Final Election Prediction

105,942 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

To no one's surprise, Trump is going to be the sorest loser in US history. I hope that at some point the people who surround him will see the writing on the wall and step up and stop him from doing even more damage to our institutions but nothing we've seen to date would support that they will do so.

The fact that he was elected once and almost re-elected tells you all you need to know about the frailty of our democracy and the failure of American culture to protect us.

I'm repeating myself: But Trump is unable to think of anything negative happening to him that is legitimate. Like everything bad is illegitimate. It's not in the realm of possibility that he can think otherwise.

So he is incapable of accepting that he's losing. He's incapable of conceding.

I expect his departure from the White House will be ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a "standoff" type situation.
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

To no one's surprise, Trump is going to be the sorest loser in US history. I hope that at some point the people who surround him will see the writing on the wall and step up and stop him from doing even more damage to our institutions but nothing we've seen to date would support that they will do so.

The fact that he was elected once and almost re-elected tells you all you need to know about the frailty of our democracy and the failure of American culture to protect us.

I'm repeating myself: But Trump is unable to think of anything negative happening to him that is legitimate. Like everything bad is illegitimate. It's not in the realm of possibility that he can think otherwise.

I expect his departure from the White House will be ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a "standoff" type situation.
I hope he gets walked by the secret service on inauguration day with a banker's box of his personal possessions.

To be honest, I expect he probably moves to Mar a Lago by next week so he can grift as much money from the treasury as he can between now and January 20th.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I hope he gets walked by the secret service on inauguration day with a banker's box of his personal possessions.

To be honest, I expect he probably moves to Mar a Lago by next week so he can grift as much money from the treasury as he can between now and January 20th.

Saw on twitter that Trump switched all his online campaign donors to recurring right before the election. I don't know if it's true but, I love how Trump fleeces his supporters.
bearister
Now that BI is cracking down on disinformation, helltopay1 is stuck with spewing the latest QAnon conspiracy theory on the hardwood at Rossmoor.
okaydo

okaydo

sycasey
dajo9 said:

I've been off this site since Monday and just read this thread from page 4.

What a ride.
Cal88's posts are the funniest, in retrospect.
bearister
For a guy, who in his own mind, thinks he is the living embodiment of toxic masculinity, tRump could not be acting any less like a man.

Hillary, who won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes, but thanks to the Electoral College, lost the election by 80,000 votes, in defeat acted like 5 times the man tRump has.

tRump cares nothing for "the good of the Republic," so when the decision is made whether to prosecute him for any of the "take your pick" list of felonies he is chargeable with, I hope they give the Republic the same consideration he has.
sycasey
What.

okaydo
bearister said:

For a guy, who in his own mind, thinks he is the living embodiment of toxic masculinity, tRump could not be acting any less like a man.

Hillary, who won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes, but thanks to the Electoral College, lost the election by 80,000 votes, in defeat acted like 5 times the man tRump has.

tRump cares nothing for "the good of the Republic," so when the decision is made whether to prosecute him for any of the "take your pick" list of felonies he is chargeable with, I hope they give the Republic the same consideration he has.

It's weird that right-wingers like to talk about how "butt-hurt" liberals are and how they are like snowflakes, and yet Trump is the embodiment of being butt-hurt and a snowflake. And it's not just him. He's reflective of the Republican party.
bearister
Yes, daddy was always there to change the papers in the birdcage when tRump made a doo doo. Daddy ain't there anymore.

smh
double-click plays... [ hawaii > alaska ]

okaydo

dimitrig
okaydo said:

Only in Alabama is a football coach also a Senator.
dimitrig

It looks like - whichever candidate wins - the electoral college margin will be decided by fewer than 100K votes across a handful of states. Again.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

Only in Alabama is a football coach also a Senator.

