Final Election Prediction

105,973 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Because what it looks like right now is that Dems were soft with POC *men* who like Trump's toxic masculinity."

Sean Connery was a living embodiment of toxic masculinity. tRump and his sons are wimps trying to pass themselves off as examples of toxic masculinity.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
BearForce2 said:

LunchTime said:

BearForce2 said:

hello Nevada ?
What do you see?

Nothing has changed that I can see

Nothing new, wondering what they're up to.

Heard on PBS News Hour (I think it was) that Nevada is going to announce results at 10:00 tomorrow morning and what has held them up is pretty much just being overwhelmed with high turnout and lots of mail-ins (which take longer to count, opening up the envelopes and all).

Most of the uncounted ballots are from the greater Vegas area, so it's looking good for Biden, but with a slim margin like that, I'm still anxious.
BearForce2
Cindy McCain's revenge
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
If it's greater Las Vegas, then yes, it's pretty much blue.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Bear_Territory
Looks like the markets like the results, Biden with a Republican Senate. Mitch McConnell won't allow tax increases or Sanders/Warran in the President's cabinet.
okaydo
How it all ties together:

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won a majority of votes in Maricopa County, where Trump pardon recipient (and Trump birther guy) Joe Arpaio served as sheriff from 1993 to 2017.

George Gascon served as police chief of Mesa, Arizona in Maricopa County from 2006 to 2009, where he frequently clashed with Arpaio. In 2009, he was appointed by Gavin Newsom to first become San Francisco police chief and then to succeed Kamala Harris as San Francisco District Attorney.

Last night, George Gascon beat Jackie Lacey to become the progressive district attorney of Los Angeles County.

GoOskie
I had this convo at work today:

Co Worker (trumpy): I'm glad we kept the Senate. Now Hunter Biden can be investigated.

Me: Oh, come on, man. You don't believe that do you? What a bunch of malarkey.

Co Worker: Yes, I sure do! The FBI hid the laptop.

Me: Didn't the republicans already investigate that?

Co Worker: No.

He continues: Mark my word, Biden will be forced to step down in 5 months. And Harris will become president.
He has dementia! It's really bad. I can spot it, because my mother had it.

Me (wishing I was drinking bleach) ...
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
okaydo

Unit2Sucks
GoOskie said:

Co Worker (trumpy): I'm glad we kept the Senate. Now Hunter Biden can be investigated.

He continues: Mark my word, Biden will be forced to step down in 5 months. And Harris will become president.

You work with bearlyamazing? What a small world!
GoOskie
Unit2Sucks said:

GoOskie said:

You work with bearlyamazing? What a small world!
Oh my God. Wait.....no, can't be....
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
GoOskie

trump still fleecing and inciting.
bearister
tRump and his 2nd string legal team better familiarize themselves with the sedition statute.
Anarchistbear
okaydo said:

No way! The sign in New York caused it to flip.
okaydo
GoOskie said:

trump still fleecing and inciting.

Okay, but doing it very predictably.

Everything negative that happens to Trump is illegitimate. Everything.

He's never gonna change. Not even in a landslide.
bearister
I decided to put Hannity on to see how committed he is. He is hitching his wagon All In with Cheeto. I lasted 30 seconds into his speech about how the militiamen poll watchers are being f@ucked and I changed channels. Clearly he has inked a deal with tCFN.

tRump Crime Family, pucker up and kiss the bear's a$$h@le!

LunchTime
GoOskie said:

He clearly has significant cognitive decline. VERY clearly.

He was a ****ing stud not very long ago, who sometimes said stupid *****

2016 Biden wins this and 2016 by 538 EV.
prospeCt

oskidunker
Biden will win in a blow out with joe pa, vince dooley and The rat pack.
Go Bears!
LunchTime
LunchTime said:

concordtom said:

Is Peters going to hold onto his Senate seat in Michigan?
I mark it as a leaning towards D.

It isnt often that there is a split ticket anymore, and wayne county is still only 69% (already ahead 65.6%) while the rest of the state that could go deeper red is already in or small numbers.

It would take a hell of a shift in that county on uncounted votes to give R a lead, and we know what votes are being counted are not likely to shift away from 2/3 D.
Yey
dimitrig

The electoral college needs to go. Biden will probably finish with 6M or maybe even close to 7M more votes than Trump and yet this is considered a close election. On what planet?

smh
dimitrig said:

The electoral college needs to go.
good luck w/that
bearister
dimitrig said:

The electoral college needs to go. Biden will probably finish with 6M or maybe even close to 7M more votes than Trump and yet this is considered a close election. On what planet?

On Bizarro World where Bizarro Camelot reside.

going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
sycasey
dimitrig said:

Though in fairness, a lot of this is because MI/WI/PA are taking so long to count votes. In a "normal" year there aren't so many mail ballots and this is probably wrapped up on election night.

