Final Election Prediction

105,424 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
okaydo
bearister
I propose that when Biden gets his non doll size hands on the levers of power that he starts an actual Deep State seeded with retired Spec Ops to serve as the Praetorian Guard and from time to time go on "hunting" missions to cleanse the herd of traitors.
Since the rabble believes in a fake Deep State, we might as well give them a real one... that is competent.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
I guess the takeaway from all this is that I'm beginning to think the htp1, Golden One and bearlyamazing are run of the mill Republicans at this point. In other words, if you are tethered to reality, you have no place in the modern Republican party.
bearister
"Tragically, most elected Republicans are failing the test by refusing to stand up to Trump. Their cowardice is one of the worst betrayals of public trust in the history of our republic.

Trump is also depending on a Star Wars cantina of lackeys, grifters, sycophants and fruitcakes including former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, former speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Senator Lindsey Graham, GOP trickster Roger Stone and others whose reputations weren't great to begin with but will now and forever be tainted by Trump's moral squalor....

.... The fact that Trump's attempted coup won't succeed doesn't make it any less damaging. A new poll from Monmouth University now finds 77% of Trump supporters believe Biden's win was due to fraud a claim, I should emphasize again, backed by zero evidence."*

America is being subjected to a stress test and Republicans are failing

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/22/trump-republicans-discredit-election-stress-test?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*A snowflake can never admit they backed the wrong pony (or that their pony has hoof and mouth disease). Their egos simply can't handle it.
B.A. Bearacus

okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Was going to post this.

She was pretty out there, unlike Rudy.
bearister
Joe and Vicky, deemed too old and smelly by tRump when they interviewed to be his counsel in 2018:

Unit2Sucks
This is how bonkers Sidney Powell is. Even Trump, whose version of Clarence Darrow is Rudy Giuliani, thinks Powell isn't enough "best people" for his team of misfits.

Kaworu
Unit2Sucks said:

This is how bonkers Sidney Powell is. Even Trump, whose version of Clarence Darrow is Rudy Giuliani, thinks Powell isn't enough "best people" for his team of misfits.

I figured it was something like that. Crazy is only OK to a certain point I guess, but some crazy is too much even for them.
bearister
I just finished some limited background research on Sidney Powell. I can't find anything at this point explaining what caused someone with a seemingly above average resume to take such a turn off grid in life.
Based on what I've read, in the absence of unreported or as of yet undiagnosed mental illness, I am assuming that she was a naturally conservative person that figured out that if she pushed it harder Right on steroids, that there was some serious cash to be made from the lunatic fringe that buys what tRump sells. She may just like nice things and is amoral when it comes to funding them.

Rudy is easy:

1. Spendthrift that burns through cash like he is shoveling it into a train boiler;
2. Alcoholic;
3. Boiled onion for a brain;
4. Inherited his dad's criminal DNA
blungld
Kaworu said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I figured it was something like that. Crazy is only OK to a certain point I guess, but some crazy is too much even for them.

Hell2pay and BarelyAmazing did NOT think that she sounded crazy until Trump told them that she is in fact crazy. And they don't know that they sound exactly like her--just as sure that their nonsense is truthful and logical...and without any proof.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
okaydo
dajo9
Personally, I think Powell targeting Georgia triggered a call from Mitch McConnell to Trump. Trump genuinely does't fear any Republican, but McConnell is sort of in a unique position of being able to say to Trump, "if you want to take my leadership position down, I will take you down with me". Just my 2 cents, as I generally don't pretend to understand what is going on over in coo-coo-land.
American Vermin
bearister
Giuliani/Powell 2024

What will their campaign slogan be?
GoOskie
bearister said:

Giuliani/Powell 2024

"Booze, Broads, Biblical BBQ and more in 2024"
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
bearister
GoOskie said:

bearister said:

Giuliani/Powell 2024

"Booze, Broads, Biblical BBQ and more in 2024"

"Smote the Pizza Eating Satanist Pedophile Sex Traffickers!"

okaydo

bearister

blungld
okaydo said:

Oh yeah, it's the LAWYERS that are making Trump look bad.

dimitrig
blungld said:

okaydo said:

Oh yeah, it's the LAWYERS that are making Trump look bad.

