Biden implicated

92,407 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by bear2034
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

Yup. Not a single one of them is triggered or unhinged.

I thought you were going to show pictures of people burning cities and looting like Democrats do.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

I thought you were going to show pictures of people burning cities and looting like Democrats do.
What cities have been burning? Significant sized areas of cities, not just a couple of buildings that the right wing media blows way out of proportion.
bear2034
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

What cities have been burning? Significant sized areas of cities, not just a couple of buildings that the right wing media blows way out of proportion.

Take a wild guess. And what's right-wing media?
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

I see. You don't know either.
AunBear89
bear2034 said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

It's the place you go to have your most cherished beliefs affirmed, and nothing ever challenges your world view.

Some call it "news" but it's really "infotainment " , coupled with wild ass speculation, mixed with questionable dot connecting.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
One thing that the media hasn't covered much is that in his deposition, Hunter claimed he never dropped any laptop off at the blind guy's shop in Delaware and that a lot of the publicized info from the laptop was not real. He said he would have dropped it at an apple store (which makes more sense).

The deplorables love talking about the 51 intelligence agents who said that this affair had the earmarks of a Russian intelligence operation, and it's become clear that they had a pretty good point. The GOP's main source of information was a guy who has admitted working with Russian intelligence to provide disinformation on Hunter Biden. The fact that there may have been some genuine info on the "laptop" doesn't mean that it wasn't a disinfo operation.

So I think there are still a few open points. If the laptop was "real," how did it get into the hands of a blind computer repair person in Delaware. And if it's "real," is all of the information on the laptop genuine or was any of it planted?

The media has covered his questioning by Gaetz about drugs, but seems to have completely ignored the more interesting discussion.

Here's the relevant info from the transcript (ignore the numbers, those are line numbers). This is kinda hard to read, so feel free to go directly to the source - page 144 is where it starts.
Quote:

Mr. Gaetz. We'll move on. In 2019, did you drop your laptop off at a repair4
shop?5
The Witness. Not that I remember, no.6
Mr. Gaetz. Did you have a laptop in 2019?7
The Witness. I've had many laptops.8
Mr. Gaetz. Did you typically keep a separate laptop for work and personal, or9
was it usually one laptop you operated with?10
The Witness. I don't know. I don't think there was a distinction between11
necessarily work and personal.12
Mr. Gaetz. Do you recall ever having dropped off a laptop at a repair shop?13
Mr. Lowell. He asked and answered that, Mr. Gaetz,14
Mr. Gaetz. No, Mr. Lowell, I asked if he recalled that in 2019. Now I'm asking if15
he ever recalls doing it.16
Mr. Lowell. I'll point out that, as I said, that there are litigation about this issue.17
And I'll give you some leeway, but one of the things I discussed with staff is that we18
weren't going to get into the claims in litigation by the people that are both suing Mr.19
Biden and vice versa, but ask your next question.20
Mr. Gaetz. Mr. Lowell, I'll tell you what. If I ask a question that you believe21
you've negotiated the scope out of, just indicate such.22
Mr. Lowell. Well, it depends where you go next.
Mr. Gaetz. Did you ever drop a laptop off at a repair shop?
The Witness. I dropped a laptop off at the Apple repair shop that was literally
three blocks from my office in Washington, D.C. If I was ever going to repair one, I1