But yeah, the Electoral College/popular vote split is larger than it's ever been.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Though in fairness, a lot of this is because MI/WI/PA are taking so long to count votes. In a "normal" year there aren't so many mail ballots and this is probably wrapped up on election night.

But yeah, the Electoral College/popular vote split is larger than it's ever been.

My point is that we are worrying about 100K ballots here and 10K ballots there when Biden is ahead by MILLIONS. It is not close. If Trump pulls this off and Biden wins by 6-7 million in the popular vote I will be livid.

golden sloth
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

My point is that we are worrying about 100K ballots here and 10K ballots there when Biden is ahead by MILLIONS. It is not close. If Trump pulls this off and Biden wins by 6-7 million in the popular vote I will be livid.

The only way to change the system is to win in the system, and that makes it hard.

Some good news is that there seemed to be a lot more battleground states this cycle. The past several elections it seemed like it was Ohio, Iowa and Florida, which were unexpectedly joined by Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania last cycle. This cycle North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Nebraska's second district were all competitive. That is 10 or so states, and I think its good that the parties need to focus on an increasing number of states in a variety of regions as it forces them to campaign to a broader swathe of people rather than one or small subsects of one or two states.
Unit2Sucks
Fox News headline (in the chiron): "Lack of Landslide Leaves Democrats Reeling"
dimitrig
golden sloth said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

The only way to change the system is to win in the system, and that makes it hard.

Some good news is that there seemed to be a lot more battleground states this cycle. The past several elections it seemed like it was Ohio, Iowa and Florida, which were unexpectedly joined by Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania last cycle. This cycle North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Nebraska's second district were all competitive. That is 10 or so states, and I think its good that the parties need to focus on an increasing number of states in a variety of regions as it forces them to campaign to a broader swathe of people rather than one or small subsects of one or two states.

Is it good news? Maybe, maybe not. It seems like the GOP is making more headway than the Dems are. Florida and Ohio were swing states. Now they are reliably red states. Will Georgia or North Carolina move the same way? It looks like it, but they are lagging.

Maybe part of it is that the Dems have just run terrible candidates. Obama and Clinton made it look so easy. Trump, like him or not, has a lot more charisma than Bob Dole or Mitt Romney.

Dems need a really charismatic candidate. I hate to say it, but could it be Gavin Newsom?

Big C
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

You historians out there (or people even older than me):

In 1960, when Kennedy won the popular vote over Nixon by a paltry112,000 votes (I forget the EC margins), how long until they knew the results?
BearForce2
Big C said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

You historians out there (or people even older than me):

In 1960, when Kennedy won the popular vote over Nixon by a paltry112,000 votes (I forget the EC margins), how long until they knew the results?

Based on the technology they had at their fingertips, probably hours.
bearister
"Trump, like him or not, has a lot more charisma than Bob Dole or Mitt Romney."

It is more the hate he is peddling than charisma because:

"Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace"

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."
Nate White
golden sloth
dimitrig said:

golden sloth said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Is it good news? Maybe, maybe not. It seems like the GOP is making more headway than the Dems are. Florida and Ohio were swing states. Now they are reliably red states. Will Georgia or North Carolina move the same way? It looks like it, but they are lagging.

Maybe part of it is that the Dems have just run terrible candidates. Obama and Clinton made it look so easy. Trump, like him or not, has a lot more charisma than Bob Dole or Mitt Romney.

Dems need a really charismatic candidate. I hate to say it, but could it be Gavin Newsom?

I would say Colorado and Virginia have moved from swing states to reliably blue.

I used to think the demographic shift towards a majority minority would yield a change in voting patterns. Now I'm thinking the rise and fall of cities in the various states plays a larger role.. Colorado and Virginia would be two examples of Denver and DC growing and influencing subsequent voting patterns. Detroit and Milwaukee are cities in decline (or surrounded by small cities in decline) and therefore became more Conservative. Atlanta has been rapidly growing as has Phoenix, and both seem to be trending more liberal. None of this is anything really that new, but I just wonder if that is probably the larger driver in voting shifts, as I'm curious if minorities in rural parts of the country assimilate into that rural culture and develop the Conservative values held there.

BearForce2
BearChemist
GA gap is down to 18k, with 50k absentee ballots left. And there are also oversea ballots as well as cured ballots. I would guess Biden has 60% chance to win, nonetheless GA will be recounted like WI.
smh
BearChemist said:

GA gap is down to 18k, with 50k absentee ballots left. And there are also oversea ballots as well as cured ballots. I would guess Biden has 60% chance to win, nonetheless GA will be recounted like WI.
i forget stuff but hasn't 45 P.O'd overseas military enough to lose their support yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.