Final Election Prediction

105,731 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

Boom.

Remaining votes should be all mail-in and skew Dem. This is probably over.

If that is true then if Biden wins GA he will be POTUS no matter what else happens.

Edit:

GA + AZ = 37 electoral votes

PA + MI = 36 electoral votes

sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

If that is true then if Biden wins GA he will be POTUS no matter what else happens.

And I would expect the late counting in MI and PA to go much the same as WI. That's why I thought Biden was favored.
GMP
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

He needs only Michigan or Georgia. Both will be close, but he needs around 65% of the outstanding vote in each, and they are all in heavily Democratic areas, and mostly absentee/mail in. In Milwaukee, he appears to have taken 144,000 absentee/mail in to Trump's 7,000. If even remotely similar ratios happen in Detroit, Philly, and Atlanta, he may end up with all 3. Even North Carolina would be in play.
OneKeg
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

Basically, if Biden hangs on to NV, AZ, WI (with mostly blue votes remaining to be counted in WI) -

then he needs one of GA (16 EVs), MI (16 EVs), or PA (20 EVs). But he's significantly behind in all 3 of these, especially PA, so who knows what the chances are.

GA or MI only would make it a 270-268 squeaker. Ironically all 3 (which seems too much to hope for) would be 306-232, which was exactly Trump's margin in 2016.
dimitrig
OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

Basically, if Biden hangs on to NV, AZ, WI (with mostly blue votes remaining to be counted in WI) -

then he needs one of GA (16 EVs), MI (16 EVs), or PA (20 EVs). But he's significantly behind in all 3 of these, especially PA, so who knows what the chances are.

GA or MI only would make it a 270-268 squeaker. Ironically all 3 (which seems too much to hope for) would be 306-232, which was exactly Trump's margin in 2016.

I am pinning my hopes on GA, which sounds crazy given that all of the typical GOP states broke heavily in favor of Trump. I think Biden will lose PA. MI is a real wild card.

sycasey
OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

NC is also still not out of the realm of possibility. Remember that they allow mail-in ballots to arrive after Election Day (just have to be postmarked on ED), unlike these other states. We'll be waiting on that one a while.
OneKeg
dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

I am pinning my hopes on GA, which sounds crazy given that all of the typical GOP states broke heavily in favor of Trump. I think Biden will lose PA. MI is a real wild card.
I don't think WI is a sure thing either. The lead is hovering around 10k. Mostly Green Bay left to count, not Brown county which it's in. So it should be blue-ish but who knows.

Same with NV - looks pretty good but the margin is too close for comfort.

I guess that's true for this whole election. What a mess this is going to be with Trump basically trying to halt democracy (but not in AZ or NV where he could still catch up).
OneKeg
sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

NC is also still not out of the realm of possibility. Remember that they allow mail-in ballots to arrive after Election Day (just have to be postmarked on ED), unlike these other states. We'll be waiting on that one a while.
It's not going to happen, but can you imagine if Biden lost MI, PA and GA but somehow won NC's 15 EVs? It would be a 269-269 tie.
dimitrig
OneKeg said:

sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

It's not going to happen, but can you imagine if Biden lost MI, PA and GA but somehow won NC's 15 EVs? It would be a 269-269 tie.

If that happened, the House chooses the POTUS and the Senate chooses the Vice-POTUS.

Say hello to a Biden-Pence Administration!

Edit: Or more likely Biden-Ivanka

OneKeg
dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

If that happened, the House chooses the POTUS and the Senate chooses the Vice-POTUS.

No, it would be Trump-Pence if it is 269-269.

The House chooses but not by a regular vote. Each state's house delegation together gets 1 vote. So basically each state gets one vote and Dems lose that all day (edited) are currently a few states behind on that front. It's the new Congress that matters so who knows, but my guess is the Dems will still have fewer states even though they will still control the House in terms of number of members of Congress. Thanks GMP for the correction.
GMP
OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

The House chooses but not by a regular vote. Each state's house delegation together gets 1 vote. So basically each state gets one vote and Dems lose that all day.

Are we sure? RIght now it's 26-23-1 Republicans. But it's the new Congress, not the current one. I'm not sure we know where that will land (but maybe we do).
OneKeg
GMP said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

The House chooses but not by a regular vote. Each state's house delegation together gets 1 vote. So basically each state gets one vote and Dems lose that all day.

Are we sure? RIght now it's 26-23-1 Republicans. But it's the new Congress, not the current one. I'm not sure we know where that will land (but maybe we do).
You're right I'm not sure, though I think Republicans will still lead. I'll edit my earlier post.
GMP
Biden's lead in Nevada down to 9,000.

sycasey
OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

I don't think WI is a sure thing either. The lead is hovering around 10k. Mostly Green Bay left to count, not Brown county which it's in. So it should be blue-ish but who knows.

I guess that's true for this whole election. What a mess this is going to be with Trump basically trying to halt democracy (but not in AZ or NV where he could still catch up).