would have walked up the street and dropped it there.2
Mr. Gaetz. Did you ever drop off a laptop in Delaware?
The Witness. The Apple store in Georgetown.
Mr. Gaetz. Yeah. My question is about Delaware. Did you ever drop off a5
laptop in Delaware?6
The Witness. The largest Apple store in America is the -- the highest grossing7
and largest Apple store in America is at the Christiana Mall. If I was going to drop off a8
laptop -- I don't ever remember doing that, but if I was going to drop off a laptop, I would9
have gone to the Apple store, which was 7 minutes from my parents' home there.10
Mr. Gaetz. Do you recall ever leaving a laptop at a repair shop?11
The Witness. I do not.12
Mr. Gaetz. On your laptop, did you have any sort of login credential?13
The Witness. Just the typical like -- you know, like when you log into your --14
Mr. Gaetz. Yeah.15
The Witness. Of course.16
Mr. Gaetz. Did you have two-factor authentication?17
The Witness. I don't know.18
Mr. Gaetz. Did anyone else have access to your laptop?19
Mr. Lowell. Legally or illegally?20
Mr. Gaetz. I'm just asking the question in the broadest term, Mr. Lowell.21
The Witness. I do not know if anybody else had access. And what do you mean22
by "access"? Did they have access to my passwords, or did they have actual23
physical access to my laptop?24
Mr. Gaetz. Did anyone else use your laptop?
The Witness. Well, I had at the time three daughters and all teenagers. I had a1
niece, nephew.2
Mr. Gaetz. Did they use your laptop?3
The Witness. I'm certain at some point.4
Mr. Gaetz. Did they have separate logins, or did they know your login?5
The Witness. They would have had separate logins, I believe. I don't6
remember, anyway.7
Mr. Gaetz. Have you seen -- you've seen coverage of this laptop that purports to8
be yours that was dropped off in Delaware, right?9
The Witness. Yes, yes. I've seen coverage.10
Mr. Gaetz. In any of that coverage, have you seen any correspondence or other11
material that you know to be fabricated or false?12
The Witness. Yes, I do.13
Mr. Gaetz. What?14
The Witness. And I can tell you, in particular, there is a fabricated conversation15
between me and a supposed Secret Service agent in a hotel room in Los Angeles. That16
Secret Service agent was -- has sworn an affidavit and attempted to sue The Daily Mail17
and The New York Post over the fact that he has never met me, he has never had any18
conversation with me, that he had never involvement with me, that we have never had19
any association whatsoever. And he swears --20
Mr. Gaetz. Other than that conversation, are there any others that you recall?21
The Witness. Yeah. There are many others. I can't go through them all right22
now. But, yes, there are many different things in there that are either -- that are either23
fabricated, hacked, stolen, or manipulated 100 percent.24
Mr. Gaetz. Just list them for me.
The Witness. I got to list you all of the --1
Mr. Lowell. We'll refer you to the litigation in Delaware where that can be2
found, including Mr. Costello and Mr. Giuliani's statements that that's exactly what they3
did.4
The Witness. Yes. And all of those things that you have are in those5
documents.

Zippergate
That's a cool story bro. Too bad the 50+ intelligence experts admitted the laptop was real.
oski003
Zippergate said:

That's a cool story bro. Too bad the 50+ intelligence experts admitted the laptop was real.

Maybe one of his Russian hookers took it to the repair shop while he was jacked up on whiskey and blow. Who knows?
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

One thing that the media hasn't covered much is that in his deposition, Hunter claimed he never dropped any laptop off at the blind guy's shop in Delaware and that a lot of the publicized info from the laptop was not real. He said he would have dropped it at an apple store (which makes more sense).
Here's a pretty good NBC News piece about the entire laptop saga and Russian disinformation campaign.

Smirnov, the Russian agent, laundered bogus claims from Russian intelligence to the FBI. Same sort of stuff Rudy G was after when he went to Ukraine and met with Derkach. The same sort of garbage that made it into a computer that was given to a blind computer repair person (how convenient) and which contained a mix of real and fabricated information. Biden is suing over this right now and the case is pending.

Now if you remember, the old GOP claim was that Biden corruptly hid the Smirnov claims and that formed the cornerstone of their investigation. They pretended that it was evidence of corruption plus a cover-up, similar to things Trump did, but this time with Biden.

Of course, as we now know, the FBI determination that the claims were bogus was accurate. Smirnov was working with Russian intelligence to help Trump get elected. The GOP overlooked all of that in its zeal to corruptly assist Trump, leveraging congressional investigatory powers and misleading the American people the entire time. The democrats called them out every step of the way and wanted everything to be public but the GOP continued to prosecute their case behind close doors and by lying to the media.

And the media is mostly still giving them a pass for it.

Quote:

Congressional Republicans were quick to downplay the impact that the indictment would have on their ongoing impeachment inquiry, even though numerous leading Republicans had repeatedly pointed to bribery allegations against the Bidens that originated from Smirnov as a major linchpin of their investigation.

House Republicans even threatened to hold the director of the FBI in contempt last year to force the bureau to show them the underlying documents, which were eventually released, sparking breathless headlines in conservative media outlets about the false allegations that Biden and his son Hunter were paid $5 million in bribes.

Just weeks ago, one of the leaders of the impeachment inquiry even pointed to Smirnov's alleged lies to the FBI as their strongest evidence.

"That to me is really the heart of this matter," Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump and one of the architects of the impeachment push said in a Jan. 11 appearance on Fox News, referring to the FBI FD-1023 confidential human source form containing false allegations from the now-indicted former FBI informant. "The most corroborating evidence we have is the 1023 form from this highly credible confidential human source."