Trump hires only THE BEST people! He has a very good brain! He's a stable genius!

B.A. Bearacus
Fat lady sings. Now let's do fat man.

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Fellas, let's be clear: this IS his concession speech. This is the best he is willing to give to our country.

OBear073akaSMFan
Typical Moron...blame everyone including his own hand picked lawyers!
blungld
blungld said:

Reposting a paraphrased version of my prediction BEFORE the election:

1) Biden wins one shocker state: Texas, Florida, AZ, Georgia. Also takes Pennsylvania. CHECK

2) Trump announces he's won and tries to disqualify the results... CHECK

3) GOP Congress (who do no better than 50-50 in the Senate) try to redefine the party and disown Trump. PENDING

4) Trump court-driven attempt at electoral victory unravels and Biden victory made official days before Thanksgiving. CHECK

5) A lost Trump doesn't seem to have the same spell, 20% are furious and ready to still follow him...the country now openly admits that the last four years were an embarrassment... CHECK

6) Biden starts to govern as a lame duck as Trump abandons all leadership and tries final attempts at profiting off of public service, Barr works to end investigations and cover up. CHECK

7) Trump either flees the country or tries an elaborate self-pardon ploy TBD

8) Biden is sworn in and there is a huge tearful sigh of relief, parties in the streets, the closest thing to the end of WWII...PARTIES CHECK, OATH PENDING

9) Biden works to purge all things Trump...it is ugly the amount of crime and corruption that is uncovered and many GOP cronies resign or end up in jail. TBD

10) The GOP thinks they can follow the same obstructionist playbook but it doesn't work this time...there is a positive energetic American resurgence...TBD

11) The 12-20 years of good times come to an end as bitter conservatives fall in line behind the next demagogue... TBD

Really the only things I wasn't spot on about were I thought that Senate would already be 50-50 and I thought Mitch and core GOP would abandon Trump by this point. Both might still happen
Okay, I am probably the only one who cares, but looks like I can move another prediction from PENDING to CHECK (#4 right on schedule).

bearister
OneKeg
blungld said:

blungld said:

Reposting a paraphrased version of my prediction BEFORE the election:

1) Biden wins one shocker state: Texas, Florida, AZ, Georgia. Also takes Pennsylvania. CHECK

2) Trump announces he's won and tries to disqualify the results... CHECK

3) GOP Congress (who do no better than 50-50 in the Senate) try to redefine the party and disown Trump. PENDING

4) Trump court-driven attempt at electoral victory unravels and Biden victory made official days before Thanksgiving. CHECK

5) A lost Trump doesn't seem to have the same spell, 20% are furious and ready to still follow him...the country now openly admits that the last four years were an embarrassment... CHECK

6) Biden starts to govern as a lame duck as Trump abandons all leadership and tries final attempts at profiting off of public service, Barr works to end investigations and cover up. CHECK

7) Trump either flees the country or tries an elaborate self-pardon ploy TBD

8) Biden is sworn in and there is a huge tearful sigh of relief, parties in the streets, the closest thing to the end of WWII...PARTIES CHECK, OATH PENDING

9) Biden works to purge all things Trump...it is ugly the amount of crime and corruption that is uncovered and many GOP cronies resign or end up in jail. TBD

10) The GOP thinks they can follow the same obstructionist playbook but it doesn't work this time...there is a positive energetic American resurgence...TBD

11) The 12-20 years of good times come to an end as bitter conservatives fall in line behind the next demagogue... TBD

Really the only things I wasn't spot on about were I thought that Senate would already be 50-50 and I thought Mitch and core GOP would abandon Trump by this point. Both might still happen
Okay, I am probably the only one who cares, but looks like I can move another prediction from PENDING to CHECK (#4 right on schedule).
blungld, I agree with a pretty decent amount of what you say.