Good job by Alabama, replacing the man who successfully prosecuted the KKK 1963 Birmingham bombing with this guy. Just as long as he's not a Democrat, right?
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
The last 5 presidents to fail to be re-elected after 1 4-year term:

--George H.W. Bush (1992)
--Jimmy Carter (1980)
--Herbert Hoover (1932)
--William Howard Taft (1912)
--Grover Cleveland (1888)
bearister
smh
okaydo said:

--Jimmy Carter (1980)
--Herbert Hoover (1932)
of those, no surprise, only jimmy is still with us..
https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/november-december-2020/lessons-from-the-last-living-one-term-president
Quote:

The opening anecdote in Jonathan Alter's enthralling biography of Jimmy Carter, His Very Best, describes an eerily prescient White House ceremony in late June 1979. At a time when half the nation's gas stations were running out of fuel and rationing was common, Carter embraced alternative energy by installing 32 solar panels on the roof of the White House. "A generation from now," Carter said, "this solar heater can either be a curiosity, a museum piece, an example of a road not takenor it can be a small part of one of the greatest and most exciting adventures ever taken by the American people: harnessing the power of the sun."
okaydo
Big C
okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm also kinda worried about five million or so of his followers...
okaydo

bearister
Big C said:

okaydo said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm also kinda worried about five million or so of his followers...

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia police are investigating an alleged plot to attack the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia on Thursday night.

https://abc7news.com/philly-police-investigating-alleged-plot-to-attack-pa-convention-center/7689932/
okaydo
smh said:

okaydo said:

--Jimmy Carter (1980)
--Herbert Hoover (1932)
of those, no surprise, only jimmy is still with us..
https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/november-december-2020/lessons-from-the-last-living-one-term-president
Quote:

The opening anecdote in Jonathan Alter's enthralling biography of Jimmy Carter, His Very Best, describes an eerily prescient White House ceremony in late June 1979. At a time when half the nation's gas stations were running out of fuel and rationing was common, Carter embraced alternative energy by installing 32 solar panels on the roof of the White House. "A generation from now," Carter said, "this solar heater can either be a curiosity, a museum piece, an example of a road not takenor it can be a small part of one of the greatest and most exciting adventures ever taken by the American people: harnessing the power of the sun."

Of the last 3:

--George H.W. Bush lived to age 94.
--Jimmy Carter lived to age at least 96.
--Herbert Hoover lived to age 90. (Dying during the LBJ administration)
bearister
WASHINGTON -- Citing "horror stories," President Donald Trump unleashed a torrent of fabricated accusations Thursday in an audacious attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the U.S. election.

https://abc7news.com/politics/ap-fact-check-trump-fabricates-election-corruption-in-press-conference/7687888/
B.A. Bearacus
OneKeg
PA margin down to 18.2k with 275k left, plenty from Philly and Allegheny.

Though in reality, since they are absentee/mail-in votes, even the vote drops from reddish counties are coming in roughly even or with Biden ahead. I think a completed count will have Biden ahead by tens of thousands. We'll see if it's enough to avoid a recount. PA by itself is enough to give Biden the electoral college votes he needs barring the predictable un-democratic shenanigans by Trump. But because of those shenanigans, apparently it's important to win other states too.

GA margin inching down. Just went from Biden -1,267 to Biden -665 (I kid you not).with a little over 7.5k left, plus perhaps some additional (a few thousand overseas/military perhaps).

Georgia truly has been the Zeno's Paradox of vote counts.
GMP
Biden now up 917 in Georgia.

OneKeg
Yep just saw Biden took the lead in GA. Nice.

But with so few votes left to count, since it's going to end up within a few thousand, does everyone agree the Peach State is headed for a recount? (Which will take forever)?

Also, I find it amusing that the Libertarian candidate, Jo Jorgensen, getting over 60k votes in Georgia, may have cost Trump the state, depending on if and how those Libertarian voters would have chosen otherwise.

PA has a chance to surpass the margin that would require a recount. And it would get Biden above 270 on its own. Hoping for that overnight or early Friday.
OneKeg
A whopping (lol) 4-digit lead now in GA for Biden... +1,096.

Around 5k votes left to count, plus perhaps a few thousand overseas/military/provisional/other... could still go either way.

And then an automatic (likely) recount to follow.

Edited: ok I think in GA the recount is not automatic. But it can be requested at margins under 0.5%, which this will be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.