Now, after the source of those allegations has been federally charged, House Republicans say that it wasn't the "heart" of their inquiry after all
Quote:

The saga all began last May, when Comer and Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, publicly declared that a "whistleblower" had come forward to allege that the FBI possessed an FD-1023 form documenting "an alleged criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Biden and a foreign national relating to the exchange of money for policy decisions."

In May, the FBI rejected Comer's requests to see the document, saying that policy "strictly limits when and how confidential human source information can be provided outside of the FBI."

The FBI cautioned at the time that reports like the one at issue simply document information given to the bureau and did "not validate it, establish its credibility, or weigh it against other information verified by the FBI," warning that such unsubstantiated information could "unfairly violate privacy or reputations."
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Here's a pretty good NBC News piece about the entire laptop saga and Russian disinformation campaign.

Smirnov, the Russian agent, laundered bogus claims from Russian intelligence to the FBI. Same sort of stuff Rudy G was after when he went to Ukraine and met with Derkach. The same sort of garbage that made it into a computer that was given to a blind computer repair person (how convenient) and which contained a mix of real and fabricated information. Biden is suing over this right now and the case is pending.

Now if you remember, the old GOP claim was that Biden corruptly hid the Smirnov claims and that formed the cornerstone of their investigation. They pretended that it was evidence of corruption plus a cover-up, similar to things Trump did, but this time with Biden.

Of course, as we now know, the FBI determination that the claims were bogus was accurate. Smirnov was working with Russian intelligence to help Trump get elected. The GOP overlooked all of that in its zeal to corruptly assist Trump, leveraging congressional investigatory powers and misleading the American people the entire time. The democrats called them out every step of the way and wanted everything to be public but the GOP continued to prosecute their case behind close doors and by lying to the media.

And the media is mostly still giving them a pass for it.

Quote:

Congressional Republicans were quick to downplay the impact that the indictment would have on their ongoing impeachment inquiry, even though numerous leading Republicans had repeatedly pointed to bribery allegations against the Bidens that originated from Smirnov as a major linchpin of their investigation.

House Republicans even threatened to hold the director of the FBI in contempt last year to force the bureau to show them the underlying documents, which were eventually released, sparking breathless headlines in conservative media outlets about the false allegations that Biden and his son Hunter were paid $5 million in bribes.

Just weeks ago, one of the leaders of the impeachment inquiry even pointed to Smirnov's alleged lies to the FBI as their strongest evidence.

"That to me is really the heart of this matter," Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump and one of the architects of the impeachment push said in a Jan. 11 appearance on Fox News, referring to the FBI FD-1023 confidential human source form containing false allegations from the now-indicted former FBI informant. "The most corroborating evidence we have is the 1023 form from this highly credible confidential human source."

Now, after the source of those allegations has been federally charged, House Republicans say that it wasn't the "heart" of their inquiry after all
Quote:

The saga all began last May, when Comer and Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, publicly declared that a "whistleblower" had come forward to allege that the FBI possessed an FD-1023 form documenting "an alleged criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Biden and a foreign national relating to the exchange of money for policy decisions."

In May, the FBI rejected Comer's requests to see the document, saying that policy "strictly limits when and how confidential human source information can be provided outside of the FBI."

The FBI cautioned at the time that reports like the one at issue simply document information given to the bureau and did "not validate it, establish its credibility, or weigh it against other information verified by the FBI," warning that such unsubstantiated information could "unfairly violate privacy or reputations."

Where did the video of naked Hunter partying with the Russian hooker in the hotel room come from? Is it a deep fake?
dajo9
Zippergate said:

The 50+ intelligence experts have been completely vindicated that Russia has been involved in the Hunter op
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

The 50+ intelligence experts have been completely vindicated that Russia has been involved in the Hunter op
If you read the letter, it's pretty clear they were right. The deplorables and liars like to focus on things that the experts didn't say, for a variety of reasons.

You will note that nowhere do the experts say that all of the information was fabricated or that a physical laptop or drive didn't exist. The point is that it's obviously fishy for a blind computer repair person to receive Hunter Biden's computer and then to pass it on to Rudy, a corrupt bagman who had been coordinating with Putin operative Andrey Durkach to dig up dirt on Biden. And we now know that the information tying Biden to all of this was in fact fabricated by a Russian operative, who has been indicted.

Quote:

It is for all these reasons that we write to say that the arrival on the US poli<cal scene of emails
purportedly belonging to Vice President Biden's son Hunter, much of it related to his <me
serving on the Board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, has all the classic earmarks of a
Russian information.

We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by
President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have
evidence of Russian involvement -- just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the
Russian government played a significant role in this case.

If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this elec8on, and we
believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this.