But you are way off on #5 I think. No more than 50-55% of the country will admit the last 4 years were an embarrassment. Many of the remainder probably think the Obama years were more of an embarrassment than the Trump years. And the electoral college and upcoming 2020 GOP re-gerrymander (since they control most states) will continue to disproportionately represent that latter group.

I think there is a significant chance that the GOP/Trumpism (with or without Trump) come roaring back in 2022 and 2024. And that this Biden interlude is just a brief milquetoast respite from the US' slide into being a illiberal state with fewer and fewer democratic trappings like Brazil or Hungary or India are now.
bearister
"Many of the remainder probably think the Obama years were more of an embarrassment than the Trump years."

Please take me through a line item by line item analysis of where these nimrods think Obama was an embarrassment and include citations to the facts this belief is based on.

...Or is the simple answer that the belief that Obama was an embarrassment is not fact based but rather based exclusively on racism and Fox News opinion shows?

The assertion that tRump is an embarrassment (also a traitor, liar and self dealer) is fact base and the supporting evidence would fill an airplane hanger.

Oh, and if the RWNJs think they are going to get power back and impose their will on the majority....every major city in the US will be burned to the ground first..and then the country folk will get theirs next.
OneKeg
bearister said:

"Many of the remainder probably think the Obama years were more of an embarrassment than the Trump years."

Please take me through a line item by line item analysis of where these nimrods think Obama was an embarrassment and include citations to the facts this belief is based on.

...Or is the simple answer that the belief that Obama was an embarrassment is not fact based but rather based exclusively on racism and Fox News opinion shows?

The assertion that tRump is an embarrassment (also a traitor, liar and self dealer) is fact base and the supporting evidence would fill an airplane hanger.

Oh, and if the RWNJs think they are going to get power back and impose their will on the majority....every major city in the US will be burned to the ground first..and then the country folk will get theirs next.
Whoa - I think you might be misunderstanding me. I AGREE with you about Trump's presidency being a disgrace (and Obama's presidency being mixed, but NOT a disgrace).

Close to 50% of Americans wrongly (in my opinion) believe that the Obama presidency was an embarrassment and that Trump's hasn't been. You've given some of the reasons for this, bolded above. Other reasons would be right wing radio shows shows and other media outlets (not just Fox). And how Republicans have done a far better job than Democrats of weaponizing social media and immunizing their followers from contrary opinions (though Dems have done it too as Republicans eagerly point out, projecting as always). Being Republican and hating Democrats has gone beyond reason and become a soul-level core identity for many, more so than the opposite has happened for Dems (which it has to some extent, but again, less).

Due to outside circumstances, I've had the chance to converse with several folks like this online from rural Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Ohio. I never give anything away about my own political opinions (though if they pay attention, they can tell I'm from California). I just listen and make 100% sure to always act with respect and compassion. These are perfectly nice people and I am friendly with them. And they terrify me. They are all in on Trump. Still. He is their hero and savior and liberals and Democrats are demons. It goes beyond reasons and logic - it operates at the level of unshakeable religious belief. Almost half of America is like this. These people will spend their meager fortunes, never concede an inch, crawl through broken glass for their Republican leaders (who of course mostly despise them when the cameras aren't rolling and the microphones aren't on).

Here's where we disagree. So WHEN (not if) the RWNJs get the power back, I don't think any violent conflict is going to play out quite like you are thinking. Especially since law-enforcement is now utterly on the side of the RWNJs. And most latte-sipping liberals (like me) have no stomach for armed conflict. Cities may burn, but the country folk are not going to get theirs - unless you mean continuing to be ground under the heel of crony capitalism and lack of quality education and jobs, in which case yes. Our future has at least some fascism written all over it.
Kaworu
OneKeg said:

But you are way off on #5 I think.
That is so obvious, it shouldn't need to be stated but some people must cling to their illusions. And I'm not speaking about the Trump voters here.
Kaworu
bearister said:

Do you really want to read more conspiracy theories from right-wing kooks?

The Obama years were a disappointment, not an embarrassment. Trump was an embarrassment. Sadly, he will continue to darken our nation and maintain his cult until and unless he ends up in federal pound me up the ass prison.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.