anyone even close to defeating Trump and while any convictions will make him even more unelectable against Biden, they will only make him more unbeatable in the GOP primary.

The deplorables lost and they just keep doubling down.
Cal88
bearister said:

I'm thinking Ireland or Canada. How did this once great country end up with no other choices for POTUS?
https://www.mic.com/articles/87719/princeton-concludes-what-kind-of-government-america-really-has-and-it-s-not-a-democracy

The news: A scientific study from Princeton researcher Martin Gilens and Northwestern researcher Benjamin I. Page has finally put some science behind the recently popular argument that the United States isn't a democracy any more. And they've found that in fact, America is basically an oligarchy.

An oligarchy is a system where power is effectively wielded by a small number of individuals defined by their status called oligarchs. Members of the oligarchy are the rich, the well connected and the politically powerful, as well as particularly well placed individuals in institutions like banking and finance or the military.
OsoDorado
Unit2Sucks said:

Even if Hunter is found guilty and imprisoned (presumably for making old white Republican men look at pictures of his hog all day long) he can still run for President.

But I won't vote for Hunter. No way no how. Fortunately, none of this stuff impacts the choice voters have in 2024.

I do get why the GOP is so hysterical about Hunter (setting aside for a moment their obsession with his hog). Joe is pretty boring and will beat Trump again (and Newsom or whomever will beat Trump in 2028) unless they can gin up some deus ex machina. That's why Trump and Rudy G tried so hard to convince Zelensky to corruptly announce a baseless investigation into the Bidens. Trump has always known that he can't beat Biden and nothing has changed. The GOP's only hope is to con the public by making up garbage about the Bidens.

The fact that there has been a reversal in a lot of the trends that the GOP had hoped would continue is only going to make Biden's defeat of Trump more dominant.

• Inflation is coming back down (just 0.2% month over month in June, ~3% overall)
  • the "recession" that the GOP gleefully celebrated in 2022 never actually happened (proving Biden and his economists correct) and almost miraculously it appears the Fed's tightening won't cause one
  • the increase in border crossings post-Title 42 that the GOP hoped for never happened
  • Biden ended the forever war in Afghanistan without any post-withdrawal disasters (the one awful bombing aside)
  • SCOTUS' decision in Dobbs remains incredibly unpopular and beneficial for Biden (although democrats would much rather SCOTUS hadn't acted as un-american radical clerics, it is what it is)
  • NATO is stronger than ever and Trump's anti-NATO pro-Putin sentiment look even worse now
  • America is starting to see the benefits from a lot of the legislation that Biden was able to pass - CHIPs, infrastructure, etc. all of which were opposed by Trump and the GOP even as they now celebrate the benefits for their states that they voted against
  • the anti-woke nonsense continues to be a massive loser for the GOP - look at Desantis implosion for proof of that
  • As MGT has shown - all of the things the GOP criticized are widely popular in America.

All Trump has is red hats, rallies and hate. It wasn't enough in 2020 and it's only looking worse now. The GOP doesn't have anyone even close to defeating Trump and while any convictions will make him even more unelectable against Biden, they will only make him more unbeatable in the GOP primary.

Awesome post. Almost unassailable. Perhaps my only nitpick is with the idea that "Newsom or whomever will beat Trump in 2028 ...."

I would have rephrased this as "Newsom or whomever will beat any Republican candidate in 2028 ...." As popular as Trump is with his MAGA base, it is extremely unlikely he would be nominated yet again after losing to Biden twice.
Eastern Oregon Bear
OsoDorado said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Awesome post. Almost unassailable. Perhaps my only nitpick is with the idea that "Newsom or whomever will beat Trump in 2028 ...."

I would have rephrased this as "Newsom or whomever will beat any Republican candidate in 2028 ...." As popular as Trump is with his MAGA base, it is extremely unlikely he would be nominated yet again after losing to Biden twice.
Never underestimate the deplorables ability to ridicule one 82 year old candidate while voting for a different 82 year old candidate.
movielover
Unit2Sucks
OsoDorado said:

Unit2Sucks said:

So long as Trump is alive he will never permit another GOPer to have the spotlight. Since axxholes live forever, I assume Trump will be around in 2028 and he will destroy whoever the front runner is.

His base is full of pathetic losers and they will continue to ride or die with him, losing all the way.
movielover
Another day, more juvenile stoner name calling from U2S.