There are a number of factors that make us suspicious of Russian involvement.

Such an operation would be consistent with Russian objectives, as outlined publicly and recently
by the Intelligence Community, to create political chaos in the United States and to deepen
political divisions here but also to undermine the candidacy of former Vice President Biden and
thereby help the candidacy of President Trump.
Here's an NBC article about the letter following the recent revelations.
Quote:

"This has always been an ugly political game from the beginning," Sipher said. "Anyone who actually bothered to read the letter would realize that the focus was on warning about Russian subversive efforts prior to the 2020 election."

He added, "The recent revelations show that we were prescient. While I would love to gloat, the important issue remains the same foreign interference in American democracy, and unethical, cynical and faithless behavior by members of Congress entrusted to provide oversight of our important institutions."

American intelligence agencies were not spying on Giuliani, but on the people with whom he was talking, including Andrii Derkach, who had been identified by the Treasury Department as a Russian agent. In the process, the U.S. spy agencies learned that Derkach and other Russian operatives were in touch with Giuliani, and wanted to feed him information in an attempt to discredit Joe Biden.

In that context, the emergence of the laptop around the same time raised suspicions, especially because the New York Post reported that it obtained the material from Giuliani, who got it from the owner of a Delaware computer repair shop. The shop owner said Hunter Biden brought it in and never picked it up.

NBC News has reported that the bribery allegations had been investigated and debunked by the Justice Department during the Trump administration. But they had become part of the push by House Republicans to impeach Joe Biden. And the prosecutor who investigated, former Pittsburgh U.S. Attorney Scott Brady, testified to the House Judiciary Committee in October that the FBI viewed the informant as a "trusted source."

It's not clear when and why that changed. In a filing this week seeking to revoke Smirnov's bail, prosecutors said he had repeatedly "lied to his FBI Handler after a 10-year relationship where the two spoke nearly every day" and that he had "extensive" contacts with Russian operatives. The FBI did not respond to a request for comment. A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment. Hunter Biden's lawyers said in a filing that the informant's alleged lies have irreparably tainted the cases against him.

"Smirnov's contacts with Russian officials who are affiliated with Russian intelligence services are not benign," the filing says, adding that his "efforts to spread misinformation about a candidate of one of the two major parties in the United States continues. … What this shows is that the misinformation he is spreading is not confined to 2020. He is actively peddling new lies that could impact U.S. elections after meeting with Russian intelligence officials in November."
I'm sure given that we have very serious conservatives concerned about legitimate corruption, they will continue to focus on Hunter's hog and stuff that has nothing to do with Joe Biden, as they have been for several years.
bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

I'm sure given that we have very serious conservatives concerned about legitimate corruption, they will continue to focus on Hunter's hog and stuff that has nothing to do with Joe Biden, as they have been for several years.

How deep is your love? Hunter loves Beau's wife.
Eastern Oregon Bear
The concept of a blind computer repairman seems rather fishy to me. I know I'd want a repairman that can see error messages and video issues rather than just having me describe them when I leave my computer with him.
dajo9
Nothing in Hunter Biden's laptop showed criminal wrongdoing by President Biden. That's why they needed the Russian agent, Smirnov, to get his lies into the op to finish the job. The Republican / Russian plan against the President failed.

I tend to think in the old days, when Americans were less gullible, there would have been consequences for such actions.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

As more comes out about the hearing, it just confirms what an absolute debacle this is for the do nothing, know nothing GOP.

Has anyone on BI admitted they were fooled yet? I'm not talking about the MAGAt dead-enders, but our reasonable conservatives who participated in and assumed that the GOP was acting above board in its persecution. Where are the reasonable ones to call it how it is? Should we go through old posts in this thread to shed light on it to remind people of their claims?

Yes, where is BearGoggles . . .
The guy that doesnt like Trump yet defends him at every turn in the road.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

As more comes out about the hearing, it just confirms what an absolute debacle this is for the do nothing, know nothing GOP.

Has anyone on BI admitted they were fooled yet? I'm not talking about the MAGAt dead-enders, but our reasonable conservatives who participated in and assumed that the GOP was acting above board in its persecution. Where are the reasonable ones to call it how it is? Should we go through old posts in this thread to shed light on it to remind people of their claims?

He probably isn't responding to this because he doesn't post much and certainly doesn't defend trump at every turn in the road. You just posted an ill informed hot take!
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Like the rest of the GOP in America, they will continue to make false claims and never acknowledge that Russia has been helping Trump by interfering in our democracy for years, that they have welcomed it, and that this entire "investigation" of Biden was generated based on fake information provided by Putin's intelligence service and laundered through Rudy G. Rather than oppose Russia's interference, the GOP has criticized democrats and our institutions from trying to protect against the malign influence.