AZ was already called for Biden, so he's not catching up. NV is getting closer, but per the elections guru there (Jon Ralston) the remaining vote is mail-in votes from Clark County (Las Vegas) which probably goes blue and carries Biden over the finish line there.
OneKeg
sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

OneKeg said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

Edit:

AZ was already called for Biden, so he's not catching up. NV is getting closer, but per the elections guru there (Jon Ralston) the remaining vote is mail-in votes from Clark County (Las Vegas) which probably goes blue and carries Biden over the finish line there.
Oh I agree with all that. I was just trying to address the irony of Trump wanting a full count in AZ while wanting to halt it elsewhere during his disgusting speech a while back. I meant "he could still catch up {in his opinion}".
BearChemist
MI presidential race is essentially tied, with more absentee ballots to be counted. In the senate race Peters is running 2% behind Biden but there may be still enough outstanding votes to catch up.

I think people easily underestimated how much the absentee ballots favor Dems in 2020, multiplied by the historic amount of these ballots. Still, when everything is said and done I will be interested to hear how the state polls **** up again, even more so than in 2016.
sycasey
BearChemist said:

MI presidential race is essentially tied, with more absentee ballots to be counted. In the senate race Peters is running 2% behind Biden but there may be still enough outstanding votes to catch up.

I think people easily underestimated how much the absentee ballots favor Dems in 2020, multiplied by the historic amount of these ballots. Still, when everything is said and done I will be interested to hear how the state polls **** up again, even more so than in 2016.

I think that when all the counting is done it will look pretty similar to a 2016 error (not more), everywhere except Florida. Florida is a weird situation with the Cuban vote swinging so hard.

Biden's bigger lead was enough to withstand the error, unlike Hillary.
BearChemist
sycasey said:

BearChemist said:

I think that when all the counting is done it will look pretty similar to a 2016 error (not more), everywhere except Florida. Florida is a weird situation with the Cuban vote swinging so hard.

I was referring to places like WI (538 polling average had Biden +8), IA (Biden +1 or Trump +1), and OH. In states like GA, NC, and AZ the poll averages are actually with in margin of errors.

National polls, on the other hand, are quite on point once again. As you said when all the outstanding ballots are in, which will take another week, we may see Biden +6/+7 nationally (538 has +8).
concordtom
OMG.
I just woke up and MI turned blue.
WI is blue on the map.
What does this all mean???
I'm literally starting to cry! Could it be???? Oh, God, please let this nightmare be over!
BearChemist
concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.
I'm literally starting to cry! Could it be???? Oh, God, please let this nightmare be over!
I don't know man. With a tons of Dems chose absentee voting this year, the day-of-election ballots will screw heavily toward R. In FL and OH the absentee are counted ahead of Tuesday or on Tuesday morning, and the results are released as soon as the poll closed. This is why Biden had +12 in OH for a while, but as day-of-ballots are counted it switched back to R+8. These midwestern states just count the ballots in the opposed order, so it is to be expected that Trump would have a considerable lead on Tuesday night. Not sure what all the hand-wringings were about. With the amount of VBM in PA, the current R+11 gap will shrink over the next few days as mails arrive.
oskidunker
concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.
I hope so. Where the hell does trump get that vote counting should stop?
Go Bears!
okaydo
sycasey said:

BearChemist said:

Last week, I signed up for a free 7-day free trial of HBO Max just so I can watch this documentary, which was really good. It is, essentially about the Miami Cuban vote. And what happens when you cross it.

Biden should, if he wins, probably name a high-ranking Cuban-American to his cabinet. And reach out to them a lot. Because they are the key.

okaydo
oskidunker said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.

I think -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- Brett Kavanaugh wrote recently that votes shouldn't be counted after election day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/us/kavanaugh-voting-rights.html

okaydo

concordtom
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Boom.

And I would expect the late counting in MI and PA to go much the same as WI. That's why I thought Biden was favored.
Bless you.
I went to bed considering my earthly demise.
smh
concordtom
BearChemist said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.
I don't know man. With a tons of Dems chose absentee voting this year, the day-of-election ballots will screw heavily toward R. In FL and OH the absentee are counted ahead of Tuesday or on Tuesday morning, and the results are released as soon as the poll closed. This is why Biden had +12 in OH for a while, but as day-of-ballots are counted it switched back to R+8. These midwestern states just count the ballots in the opposed order, so it is to be expected that Trump would have a considerable lead on Tuesday night. Not sure what all the hand-wringings were about. With the amount of VBM in PA, the current R+11 gap will shrink over the next few days as mails arrive.
The confusing thing is that some states counted the mail stuff early, and posted it early, while other states didn't start counting all that until after the polls closed. I think that's what has happened, the latter, in Michigan and PA. That's why those states are tilting Blue as I understand it. Very weird.