Orange Man didn't take us into a proxy war with Russia; no, he inked 5 Mideast Peace deals. *Truth*
movielover
The Federalist: Here Are All The People Who Have Corroborated Biden Family Corruption

BY: JORDAN BOYD
JULY 25, 2023

https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/25/here-are-all-the-people-who-have-corroborated-biden-family-corruption/
movielover
Hunter Biden Art Buyer Revealed As A Major Democrat Donor And Joe Biden Appointee

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
JULY 25, 2023

https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/25/hunter-biden-art-buyer-revealed-as-a-major-democrat-donor-and-joe-biden-appointee/
tequila4kapp
Unit2Sucks said:

I do get why the GOP is so hysterical about Hunter (setting aside for a moment their obsession with his hog).
I am not a fan of Trump AND I am very disturbed by the Hunter / Joe Biden stuff. I am disturbed because it is rather obvious that the instruments of government are being used to enable and protect criminal activity, only because of politics. That is flat out wrong and un-American.

How often does a person that lies on a gun application and illegally possesses a firearm get the diversion program (answer: zero, except HB)? How often do judges uncover likely off the record components of a plea deal, question the constitutionality of a plea deal and refuse plea deals? (Answer: virtually never). The DOJ deal and FBI behavior with regard to Hunter are absurd and demonstrate a bifurcated justice system based on party affiliation.

Also, it may turn out to be true that the current President is corrupt.. If true that means prior illegal activity and future vulnerability to manipulation from foreign countries. This is potentially serious stuff.

NONE of that goes away because of the list of positive factors you see in the economy and society.
movielover
Only $17 Million from CCP China, Ukraine, and Romania - that we know of - with nothing of substance in return.
Cal88
^What about Hunter's paintings? Who can put a sticker price on such a valuable art?? No one really (well except the occasional political operatives laundering kickbacks... )
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I do get why the GOP is so hysterical about Hunter (setting aside for a moment their obsession with his hog).
I am not a fan of Trump AND I am very disturbed by the Hunter / Joe Biden stuff. I am disturbed because it is rather obvious that the instruments of government are being used to enable and protect criminal activity, only because of politics. That is flat out wrong and un-American.

How often does a person that lies on a gun application and illegally possesses a firearm get the diversion program (answer: zero, except HB)? How often do judges uncover likely off the record components of a plea deal, question the constitutionality of a plea deal and refuse plea deals? (Answer: virtually never). The DOJ deal and FBI behavior with regard to Hunter are absurd and demonstrate a bifurcated justice system based on party affiliation.

Also, it may turn out to be true that the current President is corrupt.. If true that means prior illegal activity and future vulnerability to manipulation for foreign countries. This is potentially serious stuff.

NONE of that goes away because of the list of positive factors you see in the economy and society.
If Biden is corrupt, he should be impeached, convicted and he should face the criminal justice system. I haven't heard anyone claim otherwise.

The problem is that all we've seen thus far is hysterics from the right and a lot of pumped up "whistleblowers" with no substance. When pushed, it turns out a few of the whistleblowers have recanted or have flat out gone dark. It's not a great look for the GOP considering how they continuously oversell.

Trump was literally impeached for corruptly demanding that Zelensky announce a baseless investigation into Biden. The predicate is largely based on Biden's role in asking Ukraine to remove a corrupt prosecutor which was the official position of the federal government (and other countries in the west) and was favored by a bipartisan group of senators.

It's been all BS from the get go from the GOP on this, so forgive us for being skeptical.

I also think it's important to separate the potentially serious stuff (actual corruption, if it actually exists) from the tax and gun stuff that you are referring to. The tax and gun stuff aren't always prosecuted, not by a long shot. I've seen it said they are rarely prosecuted, but I don't think the details here matter. It speaks to Hunter being a dirtbag sh(thead. He makes a cokehead like Trump Jr. look like Jimmy Carter. But there was no reasonable allegation of Biden or democrat corruption in the prosecution of Hunter. The whistleblower business is all about what hapened under Trump's administration, not Biden's.

Even their favorite "whistleblower" acknowledges that it's common for the DOJ to disagree with his charging recommendations. He said "vast majority."

GoOskie
Unit2Sucks said:

The problem is that all we've seen thus far is hysterics from the right

It's not hysterics. It's just a straight up full blown propaganda campaign. They had promised as much when Biden was elected. Same thing they did against President Clinton and, later on, Hillary Clinton.
movielover
GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It's not hysterics. It's just a straight up full blown propaganda campaign. They had promised as much when Biden was elected. Same thing they did against President Clinton and, later on, Hillary Clinton.

Can you please name the other VPs or presidential candidates that received $17 Million from China and Ukraine - for nothing of tangible value?
movielover
Seasoned attorney weighs in on recent Hunter Biden plea deal limbo.