For example, see all of the withering attacks on the FBI (against whom there are plenty of legitimate complaints) based on the fact that they said that Smirnov's claims against Joe Biden weren't legitimate and that the GOP shouldn't consider credible. Nevertheless, the GOP did consider them to be the backbone of their "investigation" and is now mad at the FBI for indicting Smirnov for funneling Russian intelligence. The GOP is pretending like it's the FBI's fault they welcomed suspect information which the FBI tried in vain to prevent the GOP from using.

And yes, we won't be hearing from BG, he's too busy ignoring Trump's mental state and accusing Biden of having dementia.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

He probably isn't responding to this because he doesn't post much and certainly doesn't defend trump at every turn in the road. You just posted an ill informed hot take!

Thank You Concerned Karen.

And good luck finding a single post that shows BearGoggles taking issue with Trump.
I've got $500 that says you cant find one.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

And good luck finding a single post that shows BearGoggles taking issue with Trump.

I thought you said he defended Trump at every turn. I didn't realize you said something different. Oh, you didn't.

Regardless, I can't afford $500 as I apparently work an Arby's drive thru. Have fun stalking BG.
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Every time BG defends Trump he lets us know he doesn't defend Trump.

It's the same schtick you see from Turley, Greenwald and Taibbi. NYTPitchbot does it quite well.

AunBear89
oski003 said:

and certainly doesn't defend trump at every turn in the road.

Yeah - that's YOUR job. That, and acting as self anointed board mod/hall monitor/karen.

How do you keep up with it all, while also working as a front line manager at Arby's or Grab and Go or wherever?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

oski003 said:

Yeah - that's YOUR job. That, and acting as self anointed board mod/hall monitor/karen.

How do you keep up with it all, while also working as a front line manager at Arby's or Grab and Go or wherever?

If my job is to defend Trump at every turn in the road, I certainly suck at it. Hopefully, I am doing better at Arby's. I am due soon for my annual review and 3% raise.
DiabloWags
AunBear89 said:

oski003 said:

Hahahahahaa!

He's living the Dream.
AunBear89
Two minute delay in responding. Nice. Must be on a break or something.

Break? Heck, you're a manager! You can do whatever you like. So just sit there and wait until I post again. Stalker (way more of a stalker than Diablo's of BG.).
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Two minute delay in responding. Nice. Must be on a break or something.

Break? Heck, you're a manager! You can do whatever you like. So just sit there and wait until I post again. Stalker (way more of a stalker than Diablo's of BG.).

Managers can't do what they what. Do you do what you want? Do you groom your students with picture books of oral sex?
bearister
I think there was a closed Arby's at the Southwest corner of College and Bancroft when I started Cal in Fall'72.
Then it reopened as an expresso place by mid 1970's. Here is part of that corner now:

*I think that guy in the green t owes me $10k on a hoop bet. I've been looking for him.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
You have some bizarre obsessions, coupled with a disjointed concept of logic, resulting in weird posts like this one.

You are a strange, confused, and sad little man.
Lets Go Brandon 18

bear2034

Hunter Biden was absolutely knee deep in CIA work.
Lets Go Brandon 11

Lets Go Brandon 11

bear2034
Palestinian Chicken, you beat me to the punch. I posted the same thing in a different thread.
Unit2Sucks
Trump's new argument in Georgia is that he can't be prosecuted for false statements because "freedom of speech."

What does this have to do with Hunter Biden? In addition to the fact that Hunter is being prosecuted for a gun charge under a law that has been ruled unconstitutional by the 5th circuit, maybe he should hire Trump's lawyers to make the ridiculous argument that he's being prosecuted for exercising his constitutionally protected freedom of speech. Did he lie when he filled out a federal form stating that he wasn't a drug user? Of course he did but lying is protected by the first amendment.

Of course this dog won't hunt and is not as good an argument as is the fact that he's being prosecuted for an unconstitutional law but I found it funny when I heard what Trump's lawyers were arguing in court. I suspect Trump's lawyers will frequently make the claim that Trump's lies are protected speech, since so many of his problems stem from his inability to stop himself from lying. Maybe the will eventually claim it's his dementia that causes him to lie.
concordtom
The sun has emerged, and I'm on my riding mower listening to Friday news.
They are quoting crime stats.
Murder Down, rape down, including those committed by former wannabe presidents in high end department stores.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.