Someone said the nation needs to colonoscopy on how we conduct elections. It shouldn't be up to dirty tricks by state governors or legislatures: voter suppression tactics like moving or closing polling locations, clearing polling rolls, felons losing the right to vote - not to mention all this vote by mail, when do we count, etc. States rights, yes, but there needs to be some basic standards. A racist state should not get to Jim Crow a segment of it's population.
concordtom
GMP = GrandMasterPoop, yes?
LOL. When did you make that switch? Quite some time ago, as I recall.
I think you simply got tired of all the teasing?
Please, recount the story for us.
okaydo
concordtom said:

BearChemist said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.
The confusing thing is that some states counted the mail stuff early, and posted it early, while other states didn't start counting all that until after the polls closed. I think that's what has happened, the latter, in Michigan and PA. That's why those states are tilting Blue as I understand it. Very weird.

Someone said the nation needs to colonoscopy on how we conduct elections. It shouldn't be up to dirty tricks by state governors or legislatures: voter suppression tactics like moving or closing polling locations, clearing polling rolls, felons losing the right to vote - not to mention all this vote by mail, when do we count, etc. States rights, yes, but there needs to be some basic standards. A racist state should not get to Jim Crow a segment of it's population.

The tweet below explains what happened. Republicans don't like early counting of votes except Florida.

Speaking of Florida, I kept seeing people tweeting about how a large state like Florida was able to count all their ballots early. But Florida is allowed to count early ballots early. And that all the other states that don't do that are just inefficient. But Dems wanted early counting of votes in those other swing states, but GOP would rather delay counting of ballots for obvious reasons.

concordtom
okaydo said:

oskidunker said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.

I think -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- Brett Kavanaugh wrote recently that votes shouldn't be counted after election day.

What are the Republicans going to do - take a snapshot of polls at midnight and submit that to the Supreme Court and say - "there. you must end it there."
No way that works! Literally, the nation will EXPLODE if the votes show a Biden win, but the SC come back and say it should be a Trump win based on that logic. No way the SC would tap that scale.
sycasey
Biden is probably winning, but the lack of a big victory margin means Democrats are still f***ed on gerrymandering for the next generation.

Though somebody on this thread made a good point, that the coalitions seemed to shift so weirdly in this election that they may not even know how to effectively gerrymander.
okaydo
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

oskidunker said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.

What are the Republicans going to do - take a snapshot of polls at midnight and submit that to the Supreme Court and say - "there. you must end it there."
No way that works! Literally, the nation will EXPLODE if the votes show a Biden win, but the SC come back and say it should be a Trump win based on that logic. No way the SC would tap that scale.

This is why the GOP doesn't want mail in votes counted early>

concordtom
okaydo said:

From NBC website

First Read: Win or lose, Trump and his politics look like they're here to stay

WASHINGTON Whether or not President Trump ultimately wins or loses and the remaining vote appears to be strong for Joe Biden Trumpism looks like it's here to stay.

Democrats were hoping for a repudiation of Trump; that a GOP loss so big would force Republicans to the negotiating table, to try to compete for votes in urban/suburban America, and to dial down the scorched-earth politics over the last few years.

Instead, even if Trump doesn't win, he might have helped the GOP keep its Senate majority and pick up House seats when Republicans looked destined to lose them.

Bottom line: Even if he's voted out of office as we continue to count the votes in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin Trump and his brand of politics aren't leaving the political scene.

Urban versus rural. Those with college degrees versus those without. Women versus men.

And those divides will affect how this country tries to recover from a pandemic, an economic recession and social/racial tensions across the country.

okaydo
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

From NBC website

First Read: Win or lose, Trump and his politics look like they're here to stay

WASHINGTON Whether or not President Trump ultimately wins or loses and the remaining vote appears to be strong for Joe Biden Trumpism looks like it's here to stay.

Democrats were hoping for a repudiation of Trump; that a GOP loss so big would force Republicans to the negotiating table, to try to compete for votes in urban/suburban America, and to dial down the scorched-earth politics over the last few years.

Instead, even if Trump doesn't win, he might have helped the GOP keep its Senate majority and pick up House seats when Republicans looked destined to lose them.

Bottom line: Even if he's voted out of office as we continue to count the votes in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin Trump and his brand of politics aren't leaving the political scene.

Urban versus rural. Those with college degrees versus those without. Women versus men.

And those divides will affect how this country tries to recover from a pandemic, an economic recession and social/racial tensions across the country.

I wonder if Trumpism is like Obamaism.

Trump and Obama were uniquely charismatic presidents who drew a lot of people who wanted to vote for them, and perhaps only for them.

I wonder how many Trump fans will actually vote for a Boring Republican.
concordtom
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

oskidunker said:

concordtom said:

OMG.
WI is blue on the map.

This is why the GOP doesn't want mail in votes counted early>

"Surprise ballot dumps".
He will never stop inventing fabrications of the imagination.
That's precisely why he needs to be defeated, and then let the states take him to court and finish him in jail, without the coming Federal pardon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.