GoOskie
movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Can you please name the other VPs or presidential candidates that received $17 Million from China and Ukraine - for nothing of tangible value?
Have a look at the Trump family deals. And the Bush family deals. Hell, any politician's dealings. Republicans act like they were born last year and act like they've never heard of the concept of political connections.
movielover
That's not an answer. Bush was 14 years ago and I haven't heard of any massive hauls.
calpoly
tequila4kapp said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Also, it may turn out to be true that the current President is corrupt.. If true that means prior illegal activity and future vulnerability to manipulation from foreign countries. This is potentially serious stuff.

You said "I am not a fan of Trump AND I am very disturbed by the Hunter / Joe Biden stuff. "

Really? I don't remember hearing the OUTRAGE from you over trump but you certainly are ready to convict Joe Biden without any proof.

bearister
AOCIA said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Have a look at the Trump family deals. And the Bush family deals. Hell, any politician's dealings. Republicans act like they were born last year and act like they've never heard of the concept of political connections.
Dumbocrat whataboutism strikes again!

You never even arrive at whataboutism. Any comparison of tRump with anyone but an old school mafiosi is a false equivalence.

bearister

"You tell Fatso that Jack Smith is coming for him, AND THAT HELL IS COMING WITH HIM!"
movielover
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

AOCIA said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Dumbocrat whataboutism strikes again!

You never even arrive at whataboutism. Any comparison of tRump with anyone but an old school mafiosi is a false equivalence.

Once again Trump has absolute morons representing him. It's no wonder, given how bad the facts are for him and that despite him grifting millions from his morons for his defense, he still will find a way to stiff his lawyers while exposing them to criminal liability.

And he and they just continue to make it worse.

bearister

movielover
OdontoBear66
GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Trump and Bush were last year...Biden is our current compromised President....Proof not complete but building quickly...Keep tuned
calpoly
OdontoBear66 said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Trump and Bush were last year...Biden is our current compromised President....Proof not complete but building quickly...Keep tuned
Trump was last year? Certainly made headlines tonight.

Here is a correction for you: "Proof not complete coming but we will make sh** up quickly...Keep tuned"
SFCityBear
OdontoBear66 said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It seems like there is more smoke here, and the likelihood that there is a fire is increasing. Republicans, even their propagandists, are not smart enough or mean enough to make all of this stuff up. If there is substance, they still have to get past, the courts, the Senate, and a clearly weaponized DOJ and FBI. A tall order, to say the least.
SFCityBear
OdontoBear66
SFCityBear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It seems like there is more smoke here, and the likelihood that there is a fire is increasing. Republicans, even their propagandists, are not smart enough or mean enough to make all of this stuff up. If there is substance, they still have to get past, the courts, the Senate, and a clearly weaponized DOJ and FBI. A tall order, to say the least.
You might add the media snuffing all mention of the reasons for any discussion of this matter.
AunBear89
Wow! Right Wing clowns in the GQP clown car party just lap up all the Right Wing media talking points and then come here to spit them up all over BI.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GoOskie
OdontoBear66 said:

GoOskie said:

movielover said:

GoOskie said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Haha. Yea right. I'll await with bated breath for the "evidence". Meanwhile, republican clowns continue to bleat about absolutely nothing.
Unit2Sucks
GoOskie said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Haha. Yea right. I'll await with bated breath for the "evidence". Meanwhile, republican clowns continue to bleat about absolutely nothing.
I guess "moderates" are more concerned with crimes by Biden's son (who has no role in our government) than they are with Trump's grave national security crimes. Is there anyone who can defend any of the conduct that Trump is alleged to have done? Stealing national defense information. Sharing it with biographers and others because he wants to show off while attacking his enemies (most of whom he appointed in his administration)? This is defensible for "moderates"? Ordering security tapes destroyed? Ordering his lawyers to lie to investigators? Pretending that he declassified documents that he never did? Moving them from place to place to avoid the government taking them back? These are the same "moderates" who lost their minds over Hillary's emails (which were non-substantive and related to her travel schedule and some minor calls she had with dignitaries. Trump has proven himself over and over again to be completely unfit for the office and never in a million years should have access to classified materials or national defense information of any importance.

The idea that Trump is being prosecuted for some extremely brazen illegality (you know what we used to do to spies right?) in order to distract from comparatively meaningless crimes by Hunter is some hilarious sh(t. Does anyone really think that Hunter's tax cries are worse than Trump's tax crimes? I mean, Trump's business was recently convicted of far more serious tax fraud than Hunter's non-payment and not a single "moderate" seemed to care about that.

Anyone who allows Trump's messaging about Hunter Biden to distract them from his massive criminality has lost all credibility as an independent thinker. I would prefer they just say they will continue to vote GOP because they want lower taxes rather than pretending to be "moderate,"

I'm guessing that's what this really boils down to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.